Found Deceased VA - Molly Meghan Miller, 31, Charlottesville, 29 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh, people magazine got the detail about the credit card wrong!

My own experience with "People Crime" having worked in Law Enforcement is they do what we called "journalism by google", meaning they just gather a lot of random information from various social media and MSM reports without actually verifying anything. Like the tabloids, take it with a grain of salt.

Did we hear any results from Molly's autopsy yet?

Why wouldn't her dog have detected she was in the house. Mine coming looking for me when I hide from them. Plus, why would he give bogus information to the police and her family? Every piece of information about what was going on was given by him.

I wasn't sure how to type a message. Someone posted a date that was incorrect when police were contacted. Sorry. Have to learn how to use the site.

Why wouldn't her dog have detected she was in the house. Mine coming looking for me when I hide from them. Plus, why would he give bogus information to the police and her family? Every piece of information about what was going on was given by him.

I've been wondering myself about the dog. As one who has owned dogs most of my life until just recently, I can tell you in my experience, every dog that I have owned would have gone ballistic if I was in the house and they could't get to me. That goes for my husband and children as well. I'm sure we all have examples of our animals doing some amazing things to protect us and our loved ones. One of our dogs alerted us to an issue on the ice on our lake in our back yard- the kids were tying their skates, and she frantically barked at the sliding glass doors until I went outside to see what was bothering her- she actually stopped one of my kids from getting on the ice. Mind you, the lake was completely frozen, the temps were so low, just like now on the East coast, and mny people were skating, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling. All of the sudden, just as she got in front of my son and gently knocked him down, preventing him from going on the ice, we heard a huge crack- and it was loud and big- not only did the ice crack, but it shifted and there was a hole right where my son usually put his hockey net, to which he was getting ready to do that, before the dog went crazy. That wasn't the first incident she protected them, and the funny thing about it was, she was the most easy going and laid back dog.

So, thinking back on this, I myself am wondering why the dog didn't go crazy. They smell you and know your every move, the sense when something isn't right. Again, I have a book full of examples as to how my own animals, cats included, alerted us to dangerous situations or illnesses {low blood sugar problems and other medical issues} and these are just house pets- none of them were trained to do so.

They know where you are. My one dog will scratch at the bedroom door when she knows I am in there. She will run through the house looking for me if she knows I am there. Your dog sounds amazing and you are so lucky to have had one like that who saved your son from harm.

They know where you are. My one dog will scratch at the bedroom door when she knows I am in there. She will run through the house looking for me if she knows I am there. Your dog sounds amazing and you are so lucky to have had one like that who saved your son from harm.

We sure are grateful to our dearly departed Charlie Girl! She was amazing. It was so surreal, looking back on it. The kids were out daily skating and playing hockey, never a peep out of her. She was sleeping, warm and cozy and just jumped up from the couch and went ballistic barking. I asked the kids if they had heard any crackling noise, thinking she might have heard something that I didn't, but they said no, there was no noise, no cracking sound. Just so grateful that she alerted me, and I am glad that I trusted her enough to go outside with her to see what was going on. She also saved them another time at our old house, got between a mentally ill man and my kids when he was homeless and living in the woods behind our house. Thankfully I was outside then with them, as they were little, and one minute I was talking to my best friend, and the next thing we knew, the dog took off from our side, barking frantically and just as the man came into our yard, heading towards the kids, she flew after him and backed him away.

That same dog as well as several others did the same to me, too, when it came to using the bathroom or even going to bed, lol! I couldn't even take a shower without them all either trying to get in the bathroom, one always had to come in with me for the family's sake, haha, or they'd be waiting for me by the door. If something had happened to me, no doubt, they would be persistently barking until I was found. My dogs were all different breeds, too- English Springer Spanial [that was Charlie's breed], Black Labs, and Yorkshire and Scottish Terriers {I had the Scotties growing up}.

That's why I find it odd about the dog not reacting to her death. It is so unusual for a dog not to notice their owner's scents and to not go crazy trying to find them. It is possible that the dog might not have been home, but what are the chances? I still wonder what tipped the police off to search the house again?

Thank you for sharing these stories, Steelslady! Amazing! Yes dogs and other animals are much more receptive to hunches and gut feelings and will act on them because they don't have this huge intellectual capacity like we have that demands that everything should be logical and provable. jmo

As for Molly's dog, maybe he did whine and pace etc but this was misinterpreted by the fiance, who was convinced Molly had left the house, as simply missing Molly.

As for why police eventually searched the house, my guess would be that the fiance finally noticed a smell, or did find the dog's behaviour odd enough to alert LE.

We have had different breeds also, both big and little. I have settled on poodles and we have a Shih Tzu. One poodle I've had since she was 8 weeks old and she will be 16 April 15th if she lives that long. The other poodle and the Shih Tzu are both rescues. We have also had a rescued retired racing greyhound and an Italian Greyhound that was headed to the pound because the owner's wife didn't like the dog. He was a little hoot and I would have another if the chance ever arose. We just can't seem to have only one dog. We went to 2 dogs when we moved to WV and then went to 3. My husband saw a rescue online and asked if we should get it and I told him no. All 3 dogs made multiple visits to various vets during December with one being diagnosed with collapsed trachea that is being treated sort of with cough medicine and the other with allergies in addition to having dry eye, a heart murmur and high blood pressure. The collapsed trachea is something that will worsen with time and hopefully it will be a long time as she is only 5 years old. The oldest one saw the vet for a pulled muscle and Rimadyl is a miracle drug because she was better the same day I gave her the first dose of it and continued to improve. Hopefully, we are over vet visits for a long while. lol I don't ever see us not having a dog.

We will probably never know about what went on with this case and why her body wasn't found by either the fiancée or the police before being found 3 days after she supposedly went missing. I pray for her family.

Update on Molly Meghan Miller.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37194082/police-molly-millers-death-does-not-appear-to-be-result-of-criminal-act

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37194082/police-molly-millers-death-does-not-appear-to-be-result-of-criminal-act

From the link:
The Charlottesville Police Department is now saying that Molly Meghan Miller’s death does not appear to be the result of a criminal act.

Results from an autopsy conducted Wednesday, January 3, are still pending. As a result, the cause of death for the 31-year-old woman has not been finalized. Authorities said in a statement released Thursday, January 4, that, "These tests results and report may take quite some time to be completed and sent to our department. As such, no additional information will be released until those reports are finalized."

Wow. I wonder what happened? So very, very sad.

I would hate to be presumptuous but suicide or possible overdose would be my guess. Heartbreaking for family and friends.

I'm wondering if it was an accidental overdose.

We sure are grateful to our dearly departed Charlie Girl! She was amazing. It was so surreal, looking back on it. The kids were out daily skating and playing hockey, never a peep out of her. She was sleeping, warm and cozy and just jumped up from the couch and went ballistic barking. I asked the kids if they had heard any crackling noise, thinking she might have heard something that I didn't, but they said no, there was no noise, no cracking sound. Just so grateful that she alerted me, and I am glad that I trusted her enough to go outside with her to see what was going on. She also saved them another time at our old house, got between a mentally ill man and my kids when he was homeless and living in the woods behind our house. Thankfully I was outside then with them, as they were little, and one minute I was talking to my best friend, and the next thing we knew, the dog took off from our side, barking frantically and just as the man came into our yard, heading towards the kids, she flew after him and backed him away.

That same dog as well as several others did the same to me, too, when it came to using the bathroom or even going to bed, lol! I couldn't even take a shower without them all either trying to get in the bathroom, one always had to come in with me for the family's sake, haha, or they'd be waiting for me by the door. If something had happened to me, no doubt, they would be persistently barking until I was found. My dogs were all different breeds, too- English Springer Spanial [that was Charlie's breed], Black Labs, and Yorkshire and Scottish Terriers {I had the Scotties growing up}.

That's why I find it odd about the dog not reacting to her death. It is so unusual for a dog not to notice their owner's scents and to not go crazy trying to find them. It is possible that the dog might not have been home, but what are the chances? I still wonder what tipped the police off to search the house again?

The other human(s) inside the residence have to pay attention to the dog's signals, though. If the dog never gets a response to alerting on something unusual, they don't keep doing it. So maybe the dog didn't act unusual, or maybe the boyfriend didn't pick up on the dog's signals.

CPD: Molly Miller's Death Does Not Currently Appear to be Result of Criminal Act

The final autopsy report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and additional test results from the State Forensic Laboratory are still pending. These tests results and report may take quite some time to be completed and sent to our department. As such, no additional information will be released until those reports are finalized.

BBM - I have seen toxicology results take weeks in other cases.IMO the COD is not obvious

That name of Eastern Star is referencing the Masonic Temple Eastern Star. Her father is a Mason not in bricklaying either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko
Back