Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks; didn't see NG. Significant amount of time is a curious phrase in this context; to me it implies the friends had some reason to believe she wasn't coming to the car to take them back (the significance of the time interval already spent implying further waiting wouldn't improve the chances of Morgan showing up, an assumption only made if one has some inkling of what happened to her and where she is). If it were my friend, the wait becomes significant only after she shows up or I know what's happened to her; otherwise I wait more.

Too heavy on the Holmes and Watson??

C6
OMG EXACTLY>

If you're too heavy on the H &W then I am too then. That phrasing, "significant amount of time" gave me the willies for the very reason you just stated.

Maybe she never made it to the concert. She supposedly was excited and planning on going for a while. Maybe something happened to her before she ever got there and the purse was planted. If there is a call on the phone to one of the "friends" inside the concert...doesn't mean Morgan made that call. Her "friends" not frantically searching for her is setting off my hinky meter...big time! And, I'll bet there was arena staff at the doors who would have told her that if she left...no getting back in.

Were the seats together? If so, did her "friends" not notice her missing?

Thanks; didn't see NG. Significant amount of time is a curious phrase in this context; to me it implies the friends had some reason to believe she wasn't coming to the car to take them back (the significance of the time interval already spent implying further waiting wouldn't improve the chances of Morgan showing up, an assumption only made if one has some inkling of what happened to her and where she is). If it were my friend, the wait becomes significant only after she shows up or I know what's happened to her; otherwise I wait more.

Too heavy on the Holmes and Watson??

C6

The fact that they waited around in the parking lot for her tells me one of two things. Either they had a reason to believe that she went backstage and would eventually come back, or they knew she was meeting up with someone else...another friend? boyfriend the parents don't know about?

The question still stands though - WHY did they leave her? Certainly, if the friends thought she went with a guy or was partying backstage, they wouldn't keep this info from LE and her parents, would they? Strange, to say the least!

• Britt October 20th, 2009 | 7:11 pm
    Also, one more thing to clarify. The three girls were going to the concert in Charlottesville and then heading back to JMU, which is only about 45 min away. There are parties there every night Thurs-Sat. And its only about an hour and 15 min back to the part of Roanoke where she lived at most. This is very out of character for her. Hopefully she’s okay and will come home very soon http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/19/metal-fan-from-tech-disappears/
Forgive me if this has been posted already. Gives an explanation (if of course thats what happened) of what the plans were after the concert, driving time etc.

I agree with another poster about people just not thinking at that age. I think a lot is assumed when you're young. Maybe her friends assumed that she would meet them wherever they had planned to go after the concert since she couldn't get back in...

I'm praying they find her soon.

Maybe she never made it to the concert. She supposedly was excited and planning on going for a while. Maybe something happened to her before she ever got there and the purse was planted. If there is a call on the phone to one of the "friends" inside the concert...doesn't mean Morgan made that call. Her "friends" not frantically searching for her is setting off my hinky meter...big time! And, I'll bet there was arena staff at the doors who would have told her that if she left...no getting back in.

Were the seats together? If so, did her "friends" not notice her missing?

Hmm...most tickets are purchased using ticketmaster. A credit or debit card has to be used. Unless it was a general admission concert, maybe LE could go through ticketmaster to find out who purchased the tickets next to the girls. They could at least verify with them whether or not they saw Morgan there before the concert or during the first band.

The fact that they waited around in the parking lot for her tells me one of two things. Either they had a reason to believe that she went backstage and would eventually come back, or they knew she was meeting up with someone else...another friend? boyfriend the parents don't know about?

The question still stands though - WHY did they leave her? Certainly, if the friends thought she went with a guy or was partying backstage, they wouldn't keep this info from LE and her parents, would they? Strange, to say the least!

Right on the initial waiting: She wasn't in the car, shouldn't be wandering around in the cold, so the assumption was she had done as you suggested and would be back soon. And ditto, why did they switch to plan B and leave? And why is the amount of time they waited a significant amount by the mother's reckoning? She's publically letting the friends off the hook. Why??

C6

I would be even more concerned if the other girls really did wait a "significant amount of time" for Morgan to show up after the show. We just can't be absolutely sure that's the case. And not for nothing, but if there were no surveillance cameras at the arena or if they weren't working, it's just not ok. At a Metallica concert? Jeez!

I don't know what is like around that arena. Minute maid Park(Astrosbaseball) is in downtown houston. We had season sunday tickets which were 1pm games. Coming out of there in the afternoon there were bums that hang around asking for money. Wonder if there were shady characters hanging out around that arena?

Someone on the facebook above says there are pics of Morgan on her facebook and she's a smoker....I guess she could have gone outside to smoke, but are there not people at the doors who would have told her if she left...no re-entry?

One of the friends was her roommate...who were the other 2 people?

Me to. Le said we will not say what evidence we found only that she has no id on her. Gee thanx.

So this tells me her ID was still in her purse. What about money? They should be able to determine whether she had any cash on her, right?

I'm sorry, it just doesn't sound like she took off of her own accord here.

Please let her be okay!

I don't know what is like around that arena. Minute maid Park(Astrosbaseball) is in downtown houston. We had season sunday tickets which were 1pm games. Coming out of there in the afternoon there were bums that hang around asking for money. Wonder if there were shady characters hanging out around that arena?

I have never seen anyone that made me feel uncomfortable nervous or scared when we have gone to events. I wouldn't say that is one of the most dangerous places in Cville. Plus there are always lots of LE for directing traffic and parking and so forth

Someone on the facebook above says there are pics of Morgan on her facebook and she's a smoker....I guess she could have gone outside to smoke, but are there not people at the doors who would have told her if she left...no re-entry?

One of the friends was her roommate...who were the other 2 people?

I read that the arena had designated smoking areas. Most arenas have roped in areas that are directly outside the arena where people can go smoke and re-enter. However, if someone left the roped in areas, they wouldn't be allowed back in.

If she wasn't meeting up with someone out in the parking lot, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe she had to make a phone call and either couldn't hear or wasn't getting reception in the arena. That would have to be a really important phone call for her to leave the arena before seeing the concert she had been looking forward to for 6 months though.

Heres NG transcripts if anyone wants to read it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/20/ng.01.html

Snipped...

Father: she called me after she arrived safely in Harrisonburg and it was in Harrisonburg, where she hooked up with her friends, and they drove with one of the friends to the concert in Charlottesville.

Tim Martin, what about surveillance video in that arena? I mean, 16,000 people? Surely somebody saw what happened.

MARTIN: You know, absolutely right. And that`s what police are looking into. And they`re really asking the people that were at this concert to check their videos, check their camera phones, because somebody may have a picture of this girl on their phone.

GRACE: Well, what are they telling you about why she left right before Metallica took the stage?

G. HARRINGTON: You know, I don`t really know that piece. And I don`t know that they know that piece. I mean, it`s one of the questions that we need to ask her.

Miss Harrington:
You know, Morgan has this group of good friends, and she doesn`t have any biologic sisters, but these girls are kind of her chosen sisters, and they do cover her back. And they all would do anything for each other.

GRACE: That just doesn`t make sense to me. If they`re covering her back, why weren`t they concerned she was missing? Unless they think she was somewhere else.

Heres NG transcripts if anyone wants to read it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/20/ng.01.html

Snipped...

Father: she called me after she arrived safely in Harrisonburg and it was in Harrisonburg, where she hooked up with her friends, and they drove with one of the friends to the concert in Charlottesville.

Tim Martin, what about surveillance video in that arena? I mean, 16,000 people? Surely somebody saw what happened.

MARTIN: You know, absolutely right. And that`s what police are looking into. And they`re really asking the people that were at this concert to check their videos, check their camera phones, because somebody may have a picture of this girl on their phone.

GRACE: Well, what are they telling you about why she left right before Metallica took the stage?

G. HARRINGTON: You know, I don`t really know that piece. And I don`t know that they know that piece. I mean, it`s one of the questions that we need to ask her.

Miss Harrington:
You know, Morgan has this group of good friends, and she doesn`t have any biologic sisters, but these girls are kind of her chosen sisters, and they do cover her back. And they all would do anything for each other.

GRACE: That just doesn`t make sense to me. If they`re covering her back, why weren`t they concerned she was missing? Unless they think she was somewhere else.

What was the answer?!?!?!??!?!

So sorry

He said I think the disconnect is that children think they are invincible. And I think that was the disconnect, They are good kids and have been in and out of my house since they were kids...

I don't understand it either! But we know that kids this age believe they're invincible and that nothing bad can happen to them.

I asked my DD, who is 20, if she would leave a friend under these circumstances and she said "no way." That said, I, being the sleuther that I am, caution her CONSTANTLY about how dangerous it is to be out and about alone. For the most part, she just rolls her eyes and tells me I'm crazy.

I understand - even my daughter's friends roll their eyes at me.

I have three rules: Do not go anywhere by yourself, even if it's just a short trip to the bathroom. Do not allow anyone in the group to go off by herself, even if it's just supposed to be for a few minutes. And finally, make sure the cell phone is fully charged when you leave for the evening and keep it with you at all times.

The girls may get tired of hearing it but if it keeps them from making a mistake, then I'll gladly tolerate the eye rolling.

I still think this goes back to her meeting someone, and for some reason the family and the friends don't want to disclose this? Why? What is so embarrassing about meeting another friend unless we are talking possible boyfriend who might not pass parents approval?

Perhaps they have been instructed not to release certain information. Her mother was choosing her words very carefully when she was talking to Nancy Grace earlier today. I noticed that she evaded a few of the questions.

On that note, I can't imagine how hard it must be to talk to the media. As a parent, you must know that it's vital to get the information out there but I'm sure there's a fine line to walk in order not to jeopardize the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3