Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know what kind of church it was they went to?

I'm wondering if maybe the parents were a little pushy, and maybe the stress caused her to take off.

A few things from personal experience that may lend some perspective to the concert situation and Morgan's friends actions that night...

1) When I was 23, I had started working at a local hospital with a group of girls that I became good friends with. We would regularly go out to 5 Points (the local College bar area here in Columbia) and drink, have fun, you know, typical early 20's stuff. One night, I got completely plastered... So bad in fact, that one of the guys that was with us put me in a cab and sent me home. My friends didn't even realize that I had left them until the next afternoon, when they called me.

2) Just this past weekend, a very close friend went back to his hometown to spend his 21st birthday with his high school friends. One of the girls in this group was supposed to be his ride, however, she misunderstood something he said and ended up leaving him stranded at the bar.

I am using these 2 examples just to show that yes, leaving friends and loosing friends in public places can and does happen. I choose not to pass judgement on these friends of Morgan, quite frankly because I don't know the whole story, just what has been reported in the news- and we all know how distorted and convoluted the media can be at times, especially early on in a story. I do not think that that they just abandoned her (and I hope I am not proven wrong) without a second thought. Could be that they just assumed naively she got a cab (granted that trip would have cost an arm and a leg, but stranger things have happened, ya know?) Now whether that second thought was the most appropriate one, well that remains to be seen.

I personally have a gut feeling she ran into someone she knew, went to the parking lot with them without knowing she couldn't re-enter, then when she found out she called her friends inside to let them know she couldn't re-enter, and then went looking for whomever she ran into (since they too would not have been able to re-enter.) I know this is a lot of speculation, but it also makes some sence to explain things. I just hope she turns up ok. :twocents:

Also, if the girls waited around the car for a significant amount of time, that means apparently her purse was not within sight of the car or else they would have seen it and called the police. So where was it? If she was attacked suddenly, things would be scattered, wouldn't they? If it was a single person attacking her, he would not have time or the ability to keep a hold of her and pick up her things... and he most certainly wouldn't leave them. Even if it was more than one person, they wouldn't leave it, would they?

So it had to have been one person she was somewhat comfortable with or someone who had been able to subdue her to the point of not being able to struggle who took her phone, popped the battery out, shoved it in her purse and then when they started struggling, she dropped her purse and it was left behind.

Or else maybe someone happened upon a couple of guys who had done what I wrote above and in the rush to get her out of there, her purse was dropped.

Also, if the girls waited around the car for a significant amount of time, that means apparently her purse was not within sight of the car or else they would have seen it and called the police. So where was it? If she was attacked suddenly, things would be scattered, wouldn't they? If it was a single person attacking her, he would not have time or the ability to keep a hold of her and pick up her things... and he most certainly wouldn't leave them. Even if it was more than one person, they wouldn't leave it, would they?

So it had to have been one person she was somewhat comfortable with or someone who had been able to subdue her to the point of not being able to struggle who took her phone, popped the battery out, shoved it in her purse and then when they started struggling, she dropped her purse and it was left behind.

Or else maybe someone happened upon a couple of guys who had done what I wrote above and in the rush to get her out of there, her purse was dropped.

She may have left her purse in the car. I went to a concert with my boyfriend and I didn't feel safe taking my purse with me, knowing we would likely be standing up the whole time. I put my ID and a debit card in a pocket with a zipper and left my purse and cell phone in the trunk of the car.

I have read this entire thread and all of the articles. Something is way off here and I do not feel we have enough details yet to determine what. There are too many unanswered questions, or information LE does not want anyone to have yet. None of it makes sense.

The Dad is very distraught while the mother seems cool as a cucumber. I know Morgan is a Daddy's girl and I think she and her mother probably get along due to Morgan asking her advice on outfits to wear to the concert. But something is just off here, IMO. I know that if this were my beautiful young daughter missing, my makeup would be running down my face and I would be sobbing. I very honestly, from the bottom of my heart, think that Morgan's mother might think that she may have gone off with someone.

Girls who are best friends will try to keep a secret for a friend if they think it is important enough. I think those girls know more than they are saying. Were the girls seats together? Was Morgan's purse found near the car? It makes no sense whatsoever for the battery to have been taken out of her cell phone and her cell phone returned to her purse. Why would someone who attacked or abducted Morgan even put the cell phone back in her purse? None of this makes sense. Any of those girls would know that the cell phone records would be available for LE to look at, so I hope they really have told LE all they know.

Were the girls supposed to have spent the night somewhere? Did Morgan take an overnight case with her? If she did, was it still in the car? Just way too many unanswered questions.

The girls could not have made a missing person's report, but they could have called LE or at least Morgan's parents. They had to know how very close Morgan was with her parents. If Morgan were my best friend, I would not have left town without her. Her friend's behavior simply does not make sense.

I also wonder if Morgan was to meet someone at the concert. Maybe someone she knew her stoic parents would not have approved of.

I could go on and on, but there is no point in it. There are just too many unanswered questions. For Morgan's sake as well as her families sake, I pray that she is found right away if she is not missing of her own accord. If she has chosen to be where she is, I pray she will at least let her family know something. No one can force her to go back home at her age.

God Bless Morgan, her family, and her friends. May there be a resolution today!

Hmm...most tickets are purchased using ticketmaster. A credit or debit card has to be used. Unless it was a general admission concert, maybe LE could go through ticketmaster to find out who purchased the tickets next to the girls. They could at least verify with them whether or not they saw Morgan there before the concert or during the first band.

Many concerts have standing only sections. Maybe there was no "seat" next to her.

Not verifiable by link.....but The Early Show gave information just now saying that when Morgan called her friends she told them she would get her own ride back.

Hard to know what is fact though as so many scenarios are being put out there by the media.

....... I very honestly, from the bottom of my heart, think that Morgan's mother might think that she may have gone off with someone.

....God Bless Morgan, her family, and her friends. May there be a resolution today!

(respectfully snipped)

Wholeheartedly agree, LaLaw2000.

anyone know what kind of church it was they went to?

I'm wondering if maybe the parents were a little pushy, and maybe the stress caused her to take off.

Unity Church is where the Rev. who lives with them is a Pastor. No holy roller or hellfire/damnation/condemnation kind of church.

snipped & bbm

Way too cool! :waitasec:

She does seem to be cool...

However, she may be a stronger person in the emotional area than what her husband has been.

Sometimes people are just able to hold it together better than others.

4/30/2003, 8/8/2004, 12/4/2004, 6/10/2005 On those dates - all men - 1 being my husband and one being my Dad - others were very close to me. All of them died on those dates. People were asking me why I wasn't a basket case with all of these so close together. I knew there was time for me to be a basket case later...I had to be the strong one to uphold others in our family...

And this is what GH may be doing...

Why would someone take the battery to the phone...if the purse was going to be left where it was with the phone in it? What would be the point? Hopefully there are prints on the phone that will help them with this case.

Am wondering if someone may have asked to use her phone to make a call with the true intent being to remove the battery/disable the phone. And Morgan placed the phone back in her purse per usual action oblivious to the battery being removed.

....It makes no sense whatsoever for the battery to have been taken out of her cell phone and her cell phone returned to her purse. Why would someone who attacked or abducted Morgan even put the cell phone back in her purse? None of this makes sense. Any of those girls would know that the cell phone records would be available for LE to look at, so I hope they really have told LE all they know.

Were the girls supposed to have spent the night somewhere? Did Morgan take an overnight case with her? If she did, was it still in the car? Just way too many unanswered questions......

Good questions, esp about the overnight case. I do have a thought on the battery; some phones have the SIM card in or near the battery bay and to remove the SIM someone may have taken the battery out also. The SIM being out would deprive LE of contact info and force them to get a subpoena for the call records, taking valuable time. If this is the reason either we have one clever kidnapper or someone who wants a head start in disappearing.
Overall, info being so parsed makes it hard to draw decent conclusions at this juncture. The purse left behind does fascinate me. LE said she would have no ID on her, so I'll play along and assume it's left behind in her purse. How about her wallet, money, makeup, etc?? And where was the purse in relationship to the car? Is this a staged abduction, or is someone taunting LE?

C6

Not verifiable by link.....but The Early Show gave information just now saying that when Morgan called her friends she told them she would get her own ride back.

Hard to know what is fact though as so many scenarios are being put out there by the media.

Hmmmm. Other sources, including her Facebook missing site indicate she drove and her friends waited by her car after the concert for her to return.
Wonder why so many scenarios and no direction from LE 4 days later??

C6

I haven't seen any other news source report this information below, so take it with a grain of salt. Even if it is legit, hopefully it is nothing.

A job fair was held at John Paul Jones Arena Tuesday. Hundreds of job seekers showed up, but just a few hundred feet away, down in the creek, police probed with batons, trying to find any bit of evidence. Police spent about fifteen minutes looking over a black piece of cloth. We could not confirm exactly what it was, though it looked like a tarp or a T-shirt. Police collected it for further information.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/64718837.html

The arena from which Morgan disappeared does not have a security system. Nor does it have cameras in the parking lot.

I am new to adding pics, but I am going to try. Bear with me. :)

morgans_seat.png

The red arrow in the pic indicates the seating area for Morgan according to posts on the Facebook for her.

The green arrow indicates the smoking area that is accessible from inside the areana and is supposed to be used so that you do not leave the building (since you can't get back in).

There are signs pointing to the area throughout the arena.

I am still just confused about why she wouldn't have gone there if she was going to smoke. It makes my hinky meter go off - as you guys say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva