Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stopped to pick up tix for something at John Paul Jones arena. There are NO posters up of her there at all. Also, there was a cameraman filming outside footage for a story of Morgan tonight on the local. I talked to the cameraman, because I am nosy like that and he said that they don't have any new information at all right now and are just doing stock footage for the existing story. FWIW.

Wow, that's pretty sad. I was feeling really hopeful after the talk about the police looking at a piece of black fabric in the creek area.

The parking areas are actually pretty close to the arena despite the pix. There are enough of them with surrounding secluded areas for them to be a security problem after dark.

Just to answer your first question since that's the only one that I have, a lot of concerts will have more than one opening band. At least almost all concerts I have been to.

why did these two just take off after the concert?
who took them home/
didn't they think it strange she was not there to take them home/
what kind of car does Morgan own?

many many questions for those two pals of hers many...

This is weird too right? So was the warm-up band or whatever you call the first band - (not Metallica) playing from 7 PM and was still playing at 8:40 when she left?

There were 2 opening bands so Metallica was probably not playing when she left.

The parking areas are actually pretty close to the arena despite the pix. There are enough of them with surrounding secluded areas for them to be a security problem after dark.

I wanted to ask your opinion?

ok I read that the two girls she rode to the concert
never said who or how they got home?
I mean if she drove how did they get home/
what did they say to the persons who did take them home from the concert?
something odd going on?

The guy at the box office today said that Metallica didn't take the stage until after 10:15. He also said that the stadium was about 90% sold out on the night of the concert but that of course, doesn't account for what scalpers had.

Somebody anybody!!
What would the two girls ask or say to the people who rode them home when they came with MORGAN in Morgan's car?
what kind of car is her car anyway?
maybe somebody saw her talking to someone near/in/around her car?
I mean her purse and stuff were in it or in the parking lot right?:

ALL
ticket holders who paid by charge etc should be traced regardless of who they are
also: anybody who noticed a friend or somebody suddenly missing too should think about telling police.
somebody else may have had their ride missing too/
somebody who was supposed to pick them up afterwards?
this may be some sort of link to the crime?

Why didn't any of Morgan's friends think it was a red flag when Morgan didn't return to see the band play???

I would have alerted someone. Someone who keeps tickets on the fridge for 6 months in anticipation of a concert doesn't miss the show. JMO

The whole friend situation is the most suspicious part to me still. Whether she was sick or meeting someone, these friends are not acting like true friends would with these circumstances. JMO.

The whole friend situation is the most suspicious part to me still. Whether she was sick or meeting someone, these friends are not acting like true friends would with these circumstances. JMO.

besides...
if I were getting a ride with someone
friend
I would imagine that person would tell me if she were not riding me back home..
plus how about this angle?
What did the friends who came with her tell the people who did ride them home?
statements please...
I think LE should have a sit down with the friends and get the truth out about how and when they called somebody to pick them up..

I still think it's possible she never made it to the concert....would the arena have a ticket stub for that seat? To see if was used or not? Maybe something happened to her between where the 2 "friends" were picked up and the arena? Took some bad drugs and died? "Friends" staged the purse/cell phone/calls thing? Maybe scalped her ticket? I just can't get past the seeming nonchalance attitude from these "friends"....

Why didn't any of Morgan's friends think it was a red flag when Morgan didn't return to see the band play???

I would have alerted someone. Someone who keeps tickets on the fridge for 6 months in anticipation of a concert doesn't miss the show. JMO

Well, from what I've seen being reported now..before Metallica took the stage (after Morgan went outside) either Morgan called her friends or they called her (conflicting reports) and she told them not to wait for her and she would find a ride home. So, that to me would assume that her friends knew she wasn't coming back into the show since the arena has a no re-entry policy.

besides...
if I were getting a ride with someone
friend
I would imagine that person would tell me if she were not riding me back home..
plus how about this angle?
What did the friends who came with her tell the people who did ride them home?
statements please...
I think LE should have a sit down with the friends and get the truth out about how and when they called somebody to pick them up..

I think that it is possible that the friends aren't tell all or LE isn't telling all...

Has anyone mentioned the keys to the car? Where were they found? or were they found? And who found the purse? (The friends?) And how far from the car?

I have been cruising around the Metallica fan site and their message boards. Most people seem genuinely willing to help, but no helpful info yet. I keep hoping I will read on there that someone has some photo or video footage of her.

Did she not know that there were be no getting back in once she exited? That makes no sense. Even a momentary lapse in judgment. That early in the concert there had to be people standing at the doors, still entering, whatever but maybe they don't make a big announcement that once you leave you need another ticket to get back in. Was this her first concert?

I hope the pressor will be more forthcoming with the details, such as whose car was where and how those other girls got home. That is a big issue in my mind if they were riding her car. It's just confusing how the news can't get the story straight. Looks like we need to get wvagirl on the search for actual facts like she learned at the arena!

Call me nosy too but the family's minister lives with them in their Roanoke County home? What church do they belong to? She said that the first the family heard from LE was a call which again confuses me. I thought the dad had called the friends around 12:30 when she didn't come back to study for her math exam and he reported her missing.

Just to answer your first question since that's the only one that I have, a lot of concerts will have more than one opening band. At least almost all concerts I have been to.
There were 2 opening bands so Metallica was probably not playing when she left.
Thank you! January and Chili Fries; So there was some band playing then at 8:40... (I was pointing to the loud music and not being able to hear issue if Morgan called the friend or vice versa)

What about a trip to one of the vendors? She was a big fan, right? It makes sense if she were going to buy a t-shirt or some other memorabilia, that she could beat the crowds by going before the warm-up band was finished. I have the feeling she met someone and was lured outside of the venue-- possibly with promises of getting special treatment via a backstage pass or something.

I hope they are interviewing everyone that had open access to that place.

Also what strikes me as odd, a purse and cell phone in the parking lot? And no one picked it up, or stole it? That kind of "litter" doesn't get ignored...I'd venture to say it was placed there after the crowds had dispersed. Again, that points back toward someone who may have been around after the show was over.

I hope she is found soon, and safe.

There sooo many conflicting reports on this one. One guy on the Metallica site said he got literally pushed out of the door into the parking lot while waiting for his wife because security told him that people couldn't loiter near the doors during the concert. I think this arena needs to do a security revamp ASAP. No cameras and this pushy no entry attitude has suddenly become a major problem as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willowgirlz0