Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for the information, links, and speculations...

I am left with a sense of outrage at the policies of these venues to disallow an individual re-entry! Good grief-- what is their "security" for, if not to watch out for the welfare of their visitors? Only to protect the arena property? Bull pucky!!

I know these concerts are not cheap, and are well staffed! Why on earth would a visitor who's been separated from their group be abandoned right outside the doors of an organized population? How frightening...

I hope this incident prompts some changes to this kind of dangerous alienation. Morgan, and all visitors to ANY venue, deserve to be treated with humanity. I am sickened. :furious:

I am unsure of all the reasons for not allowing reentry, but every venue I have attended has the same rule. (even sports events) There really is NO reason to go out of the gates unless you are leaving. They have restrooms, food, drinks and designated smoking areas. I pray that she is okay.

Also, one of the things that distrubs me is that the local Charlottesville paper has not made this a front-page above the fold news story - there has been saturation coverage on the TV news but I wonder if someone (who has now left town) could have seen her picture first thing Monday morning on the front page ...

There does not seem to be any independent reporting being done by the paper, just regurgitation of the press releases, etc. The misquotes and misstatements from many on the local FOX news station are incredible and are leading many on this site astray.

As citizens we should be concerned about the death of newspaper reporting in this country and in this case Central Virginia!

So many things about what what we've been told causes my hinky meter to go off the charts! I have to believe her "friends" know way more than we're being told. Common sense has to be thrown out the window to believe:

She randomly wandered outside on her way to the bathroom
She wasn't upset about not being let back in
Her friends weren't a bit concerned about her being on her own, outside
She didn't just buy another ticket to get inside
She said she would find her own way home

:banghead:

So many things about what what we've been told causes my hinky meter to go off the charts! I have to believe her "friends" know way more than we're being told. Common sense has to be thrown out the window to believe:

She randomly wandered outside on her way to the bathroom
She wasn't upset about not being let back in
Her friends weren't a bit concerned about her being on her own, outside
She didn't just buy another ticket to get inside
She said she would find her own way home

:banghead:

ITA!! IMO this story does not make sense. I cannot think of one good reason to leave a venue once you have entered.

Maybe Morgan met the four guys outside the arena. She was probably cold and was trying to figure out what she was going to do for the next 3 hours waiting for the concert to get over. These guys may have been local or knew the area and offered to walk Morgan over the bridge to the area the other poster was talking about. That area may have had a local college bar or just a place to sit down inside and hang out. Her strange comment to her friends was something like, don't worry I've found a way to get out of the area, now would make sense.

Her dad mentioned that Morgan was very smart and reliable but that she was maybe a little too trusting.

Something is not quite right with the time. We attended a 7:00 show in Charlotte, NC the very next night on the 18th. We intentionally got to our seats late as we didn't care about seeing the opening band.

Metallica came on stage about 9:10-9:15....NOT 10:15. Both of these shows are the exact shows with the only difference being the setlist. We were leaving the arena around 11:20-11:25.

You can validate what I'm saying at Metallica.com.....search tours and you will see all timeframes in pictures, videos, etc.

As for drugs, security was even banning ALL cigarette smoke in the arena and we only smelled pot once, for a VERY brief time. Like the other poster, other concerts where lots of alcohol was consumed/sold were MUCH more boisterous/wild. There were police, security everywhere and I do mean everywhere in the arena and I would assume it was the same in Charlottesville, maybe even more so since this is a college town/campus,etc.

Thanks to all for the information, links, and speculations...

I am left with a sense of outrage at the policies of these venues to disallow an individual re-entry! Good grief-- what is their "security" for, if not to watch out for the welfare of their visitors? Only to protect the arena property? Bull pucky!!

I know these concerts are not cheap, and are well staffed! Why on earth would a visitor who's been separated from their group be abandoned right outside the doors of an organized population? How frightening...

I hope this incident prompts some changes to this kind of dangerous alienation. Morgan, and all visitors to ANY venue, deserve to be treated with humanity. I am sickened. :furious:

There's been quite a few missing persons put in a situation like that. Bars and nightclubs are famous for kicking people out and leaving them with no cellphone, wallets, car keys and coats in the dead of winter. Some have been later found dead, some frozen to death.

I just do not understand these stories sometimes...there have been SO MANY cases over the years where seemingly bright, beautiful young women just happen to walk off the face of the Earth?!? :banghead: Sometimes I just wish people would pay more attention to their surroundings--like those security guards on the Berkeley campus who wound up bringing the whole Jaycee Duggard case to light after all those years. It seems like many people these days don't know their neighbors, don't speak up about odd occurences until its too late, keep their head down etc. which at times like this must be agonizing for families liek Morgans who are searching for the slightest clue about her whereabouts and timeline...

I am hoping there's more info out there that we don't know about...but if the LE doesn't know a substantial amount more than whats being reported...not good. Someone HAD to have seen something, I just can't believe that in a crowded concert venue on a college campus on Saturday night that no one saw anything sketchy/disturbing/out of place/unusual whatever. I am way past the point of thinking that Morgan just walked off on her own accord to 'start over' somewhere and am personally leaning waaaaaaay towards criminal foul play at this point unfortunately.

Fox has reported that both aerial and ground searches for Morgan have been called off. I don't want to be naive, but ... already? I don't get it.

Twenty minutes ago, Fox said it would be discussing LE's reasoning behind this, but has not returned to the topic following several sets of commercial breaks. I'll post what's reported if they ever get back to this story.

Fox has reported that both aerial and ground searches for Morgan have been called off. I don't want to be naive, but ... already? I don't get it.

Twenty minutes ago, Fox said it would be discussing LE's reasoning behind this, but has not returned to the topic following several sets of commercial breaks. I'll post what's reported if they ever get back to this story.

Please do!

Something is not quite right with the time. We attended a 7:00 show in Charlotte, NC the very next night on the 18th. We intentionally got to our seats late as we didn't care about seeing the opening band.

Metallica came on stage about 9:10-9:15....NOT 10:15. Both of these shows are the exact shows with the only difference being the setlist. We were leaving the arena around 11:20-11:25.

You can validate what I'm saying at Metallica.com.....search tours and you will see all timeframes in pictures, videos, etc.

As for drugs, security was even banning ALL cigarette smoke in the arena and we only smelled pot once, for a VERY brief time. Like the other poster, other concerts where lots of alcohol was consumed/sold were MUCH more boisterous/wild. There were police, security everywhere and I do mean everywhere in the arena and I would assume it was the same in Charlottesville, maybe even more so since this is a college town/campus,etc.

Did Lamb of God play that night? Just curious, because they played at the Norva in Norfolk, VA on the 20th without Metallica. If LoG didn't perform in Charlotte, that would account for the earlier time for Metallica going on that night.

Oh... and HI everyone! Long time lurker, but this one is close to home, my dad lives right across the road from UVA, so it has really caught my attention.

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/10/22/metallica-fan-morgan-harrington-search-called-off/

During a press conference Oct. 21, Virginia State Police and University of Virginia Police announced the unfortunate news that, after first calling off an aerial search, they've called off the ground search for missing Metallica fan Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who was last seen wearing a Pantera shirt, a black skirt and boots at Metallica's Oct. 17 concert in Charlottesville, Va.

The things that bother all of you bother me too; and now this new thing bothers me.

Her car was left in Harrisonburg (JMU, where the friend lives.) If she said she'd "get a ride OR meet you (the friends) later after the concert" that seems odd b/c that doesn't tell the friends anything about what to do. (wait for her or go on home)

So the friends waited a "significant amount of time" then went back to JMU 60 miles away.

OK so they get there. They know they had plans for MORGAN TO BE THERE AT JMU AND SHE WASN'T; yet they still didn't contact anyone with alarm even tho they hadn't heard from her. Is that the norm for good friends? with how the kids are these days? It's been awhile since i was 20; but I cant see that being OK with me even at that age. (but I was a worrying snoozefest even as a kid so ... ) :)

odd..

Article from hometown paper...shows family photos including brother Alex, 22 and her bedroom. Describes some of her interests, interview with co-workers etc.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/223391

Thanks for that. Pantera, the Dead, Bob Marley, Bonnaroo...I have to think she smokes pot, at least infrequently. Maybe she went with some guys to get high. I would have done something like that when I was young, but I'm a guy. She may have kind of known someone she met at the concert or they may have seemed nice, at music gatherings you just assume people are cool unless they seem obviously creepy. Maybe someone offered her a beer with a date rape type drug in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero