Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, there must be something specific that leads them to believe this is possibly Morgan. Perhaps the clothing.

Too sad whoever it is.
:(
fran

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0110/699755.html

ABC 13 reporter David Tate spoke with Gil Harrington, Morgan's mother. Around 12:30 p.m., she said she was leaving Roanoke to go to Charlottesville. She was in tears. She also said she asked police not to move the body until she arrived.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Morgan's mother asked police not to move the body until she arrived? Surely, the mother and father do not plan on viewing the remains. Certainly LE can take a photo of the bracelet and maybe partially the clothing in order for the parents to make an identification. I don't think any parent would need the vision of skeletal remains to be the last memory of their deceased daughter. This is really gut wrenching.

Fox News just did a report....showing pics of Morgan....no suspects....says LE had planned on searching that area of the farm?? When?

Prayers for her family and loved ones....so sad

How do they know the remains had long hair if there was no hair on the skull??

Morgan's mother asked police not to move the body until she arrived? Surely, the mother and father do not plan on viewing the remains. Certainly LE can take a photo of the bracelet and maybe partially the clothing in order for the parents to make an identification. I don't think any parent would need the vision of skeletal remains to be the last memory of their deceased daughter. This is really gut wrenching.

i see where you're coming from, but i know i would beg to see my daughter no matter what condition she was in...just to be able to say goodbye. that's just me. i do think that the police usually won't let that happen though right? if there's another way to identify her, they would try to do that. Morgan or not, it someone's baby and this is terribly sad...love to her family...

I would venture to say LE is most likely 99.9% sure it's Morgan. There's no way on earth they would put her family through this if they thought is was someone else.

This is heartbreaking.

:(
fran

i dont know but it seems like they must have found some clothing or some sort of identifying thing around the body to jump to this conclusion this quickly.

Some people would rather see, and know.

I think I would. However bad it is, my imagination is capable of producing far worse.

Why did they plan on searching that particular area?

Anyone know?

When I read that Morgan's mother asked LE not to take the body away til she got there.
I was so sad for her. Please don't let her last memory of her beautiful baby be this one.
I understand as a mother that would be sacred ground to her.
I'm sure the farmer will keep it sacred for her.
He said he rarely uses that piece, God Bless the family!!!

msnbc is going to have a live scene report at 2 minutes before the hour according to the NBC 29 site

the same twitter site states that parents may decide to go to another site to do the ID

The man who found the remains says it would be nearly impossible to access by a car....

The remains were found a mile and a half from the roadway? I'm wondering if this is where the woman was killed. It would be extremely difficult to carry a dead body that far.

Harrington was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with &#8220;Pantera&#8221; on the front, a black mini-skirt, black tights and boots, this according to the very first post here.

This is terrible news, but would give closure at the same time. I've been up and down Route 29 to Charlottesville over a half dozen times over the last 3 months. Can't believe she was that close by.

The last time I was up there was a little over a week ago on a Saturday for a UVA basketball game. As I crossed the bridge leading to the sports complex I noticed there looked like fresh flowers and banners on the bridge. I stopped and took a picture and then when I started driving noticed Mr. and Mrs. Harrington carrying a box and were about to cross the street to go back to their car.

Do you think the presser at 5 will live somewhere online aswell

Why is MSNBC playing the youtube video that we know isn't Morgan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME