Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the area had over 2 feet of snow in places, here in Northern Va the last of it just finished melting (it stayed around for a while).

Here's an aerial of the area. I can't do much better than this because it's a rural area where no "birdseye" view is available. Looks like three or four houses on what appears to be a private road? North is to your left. I had to skew it to get the entire street on the screen.

Harrington.jpg

I am just filled with dread and sorrow for Morgan's parents and friends.

I know some people may find it unreal for the Harrington's to want to go to the scene, but if it were my daughter, I would go also. I would just have to. Morgan's Mother asked the police to not move the body before she got there from what I read in one article, IIRC. I would think that it was the parents choice to go to the scene because I seriously doubt LE would ask them to go there. Just my opinion.

If the body had the black Pantera top on as well as a bracelet like Morgan wore, then surely it is Morgan.

May GB the Harringtons and give them strength.

I just heard on FoxNews about her family being contacted. So so so sad :(

When I read that Morgan's mother asked LE not to take the body away til she got there.
I was so sad for her. Please don't let her last memory of her beautiful baby be this one.
I understand as a mother that would be sacred ground to her.
I'm sure the farmer will keep it sacred for her.
He said he rarely uses that piece, God Bless the family!!!

BBM Cannot help but feel that the loving, compassionate spirits of 1000's of people are with her..... and she will look down at her baby and see nothing but her beautiful child in glorious light....one ugly person cannot take away the beauty of love and the goodness of man....

Here's an aerial of the area.

Back on post #450 http://tinyurl.com/yhcdq5n there is a note that one could access the "Back 40" of the farm via Blandemar (Road?). I found it on Google Earth and Anchorage Farm Road (in Samuel Miller, Virginia), but from my lack of knowledge, can't get them to meet and see how one could get access. Can you help? Thanks!

UPDATE: Harrington’s parents arrive in Charlottesville
Published: January 26, 2010
Updated: January 26, 2010

The parents of Morgan D. Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student missing since October, are in Charlottesville after skeletal remains were found this morning at a farm off U.S. 29 south of Charlottesville.

Monica Caison, of the CUE Center for Missing Persons in North Carolina, said police notified the Harringtons of the discovery, and the Roanoke couple headed to the area from Roanoke.

CUE was slated to start searching for Harrington, having been asked to assist in the case by her parents.

A resident of Anchorage Farms, a 700-plus-acre tract of pasture and woods about fives miles south of Interstate 64 on the west side of U.S. 29, notified Albemarle County police this morning that he had found skeletal remains. County police later notified the Virginia State Police and turned the investigation over to the detectives heading the Harrington investigation

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/n...ale_remains_found_in_albemarle_county/320200/

I don't think the two roads connect. I think they mean that if you go in on Blandemar Road, you can get to the back of the property.

I'm wondering about that building (top left of Shutterfly's post) that appears to be a big house on top of a remote hill.

He said the area would be next to impossible to access from a road, since it's at least a mile and a half from the roadway.

How did the perp get her back there? Tractor?

Perhaps the ground conditions were different then. If I am not mistaken there are several secondary roads closed in that area due to high water. The ground is also saturated now making travel difficult.

My heart goes out to the family of this young girl. I do not think that LE would be bringing the Harrington's to the site unless they had very good reason to believe that the body is that of their daughter.

I don't think the two roads connect. I think they mean that if you go in on Blandemar Road, you can get to the back of the property.

I'm wondering about that building (top left of Shutterfly's post) that appears to be a big house on top of a remote hill.

On one of the news reports, the reporter said that is the owners house.

January 26, 2010 3:20 PM
Morgan Harrington Found? Remains Located On Virginia Farm (PHOTOS)

Snipped >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Gil Harrington, Morgan's mother, told CBS 19 by phone that the remains found "probably are Morgan's."

"We don't think it's been proved definitively yet, but it's most likely," she said. "So, we want to go and be on hand and see if that determination can be made. Or if we can help in making that determination."

Gil Harrington said she wanted to thank people for all their prayers and the efforts to find Morgan.

"I was hoping we would find her alive, but at least we won't always be wondering for a lifetime," she said.

"We're still kind of processing, trying to, although all this time, we've been trying to prepare ourselves for this endpoint," Gil Harrington said.

"But thinking you're doing it and having done it are different. So we're trying to figure to how to be a tripod now instead of a four-legged strong table that we have been [as a family]. We haven't done it. We'll figure it out, but we haven't done it yet."

CBS19 crews at Anchorage Farm have confirmed that Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney Denise Lunsford has arrived at the scene, as well as Lt. Joe Rader of the Virginia State Police. Lt. Rader is the lead investigator in the Morgan Harrington disappearance case

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/26/crimesider/entry6143771.shtml

Perhaps the ground conditions were different then. If I am not mistaken there are several secondary roads closed in that area due to high water. The ground is also saturated now making travel difficult.

My heart goes out to the family of this young girl. I do not think that LE would be bringing the Harrington's to the site unless they had very good reason to believe that the body is that of their daughter.

Thanks Shadow, that makes sense.

I believe you are referencing the VCU student who disappeared and whose body was found in Essex Co, VA.

actually, she was found in Mathews County.. our first dead body in 10 years... was the case that first brought me to WS

I know about 10 years ago, there was a serial killer in this area. Route 29 serial killer I believe they called him and I don't recall him ever being caught.

On one of the news reports, the reporter said that is the owners house.

I thought the one they were identifying as the owner's house was not far off Route 29? The one I mean probably isn't visible from the road.

Looking at google map it's so close maybe 4-5 mi. from her last sighting. What's strange is it's a perferct spot secluded by tree's not far from the road. You would have to be familiar with the area to get back there without extreme difficulty. The dirt roads end giving way to a pasture and woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214