Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the location on the property where her body was found is 1.5 miles from the road....How did she get there? Would someone with a 4x4 vehicle be able to drive through the fields without the farm owner knowing? She surely couldn't have been carried that far...

HLN has it on now. Nothing new but will cover presser at top of the hour. 150,000 reward for her killer. Presser in half an hour. JVM will have it on her show also.

I am just filled with dread and sorrow for Morgan's parents and friends.

I know some people may find it unreal for the Harrington's to want to go to the scene, but if it were my daughter, I would go also. I would just have to. Morgan's Mother asked the police to not move the body before she got there from what I read in one article, IIRC. I would think that it was the parents choice to go to the scene because I seriously doubt LE would ask them to go there. Just my opinion.

If the body had the black Pantera top on as well as a bracelet like Morgan wore, then surely it is Morgan.

May GB the Harringtons and give them strength.

Well, when I first read that Morgan's mother had ask LE to wait to move the body until she got there I felt really bad that the parents would view a decomposing body and that would be the last sight of their beloved daughter. But, I would immediately go to the area too if if were my daughter and would want to be as close as possible to her. It is a horror any way you see it. The bracelet, clothing and hair should be sufficient for an initial ID. My heart hurts for them.

My father lives about 4 miles from there & he has had a bunch of snow. The body was probably pretty well preserved.

I live about a half hour from the area. Our snow, from the big storm before Christmas, just melted this past weekend from all the rain we had.

I hope the elements were able to preserve any dna which might have been left on her.

My thoughts and prayers to her family.

MORGAN-HARRINGTON-MISSING-morgan-harrington-missing-252x3001.png

Pulling the name of the property owner from news articles, here is the location of the property on which the body was located. It's a 541 acre parcel according to Albemarle County GIS.

Harrington1.jpg

Here's a closer view

Harrington2.jpg

http://www.albemarle.org/

This may have already been asked, but how far is the farm from the stadium?

My prayers are with her family now...I sincerely hope it is Morgan. I'm pretty sure if LE didn't think it was her they'd not let the Harringtons near the area.

I concur, if it was my daughter, alive or dead, I'd want to be as close to her as possible.

Thank heavens that farmer happened to be there doing a check of the cows and land. If it had been later into spring, or later in the year there might be no evidence. Sometimes, though it sounds odd, I feel that people are guided to an area...perhaps in this case.

If the location on the property where her body was found is 1.5 miles from the road....How did she get there? Would someone with a 4x4 vehicle be able to drive through the fields without the farm owner knowing? She surely couldn't have been carried that far...

This farm is pretty big (700 acres), so I imagine there are lots of places that are not seen very often by anyone but animals. I suppose anyone could have driven into the remote parts and not have gained the notice of the property owner :(

“I was on my tractor feeding cows on a remote part of the farm I don’t normally go to,” says the man who actually found the body, Dave Bass. But after all the rain and high winds in recent days, he went out Tuesday morning to check his fences and spotted what he initially thought might be a deer. “It’s a shock,” says Bass."

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/26/tragic-tale-body-of-woman-found-at-farm/

I noticed while driving in the area today that there are a lot of downed trees from the storm. Who knows how long the body would have gone unnoticed between the long lasting snow we've had and isolated location without storm damage....

Weirdly enough I ended up driving on the Copley Bridge for the very first time this afternoon, saw the memorial area dedicated to Morgan, and had renewed hope that this would have a happy ending. :(

About 15 mins until the presser ...

When the news conference comes up, would someone be kind enough to give us a play by play? I'm a little "sound challenged" and can see it but not hear it. My sound card blew out when my motherboard overheated and I still haven't gotten around to fixing it. TIA.

Does anyone know where the presser will be carried live (either channels, or websites)? Thanks!

I was reading on AOL and came across the story that Morgan had possibly been found, my prayers and sympathy is with her faimly, no parent should have to go through this, but hopefully her being found will bring some closure, Ive been following this thread since she went missing bless her soul, may she RIP

For those like me watching TV also, HLN will be covering Morgan after the break. Or so it was just announced.

LE are not going to let them go to the crime scene, at least right up to it, and they are going to encourage them to not see the body at all. That is just to much for any parent to take, they are going to be expecting to see their daughter and with the decomposition she is not there anymore. I think LE just want them to identify jewelry or clothing maybe her purse.

Love, prays and a heavy heart goes out to the family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat