Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when I first read that Morgan's mother had ask LE to wait to move the body until she got there I felt really bad that the parents would view a decomposing body and that would be the last sight of their beloved daughter. But, I would immediately go to the area too if if were my daughter and would want to be as close as possible to her. It is a horror any way you see it. The bracelet, clothing and hair should be sufficient for an initial ID. My heart hurts for them.

They will not let her see her body. not yet. I think its a local, who would know the road, that area? JMO

For those like me watching TV also, HLN will be covering Morgan after the break. Or so it was just announced.

Yes thanx. They are showing it every 20 minutes...

If confirmed this is so sad. 10 miles away from the concert location. God bless the family.

There HAS to be better deterrents and punishments for these crimes, such as DP executed within 3-5 years if convicted. We need to catch these perps and remove them from society.

Going in livingroom to listen to Press conference. My prayers are with Morgan's family. If it isn't Morgan then with this young lady's family too.

My heart aches for Dr. and Mrs. Harrington and Alex. What a sad day for them. I pray God gives them the strength needed to endure the coming days.

You're coming home sweet angel. Where ever you are on the other side, reach out and give peace to your dear Mom, Dad, and Alex. If you can, lead LE to the *advertiser censored* who did this to you.

Peace and love dear Morgan.

Farmer said the body is in a not accesable place. Truck wouldn't go there but his tractor did. Presser starting.....

From press conference

Very remote location, no public access

Won't say with 100% certainty identity until after autopsy...but items make them confident it is Morgan

Presser Recap

- 9:53am this morning Virginia State Police notified of remains found on a 700 acre farm while operating a tractor.

- The location has no public access. Very remote/large location.

- LE has been on the scene all day.

- "Based on the evidence we've recovered, we're fairly confident the remains are of Morgan Dana Harrington" says police chief.

- Autopsy is underway.

- Can't release the evidence that leads them to that conclusion.

- Asking public to please come forward with any information.

- Had over 600 tips since Morgan first went missing.

- Area where remains were found hasn't been previously searched.

- The hayfield (where remains were discovered) had last been cut in August. Since October, when Morgan disappeared, the hayfield would've been up to your waist. It has also since snowed several times.

- Parents are in Charlottesville and have been notified. They're "reacting as parents would react".

Based on the evidence found the are confident this is Morgan...
Remains being transported for autopsy .. final confirmation after the results are back..

Body just found on farm: Is it missing co-ed beauty Morgan Harrington?

Police just confirm a body has been found on a remote farm --partial skeletal remains, reportedly with long, blonde hair. Police, forensic teams set to swarm the area and evaluate the potential crime scene. Nancy Grace has all the latest breaking details tonight at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN.

"Snip" http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Before the conference began, the local Ch. 29 reporter said her body was not accessible by car at all...only tractor or 4-wheel drive.

From press conference:

Field was not previously searched, no prior reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members