Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely got the feeling that they know who did it and are just waiting for autopsy, forensics etc. to give them confirmation.

Prayers for Morgan and her family.

While I know this is not the outcome the family was hoping for, at least they have a definitive answer about what happened to her. Sometimes I think it is harder to NOT know, than to know.

How long ago did snow there melt? I imagine winter snows preserved some tissue...

The one thing that makes me think it wasn't somebody who spends a lot of time in that area is that it doesn't seem like the remains were concealed. If it were somebody who spends a lot of time in the area you'd think that he would have gone back and buried the body. I wonder if Morgan was forced to walk up that hill and killed at that spot then the perp left in a panic. Or if she were dumped there by a few males who carried her up the hill then they left in a panic and never returned.

Local posters on Find Morgan speculated that if she had been buried in a shallow grave, recent heavy rains might have uncovered the remains.

I wonder when they will release the cause of death for poor Morgan?

How long ago did snow there melt? I imagine winter snows preserved some tissue...

IIRC, local posters on Find Morgan said that the snow had melted very recently, partially due to the heavy rain.

Watching HLN. Guest on the news show said they will be going over the area where her body was found with a fine-tooth comb.

I truly hope they find the evidence to arrest the perp or perps soon.

Wow then it is differently someone that knows the area pretty well.

Definitely got the feeling that they know who did it and are just waiting for autopsy, forensics etc. to give them confirmation.

Gotta say that I got the same vibe - that it must be somebody that knows the area, maybe knows that she wouldn't be found easily, if ever - perhaps someone that grew up in the area.

I know that others here have followed Morgan's case closer than I but I always wondered if when she got locked out she happened to meet up with some people that she knew vaguely from school. Maybe knew them by a name, a class, had seem them around. Perhaps her guard was down because of this, and she was willing to accept a ride. Unfortunately whoever gave her that ride obviously had other intentions...which is why her personal items were found later. I'm sure the autopsy will tell us more...sadly.

Bless the Harringtons at this time.

I just heard Morgan was found.This is so sad and I know they'll scour that area thoroughly.Where was she found,I hadn't read back?

"Rest In Peace Morgan!"

"My Heart & Prayers Go Out To All Of Her Loved Ones!" :prayer:

7119.gif

MORGAN-HARRINGTON-MISSING-morgan-harrington-missing-252x3001.png

:angel:​

It was off 29,everyone in Va knows about the 29 stalker,I guess a person knowing the area and all the info on a stalker used that for the location to bury her.It could have been anyone at that concert or parties in the area.

I'm just so sad for the loss of such a beautiful girl and so sorry for her family,it's a very sad day.I can't imagine.

Letter from Virginia Tech’s President on Morgan Harrington
Published: January 26, 2010
<snipped>
Below is an open letter from Virginia Tech President Charles W. Steger regarding the loss of Morgan Harrington:

To the university community,

For more than three months, the entire Virginia Tech community, along with thousands upon thousands around the world, has held out hope for the safe return of Morgan Harrington. Sadly, today&#8217;s news from Albemarle County has put an end to that hope, and once again, we find our strength and resilience tested in the face of profound grief and loss.

Amidst this overwhelming sadness, perhaps the most important work we can do is to turn our efforts toward the support of Morgan&#8217;s family, her friends, and those in our community who may well struggle to cope with this terrible tragedy.

There can be little doubt that many here and elsewhere will be deeply affected by today&#8217;s sad news, and, as we have done in the past, I am confident that we will be sensitive and aware of both our own needs, and those of our colleagues and fellow students around us. Please turn to others and seek help if at all necessary, and encourage others to do likewise. Those who seek solace or desire counseling support may contact:

Cook Counseling Center

Article:
http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...a_techs_president_on_morgan_harrington/77180/

:angel:

This makes me cry..and just keep asking why?????Oh this is so close to where I live. I haven't felt safe here since Alisa Showwalter.
I'm so sickened by this.What are we going to do to protect ourselves?

I know I feel the same way. Such sadness.

Since you live in the area, do people have horses there. With the hay so high a car might be difficult, I know a truck would have no problem but im just wondering about horses? Do people hunt in the area? TIA

Maybe an ATV or even the back of a motorbike?

Maybe an ATV or even the back of a motorbike?

When I went to visit my gf in TN she started getting ready for night time because it got so dark there. She had asked me to go into the barn to get something and her 9yo daughter came with me. We had flash lights but it was so dark. This murderer had to have brought her there during early morning I would think. Cannot do that in the dark, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro