Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been his most important point:

Person inclined to return during high stress situation.

This is where people in or near the farm, or those who frequent that area, may have seen someone there, perhaps returning during searches and after her body was found.

Exactly, and who would have had a reason or excuse to be there if seen returning? I think they believe this person has been back since he put her there.

Maybe LE would like people in the area to be observant in case the perp returns to the scene.

This may have been his most important point:

Person inclined to return during high stress situation.

This is where people in or near the farm, or those who frequent that area, may have seen someone there, perhaps returning during searches and after her body was found.

ITA; it was stressed in the presser that the perp chose this particular spot during a time of extreme stress (disposing of his/her murder victim expediently). It was inferred that it should be a massive hint to someone in the community that during a time of extreme stress, that which most would consider obstacles to be traversed to reach this spot weren't in the least a deterrent to the perp.

ITA; it was stressed in the presser that the perp chose this particular spot during a time of extreme stress (disposing of his/her murder victim expediently). It was inferred that it should be a massive hint to someone in the community that during a time of extreme stress, that which most would consider obstacles to be traversed to reach this spot weren't in the least a deterrent to the perp.

You are correct. He wasn't talking about returning to the scene.

I have a question..... besides the adult daughter who lives in a house on the farm, has it at any point been mentioned if the farm owner has any other children, grown or otherwise? Has it specifically been mentioned that he has no other children?

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the killer is the same person that poaches on the property. If he also has killed the deer in the same area and left the carcasses? If he wanted to go back to the property (check the scene) with his hunting gear, it would be easy and no one would think anything of it...

Yeah, this person perceives this spot as a safe place.

This is just a thought -- there was a guy in our area who abducted and strangled several prostitutes and left their bodies in what seemed to be very odd places. But police believe the murderer is a guy who had grown up on the farm where two of the bodies were found, and used to bicycle to school down the road where another woman was dumped. (And incidentally was probably only about 14 when the first murder took place.) So maybe somebody who grew up in one of those farmhouses? Possibly even before Mr. Bass bought the place.

I have a question..... besides the adult daughter who lives in a house on the farm, has it at any point been mentioned if the farm owner has any other children, grown or otherwise? Has it specifically been mentioned that he has no other children?

Thanks.

or if any foster children lived on or near the farm at some time. He really touched on the history of Anchorage Farm without pointing out what specific events.

The reason I bring this up is because my parents had a farm and would allow teenagers to come help from a local orthanage to give them part-time employment.

Exactly, and who would have had a reason or excuse to be there if seen returning? I think they believe this person has been back since he put her there.

I do too. On the findmorgan site, Dr. Harrington stated he believed the killer had even assisted in the search. That just sent chills down my spine.

Yeah, this person perceives this spot as a safe place.

This is just a thought -- there was a guy in our area who abducted and strangled several prostitutes and left their bodies in what seemed to be very odd places. But police believe the murderer is a guy who had grown up on the farm where two of the bodies were found, and used to bicycle to school down the road where another woman was dumped. (And incidentally was probably only about 14 when the first murder took place.) So maybe somebody who grew up in one of those farmhouses? Possibly even before Mr. Bass bought the place.

Rader alluded to that, too.

I took it that he meant both; that in the stress of the moment when she was killed, and that he could have returned afterward. (he specifically mentioned he wanted people to think of not only the night of the abduction, but before and since, too)

Reading something and came across something that made my heart get caught in my throat. See what you guys think...paragraph on pg 6. A name jumped out at me.

http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/registers/Counties/Albemarle/002-0734_Anchorage_2001_Final_NR.pdf

I know, but from page 12 (of the pdf):

Historical Background
The land that eventually became The Anchorage was originally a portion of the North Garden section of Albemarle County patented in 1738 by Robert Lewis. His son, Colonel Robert Lewis, was a successful businessman in western Albemarle and the grandfather of Meriwether Lewis, the famed
explorer. The second Robert Lewis sold property including what is now The Anchorage to his cousin Charles Lewis, Jr., who, in turn, gave it to his son Isham Lewis. Isham left all of his land in North Garden to his nephew, Charles Lewis Thomas. In 1826 Charles Lewis Thomas's estate was settled
and his daughter, Mary Walker (Thomas) Clayton, inherited 180 acres "on which the dwelling house is situated." In the same year Mary and her husband Alexander M. Clayton sold the property to Howell Lewis. In 1846 Lewis's sons sold the property ("being the same on which the late Howell
Lewis in his lifetime resided") to S. Shepherd Moore. In 1850, Elisha Thurman bought the property and sold it to John White in 1852. John White's descendants owned The Anchorage for the next 13 years.

John White (1797--1877) married Caroline Moore and lived at the Quarter Place, which had originally been purchased by his father in 1816. He later lived at Linden. "Although he inherited several thousand acres of land from his father, he bought a great deal of land and property and at his death in 1877, he owned approximately seven thousand acres. He left each of his six children large estates, which included Linden, The Anchorage, Quarter Place, Pagebrook, and Lewis Level." (Williams)

It is unclear whether John White built the original house at The Anchorage, or whether it was standing at the time of his acquisition of the property. The property transfers discussed above clearly indicate that there was a dwelling there in 1826 and in 1846. It would seem likely from the American bond
brickwork that the original hall-parlor house was built between those two dates by Howell Lewis. The more difficult question is who was responsible for the mid-19"-century additions and alterations. They may have been begun by John White and finished by his son John Stephen White. Or they may
have all been undertaken by John Stephen White (1832-1888) the fifth child of John and Caroline White.

At the age of 26, he married Martha Overton Moon, the daughter of a neighbor, Samuel Overton Moon, reported to have been the wealthiest man in Albemarle County in 1870. Samuel 0 .Moon lived in Westbury, a late federal-period house in Batesville only a few miles from The Anchorage. This house "was expanded before mid century to include another two-story brick unit, and the entire house was Victorianized after the Civil War."(Lay) The two-level porch on the front of Westbury has the same unusual octagonal columns with bracket caps as are found at The Anchorage. So there are architectural as well as family ties between the two houses. More research is needed to identify the talented craftsman who certainly worked on both houses and probably others in Batesville and elsewhere in the region. In any case, one or both of the John Whites transformed The Anchorage into the amusing Victorian confection that it is today.

WOW! Ding, ding, ding, ding...I think you found the perp, Soy! My guess is LE is honing in on EH and the pressor was simply to gather more statements for their case. I sure hope so.

I can't take credit for finding it, someone on another forum posted the link. Thanks though!
Family ties to land= right to hunt on it?=family knows land well.

Ok...
does anyone know if Morgan had been tweeting anyone that day?
Perhaps someone who wanted to meet her there?
The person knew to throw her phone out wouldn't there be fingerprints?
I thought her pals had her phone?
No they had her car keys...
maybe she has a stalker on MYSPACE or FACEBOOK?
maybe it is someone who planned to meet her there?
Some people do nmot get tickets, but hang and drink in parking lots looking for trouble..
since NCOD [ No Cause Of Death] has been released
we assume perhaps she was strangled?
Dunno ?
Maybe shot since he mentioned "hunters"
like Lt. Joe Rader says"
"Somebody knows something"

How can we every fully sleuth this if LE/family & friends don't confirm if alcohol and/or drugs were/were not a regular part of her leisure time and partaken of prior to concert, or if there's no explanation why a nice girl and her nice BFs wouldn't pair up on trips to the bathroom or as to why nice, devoted BFs would readily accept Morgan's assurance from OUTSIDE that she DID NOT HAVE but could get a ride home, no explanation for not checking immediately after the concert or even the next day that she did indeed make it home. Finally: what a phenomenally tragic coincidence that Morgan accidentally ends up outside the arena, in a poor state of mind, a short while before a murderer, possibly a sexual predator, woodlands triathlete arrives on the scene.

page 6 - "with the L, H and
W families"

I don't think they would use the last names (page 12) of the L & W families and the first name in the H family. That doesn't make any sense at all, Calliope.

The detective said something to the effect that he didn't care if this person had been out of the UVA area for 5 years and recently came back. Wasn't EH incarcerated for 4 years for his juvey (16 y/o) conviction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member