Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they have a POI in mind yet? Thanks for the info on the presser, GS.

it sounds to me like LE is just trying to keep the public satisfied which i understand.its a hihg profile case and they are under pressure.

I had hoped for a live feed like in CA's case always a live feed...:sick:

The Virginia State Police will provide an investigative update concerning the death of Morgan Harrington today (Feb. 4, 2010) in Charlottesville. The press conference will take place at the Virginia State Police Area Office in the Fontaine Research Park in Charlottesville at 3 p.m. Please note that no arrest has been made at this stage of the ongoing investigation. Information released in this press conference will focus on the specific nature of the location where Morgan's remains were found the morning of Jan. 26, 2010.

Lt. Joe Rader, supervisor for the General Investigations Section of the Appomattox Field Office of the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation, will be speaking.

A press release will be sent out via e-mail recapping Lt. Rader's remarks following the press event for the benefit of those unable to attend.

What: Investigative Update on Morgan Harrington Case

When: Today – Thursday – at 3 p.m.

Where: VSP Area 18 Office in Charlottesville at 900 Natural Resources Drive, Suite 200, in the Fontaine Research Park off of Route 29.

Who: Lt. Joe Rader, VSP Appomattox Field Office Bureau of Criminal Investigation

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11933241

Someone called news 29 from the findmorgan board and they said they will be live streaming.

Not sure where it will be on the site but they said they'd have it.

38.045002,-78.514173
38.045203,-78.514809 and 38.046089,-78.514901

Looking back at old posts someone wrote "I wish they would look in this area with dogs...38.045002,-78.514173
38.045203,-78.514809 and 38.046089,-78.514901

I know it is longitude and latitude but I don't know the correct formula to allow google maps to know where it is ...can someone help???
Still working on links about the car
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=68876

Morgan went missing shortly after she left a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones arena at the University of Virginia on Oct. 17, 2009. She and a friend had left Virginia Tech to pick up another friend at James Madison before heading to the concert.

On October 17, 2009, Morgan Harrington and a friend drove from Virginia Tech to James Madison University, where they picked up a third friend.

From James Madison University, Morgan and her two friends drove to the University of Virginia, where they planned to attend a Metallica concer
t.

But once inside the John Paul Jones Arena where the venue was held, Morgan lost touch with her friends.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Pri...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

Dan Harrington’s summary:
http://www.examiner.com/x-30376-Priv...Virginia-woman

At noon on October 17, 2009 Morgan and her roommate, Amy, left Roanoke in her 2006 Honda to travel 90 minutes north on I-81 to James Madison University (JMU). At JMU, Morgan and Amy met up with Sarah and Dan (a friend’s BF) to travel 60 minutes east to Charlottesville, Va. Dan was the designated driver of Morgan’s vehicle.
The group arrived in Charlottesville at 6:00 pm where they were to attend the Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

GourmetSoy, is that 3pm Eastern time? TIA

I'm assuming so, she didn't say exactly. She did say she's on her way to c-ville to cover it though. I'll see what else I can find and where to see it etc. and post when I find something.

I assume so as well, but how I wish anything press/news-related was a little more global minded, especially in regards to time. It's the world we live in now and for many years to come: traveling internationally most days as we do on the www.

i thought the last time she was seen was on the bridge?

Copeley Bridge extends almost all the way to the Copeley/Ivy intersection, but I've long thought it would make more sense if she ended up getting into a car that was driving West on Ivy (or had pulled into Lannigan Field from Copeley) than one that had stopped on the bridge itself (i.e., that she made it to the corner). Whether she had her purse with her then or not has never been clarified.

It really ticks me of when the HLN people start talking during a live presser and you cant HEAR IT!

Can someone recap the presser? I'm at work and unable to watch it! TIA!

I think what I got from the presser is that this person was someone who was used to getting to that area unseen...aka a hunter...whether legally or illegally. I'm leaning towards someone who did not have permission to hunt that land because they would be extra careful to not be seen and even more skilled to get around those "obstacles". Only other option for me is a hired hand that has worked back in that area before. Still leaning toward a hunter.

Presser:
New phone number for tips specific to tips having to do with the area around Anchorage Farm.

I wish I would have had my decoder ring on before I started watching this PC. It seems like he is speaking in code at times. It's almost like he is wanting a certain someone to come forward OR they already have a POI & they are hoping someone will come forward seeing them on that farm.

I wish I would have had my decoder ring on before I started watching this PC. It seems like he is speaking in code at times. It's almost like he is wanting a certain someone to come forward OR they already have a POI & they are hoping someone will come forward seeing them on that farm.

I felt that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member