Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else get the feeling that law enforcement cleared "E", and are moving on?

Pure speculation on my part.

i don't have the decoder ring, but i do genealogy. there is only so much you can
find on people living though. it would be more property tax records if that area is online for query, if they own property, verses renting...
bluestarzzz

Very very true.
I have to say DUH to myself about that one :doh:

:)
-Liv

Ah, Photo L, don't be too hard on yourself. I looked for a couple of days myself before I had my epiphony. LOL :crazy:

Anybody else get the feeling that law enforcement cleared "E", and are moving on?

Not yet, but tomorrow may bring me to a whole different spot. Everything seems to match up to perfectly for EH being the perp. My only reservation is the old cliche, "When everything seems too perfect, it's probably not!" or some such.

its obvious they want anoy.info.they dont want to go out there door to door and get into the you squealed on me scenario.

page 6 - "with the L, H and
W families"

I don't think they would use the last names (page 12) of the L & W families and the first name in the H family. That doesn't make any sense at all, Calliope.

It doesn't make sense but that's what it says. And then the W family was there for 150 years after that.

Or possibly the mother of this HL was a Howell. Very common to give a child the mother's maiden name as a given name.

My mother is into geneology BIG TIME and I ran this past her. She said your are absolutely correct.

its obvious they want anoy.info.they dont want to go out there door to door and get into the you squealed on me scenario.

Especially if they have all been neighbors and/or related...and want to maintain a similance of privacy. Nobody living out in the country wants anyone digging into their family drama. At least I know my country folk don't.

I totally agree.

It was also interesting how Rader kept referring to Morgan's "tragedy." Never "murder" or "homicide."

Sounds like they are trying to psychologically soothe a possible relative/friend of the POI who may have info so they'll come forward.

Almost to give the relative/friend a subconcious sense that it (Morgan's murder) wasn't deliberate and making them more likely to come forward about their brother/father/husband/boyfriend/buddy.

Rader had a great point about how difficult the location was to access.

I got that he meant that only someone VERY familiar and comfortable with that location would bring a body there or commit the murder there given the high stress of the violent situation.

I bet LE has nearby evidence of parties or hunting spots (food wrappers, beer bottles, etc). Someone or groups of people have spent a LOT of time near where her body was found and they want someone in one of those groups to come foward.

It sends a subtle message to the killer, too.

It doesn't make sense but that's what it says. And then the W family was there for 150 years after that.

Calliope, when I made my post I had only read page 6 that Soy mention and then page 12 that you brought to light.

After you posted, I read the entire document. Thank you for bringing me up to speed. You were so correct about the name. It is a bit confusing.

I get the vibe that they have the POI, just need some more evidence or they're smoking him out. Yeah I know that's general and rather obvious but I don't think it is anymore complex than that, we all kinda know it is a local, LE is just driving the point home to get the locals to take another look at the folks they know.

Can we safely rule out the POI being someone known Morgan or is there a twist to this?

I would think they'd have interviewed any SOs who lived or worked in the area where she disappeared, any convicted of abduction or assault of someone not known to them, and any connected to or near where she was found.

Can we safely rule out the POI being someone known Morgan or is there a twist to this?

I don't know that Morgan did or didn't know EH. But, with that being said, I can totally see how Morgan (in her reported condition) would trust a good looking man who was her same age to get her from point A to point B.

As a girl who used to be 20 and having a beautiful blonde haired college daughter who used to be 20...Morgan accepting a ride from stranger EH wouldn't surprise me at all. Not that I'm proud to admit it.

The fact that nothing new was released from the ME makes me worry if there is enough evidence and they have very little to go on...and didn't really want the perp to get any satisfaction in hearing that ..(CA,JB,CA,GA)

I would think they'd have interviewed any SOs who lived or worked in the area where she disappeared, any convicted of abduction or assault of someone not known to them, and any connected to or near where she was found.

I agree. However, if you watch Cold case files, forensic files, etc...there are hundreds of cases where LE knows/suspects the guilty party, but the evidence just takes time to develop. Happens on a daily basis.

Nostone...the detective at the pressor, today, stated infatically that his department never releases the cause of death. It is a great interatgation tool. Besides, my brother was a PO for 10 years before getting his law degree. He told me, you wouldn't even believe the nut cases that come out of the woodwork admitting to all sorts of things they didn't do when a case is in the media spotlight.

I get the vibe that they have the POI, just need some more evidence or they're smoking him out. Yeah I know that's general and rather obvious but I don't think it is anymore complex than that, we all kinda know it is a local, LE is just driving the point home to get the locals to take another look at the folks they know.

I never put much stock in the sighting of her hitchhiking on the bridge. That just doesn't make sense at all, especially given her purse found back at the venue. And the whole story with the friends is just hinky. They had her car keys; if they didn't want to leave the arena why not just bring her the keys so she'd at least have somewhere to sit and wait out of the cold?

I'm wondering if she met someone from Roanoke or connected to VT in some way (student or employee). Possibly someone she'd seen around school, but didn't necessarily know. Someone she'd initially feel safe in accepting a ride.

Does anyone know if Morgan talked about going to the concert on her facebook or myspace (or whatever)? I can't imagine her not doing so, if it's true she was so excited about this concert.

I don't know whether Morgan knew her killer but I think her killer knew her, had been stalking her for at least the length of the concert and probably longer. Her behavior is just too consistent with somebody who has been slipped GBH or a roofie.

I think the reason the friends weren't more worried about her is that they thought they knew who she was with and it's somebody they all trusted.

And I think they didn't give her the keys because she was drunk and/or high and they didn't want to take a chance on her driving in that condition. There are a lot more drunk driving accidents than serial killers in the world.

The fact that nothing new was released from the ME makes me worry if there is enough evidence and they have very little to go on...and didn't really want the perp to get any satisfaction in hearing that ..(CA,JB,CA,GA)

Could be they're playing a mind game with the killer, making him think they've got more evidence than they actually do. But I believe they found evidence of someone other than Morgan in that field.

I don't know whether Morgan knew her killer but I think her killer knew her, had been stalking her for at least the length of the concert and probably longer. Her behavior is just too consistent with somebody who has been slipped GBH or a roofie.

I think the reason the friends weren't more worried about her is that they thought they knew who she was with and it's somebody they all trusted.

And I think they didn't give her the keys because she was drunk and/or high and they didn't want to take a chance on her driving in that condition. There are a lot more drunk driving accidents than serial killers in the world.

I do too, and my own suspicion is they are connected to tech in some way. But in any case, that's why I was wondering if she'd been online talking about the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber