Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone please post a link to the video of the band playing at Anchorage Farm? I'm just not that familiar with the other website and would appreciate a titch of help!

I don't think the killer or killers came through Mr. Bass' front property. There was no need since they were planning on putting her on the very backside of his property imo. I believe they accessed his property from the Blandemar Farm Subdivision side which made them only have to go a 100 feet into Mr. Bass' land,

I have seen enlarged google maps and it shows a direct path where tire tracks can been seen leading from an unoccupied home on the Blandemar side and the tracks lead directly toward where Morgan was found. Now the map isnt time sensitive but it does show that someone was going up and down that beatened path with a vehicle or may 4-wheeler before Morgan went missing. So someone has to know about that particular area and who frequents there but whether they will tell LE who has used this path,I am not certain.

imo

Except during the presser it was all about Anchorage Farm, and it's history, and those who knew it well. I think the back way via Blandemar Farm is a shorter, straighter shot, but harder to navigate due to fences etc. I'm not sure, but I think.
Also I think that's a barn not an unoccupied house, if you're talking the rectangle green building. I thought the Blandemar Farm entrance would make most sense too, but during the presser it seems the authorities are focusing on Anchorage Farm.

The terrain for Google Maps shows a creek that runs from The Blandamar Farm pond to the creek beside the discovery site. Was there a huge amount of run-off between Oct 17 and the end of January? Enough to take her from that pond to that field? Maybe they tried to put her in the pond. I tried to get the link to the exact spot but I can only get the area. Just move the map around and you'll see the creek running along the tree line. http://tinyurl.com/ygwuo5t

Yes! There were major amounts of run-off. It was to the extent that streams I'd never seen before were cropping up in various places. If they did put her in the pond, they would not necessarily have given any thought to run-off. What happened this year in Va. weather-wise has been historical amounts of precipitation, I believe.

Yes! There were major amounts of run-off. It was to the extent that streams I'd never seen before were cropping up in various places. If they did put her in the pond, they would not necessarily have given any thought to run-off. What happened this year in Va. weather-wise has been historical amounts of precipitation, I believe.

No kidding. An incredible amount of rain / snow. However, I don't think we've had an unusual amount of rain since mid-October, and only that one big snow mid-December.

A few days ago, somebody posted that they were interested in brain-storming what evidence may have been collected.

Here are a few thoughts I've had on potential evidence that may have been gathered through-out the case.

1) IF the perp did decide to bring the purse back to the parking lot, maybe there were attached fibers or hairs picked up from the perp's vehicle or home.

2) Some of her clothes were reportedly on her when she was discovered in the field, and could also have fibers or hair belonging to the perp (if they were not washed off by the rain & snow).

3) A vehicle belonging to the perp, if it were the location of the homicide, could have blood belonging to MH inside. Maybe running tests on a POI's vehicle will help seal the deal regarding forensic evidence.

4) Chances may be good that if LE have lots of circumstantial evidence pointing to a particular individual(s), that a search warrant of their home might uncover the red camera, which would help cinch the case.

Ghost, I have a question ... no rudeness intended, at ALL. How do you know the cameras were working that night? There was much discussion about this early in the case, and you're making a very absolute statement, and I'm wondering where you got your info? TIA!

I can only tell you the weather that day...it was sunny and hot...I remember vividly because of a significant event in my life on Oct. 17th. Meaning, there was no inclement weather that day/night...I can't see why they wouldn't have been working.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Weather info for the day of 10/17/2009

ETA:
I was in C'ville on the morning of the 18th and back again on the afternoon of the 19th... It was cold...bitterly cold and rainy. I also remember I was a bit apprehensive about taking this trip to Richmond - because it had been rainy and Afton Mountain unnerves me... It was somewhat foggy on the mountain that day.

Good points Mountain Mama

Also, if she texted with the killer that night there could be some evidence putting him in the area via his cellphone pings etc

My gut still tells me she knew the killer

My gut is also thinking the killer had a strong interest in music

Except during the presser it was all about Anchorage Farm, and it's history, and those who knew it well. I think the back way via Blandemar Farm is a shorter, straighter shot, but harder to navigate due to fences etc. I'm not sure, but I think.
Also I think that's a barn not an unoccupied house, if you're talking the rectangle green building. I thought the Blandemar Farm entrance would make most sense too, but during the presser it seems the authorities are focusing on Anchorage Farm.

I am not sure. He also mentioned the New Garden area and another road. Something like Rock Hill or Red Hill Road, sorry I have forgotten the exact name of the road and that is on the Blandemar side if I am not mistaken.

I think they are focusing on the general overall area.

imo

I am not sure. He also mentioned the New Garden area and another road. Something like Rock Hill or Red Hill Road, sorry I have forgotten the exact name of the road and that is on the Blandemar side if I am not mistaken.

I think they are focusing on the general overall area.

imo

Red Hill Road is the road that runs on the other side of that branch of the Hardware River -- it leaves Rt 29 just past Anchorage Farm if you're traveling southbound, and takes you to the Blandemar Farms area as well as leading into that whole tangle of country roads.

Ghost, I have a question ... no rudeness intended, at ALL. How do you know the cameras were working that night? There was much discussion about this early in the case, and you're making a very absolute statement, and I'm wondering where you got your info? TIA!

A facility like the JPJ arena has many things to worry about when hosting a public event. Chief among them is the possibility of a lawsuit. The insurance companies who write insurance for the JPJ do so on an event by event bases in addition to a general blanket policy. I’m talking about liability insurance here, i.e. someone getting hurt through a fall, a fire a fight, etc. The insurance companies would not underwrite an event if some part of the equipment that contributed to the buildings safety was not working like a fire alarm or security system. In addition to the JPJ having coverage; all bands now must have in place an event by event policy as well for damages that occur during a concert from rowdy fans that tear up the place. NO band would play if there were problems with security systems cameras, their manager and lawyers wouldn’t let them take the stage. They would want to be able to see if it was the crowd that caused any damage if something happened to cause a lawsuit. If the video cameras were not working, no insurance company would pay up. And insurance for the next event would be much, much more expensive. Public gathering places have an overall safety rating used by insurance companies to determine the rates and that would skyrocket too.

That is the 21st Century, world we live in reason; it’s all about cover your *advertiser censored** and money. The other reason I know is that my friends who were there last fall for the BB game are active FBI agents, alums of UVA and know people who are in charge of the security program for JPJ. The night they were there they got a mini tour of the JPJ and saw the state of the art control room that is used by security. All those camera, fire alarms, etc. are tied into a main control center controlled by computers. As it relates to the security cameras, there is an entire wall (or bank) of video monitors that are watched by security personnel throughout an event. The night of 17 Oct one of my friends who were there for the BB game has a co-worker who was there with her daughter for the concert. She knows the same guys my friends do and went to say hello to them. She was in the control center briefly that night. When rumors, and they are only rumors, surfaced about the system not working that night; I called my buddy to see if he knew anything and he relayed this saying, the rumor was not true at all. I'm sure they were working based on that account and even more so, the insurance companies being so strict.

And of course, no rudeness taken wadahoot, it was a darn good question and one I would have asked myself.

Thanks for that info MM. I hope they find out whether that field or drainage ditch from the Blandemar pond was flooded. http://tinyurl.com/ygwuo5t

If Morgan was in water at those low temperatures maybe the remains would have been preserved longer. I guess they would have checked the pond and along the drainage ditch for her boots.

Thanks MBLover for the Wunderground Link
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

My buddy sent me this picture. It was on the family’s forum as of yesterday. It is an actual photograph of the outside of the JPJ arena on the night of 17 Oct. 2009. These people are waiting to get into the Metallica concert.

You can clearly see a security camera in the top left hand corner of the photo. I had posted a while back that friends of mine who are in federal law enforcement were at a UVA BB game last fall. They made a comment then that the place had more security cameras in place than the federal building in downtown Washington. D.C.

There are hundreds of cameras inside and outside of the JPJ. Some are visible but many are not. They were all on the night of the concert and they were all working. For those that think Morgan was never there that night or never captured on camera, you may want to think again.

Everything happens for a reason and the VSP have their reasons for controlling information being released about that night.

Link here:

John Paul Jones Arena Image and Fact Discussion Thread - Remember Morgan Harrington

4024434362_daea7fbebf_b.jpg

BBM. The obvious is though it wouldn't matter how many cameras there are. They can't film someone who was never there to begin with.

Good points Mountain Mama

Also, if she texted with the killer that night there could be some evidence putting him in the area via his cellphone pings etc

My gut still tells me she knew the killer

FYI: Virginia State Police claims that Morgan's abduction was a "blitz attack."

I am aware of that, however, I just said my gut.

Also, I think one could know someone who commits a blitz attack against them. It just means without warning.. it doesn't mandate an unknown perp... at least not that I have ever heard.

I'm starting to think instead of the perp being someone like a local SO, that it's highly likely he is someone from a prominent family. The VSP detective even mentioned during his recent PC that if you have info it didn't matter to him about your name. I don't think that was just a random statement. I tend to think they suspect the perp is from a prominent family and want them to know they can remain anonymous. And while that area is rural, even John Grisham lives in North Garden. I suspect many other wealthy famillies do too...Some even with kids who attend(ed) UVA and likely are rather familiar with that area.

Completely off topic, I know but (but it's on right now again and reminded me), everytime I see that 'Dear John' commercial it reminds me of Morgan. I guess the female main character reminds me of her?

On a side note, does anyone know if the service is online anywhere?

I actually downloaded the song that is in the preview for Dear John while I was reading websleuths the night Morgan was found. I thought the lyrics to the rest of the song (not in the preview) were quite haunting actually. Could have been I was already emotional over the day's events...but I still get shivers when I listen to it.

As I look out the window at the nearly 3 feet of snow in my yard, I continue to marvel at the fact Morgan was found in the short window of time we've had without snow this year. I'm so glad she was found.

BBM. The obvious is though it wouldn't matter how many cameras there are. They can't film someone who was never there to begin with.

As someone who doesn't follow as much as you guys do, I may have missed something but; I've never seen anything to prove she was even there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member