Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The band that played on the farm does do a lot of traveling and I do not know all of the places they visit...they are involved in explaining coal mining...earth love etc...they travel to a lot of campuses and could have possibly met MH or friends ..someone traveling with them either as a roadie or a groupie would be able to move about "kinda as a celebrity" and possibly use the atmosphere created by the band...to lure not only MH but other girls that are missing from areas such as Belle WV Gainsville ,Whitesville,Atlanta,Charlottesville..etc

How did they come to play there?
How often and how much of a crowd did they have?
Conservation,grass root movement, "picking and grinning" would be a nice ruse to have people trust you...and let their guard down...just thinking

The history of the area..very important in respect to who frequent the area..
Renters,workers,exowners ets

I'm starting to think instead of the perp being someone like a local SO, that it's highly likely he is someone from a prominent family. The VSP detective even mentioned during his recent PC that if you have info it didn't matter to him about your name. I don't think that was just a random statement. I tend to think they suspect the perp is from a prominent family and want them to know they can remain anonymous. And while that area is rural, even John Grisham lives in North Garden. I suspect many other wealthy famillies do too...Some even with kids who attend(ed) UVA and likely are rather familiar with that area.

Wow, so North Garden is a wealthy community? It was mentioned more than once in the presser. There is one RSO who has a home address in New Garden, though. He's been alluded to here, but I'm sure the LE has checked him out left and right.

As someone who doesn't follow as much as you guys do, I may have missed something but; I've never seen anything to prove she was even there.

LE said they have witness reports of her inside, outside trying to get back inside, walking through the parking lot, and talking to the athletes in the parking lot, and finally on the bridge. They released a time line chart a couple of months ago with a map showing her movements outside the arena.
I assume LE thinks these sightings are credible to release it to the public.

Now some information could have changed since they released the time line a couple of months ago, but I haven't heard anything about it.

Wow, so North Garden is a wealthy community? It was mentioned more than once in the presser. There is one RSO who has a home address in New Garden, though. He's been alluded to here, but I'm sure the LE has checked him out left and right.
North Garden, to us, is gauged as "the other side of the tracks"....I'll ask around more, but everyone I've asked (as a simple: What kind of neighborhood would you classify NG as?) gave me the same answer.....and in reply to the IP who commented on the weather.....I was moving that day and it was so hot I couldn't stand it. Perhaps it rained the next day, but the 17th was just awful hot/dry.

I'm not trying to get into a contest here... I just put the weather report up for every one to see it. I believe the high was recorded at 40 something. It may have been warm/hot during the day...however it cools pretty quickly when the sun goes down and the concert wasn't going on when it was the heat of the day.

Just throwing this out there...

I'm not trying to get into a contest here... I just put the weather report up for every one to see it. I believe the high was recorded at 40 something. It may have been warm/hot during the day...however it cools pretty quickly when the sun goes down and the concert wasn't going on when it was the heat of the day.

Just throwing this out there...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4024434362_daea7fbebf_b.jpg

Lots of jackets & layers.

North Garden, to us, is gauged as "the other side of the tracks"....

Do you mean on the rich side or the poor side?

BTW: If someone lives in Charlottesville or in the surrounding countryside, would they be likely to commute daily into DC or Maryland for a professional job, or would the commute be very difficult?

I remember back when she first went missing and it was reported as being chilly and misty?
I'm not 100% sure but it wasn't warm.

Do you mean on the rich side or the poor side?

BTW: If someone lives in Charlottesville or in the surrounding countryside, would they be likely to commute daily into DC or Maryland for a professional job, or would the commute be very difficult?

Rich side of the track according to Wes in post #397.

ETA:

Actually Wes said it was a rural area with a mix of wealthy families.

[ITruthful Lies wrote: ]North Garden, to us, is gauged as "the other side of the tracks"....I'll ask around more, but everyone I've asked (as a simple: What kind of neighborhood would you classify NG as?)[/I]
North Garden is not "the other side of the tracks." It also is not considered a "wealthy community." As someone who works in Charlottesville but lives in metro-Richmond, and who has spent the last year shopping for a farm in all of Cville's outlying areas, I would consider North Garden, Southern Albemarle, Scottsville, Esmont, etc. a mixed bag and as such a bigger bang for the buck real estate-wise. But make no mistake, there are large landholders, celebrities, and other wealthy types mixed in with more rural, middle-class, blue collar folks. For example, Dave Matthews is one who comes to mind. North Garden is just not as expensive as Keswick or Free Union.

Not very likely that very many make that commute... too long... Mapquest puts it at 2 hours 21 minutes to DC, and the traffic up there can be horrendous.

On the Find Morgan site, a poster made a reference to some pictures MH had uploaded to FB with a title "Camping," which are now apparently unavailable. Maybe MH herself had hiked or camped near Anchorage Farms, and therefore she might have known other campers or people who frequent the area. In recent years, hiking has become a more dangerous sport, as sometimes homeless & desperate people "camp" in rural & woodsy areas. Does anyone know if she was seriously into hiking as a sport?

On the Find Morgan site, a poster made a reference to some pictures MH had uploaded to FB with a title "Camping," which are now apparently unavailable. Maybe MH herself had hiked or camped near Anchorage Farms, and therefore she might have known other campers or people who frequent the area. In recent years, hiking has become a more dangerous sport, as sometimes homeless & desperate people "camp" in rural & woodsy areas. Does anyone know if she was seriously into hiking as a sport?

where did the band playing at the farm begin to be posted?

what about this camping the person above spoke of, when did this start

Lots of jackets & layers.

I see a lot of Tshirts and others wearing hoodies - it appears to me to be about an even mix of both. I don't consider the hoodies I'm seeing as heavier types.

LE said they have witness reports of her inside, outside trying to get back inside, walking through the parking lot, and talking to the athletes in the parking lot, and finally on the bridge. They released a time line chart a couple of months ago with a map showing her movements outside the arena.
I assume LE thinks these sightings are credible to release it to the public.

Now some information could have changed since they released the time line a couple of months ago, but I haven't heard anything about it.

I'm not convinced she was inside.
She looks like many of us blond hair; blue eyed women. How could anyone really be sure it was her unless there actually was images or video of her?
I also wonder how many other gals had on miniskirts & boots?

Someone posted a comment about a former law student that rented the house that burned down and he said Anchorage farm was known for college parties. I'm thinking the person called into the Nancy Grace show and said to look at prior renters of that house and go back about 2 years...would he know someone suspicious that rented about 2 years?

I see a lot of Tshirts and others wearing hoodies - it appears to me to be about an even mix of both. I don't consider the hoodies I'm seeing as heavier types.

I'm not convinced she was inside.
She looks like many of us blond hair; blue eyed women. How could anyone really be sure it was her unless there actually was images or video of her?
I also wonder how many other gals had on miniskirts & boots?

Her friends put her inside with them, do you think they are lying? I guess anything is possible but I don't think they are responsible for her death or dumping her in the field, and that would be the only reason they'd lie about her being inside with them.

Her friends put her inside with them, do you think they are lying? I guess anything is possible but I don't think they are responsible for her death or dumping her in the field, and that would be the only reason they'd lie about her being inside with them.

I wish I had time to spend on this case. I've been trying to read everything that's posted; I go to the links; have been to her web site but don't know much about her friends. From what I have read; I'm not sure if they were lying for her or if she really did go into the concert.

Let's face it, girls are catty. I can't count the number of times my daughter has gone somewhere with friends only to call me saying she needed a ride because her friends met up with other people or their boyfriend & she felt like a 3rd wheel. I honestly don't know what to think in this case; especially when you don't know Morgan or her friends.

In on of the links there was a quote from her father or mother saying "she wasn't perfect" and I wondered why they felt the need to even add that.

She was a college kid; most college kids like to party & there is nothing wrong with it as long as they don't get hurt. I also don't feel it would make a difference to me if I knew she was out drinking; I wouldn't think less of her, nor would I think she deserved to be left in a field.

I do know a lot of the kids these days like medications like Adderall & if she had a heart problem she didn't know about or took too much Adderall; then mixed with drinking.. if she was with someone and passed out or her heart stopped; someone may have panicked.

Could she have been partying in the field? Sure. I know I did when I was younger

The weather wasn't hot or warm by most people's standards at the time the concert started at 8PM on 10/17. Records show it was 45 degrees, overcast with light rain later in the night. I remember early on in the first Morgan threads weather was discussed, and it was reported by locals that it was chilly out that night. I don't think the weather is too debatable at this point, especially when there are official records of the temperature.

ETA:

Posts from the very first Morgan thread from locals about the weather:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA-Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA-Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville

Hope this helps.

From everything we have been told by official sources, Morgan was inside the arena and then left. There would be text or phone messages (and relevant pings) to put Morgan in a general area. She had on particular clothes (it's not just a "general blonde girl). She was seen outside by credible witnesses.

If Morgan never went into the arena, LE would have been looking at her whereabout before the concert and would be paying considerably more attention to the friends. I am more interested in who she might have thought she could "catch a ride" with or who she went out to talk with, etc.

The friends may not be likable, but I don't see them as killers who could dump a body, especially since their ride was Morgan's car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l