Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue who did this to Morgan and I don't think LE does either.

But I think that whomever it was took the easiest and most direct direction to dispose of her body where it was found.

I don't believe they entered AFs through the front and went 1.5 miles all the way back to the backside.

I have always found that those that live around the backside of property lines are very familiar with them. Imo this was someone who either had lived or visited the Blandemar area and knew that Mr. Bass' property started where he had the barbed wire fencing up.

imo

OCB I like your post and am thinking alone the same lines as you. I one of your post you refer to an abandoned house (or at least unoccupied) are you talking about the one that is ~1,550 ft. due northwest from where the body was found? If so I had no idea that house was empty that is a big deal. You could probably drive a regular car and without question a four-wheel drive pickup truck right over to where the body was found. Honestly I think they could have just dumped her body over the fence into the field. The whole operation would have only taken 5 minutes max.

I had ruled this out because I assumed that someone lives in the house and that a person would have been noticed. But if that house is empty then I think that it is without doubt the way the body was brought to its final resting place. And I agree you can see a track in the ground so obviously this path has been used by someone(s) with some regularity.

I also, like you, get the feeling they don't have any idea who did this. The verbiage in that press conference ect Reeked of FBI behavioral profile and FBI prepared statement based on the profile. TO me it suggests they don't have anyone. (note: just to be clear this is not a slight at LE I think they are working hard and doing everything they can. It's just that stranger crimes with no exact crime scene are by their nature very difficult to solve.)

Not that it even matters necessarily, but perhaps this LSD angle that has been brought up could explain something.

Earlier on, we read some things that referred to MH having changed schools, and was perhaps involved in something. Could it be that when she said "the man stomped her down" she was referring to getting busted for drugs? It is too bad that the Facebook page is unavailable, because the tone of her comment on fb really sounds like she was doing some experimenting.

And in the comment she "lost that sweater". Now it could be that her behavior on the night of October 17th was not that different from experiencing a bad trip. Where "things just went downhill from here" as she says in her comment about the picture. Possibly losing items, wandering outside the arena, ending up with a creepy guy.

Either way, if she was or was not on the "unicorns" that night; it doesn't matter. Because she is gone and somebody took advantage of her and its still not solved. But, we try and figure things out on here.

Ecstacy or speed could be other possibilitys. Ecstacy could have caused her to be trusting of somebody wierd. Speed could explain her reported angry outbursts.

I don't really have any comment on most of this. I personally don't get into analyzing statements to much. Not that I'm against it just not my thing. But I will say this. One of the things I had speculated in a post sometime closer to when she went missing was that maybe she had been on LSD. Based on my personal experience for a long time ago in a galaxy far away it is one of the few drugs I could think that if you're in a crowd could make you feel like I’ve just GOT to get out of here. I had speculated this because it was one of the handful of scenarios that could reasonably explain her leaving the arena not thing about what she was doing.

I'd also add that I have no idea if she was on drugs or not, but I do not think she was "drugged" by someone and personally I don't think it really matters one way or the other. The only effect the could have had was making her even less careful about what she was doing, but a lot of us do things in not careful ways and don't end up dead. So regardless of what drug she was on the crime is still in no way her fault. Furthermore as far as my personal experience the drug that makes you they most reckless and is most likely to have you inadvertently end up in unsafe situations is alcohol. The only issue that could depend on drugs was how she got out of the arena, but I'm personally of the opinion that her leaving the arena and her being abducted where separate events, an unfortunate coincidence.

I can't answer your first question but I'd like to say the last name intrigues me. Any relation to the late and former Sheriff you think?

I don't know. It's a very common name in that area -- but the fact that the late and former Sheriff chose to end his life only a couple of days after Morgan's body was found is intriguing. And this arrest was at the beginning of October. Would like to know whether he was out on bail in time for the concert. He did not show up as a current inmate.

Her friends put her inside with them, do you think they are lying? I guess anything is possible but I don't think they are responsible for her death or dumping her in the field, and that would be the only reason they'd lie about her being inside with them.

You ever tell a white lye for a friend?We are having a sleep over,but actually the plan is to go to the movies..see what I'm saying?

The friends,could have said that she was there,because they planned on meeting her there, when she didn't show they waited(why wait ,if they were assured she was already on her way home before Metallica even played)
then drove back to HSB and when parents called ,they went into "cover for M" mode.
I believe since the parents aren't alarmed by the friends behavior,it wasn't uncommon for M to go with one group and leave with another... they may have at first thought everything was going to be ok but since then ..seem to have been advised to stay away from the media, and remain pretty silent...
M seemed to know a lot of people.
If she drove straight from Blacksburg to HSB then on ward to Charlottesville it would be understandable that her and the other girls would have all went to the bathroom...before the show..don't you think??

You ever tell a white lye for a friend?We are having a sleep over,but actually the plan is to go to the movies..see what I'm saying?

The friends,could have said that she was there,because they planned on meeting her there, when she didn't show they waited(why wait ,if they were assured she was already on her way home before Metallica even played)
then drove back to HSB and when parents called ,they went into "cover for M" mode.
I believe since the parents aren't alarmed by the friends behavior,it wasn't uncommon for M to go with one group and leave with another... they may have at first thought everything was going to be ok but since then ..seem to have been advised to stay away from the media, and remain pretty silent...
If she drove straight from Blacksburg to HSB then on ward to Charlottesville it would be understandable that her and the other girls would have all went to the bathroom...before the show..don't you think??

By all accounts MH was drinking to the point of being intoxicated. Under those circumstances I don't think going to the bath room twice over a few hour periods is unreasonable. Two of the four only road from HSB to c'ville and they stop to pick up the others in HSB so they could have used the bathroom there.

There is also the 8:40 ish phone call this call would have been routed thru cell towers and this information could be looked up to find the general location of the phone when the call was placed. So you would have to believe that either the friends would have planned to set up this ruse (before they even knew they needed to) by faking the call or that LE didn't bother to check the cell information. In my opinion it is so unlikely that either of these is the case that I think they can be disregarded. They also would have had to place her purse etc. in the RV lot to support the ruse, again prior to even knowing they need to cover for her. It just doesn’t add up.

Also it's pretty clear LE feels like she was there and you have to assume they have good reason because they don't like making themselves look like fools. I understand what you are saying about telling white lies, but these kids aren't CIA agents or hardened criminals there's no way three of them are keeping up a story like this in light of everything that has happened and under questioning from professional investigators possibly including the FBI.

Does anybody know how to find out whether an arrested person has been bailed out, sentenced, etc.?

Like maybe the guy in this news story?

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11258135

If he was into kiddie *advertiser censored*; wouldn't he go after kids and not someone as old as Morgan?

Exactly what I think. I'm not sure she went there with them; or if she went inside with them. She probably was at the lot where her phone/purse were found.

Have the friends lawyered up yet?

As far as knowing a lot of people.. what young kid doesn't these days with myspace & facebook; my son & daughter included. My son stayed at someone's house in Arizona on his ride home from California; met the person at an online gaming message board.

If he was into kiddie *advertiser censored*; wouldn't he go after kids and not someone as old as Morgan?
<snip>

I don't know -- depends on what age, I guess. Morgan doesn't look that old in many of her pictures. I googled for *advertiser censored* arrests in October; now I'm trying to dig deeper to see if I can find any interesting connections. But I've never done this before and I'm finding mostly dead ends :p

i find it odd there is no video of her at the arena.would she not have gone in with her friends.there are three of them and they cant find them on video.if she didnt enter the arena with them why not.

I'd like to find out what other WS's are thinking at this point.
-Was the perp organized or disorganized?
-Has the perp done something like this before or was it the first time?
-Were drugs involved and if so, what?
-Is this case tied to other cases in Virginia by a common perp?

To answer another poster, I don't really know if I think LE are close to solving it, or not. On one hand, there is new information for them to go on since the discovery of her body. On the other hand, it IS frustrating that this perp is still on the lose and can commit this type of crime again...and maybe they have.

We don't have a motive for killing MH.

Crime of passion?

Some degree of sentiment is indicated by:
1. The handbag & cell were in a place where they were almost sure to be found. Maybe they were thrown away in anger or returned to UVA in guilt (to at least let her family know that something had happened).
2. At least some clothing & jewelry were found on the body.
3. AF farm seems to be a serene and beautiful place. A cold-blooded killer could have dumped her in a landfill.

However, the lack of the cell battery in MHs phone indicates at least some degree of premeditation.

Suicide?

Maybe she herself was familiar with the AK farm, hitched or even walked out there, and deliberately OD'd on some type of substance?

Accident?

Maybe she even spent a little while living in the abandoned shack, "camping," and maybe she sampled a bad mushroom and accidently died.

I wish the medical examiner would release the information resulting in cod.
That would be very helpful to us arm chair detectives..
The idea of M being a random abduction, just doesn't play well in my head...I don't think she would get in a car..with someone she didn't know..
If she was there...(as had been assumed because of reports..no video) someone that knew her..could have approached her and suggested they go out to the car and get a drink..seeing the NO REENTER SIGN she tried to struggle which resulted in her being kicked out...that doesn't play well either..surly the bouncers would have listened to her say" This guy is insisting I go with him, but my friends,my ride and the concert hasn't started yet) and not kicked her out..
Why has "noone" showed video of them being there and M being in the background..?There was 1700 people..someone took some pictures..looks like she would be seen somewhere...
Does JPJ have video of the friends in their seat?
I think the tie lies, with someone she had met before..knew she was going to be there.
M had opportunity to be in possession of pain killers taken from the clinic where she worked and also from medical supplies sent over seas to the mission..
People hooked on Oxicodone and perks are killing people around HSB,Richmond,CHV and everywhere..
Look at the record of deaths in Richmond last year...most gun shot deaths and all between the age of 18-32
I believe she could have been spaced out on pills and not intoxicated...seems it would be easier to get than drinks since she was underage...
I believe there is a drug connection...past relationship...either boyfriend..or just friends..random just seems hinky to me .
In M face space she wrote about losing her shirt...where was that and who was the weird person she talked about?..her friends might know..
The band mentioned,must be attracting a group of students for some other reason than their music....cause they are not that good...
I can see M being attracted to the idea of conservation..etc ..coal mining clean-up etc she meets someone working in that group that is very familiar with Anchorage Farm...

Not that it even matters necessarily, but perhaps this LSD angle that has been brought up could explain something.

. Could it be that when she said "the man stomped her down" she was referring to getting busted for drugs? Where "things just went downhill from here" as she says in her comment about the picture. Possibly losing items, wandering outside the arena, ending up with a creepy guy.

Either way, if she was or was not on the "unicorns" that night; it doesn't matter. Because she is gone and somebody took advantage of her and its still not solved. But, we try and figure things out on here.

Ecstacy or speed could be other possibilitys. Ecstacy could have caused her to be trusting of somebody wierd. Speed could explain her reported angry outbursts.

There are some "x" pills of recent vintage known as unicorns, "stomped" can mean to get real high, i.e., the creepy guy got me real stoned (weed) after giving him one of her last "rolls"

We don't have a motive for killing MH.

Crime of passion?

Some degree of sentiment is indicated by:
1. The handbag & cell were in a place where they were almost sure to be found. Maybe they were thrown away in anger or returned to UVA in guilt (to at least let her family know that something had happened).
2. At least some clothing & jewelry were found on the body.
3. AF farm seems to be a serene and beautiful place. A cold-blooded killer could have dumped her in a landfill.

However, the lack of the cell battery in MHs phone indicates at least some degree of premeditation.

Suicide?

Maybe she herself was familiar with the AK farm, hitched or even walked out there, and deliberately OD'd on some type of substance?

Accident?

Maybe she even spent a little while living in the abandoned shack, "camping," and maybe she sampled a bad mushroom and accidently died.

The ME ruled it a homicide which means it wasn't an accident or suicide.

I wish the medical examiner would release the information resulting in cod.
That would be very helpful to us arm chair detectives.
The idea of M being a random abduction, just doesn't play well in my head...I don't think she would get in a car..with someone she didn't know..
If she was there...(as had been assumed because of reports..no video) someone that knew her..could have approached her and suggested they go out to the car and get a drink..seeing the NO REENTER SIGN she tried to struggle which resulted in her being kicked out...that doesn't play well either..surly the bouncers would have listened to her say" This guy is insisting I go with him, but my friends,my ride and the concert hasn't started yet) and not kicked her out..
Why has "noone" showed video of them being there and M being in the background..?There was 1700 people..someone took some pictures..looks like she would be seen somewhere...
Does JPJ have video of the friends in their seat?
I think the tie lies, with someone she had met before..knew she was going to be there.
M had opportunity to be in possession of pain killers taken from the clinic where she worked and also from medical supplies sent over seas to the mission..
People hooked on Oxicodone and perks are killing people around HSB,Richmond,CHV and everywhere..
Look at the record of deaths in Richmond last year...most gun shot deaths and all between the age of 18-32
I believe she could have been spaced out on pills and not intoxicated...seems it would be easier to get than drinks since she was underage...
I believe there is a drug connection...past relationship...either boyfriend..or just friends..random just seems hinky to me .
In M face space she wrote about losing her shirt...where was that and who was the weird person she talked about?..her friends might know..
The band mentioned,must be attracting a group of students for some other reason than their music....cause they are not that good...
I can see M being attracted to the idea of conservation..etc ..coal mining clean-up etc she meets someone working in that group that is very familiar with Anchorage Farm...

It's frustrating, and I love trying to figure out cases like this as much as the next person here, but in reality there is no reason for us to know the COD.
I prefer they keep it quiet if it helps the investigation and gets the person or people responsible.

Do you mean on the rich side or the poor side?

BTW: If someone lives in Charlottesville or in the surrounding countryside, would they be likely to commute daily into DC or Maryland for a professional job, or would the commute be very difficult?

I live in Northern VA and commute to Cville two or three times a week. It isn't a bad drive...most days.

NBC 29 tonight reported that there have 50+ tips to the new "location tip line" but only a few of them were specific to Anchorage Farm. VSP is encouraging people with info on the farm or area to call.

Police Urge Correct Use of Harrington Hotline

"They have gotten about 52 calls but only 10 percent had anything to do with the property."

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11953798

My guess would be they're getting alot of calls regarding these "creepy posts" on the internet, or some other nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08