Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a lot going on so I'm not following as closely as most here... why the focus on the bluegrass band? Just because they played for some kids at the farm?

They played at the farm and there's not much else going on besides rehashing the same old stuff about what happened in the arena that LE has repeatedly said has no bearing on what happened after...and the band has some interesting connections. Probably not relevant, but interesting.

Here's the thing though, wouldn't it be more efficient for LE just to talk to everyone and their mother who knows their POI and his behavior? They could search his phone records, work records, talk to his friends, family, coworkers, and ex-girlfriends to find out if their supposed POI was in the area that night, and if he knows the farm well.
Why hold a presser and ask for hundreds of random tips from the public to come in, and hope one or two are specifically related at their POI?
:waitasec:

those were my same thoughts when i watched the PC live.
I dont think they have a POI at all & are hoping to find one when/if the locals around the farm give them something to latch on to.

did you all notice how fast the LT shut down the one reporter when she asked why they havent gone door to door. Radar acted highly annoyed by that question.

I've all along thought Chopin Rd was used as the point of entry to the farm. it makes the most sense.

I've had a lot going on so I'm not following as closely as most here... why the focus on the bluegrass band? Just because they played for some kids at the farm?

in my mind, it shows how others have access to the farm.
so sense this band was there, who else was? who did they know?
what exact house was this in? etc.

Thanks. I was at the findmorgan site today; read somewhere it was the 200's.

This is what I've put together so far with links - Morgan blog - I have photos of the seating for the concert as well as main links in case anyone wants to make it easy on themselves when searching. If you have other links you'd like me to add, let me know.

I seem to remember that they were in section 312, but I'd search some of the earlier threads to confirm this.

Quick question -

Does anyone one know who found Morgan's purse? It was spotted in the parking lot the next morning, by who? At that point LE had no idea that MH was missing, so was this purse found by a student? Someone cleaning up the lots after the concert? Faculty?

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=11101808092903167&ShowArticle_ID=11800802104188707

" The day after he found Harrington’s remains, Bass said, “I did give them the names of people who come to the farm frequently.” He added that he knew some of his neighbors had done the same, “because they’ve told me.”

Among the names Bass turned over to state police were those of maintenance workers, hunters he allowed on his land, acquaintances of his daughter, and a complete list of tenants who have lived in a farm house on his property, dating back 20 years.

“I happened to’ve kept leases, so I had the names,” he said. “No current addresses, but [Virginia State Police] have their names.” He also said that several reporters have asked for access to the farm, but he has not permitted it."

BBM

Maybe one of his daughter's friends, or former tenants friends had known Morgan.. Blandemar Estates doesn't seem to be that built up, it should be easy to nail down if the perp was from there. Out of the estates there, how many kids around Morgan's age or older came from there? Would the perp have been friends with one of them?

We don't have a motive for killing MH.

Crime of passion?

Some degree of sentiment is indicated by:
1. The handbag & cell were in a place where they were almost sure to be found. Maybe they were thrown away in anger or returned to UVA in guilt (to at least let her family know that something had happened).
2. At least some clothing & jewelry were found on the body.
3. AF farm seems to be a serene and beautiful place. A cold-blooded killer could have dumped her in a landfill.

However, the lack of the cell battery in MHs phone indicates at least some degree of premeditation.
Accident?

Maybe she even spent a little while living in the abandoned shack, "camping," and maybe she sampled a bad mushroom and accidently died.

Snipped

The only theory that would seem fit is crime of passion. IMO.

Your interesting statement about the serenity and beauty of the farm where Morgan's body was dumped.. either the perp knew LE searches landfills, or it was more comfortable for the perp to go to the farm than a landfill to dump her body.

The perp may feel remorse somewhat, which is why he didn't bother to rid of the body so noone would find it. If he is sweating the heat LE is throwing at him, he may just want the whole ordeal over with. It's not like he is a serial killer. This guy most likely never killed before, he's new to it, and he doesn't know what to do or how to do it. Which would explain why he went to the farm to dump her, instead of the Atlantic Ocean or a coal mine, or even someplace deserted in the mountains.

Why has LE not asked for everyone that attended the concert to send pictures that were taken at the concert.....M may appear in the back ground or the friends...or the perp..or perps..
This story is world wide..out of 1700 fans..she appeared in some footage, somewhere..if I attended the concert in Charlottesville on Oct 17..I would be looking through my pictures..wouldn't you...but yet none have surfaced...the police have not even showed footage of her friends at the concert have they??

IMO
I believe their surveillance footage was top knotch at the arena, which might explain why LE haven't asked for everyone's pictures from personal cameras.
LE already has what they need, likely, of footage from the arena. LE has their reasons for not letting any footage of the arena leak out, within good reason. They have to be careful to not let things hurt prosecution in a potential trial.

Here's an interesting news clip about Anchorage Farms neighbors:

http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/3991565

At the end, the reporter says the neighbors say "many people park on the side of the road at the back of the property."

And people hunt on tractors. :waitasec:

The ruling only means that there is sufficient evidence to justify a homicide investigation; not that suicide or accident are necessarily impossible.

From the Webster OnLine Dictionary; Homicide rules out any chance of suicide or accident according to the universally accepted definition. LE said it was a homicide, not that there was enough evidence gathered to justify a homicide.

Main Entry: ho·mi·cide
Pronunciation: \ˈhä-mə-ˌsīd, ˈhō-\
Function: noun
Etymology: in sense 1, from Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin homicida, from *advertiser censored* human being + -cida -cide; in sense 2, from Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin homicidium, from *advertiser censored* + -cidium -cide
Date: 14th century
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homicide

Here's an interesting news clip about Anchorage Farms neighbors:

http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/3991565

At the end, the reporter says the neighbors say "many people park on the side of the road at the back of the property."

And people hunt on tractors. :waitasec:

If the fence shown in this video is the fence with barbed wire on the border of the farm property, it doesn't look very hard to get past at all.

How do I get permission to access this? Thx...

You shouldn't need permission according to my blog settings; only guests can't see my blog nor people on my ignore list & I don't have anyone on an ignore list.

Can anyone else see my blog?

You shouldn't need permission according to my blog settings; only guests can't see my blog nor people on my ignore list & I don't have anyone on an ignore list.

Something wrong with the pointer, I think. The message is

"Invalid Blog specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I get:

"gnomony, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

(I'm new on WS, so that's probably the reason)

When zooming in on the map above ,the house at 1800 has a great big 9 in the yard..that is just a reminder to me...where are the 9 friends?
Do they have my space?facebook?Ties to that area?

Last night on "Disappeared" they profiled a girl first name Murry..(I think)..she had a group of 6 friends she went to school with and 4 years later , her friends were still crying and discussing all the important things in their lives that she had missed and was missing..it made me think about the 9..how this will effect them now and in the future...
M's family and the people touched with grief will never get over this..even if the perp is caught...
We need to do something...our jails are full...and we are still feeding Manson and everyday, these senseless Murders increase...
I suggest , the people who are destine for lethal injection be organ donors...no need to waste those parts that could save a life...

I suggest , the people who are destine for lethal injection be organ donors...no need to waste those parts that could save a life...

I agree; but after watching Mercy where a guy got the hand of a child molester; he ended up cutting the hand off because he couldn't live knowing what it probably had done.

I agree; but after watching Mercy where a guy got the hand of a child molester; he ended up cutting the hand off because he couldn't live knowing what it probably had done.

Two people received Gary Gilmore's corneas. Wonder what it's like to see the world through those lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper