Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Morgan knew "of" her killer. Knew who he/she was. Perhaps had been in the same gathering. This is somebody she felt would not harm her and she could accept a ride to the place they were "both" heading. Their directions were not the same. He/she wanted something she was not willing to give. It turned ugly. He/she killed her in one place and took her to another. A place familiar to the killer.

He/she is very worried because something was left behind. Something that will lead LE directly to he/she. This person has everything to lose and is running for his/her life.

And now a riddle for you; This person is being kept close by but being pushed far away.
MHO

BBM, Honeybun- can you elaborate on where you think they both were heading. Or are you suggesting that the killer tricked MH into thinking that they were both heading to the same place. What do you mean when you say "The directions were not the same."?

Also, what do you think was left behind?
Where did you come up with that riddle?

To answer your riddle- that sounds like a member of LE who is being kept out of the case intentionally.

Medical examiners are now analyzing the remains of Morgan Dana Harrington, the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student whose body was found Jan. 26 on Anchorage Farm, about 10 miles south of where she had last been seen on the Copeley Road Bridge.

The cause of Harrington’s death has yet to be determined, but the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has submitted samples to the Department of Forensic Science for toxicology studies, said Steve Murman, the office’s district administrator. The results of these studies usually return after 8-12 weeks, he said. It will take five to six months before the medical examiner can then release the DNA analysis, Harrington’s parents said.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2010/02/22/state-tests-harrington-remains/

I think the riddle means...the H's know this person. they are keeping them close(as either confidant or shoulder to lean on) while watching them very close...being pushed away...could mean being kept out of the limelight...defended the actions of this person in order to keep them close enough to watch,until LE builds the case that will assure a conviction.
What do you think of that answer?

I think the riddle means...the H's know this person. they are keeping them close(as either confidant or shoulder to lean on) while watching them very close...being pushed away...could mean being kept out of the limelight...defended the actions of this person in order to keep them close enough to watch,until LE builds the case that will assure a conviction.

Dr. Harrington did state with some degree of certainty that the killer was involved in searching for Morgan.

Makes sense and fits their actions. Either the obvious questions aren't being asked by the H's and LE, or they have been asked and we aren't being told the answers due to the investigation. I Pray that they have a POI and that they are, indeed, keeping him/her talking. It shocks me that we STILL don't know MH's exboyfriend's name, who she was texting, the male in her party, etc. The only possible explaination is that they (LE and the H's) are trying to downplay their roles and actions for a reason.

Makes sense and fits their actions. Either the obvious questions aren't being asked by the H's and LE, or they have been asked and we aren't being told the answers due to the investigation. I Pray that they have a POI and that they are, indeed, keeping him/her talking. It shocks me that we STILL don't know MH's exboyfriend's name, who she was texting, the male in her party, etc. The only possible explaination is that they (LE and the H's) are trying to downplay their roles and actions for a reason.

OR... they are not considered suspects in any way, and they want to keep their names from being dragged through the mud.

When I think of a typical serial killer I think of somebody who is likely to collect "trophys" from his "conquests". As far as the chuncky bracelet goes, we are not seeing that here. So it could be a SK who doesn't collect that kind of trophy, or it could be that we have a FIRST TIMER. They haven't even started collecting trophys. Or I guess they could have the necklace. I am not sure, but i think that it is meaningful that the bracelet remained with Morgan. I'm not sure why an experienced criminal would leave evidence that could have fingerprints on it. Unless he wore gloves the whole time. Or was INEXPERIENCED.

At any rate, I wonder if before it all went wrong Morgan voluntarily mentioned to the killer that her phone wasn't working. Like maybe right off the bat, and he knew...ahh, she has no life-line, so to speak. Would that kind of info be enough to send a would-be killer into full-on planning mode?

There is absolutely NO evidence of that...no one forced her out of that arena...she was outside the arena, on her phone, tried to get back in...

I do agree on this>> I think she grabbed the "45 yr old" guys arm to try to get in with him, but it didn't work

if she was "forced" out of the arena, where was the 'FORCER"...when she was out there talking to the basketball players, and being seen by other eyewitnesses??

The security guards and door people at the arena have all been questioned...they aren't in trouble...they didn't have some trouble where a "guy told them she was drunk">>

If you have followed this "case" from the start, there are a few "facts" (not many, but a few) and these are some of them

Forced or maybe lured - on some pretense - outside?

Do we know if she were a real super-OMG Metallica fan? I mean really? Like, "I'd love, LOVE to meet them," kind of a fan?

I know she had the tickets for 6 months etc, but her dad bought all the tickets. Knowing how ardent her fanship (is that a word) was would help me sort out a couple of things. "Come with me...but only you; your group cant go with us.... yadda yadda...; you're the hot one; I can get you backstage for a few minutes, but not all your friends.. you can get autographs for them.... come around this way with me.... (darkness... back- "entrance?"

I cant see her just wandering out tho. IDK.

moo

Forced or maybe lured - on some pretense - outside?

Do we know if she were a real super-OMG Metallica fan? I mean really? Like, "I'd love, LOVE to meet them," kind of a fan?

I know she had the tickets for 6 months etc, but her dad bought all the tickets. Knowing how ardent her fanship (is that a word) was would help me sort out a couple of things. "Come with me...but only you; your group cant go with us.... yadda yadda...; you're the hot one; I can get you backstage for a few minutes, but not all your friends.. you can get autographs for them.... come around this way with me.... (darkness... back- "entrance?"

I cant see her just wandering out tho. IDK.

moo
its a possibility.its possible she met someone before the concert who had a plan.i just have to believe the only way she would have voluntarily left the concert that she waited 6 mths for.and drove three hours to see is if she had a guarantee of getting back in.maybe perp told her meet me outside at 830 will party maybe promised her drugs etc.before metallica comes on.he may even have shown her two tickets.maybe told her i cant be there until 830 i will probably have to park near the bridge.when she went outside realized that maybe she was stood up.the perp probably told her he didnt have a working cell phone,lost etc so he would have to meet her.when he wasnt there she tried to get back in to no avail.maybe she thought well i call my friends and check near the bridge.she went there and he wasnt there she waited then decided to leave.he possibly picked her up on the bridge as she was leaving which meant he would have to turn around at the rv lot.it might explain her pocketbook back toward the arena from where she was last seen.of course she may have realized the concert had started and tried to get perp to go to arena.but he had other plans.i just think LE really needs to check out who these kids were around before the concert.jmo

its a possibility.its possible she met someone before the concert who had a plan.i just have to believe the only way she would have voluntarily left the concert that she waited 6 mths for.and drove three hours to see is if she had a guarantee of getting back in.maybe perp told her meet me outside at 830 will party maybe promised her drugs etc.before metallica comes on.he may even have shown her two tickets.maybe told her i cant be there until 830 i will probably have to park near the bridge.when she went outside realized that maybe she was stood up.the perp probably told her he didnt have a working cell phone,lost etc so he would have to meet her.when he wasnt there she tried to get back in to no avail.maybe she thought well i call my friends and check near the bridge.she went there and he wasnt there she waited then decided to leave.he possibly picked her up on the bridge as she was leaving which meant he would have to turn around at the rv lot.it might explain her pocketbook back toward the arena from where she was last seen.of course she may have realized the concert had started and tried to get perp to go to arena.but he had other plans.i just think LE really needs to check out who these kids were around before the concert.jmo

I agree. Someone forcing her outside would have been too risky for the perp.

I cant figure out how much significance to give to that concert website picture of her and post stating when and where she'd be that night. She was stunning and it's not completely implausible, but I suppose it'd be kind of a convoluted plan that would take a lot of guts and risk and planning and even luck, but not totally implausible to me.

Maybe im a fuddy, but I recall feeling uncomfortable when I saw the picture of her on that website and she was listed in the "definitely going" category ...for that concert... at that time... at that place.... that night.

Im sure they've checked her computer etc. People can become very close - intimately close - on the net. Then there's the pesky "misunderstanding" factor due to the medium - no voice inflection, no body language or facial expessions to read, so it's sort of easy for someone to take things "the wrong way." IDK.

I know that random crimes of opportunity do happen, but i cant seem to let go of the notion that she deliberately went outside for a reason - which decreases the random factor.

moo

This isn't the one I remember reading... but he mentions here that it's likely the person was at the search.

Here's An Idea - Remember Morgan Harrington

Perhaps the thread was taken down? There have been a few over there that have been locked/deleted since I joined. Anyway, he was asked to clarify but didn't.

This isn't the one I remember reading... but he mentions here that it's likely the person was at the search.

Here's An Idea - Remember Morgan Harrington

Perhaps the thread was taken down? There have been a few over there that have been locked/deleted since I joined. Anyway, he was asked to clarify but didn't.

Thanks for that info Calliope...very interesting

I do see that no further reply was given

Of course, if "he" is a "local" he might very well have gone on the searches...to not go might have looked "odd" if his other local friends were all out there trying to help

It is a creepy thought to think of "him" (it) out there with the searchers or at one of the candlelight vigils etc

To kill and vanquish her beauty

Gil Harringtons Family Blog

"EVIL like killed Lennon, King, JFK

Decided to take out a girl on that day

And threw her like refuse in a field of hay"

Assassinations and a gun. Could this be bigger than any of us imagine?

Isn't Cville supposed to come out with a new article this week with more information?

The guy who acted as designated driver that night was DC, and he is the BF of some other young woman who did not attend that night. He is a club baseball player for JMU.

To kill and vanquish her beauty

Gil Harringtons Family Blog

"EVIL like killed Lennon, King, JFK

Decided to take out a girl on that day

And threw her like refuse in a field of hay"

Assassinations and a gun. Could this be bigger than any of us imagine?

Interestingly too there are many conspiracy theories about each of those three assassinations.

Not sure if this crime was a conspiracy of some sort, but we can't rule it out yet.

(Many conspiracy theories surround the recent VTech murders as well; that is, the Cho victims, Childs & Metzler.)

I cant figure out how much significance to give to that concert website picture of her and post stating when and where she'd be that night ... Maybe im a fuddy, but I recall feeling uncomfortable when I saw the picture of her on that website and she was listed in the "definitely going" category ...for that concert... at that time... at that place.... that night.

MH actually posted her photo & when & where she would be on some website? Do you have a link?

MH actually posted her photo & when & where she would be on some website? Do you have a link?

Yes, for sure, WALKER. I think, IIRC, it was facebook related (perhaps).. or ...

oh, man.... WADDLES HELP ME OUT HERE. I distinctly remember you and I discussing that issue. But I dont have the link off the top of my addled head. However, for what it's worth, I am POSITIVE that i saw it.

I remember b/c, for one thing - although she has many beautiful pix, this one she had posted was outstanding and I recall feeling disturbed by the publication of such exact info regarding where she'd be and when... exactly... for any freak perv maniac to read; But then I'm a neurotic ("neurotic"-obsolete word fallen out of professional use heh) Im a self proclaimed fudd, so IDK.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member