Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to what my fellow Web Sleuthers think! Do you guys fell Morgan was killed where she was found, or was she placed there after the fact? I go back and forth with this one....
I believe she was dumped there after she was killed, by someone very familiar with the property and knowing she wouldn't be found, at least not for a while. That is, however, assuming it was a 'soft kill' such as strangulation rather than a stabbing, gunshot wound, etc. MOO

Look at the heat the friends have recieved due to their silence - and how easy it would be for Dr. Harrington or LE to release a statement - to remove that heat from the friends.

To leave one's own party can be extremely offensive to the guests. In a sense, MH was the "hostess" of her companions that night, since her father paid for the tickets. Of course, people do vary in their particular sensitivities, but the companions may have been quite insulted immediately after MHs unexplained disappearance that evening. Therefore, their initial response to the situation may have been less than forthright.

Here is a poem by her mother:
http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

Morgan, Music Fan

Our girl wanted to go out and dance
Didn’t know she took such a chance
Just wanted to be part of the scene ...

A poem should not be taken literally, but one wonders exactly what scene that she wanted to be part of? Could there have been some particular dance club or event in Charlottesville where she esp. wanted to be?

Some details suggest a crime of extreme passion: the pocketbook found with its contents strewn about the ground (possibly tossed out the window of a vehicle in the heat of an argument); the body left uncovered in a grassy field; clothes & jewelry left behind at the scene ... Sounds more like an ex-BF than a calculating stranger.

If it weren't for the necessity of someone driving her to AF, and the extreme unlikelihood that she would want to be at AF alone at night; my suspicion would be that she had been attacked by a bear. Kidnapping gone wrong? Victim accidently killed by a bear?

Just seems more likely to me that the perp was someone who at least knew who she was than a total stranger.

i hope someone would be able to tell us.i have never been to jpj arena.i am wondering if it states on the ticket that there is no readmittance.maybe someone at wbsl would be able to tell us?who has been there.

BBM. This has been confirmed as a fact?

The man she confronted & grabbed his arm with "let's go" did an interview with? to confirm the encounter..It wasn't right away & I don't recall if it was in print or video but it did happen.

The man she confronted & grabbed his arm with "let's go" did an interview with? to confirm the encounter..It wasn't right away & I don't recall if it was in print or video but it did happen.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...fore-hitching-morgan-harrington-caused-worry/

Quote from the above:

Outside the Arena, another concertgoer says, he was on the southeast side of the building waiting for late-arriving friends to meet him around 9pm when he heard a “commotion” at an entrance.
“It was some shouting,” says the 44-year-old man who’d traveled from Fredericksburg to Charlottesville and who asked not to be identified because of the high profile nature of the case. Moments after the shouting stopped, he says that a young woman with long blond hair and dressed all in black— including, he says, a black Pantera t-shirt like the one Morgan was reportedly wearing— approached him, put her arm out, bent, as though to walk arm in arm with him, and said, “Let’s go.”
“It seemed somewhat aggressive,” he says.
Waiting for his friends and concerned that her behavior seemed “unusual,” he says, he declined and turned to walk away. The young woman responded, he says, by cursing at him and kicking him.
“It wasn’t that hard,” he says of the kick, but it was disturbing enough that he immediately called his girlfriend to relate the encounter.
“She told me I should call the police and report her,” he says. “Now I wish I had.” The concertgoer, who now believes the commotion he heard was Morgan being denied re-entry to the Arena, says he reported the encounter to police on Monday, October 19, when he learned of the disappearance. Police have confirmed that Morgan ended up outside the Arena sometime around 8:20pm and made multiple attempts to re-enter. Security at the 16,000-seat facility is outsourced to RMC Events, a Richmond-based firm with a Charlottesville office. Company President Dan Schmitt has declined comment, referring questions to Arena management, who have also declined comment.

What did the 44 year old man say was going on with Morgan to prompt her to walk to him and say "lets go?" Was she being harassed by someone, was she just mad cause she had words with security trying to get back in, or what? I thought I had read somewhere about it, but cannot remember.

Yes. It happens when you are trying to get away from someone you may grab a stranger and act like you are with him. Someone posted something along the lines of what I just said.

he reported this to the police?
well, remember how some poeple that kill help search for the "lost", wonder if he really has something to hide and he is making up a story about his actuall encounter w/ her????? makes you wonder
bluestarzzz

he reported this to the police?
well, remember how some poeple that kill help search for the "lost", wonder if he really has something to hide and he is making up a story about his actuall encounter w/ her????? makes you wonder
bluestarzzz

Or wanted to account for anyone seeing him with Morgan.

or just wanted to have 5 minutes of fame...It is sad to know, that if all the sightings of MH are true,there are a lot more people who could have helped than just the friends.There are at least 8 people that said they saw her, and then she still had the 3 friends inside...so sad that she is gone and all the hind sight can not change that.
I don't know why the test that could pick up the perps dna would take that long to process.
If they found skin,under her nails,it wouldn't take that long to process it for a sample.I am sure they have run any samples they have, but the perp is either not registered as a violator. They have checked all the SO's in the area, I am sure. I believe they are waiting on a tox screen to see if GHB or some other date rape drug was used.

WHAT if ................. all the friends left when MH did...they went to a party..got seperated..(she wanted to stay--they didn't)the friends ,make up the story about waiting after the concert(not wanting to point a finger at the persons at the party)...they drove back leaving her partying..at some party known to all of them..
They drive home,figuring to hook up with M the next day...(dad calls)
They know of the people who were there, they are all friends,everyone says they don;t know what happened.
Not wanting LE or parents to know of drugs,partying etc..they cover for each other....
There could be a lot of money at stake,Thousands of dollars..reputations..etc
If you are somewhere, you are not supposed to be..and something happens...you witness anything...can you talk about it? NO.. you weren't supposed to be there,in the first place.
I think the H's know there's a lot more to it than what the friends are saying.
Maybe it goes back to the old saying"if You can't tell the truth,then be quiet"
Maybe it's just as well they remain silent..because I think what they are saying has only shades of truth.

Here's hoping they do find something from these tests. Over on another site I found a post where someone had been in touch with Rader and that he had said they have found many pieces of the puzzle. So that's comforting to know http://www.topix.net/forum/source/nbc29/TJ65HOPEE8EHBS1TI#lastPost

I agree with that very last sentence about the friends. This is so mysterious from the very start and the friends clearly know things we don't. However they were seen waiting at the car and I had an email from Dee S who wrote to thank me and others for removing video supposedly of Morgan but confirmed to be DS - she stated she met up with the friends after the end of the concert just outside and they had said they were missing one of their party. So I do believe that much is true -that they were actually all there until the end.

Morgan is not missing anymore..everyone that knew her knows what happened to her by now...the statements from her parents and the silence..STILL from her closest friends gives me the impression that they have someone in mind. I just hope the evidence recovered puts the person or persons away forever...again I say..NOT lethal injection instead Automatic Organ Donation...let something good come from these people on death row...I"m tired of feeding CHARLIE.

If this man reported it the very next morning, he may have been telling the truth, the memory would have been fresh and perhaps whoever he was with verified the story. If it was Morgan, maybe she thought she could use him to walk back inside with. Or maybe the interaction was caught on tape and they could see that she and he did not stay together more than a moment? I am just guessing, but it seems that mose of the alleged sightings were called in much later than the next day, which to me seem less likely to be real. I am guessing this man was ruled out but did possibly see her.

There is a great deal of concern by one individual over on the family’s forum as to whether or not this case will ever be solved. In reply to this concern Dr. Harrington writes this today; Note how he says that “we are now in a phase that is very important to LE”. In other words (maybe), LE has all they need but just have to be certain that they do everything right. They will have only one chance to build and present to the DA an airtight case. Like the old saying goes, “patience is a virtue”. I firmly believe that is the case here.

Today, 12:13 PM
Morgan's Dad
Senior Member Join Date: Nov 2009

I understand that answers do not always come as quickly as we would like, for example, waiting 101 days for our precious Morgan to be found by happenstance. Does that mean that all the efforte we put into finding Morgan were wasted? I believe not. Through all thedr psdt 4 months, look at how a group of people have come together to care as a community, look how many people have expressed how Morgan's being taken have changed their lives.

I believe we are now in a phase that is very important that LE do their thing very carefully and methodically. We want this BG put away. I too wish we had an arrest the day Morgan was found but God and Morgan work in mysterious ways. This will come to light; it may not be in our timeframe.

Gil and I are appreciatve of your continued support and it humbles us that so many people we don't even know pray, search and sleuth to find Morgan's killer(s). I also understand that people have limits. For those folk, thank you for what you have done to help us.

Gratefully,
Dan Harrington

Link here;
Losing Hope - Remember Morgan Harrington

call me skeptic..but I discount "all" the witnesses...it was a large crowd..there were tons of girls that could have passed for her, in hind sight
Anyone who truly knew Morgan would have known something was wrong..she was supposed to be inside at the concert....
I think someone who knew her and saw her walking would have stopped and helped her..but may be that is what happened..someone she thought she knew....

What did the 44 year old man say was going on with Morgan to prompt her to walk to him and say "lets go?" Was she being harassed by someone, was she just mad cause she had words with security trying to get back in, or what? I thought I had read somewhere about it, but cannot remember.

Could she have mistaken him for someone else?

I attended an event at the John Paul Jones Arena this week and at intermission the announcer said something along the lines of "now is the time to get snacks, buy merchandise, stretch, and go outside to get some fresh air". I was shocked. This person was part of the show and not a JPJA employee, so I guess he was unaware of the arena wide no re-entry policy...but nobody corrected him! I kept waiting for someone to come back and mention "oh by the way if you go outside we won't let you back in" but no one did. I didn't see any signs indicating there was no re-entry either.

Was this a concert? I'm just wondering if there are different rules for different type events?

Two questions/thoughts:

I asked (but of course, it was at the very end of the last thread!) if the owner of Anchorage Farms will get any/all of the reward.

I think the guy that Morgan came up to outside to link arms was a jerk. If he's in his 40s and has a wife/girlfriend, he should have been able to at least think enough to ask if she was OK, instead of 'freaking out' and then calling his lady to see if he should call the police because Morgan went after him. Very odd to me ... if that happened to my husband, I'd like to think he would have his radar on and be sure she was in an OK place (in more ways than one). MOO!

I think the story is bs..I just can't imagine my husband "calling me if some girl approached him and tried to grab his arm" just sounds to crazy for me. What was he doing there? I think some of the witnesses ,were either mistaken or because it was a high profile case, they wanted to be part of it.
I think MH either thought she knew the person..either through a friend..or it is one of her friends.I believe the H's have a good idea who it is. I hope they catch them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024