Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this was actually established, at first through witness testimonies and later by LE. I have yet to take a look at the blog, I'll look at home tonight :)

Without one of her direct friends saying what she was doing; or a tox screen; who knows what's been said or proven?

In the blog I do have an article with the guy from NJ that said he thought she was impaired; but that's just his opinion.

Anyone have any ideas about where Morgan was killed?

Hypothetically...If Morgan got into the car with someone at 9:30ish, do you think she was brought to the farm then? Killed there?

I'm wondering if she was taken and killed someplace else and dumped on the farm later that night. 10:00ish seems too early for her killer to chance getting caught. The vehicle would have been parked somewhere that it may have been noticed. Also, early enough that people in the area may not be sleeping yet.

Thoughts? TIA

I think she walked in on her own.

Hard line for us parents.We trust our kids.It's the other people we worry about.We want to protect them and let them live their own lives. I feel it was random.

I think her parents knew or suspected what she did; I know I have my feelings about my kids. They said she wasn't perfect or something like that.. they knew..

Also, let me say, again, this does not make Morgan a bad person. I myself was a wild child; my dad reminded me (laughing) on his deathbed because I'm so different now.

Sorry..that is not supported again because they could NOT call her, she could apparently not call them....the phone was not working...she made ONE call to her friends and then tried to get back in, she did not/could not call them so there was NO way they could "bring money out to her" for a scalper's ticket

there is again NO way they could "meet her at the gate and give her the keys"...they would need to know which gate, where, and she did NOT call them back

How was it established exactly what time her phone stopped working? I don't recall seeing anything definite.

As far as talking on the phone; I'm surprised she didn't just text because that's what we do when we go to places like the mall because of how hard it is to hear.

as far as the "meeting someone">>?> unless it was a drug dealer I don't buy that idea either...Morgan wanted to see Metallica, wanted to see the concert...there is no way she would miss it to meet some mysterious guy...

When I was a teen I was going to see Andy Gibb.. there was nothing that would stop me from seeing him.. but I didn't go in to see him when I got there; don't recall why but I didn't.

why would she have to do that anyhow?? She was not a child, she lived on HER OWN IN AN APARTMENT>...while close to her family she was not under their thumb, she could meet this "mystery man" that people speak of anytime, anywhere, why would she miss a concert for him?? I don't buy it sorry

What if say, she was seeing a married man? She may not tell her friends at 1st. Friends don't know everything about a person. We all have secrets. I'm not saying this is what happened because I don't think it's what happened. I think this was random.

While the friends have been close lipped with the media, they have no doubt given LE all they know..which is not much..dragging them in further only complicates their futures (my guess is that the girls were drinking underage and maybe doing some drugs party party)

Complicates their futures? Their friend is dead; they are lucky to have a future.

plus who even knows many phone numbers anymore?? they are all stored in our cell phones

Yup, we'd all be lost without our phones.

then I think that she was approached and offered a ride and with the combined situation she made a fatal mistake and accepted that ride...
I would bet the guy was pretty nice looking, seemed harmless, may have known mutual friends, or talked a good game ...

Either a nice looking man; older guy that did not look to be a problem or a woman.

There have been some reports that she went to the pay phone at the convenience store..more proof to me that the phone was NOT working, the battery was dropped....today if one finds a rare antique pay phone it may not be working or may be complicated...plus who even knows many phone numbers anymore?? they are all stored in our cell phones

Thanks, Logic. Your scenario definitely makes the most sense by eliminating all the unnecessary riff-raff and confusion.

I have a question: what is the source of this pay phone at convenience store information? Was it the 7-11 on Ivy Road you are referring to?

SNIPPED....

A few other thoughts:

There have been rumors/talk of a party at a hotel/motel beforehand and that they were all going to stay at a local place that night...much easier to imagine getting a ride to a local hotel/crash pad than to Blacksburg/Roanoke/Harrisonburg, but that only "works" if we believe that the friends didn't wait around for awhile afterward that night and then drive back to H'burg (why would they do that if they were staying locally?) or that they did so because they needed MH's share of the room cost and couldn't swing it otherwise. And with her possible financial issues anyway, that seems less likely.

Crozet has also been mentioned as possibly relevant (party before/crash after), and it's only about 12 miles from Charlottesville.

Re: designated driver. Saw claim that MH was studying for math test during drive to JPJ, so may have been more innocent than partying it up (at least at that time).

So all this leaves 1) someone she knew who also knew AF location intimately enough to do this (most unlikely, imho), 2) someone she didn't know who looked trustworthy (VA Tech hat or sweatshirt, young and good-looking, nice car, Bonnaroo t-shirt, tie-dye, small and meek, whatever) and knew the AF location, and is a first-timer at this (escalation scenario or partying gone bad), or 3) someone she didn't know, who didn't necessarily look trustworthy, but blitz-attack abducted her, and, knew the AF location.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it's helpful.

BBM - Where was Crozet mentioned? Do you have a link? If not, what was said about this location? TIA

Without one of her direct friends saying what she was doing; or a tox screen; who knows what's been said or proven?

In the blog I do have an article with the guy from NJ that said he thought she was impaired; but that's just his opinion.

I think she walked in on her own.

I think her parents knew or suspected what she did; I know I have my feelings about my kids. They said she wasn't perfect or something like that.. they knew..

Also, let me say, again, this does not make Morgan a bad person. I myself was a wild child; my dad reminded me (laughing) on his deathbed because I'm so different now.

How was it established exactly what time her phone stopped working? I don't recall seeing anything definite.

As far as talking on the phone; I'm surprised she didn't just text because that's what we do when we go to places like the mall because of how hard it is to hear.

When I was a teen I was going to see Andy Gibb.. there was nothing that would stop me from seeing him.. but I didn't go in to see him when I got there; don't recall why but I didn't.

What if say, she was seeing a married man? She may not tell her friends at 1st. Friends don't know everything about a person. We all have secrets. I'm not saying this is what happened because I don't think it's what happened. I think this was random.

Complicates their futures? Their friend is dead; they are lucky to have a future.

Yup, we'd all be lost without our phones.

Either a nice looking man; older guy that did not look to be a problem or a woman.

I'm very sorry you missed Andy.:angel:

I remember a few times I went and had tickets to concerts (Molly Hatchet,Billy Squire,The police) that I never went inside. Drinking.

Being a local, and a UVA student, I can clear a few things up, or at least try to.

First off, if her purse was left in the RV lot by her or the perp:
-UVA has a strict Honor Code of no lying, cheating or stealing
If the lot as being used by students for overflow parking, which it is during events at the JPJ, no student would have taken it. At UVA you will go on trial and possibly get expelled from school, which no one here is willing to do. So a student wouldn't have taken the purse if it was just sitting there. With this being said, I don't find it hard to believe that it could have been left there all night without being touched.

Second, the police situation that night at JPJ
-I pointed out in a much earlier thread about an officer coming to my business (which I work within eyesight of the bridge) asking for any tapes we might have. (even though it was 2 weeks after she was missing).
Being so close to the JPJ, I can confirm that before and after events there are plenty of UVA officers around the arena - directing traffic, making sure everyone is safe, etc. Now DURING the event, there are usually only a few officers around, mostly patrolling parking lots. I even asked the officer that came by my business if this was still the case during this particular event, and he confirmed that there were only about 2 officers on duty DURING the event outside of the arena.
I can say though, from experience, UVA officers are very alert when it comes to events at the JPJ. I feel if someone appeared intoxicated, stumbling, or in danger, they would have noticed if they were around her.

I hope this all helps.

Being a local, and a UVA student, I can clear a few things up, or at least try to.

First off, if her purse was left in the RV lot by her or the perp:
If the lot as being used by students for overflow parking, which it is during events at the JPJ, no student would have taken it. At UVA you will go on trial and possibly get expelled from school, which no one here is willing to do. So a student wouldn't have taken the purse if it was just sitting there. With this being said, I don't find it hard to believe that it could have been left there all night without being touched.

Second, the police situation that night at JPJ
-I pointed out in a much earlier thread about an officer coming to my business (which I work within eyesight of the bridge) asking for any tapes we might have. (even though it was 2 weeks after she was missing).
Being so close to the JPJ, I can confirm that before and after events there are plenty of UVA officers around the arena - directing traffic, making sure everyone is safe, etc. Now DURING the event, there are usually only a few officers around, mostly patrolling parking lots. I even asked the officer that came by my business if this was still the case during this particular event, and he confirmed that there were only about 2 officers on duty DURING the event outside of the arena.
I can say though, from experience, UVA officers are very alert when it comes to events at the JPJ. I feel if someone appeared intoxicated, stumbling, or in danger, they would have noticed if they were around her.

I hope this all helps.

BBM.....
That is a good policy and ideal for a university to portray for itself....but it seems that numerous thefts and crimes occur there on a daily basis, just as they do everywhere else.

http://www.ucrime.com/va/university+of+virginia

IN FACT.....a number of arrests occurred at JPJ arena the night of the concert, it seems, and an assault occurred at Lannigan Field on October 20......

jmoo

BBM - Where was Crozet mentioned? Do you have a link? If not, what was said about this location? TIA

You know, I've read so much about this in so many places (though mostly on here), but I think it was on the FB page, and the reference was some link to SS, one of the nine friends, and probably some early rumors. There was some "Crozet play" on another site that I can't reference here, too, iirc.

I've read speculation/rumors that more than one car drove from JMU, via Crozet, to JPJ, perhaps leaving a car in Crozet.

There was an unconfirmed MH sighting at a Crozet market at 11:30 or so that night.

But given it's just rumors/speculation I was probably wrong to throw that into my post, so I apologize (same with the Wiccans reference probably)...it's just so little is known and any thread seems worth pursuing, if at all reasonable, and I was trying to get my head around it.

I'd like to ponder this notion of a blitz attack.

If it was a blitz attack, and the purse was just left there during the scuffle then:

Why didn't MH jump out the car, knowing she was in serious danger??
-Was she so inebriated that she could not?
-Was she punched?
-Did he have a gun or weapon pointed at her?
-Was he actually experienced in abduction and the vehicle was rigged to not allow exit? (I doubt this.)
- Did he have an accomplice?

Most likely if MH knew she had to fight for her life, she would jump out, even if she was totally trashed.

Would there have been a stop sign or two before they hit the open road on Rt. 29?

If he had a gun or knife that could have deterred her from jumping.

OR, was the attack not blitz-style after all, and she felt comfortable until they got out off town. (I'm kind of leaning towards this, as perp probably would not want to cause a scene in a populated area.)

She could have been given a water or gatorade and put something in it.

This link....same one I posted above, is actually quite interesting. It shows that there were numerous arrests at JPJ Arena that night DURING the exact time that Morgan was reportedly wandering around the area in a drunken state. These arrests are listed as DIP which I assume are for Drunk in Public?????? Why, then, were there LE at the arena arresting people for this and none of them had contact with Morgan?

jmoo

Respectfully snipped:

-Was he actually experienced in abduction and the vehicle was rigged to not allow exit? (I doubt this.)

While that may not quite be plausible - that the vehicle was rigged...

Give this some thought. If it was a 4 door vehicle - a lot of vehicles are equipped with the child safety lock for the back door - meaning if it is engaged then no one in the back seat can open the door from the inside. The door can only be opened from the outside.

BBM.....
That is a good policy and ideal for a university to portray for itself....but it seems that numerous thefts and crimes occur there on a daily basis, just as they do everywhere else.

IN FACT.....a number of arrests occurred at JPJ arena the night of the concert, it seems, and an assault occurred at Lannigan Field on October 20......

jmoo

Oh I agree, I'm not saying that crimes don't happen in the area. I was just trying to clarify, that if the RV lot was being used for student overflow parking, it's not unlikely that none of the students there would have just left the purse a lone. As for everyone else around at the time, who knows?

I do find it odd though that so many arrests were made, but no sign of Morgan at that time.

respectfully snipped by me :)

This was also stated by LE, I believe based on friend and witness statements. But yes I agree it cannot be proven!

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stor...cohol-prior-to-disappearance-eyewitnesses-say

well there was the question why friends lawyered up.and as i said to keep from incriminating themselves.

Do you have a link to where it has been stated in any sort of reliable manner that the friends have retained lawyers? I have not, some people have questioned whether they did but only as an explanation for their media silence, but I haven't even heard someone unreliably state that they had retained attorneys. Maybe I missed it.

How long does it take for a medical examiner to look at a high profile case and come up with something...
If she was a hit and run..bones could possibly be broken and would show impact...
If strangulation...or od that would be weeks depending on test that would take time to process..
If gunshot..bullet
If a knife...possibly scars left on the bones..
Why have they not said something?

The exact manner of death is often used as a way to verify people confessing or people calling in tips about what someone told them, or maybe even what they saw. There is imo really no reason for the information to be made public. There could also be legal issue with bias the jurry pool etc.

Do you have a link to where it has been stated in any sort of reliable manner that the friends have retained lawyers? I have not, some people question whether they did but as an explanation for their media silence, but I have even heard someone unreliably state that they had retained attorneys. Maybe I missed it.

I have not seen anything saying they have lawyers. I think because they were not telling their story to every media outlet in the US....people assumed they were guilty and/or were instructed by lawyers to keep quiet.

Thanks for the info! Also i really respect that you take this code so seriously the world would be better if more people took these type of thing more seriously. But reality is, at least from my experience, is that this is saddly not the case. As far as getting explelled etc. people never think they will get caught or that it won't happen to me.

Look that the military acadimies people are regularly caught breaking the honor code and there is even more at stake there than for a UVA student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member