Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, for sure, WALKER. I think, IIRC, it was facebook related (perhaps).. or ...

oh, man.... WADDLES HELP ME OUT HERE. I distinctly remember you and I discussing that issue. But I dont have the link off the top of my addled head. However, for what it's worth, I am POSITIVE that i saw it.

I remember b/c, for one thing - although she has many beautiful pix, this one she had posted was outstanding and I recall feeling disturbed by the publication of such exact info regarding where she'd be and when... exactly... for any freak perv maniac to read; But then I'm a neurotic ("neurotic"-obsolete word fallen out of professional use heh) Im a self proclaimed fudd, so IDK.

moo
I bet the page has been locked or taken down (I'd hope LE would have done so). It also goes to my theory that somehow, he "knew" her.

ETA: you mention the photo you saw... can you describe it? Was it a photo or a webcam shot?

http://www.facebook.com/Metallica

On Metallica's page, you can click "events" and then click "view guest list". Lists everyone who RSVP'd the specific concert, with their photos and links to their facebook page. I wonder if LE has scoured those who responded (even those who said 'maybe' or 'declined').

Yes, for sure, WALKER. I think, IIRC, it was facebook related (perhaps).. or ...

oh, man.... WADDLES HELP ME OUT HERE. I distinctly remember you and I discussing that issue. But I dont have the link off the top of my addled head. However, for what it's worth, I am POSITIVE that i saw it.

I remember b/c, for one thing - although she has many beautiful pix, this one she had posted was outstanding and I recall feeling disturbed by the publication of such exact info regarding where she'd be and when... exactly... for any freak perv maniac to read; But then I'm a neurotic ("neurotic"-obsolete word fallen out of professional use heh) Im a self proclaimed fudd, so IDK.

moo

I'm coming late to this part of the discussion, but I think I recognize what you may be talking about. On Facebook, anyone can post an event page ("Open House at XYZ," "Concert by ABC in Charlottesville," etc.) and then invite other people on Facebook (all of one's Facebook Friends, for example).

The invitees can respond that they are coming, that they may be coming, or that they won't be coming. They also can decline to respond and chose to "ignore" the invitation, in which case the entry drops from the screen they see when they sign on.

The point is, if I answer with any of the first three responses, my response is posted on the event's page, along with the "profile" picture I have as my current choice on my Facebook profile (and if I subsequently change that, my picture on the event response listing automatically changes as well.)

Finally, once the event date has passed, links to it drop out of sight throughout Facebook (although I think the page itself may continue to be available, for a while at least, to anyone who has the page address.)

Hope this helps (and if I have any of this wrong, I invite corrections).

I'm coming late to this part of the discussion, but I think I recognize what you may be talking about. On Facebook, anyone can post an event page ("Open House at XYZ," "Concert by ABC in Charlottesville," etc.) and then invite other people on Facebook (all of one's Facebook Friends, for example).

The invitees can respond that they are coming, that they may be coming, or that they won't be coming. They also can decline to respond and chose to "ignore" the invitation, in which case the entry drops from the screen they see when they sign on.

The point is, if I answer with any of the first three responses, my response is posted on the event's page, along with the "profile" picture I have as my current choice on my Facebook profile (and if I subsequently change that, my picture on the event response listing automatically changes as well.)

Finally, once the event date has passed, links to it drop out of sight throughout Facebook (although I think the page itself may continue to be available, for a while at least, to anyone who has the page address.)

Hope this helps (and if I have any of this wrong, I invite corrections).

I think you are right with the points of your post, and if you go to the link Calliope provided, you can see that Metallica itself set up such a page. You can go to events, and at the bottom click on older ones. The C'ville show is on page 3, iirc.

One could then search yesses, nos, maybes, and haven't yet answereds, though in my cursory check I saw no names of interest, nor for that matter very many C'ville, UVa, Va Tech, JMU, or Lord Botetort (sp?...high school) affiliates.

I believe Gil mentions JFK,JL,MLK ..because they were all senseless murders..I believe she is also referring to the media blitz about the case.
There could be deeper meanings..
conspiracy (could include friends also the riddle close but being pushed away).
All were shot.... could mean M was shot?
all were killed by a single shooter....M killed by a single person
or it could be as simple as ..
all were very meaningful,important people ..M was one of the most important people to her...

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I was just wondering...

Has it been verified (through friends or witnesses) that Morgan carried her purse into the concert arena when they arrived and that she had it when she went back outside?

Sorry if it's been said already, but there are a lot of posts to read through. Anyways I don't believe that anyone that saw her post or whatever it was about going to the concert stalked her there. I say this because she was with a group of people so how or when would this person get the opportunity to do anything to Morgan? There is a reason why she left the safety of the arena and her friends that night and imo finding out that is the start of finding out what happened to her. I think she, for whatever reason, left the arena and couldn't get back in and a man or men or heck maybe even a young guy and his gf took advantage of her being alone. Maybe it was someone asking for directions and when she leaned in to look at a map they grabbed her and this is how her purse got left there. Otherwise if she had her purse with her why not dump it with her body or in a garbage somewhere? How frustrating is it that the person(s) responsible are sitting someone alive and well and knowing that so far they've gotten away with murder while everyone else is left throwing out theories and guesses as to what happened. I hope someone close to this creep has noticed a change in them since Morgan was found. Sleep changes, behaviour changes. Anything really. I hope they decide to just let someone know of their suspicions because one maybe it was someone I know type thing could snowball into finding this monster.

I apologize if this has been answered already, but I was just wondering...

Has it been verified (through friends or witnesses) that Morgan carried her purse into the concert arena when they arrived and that she had it when she went back outside?

Morgan was reportedly wearing her purse (it could be worn as a backpack) as she walked through UHall parking lot (so presumably, since it has been reported she didn't have her car keys, she also had it while inside the arena and outside its perimeter, unless she had left it somewhere else, or it was confiscated or something).

But I don't recall ever seeing any information on whether she had it while engaging in the brief interaction in the Lannigan Field/R.V. parking lot, nor while hitchhiking, or if she had already left it/lost it/dropped it/forgotten it after setting it down there.

How the purse ended up in Lannigan Field lot (left by Morgan, lost in struggle, thrown out at the time of entry to a vehicle or shortly thereafter, or returned to the scene) remains speculative.

Morgan was reportedly wearing her purse (it could be worn as a backpack) as she walked through UHall parking lot (so presumably, since it has been reported she didn't have her car keys, she also had it while inside the arena and outside its perimeter, unless she had left it somewhere else, or it was confiscated or something).

But I don't recall ever seeing any information on whether she had it while engaging in the brief interaction in the Lannigan Field/R.V. parking lot, nor while hitchhiking, or if she had already left it/lost it/dropped it/forgotten it after setting it down there.

How the purse ended up in Lannigan Field lot (left by Morgan, lost in struggle, thrown out at the time of entry to a vehicle or shortly thereafter, or returned to the scene) remains speculative.
So as far as you know, that's the only report from anyone of Morgan having her purse with her, and that was after becoming stranded outside?

Morgan was reportedly wearing her purse (it could be worn as a backpack) as she walked through UHall parking lot ...

Do you have a link? Also, lots of the witness testimony as presented in the media seems less than solid. She most probably did in fact still have her pocketbook as she walked through the UHall parking lot, but we don't know it for a fact.

Do you have a link? Also, lots of the witness testimony as presented in the media seems less than solid. She most probably did in fact still have her pocketbook as she walked through the UHall parking lot, but we don't know it for a fact.

Here's one link:

http://www.virginia.edu/uvatoday/newsRelease.php?id=10167

It's part of the LE time line between 9:00 and 9:10...that's all I was going on in responding to the question of whether it was known if she had her purse. I may have mis-remembered that she was wearing it as a backpack, but it seems she had it at least. ETA: unless the black purse she was seen with wasn't hers.

Quoting from that time line:

9-9:10: Witnesses saw her, carrying a black purse, walking through the University Hall parking area. No one can confirm that she was with anyone in particular, but she was around other people.

On another board, someone suggested that the perp(s) are playing word games: 1. the word "anchorage" might mean something to him/them, or suggest that the body has been "anchored down;" 2. the name Bass is associated with research on forensic science. The name Bass is not unusual, and the Bass family of AF is not believed to be any relation.

http://crime-scene-processing.suite101.com/article.cfm/forensic_anthropology

Could not be a just a coincidence. This murder was not merely the mad impulse of totally crazed & brutish stranger.

Are there any other names around the immediate area that might have meaning?

The latitude & longitude of the location of the body might also be symbolic: the latitude & longitude of Anchorage Farm itself according to the following site is 37.983631,-78.610791.

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

or roughly 38-79.

Could be code for a date that only means something to them; for example, March 8, 1979? Someone's birthday? Some event? Perhaps some event known locally.

On another board, someone suggested that the perp(s) are playing word games:

[respectfully snipped]

The latitude & longitude of the location of the body might also be symbolic: the latitude & longitude of Anchorage Farm itself according to the following site is 37.983631,-78.610791.

or roughly 38-79.

Could be code for a date that only means something to them; for example, March 8, 1979? Someone's birthday? Some event? Perhaps some event known locally.

Nothing came up for me on a search of that date with Charlottesville news or events, and the things that come up in a more general date search seem a reach at best:

http://www.brainyhistory.com/years/1979.html

March 8 1st extraterrestrial volcano discovered on Io, a satellite of Jupiter
March 8 5th People's Choice Awards
March 8 China withdraws invasion troops from Vietnam
March 8 Shuttle Columbia (OV-102) transported 38 miles overland from Palmdale

A FB search for March 8, 1979 returned no people results, but lots of web results...not sure that would pick up someone's birthday, but I figured it was worth a shot.

On another board, someone suggested that the perp(s) are playing word games: 1. the word "anchorage" might mean something to him/them, or suggest that the body has been "anchored down;" 2. the name Bass is associated with research on forensic science. The name Bass is not unusual, and the Bass family of AF is not believed to be any relation.

http://crime-scene-processing.suite101.com/article.cfm/forensic_anthropology

Could not be a just a coincidence. This murder was not merely the mad impulse of totally crazed & brutish stranger.

Are there any other names around the immediate area that might have meaning?

or roughly 38-79.

March 8 1979 – Philips demonstrates Compact Disc publicly for the first time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_8

We don't seem to be hearing anything further about Morgan or her murder...I am so sad for her family-my heart is broken for them. I wish something, anything, would break so they could rest easy knowing that the monster who did this atrocity to that beautiful girl who had her whole life to live has come to the justice he so rightly deserves...

Well it is JMO....but the idea that someone choose Anchorage Farms to "anchor" her down etc is way too complicated LOL

Very far fetched

we don't know all that LE knows...nor should we...this is not an armchair mystery or Agatha Christie or a game of "Clue". I don't think that Colonel Mustard did it in the Library.

I hope it is "solved" soon for her family but I don't word games will be the answer

Once again...look for the simplest solution...in 99.9% of the cases here that is the answer....it is isn't hard to see that.

Most likely : she took a ride with a semi stranger/friendly cute stranger/semi known guy.....who turned out to be a creep who forced himelf on her....she fought back and probably also afterwards he knew she could identify him and he killed her....he is probably familiar with the area and he took her body to Anchorage Farms

I feel pretty certain he was not playing word games and leaving clever "clues"...JMO

Well it is JMO....but the idea that someone choose Anchorage Farms to "anchor" her down etc is way too complicated LOL

Very far fetched

we don't know all that LE knows...nor should we...this is not an armchair mystery or Agatha Christie or a game of "Clue". I don't think that Colonel Mustard did it in the Library.

I hope it is "solved" soon for her family but I don't word games will be the answer

Once again...look for the simplest solution...in 99.9% of the cases here that is the answer....it is isn't hard to see that.

Most likely : she took a ride with a semi stranger/friendly cute stranger/semi known guy.....who turned out to be a creep who forced himelf on her....she fought back and probably also afterwards he knew she could identify him and he killed her....he is probably familiar with the area and he took her body to Anchorage Farms

I feel pretty certain he was not playing word games and leaving clever "clues"...JMO

We finally agree on something. LOL Clue was always a fun game.:blushing:
Although, it is good to exercise one’s mind.

I'm sorry, I don't see it being the simplest solution. If that were the case the perp would have already been arrested.

I don't think Col. Mustard did it in the library either...however it seems there's a bit more to this than someone killing a young lady and dumping her on a farm.

Lots of killers leave "calling cards" if you will. Lots of killers are cryptic and who knows why they do some of the things they do.

This case is anything but simple and the simplest answers haven't brought any conclusions. JMHO.

i would have to believe someone knows something.with the amount of the reward and no one talking it makes me wonder.does the one person who knows something in fear of there life from this same perp or perps?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l