Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, i honestly don't think the 2 murders are related. Just goes to show that nowhere is safe and horrible things can happen anywhere.
Also from this article, it seems that there are a lot of rapes on campus of UVA that have been downplayed by the college:

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...ngton-yeardley-connected-by-location-outrage/

Thank you for posting the article, MeoW333. It seems to be a common practice for a lot of colleges to keep quiet about the numerous rapes happening on campus. They certainly don't want to deter or jeopardize losing anyone from attending their school.

Ariel - yes it was mentioned that the reason no one has come forward for the reward of $150,000 is because $150,000 doesn't really mean anything to them/they don't need it - because they have much more than $150,000. I'm not sure if LE brought that up or who.

I don't think LE brought that up at all. Can you find a link?

$150K doesn't mean much to who - the murderer obviously isn't going to turn him/herself in; they won't get the reward.

It's more likely that this was done by one, maybe two, people, and since they won't collect any money, why talk?

A reward doesn't mean much to .....rich kids, who wouldn't need the money and would have everything to lose by any involvement at all, even just knowing something about it.

A reward doesn't mean much to .....rich kids, who wouldn't need the money and would have everything to lose by any involvement at all, even just knowing something about it.

I have said that from the beginning...there are a lot of people surrounding MH that had a lot to lose..just the stain from being anywhere or having anything to do with MH could tarnish a bright future for some of these kids.
I don't believe it would have harmed them to tell the truth...but I believe they thought it would cause a lot of headaches and I believe they left her in the field..and made a pact not to mention anything relating to that nite..
When is the medical examiner releasing anything??anyone know?

I don't think LE brought that up at all. Can you find a link?

$150K doesn't mean much to who - the murderer obviously isn't going to turn him/herself in; they won't get the reward.

It's more likely that this was done by one, maybe two, people, and since they won't collect any money, why talk?

The people around the murderer who may be privy to info (including if the killer had help which is very possible, IMO) are not talking in order to get the money. $150,000- a huge sum; these people already come from wealth.
If the killer had any help, any family or friends who know about what happened, they aren't coming forward out of moral obligation or for the money.

The people around the murderer who may be privy to info (including if the killer had help which is very possible, IMO) are not talking in order to get the money. $150,000- a huge sum; these people already come from wealth.

You are assuming that other people know who the murderer is. That's a big assumption. Do we have any proof of that?

I doubt anyone who helped the killer would see any reward money. Look at the people who helped the cop killer out here in Washington.

I have said that from the beginning...there are a lot of people surrounding MH that had a lot to lose..just the stain from being anywhere or having anything to do with MH could tarnish a bright future for some of these kids.
I don't believe it would have harmed them to tell the truth...but I believe they thought it would cause a lot of headaches and I believe they left her in the field..and made a pact not to mention anything relating to that nite..
When is the medical examiner releasing anything??anyone know?

Why display the tee shirt in public then?

You ask "why display the shirt...2 reasons come to mind...display it #1 where it would be found......perhaps to keep the searchers in town and far away from the body and around the area where people said they saw a person matching her description ....
#2 to breath more life into the story...maybe the person was enjoying how cleaver he was with all the buz about MH then when the story became slow ...the person needed to relive it ...I don't know but there are a lot of sickooooo out there.
It's hard to try to get into the mind of a person who could destroy someone with so much life and so much more to do than this..

On Jane she related the beating death of the VA student in the same manner as MH as if to say that MH was also beaten..do we know this for a fact?? I know Mrs H said :seeing her daughter laid out like a deer carcaus but the body could have looked as if it was beaten and dismantled if animals had torn at her body.

I still hold out for over dose..and cover-up...I don't know why I think this but I hope I am wrong if it is not something like this...then why have LE not warned the public that MH was probably the victim of some serial killer??

I thought there was something about Morgan's bones being crushed or shattered???? Does anyone remember that?

then why have LE not warned the public that MH was probably the victim of some serial killer??

Snipped by me.

I've seen this question asked in soooo many cases...

For a wide variety of reasons, LE agencies rarely give the public warnings about serial killers or sexual predators, and when they do it is usually under pressure from the media and general public...and by that point things are so obvious and out of hand that the warning is a bit pointless.

Take a look at how LE has handled warnings in past cases where an unknown, brutal killer was on the loose, and you'll be hard pressed to find very many cases where they gave any - in fact somewhat often you'll see safety concerns being played down!

IMO, the lack of a warning is no indication of who, if anyone, the VSP suspects might be the killer here.

All JMO as usual.

I thought there was something about Morgan's bones being crushed or shattered???? Does anyone remember that?

Yes.

If my memory serves me, it was Morgan's mom who said that Morgan's bones had been shattered while she was still alive.

Why display the tee shirt in public then?

Because they didn't realize they had it, and when they discovered it they weren't sure what to do with it? In that case, it was most likely tossed in a place that's a long way from the site.

Do we know it was really "public," or could it have been there for a while? It might have been thrown from an upper window or dropped while moving MH's body.

Snipped by me.

I've seen this question asked in soooo many cases...

For a wide variety of reasons, LE agencies rarely give the public warnings about serial killers or sexual predators, and when they do it is usually under pressure from the media and general public...and by that point things are so obvious and out of hand that the warning is a bit pointless.

Take a look at how LE has handled warnings in past cases where an unknown, brutal killer was on the loose, and you'll be hard pressed to find very many cases where they gave any - in fact somewhat often you'll see safety concerns being played down!

IMO, the lack of a warning is no indication of who, if anyone, the VSP suspects might be the killer here.

All JMO as usual.

There are other safety concerns that have to be taken into account.

A few years back the police in this area mentioned that they might be looking at a serial killer related to the Sarah Pryor/Molly Bish/etc. cases here in MA. They were explicit about looking at a known pedophile incarcerated elsewhere, but there were at least two cases of vigilante action against innocent people some neighbors were positive were the guilty party. One of the men was beaten so badly he still has trouble working.

So, yeah, not always a good thing to make it public...

You ask "why display the shirt...2 reasons come to mind...display it #1 where it would be found......perhaps to keep the searchers in town and far away from the body and around the area where people said they saw a person matching her description ....
#2 to breath more life into the story...maybe the person was enjoying how cleaver he was with all the buz about MH then when the story became slow ...the person needed to relive it ...I don't know but there are a lot of sickooooo out there.
It's hard to try to get into the mind of a person who could destroy someone with so much life and so much more to do than this..

maybe someone scattered evidence to make it look like someone/s in cville is responsible just a thought.

Yes.

If my memory serves me, it was Morgan's mom who said that Morgan's bones had been shattered while she was still alive.

Unless that is what the VSP/coroner told her, then I'm not sure that's a very reliable source.

From what I recall, Morgan's mother wrote on her online blog that many people think of Morgan's death as her peacefully passing, as if going to sleep. She wanted to remind people that Morgan's death was not peaceful as some of her bones had been crushed. In other words, she died violently.

Unless that is what the VSP/coroner told her, then I'm not sure that's a very reliable source.

I'm unsure why she'd give false information about the condition of her daughter's body. So, to me it seems that she was either told this or that she could tell herself by looking at the skeleton. I suppose that since she's a doctor, she is probably educated about skeletal structure and things of that nature.

That said, IMO, Morgan's parents are probably the best sources next to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper