Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to think about: Crushing injuries in two cases is not a coincidence. In addition, wasn't it stated previously that the killer was most likely from an influential family? Huguely is from an influential family. I wonder if LE have checked out his whereabouts on October 17, 2009?

im thinking this must be club for privledged highschoolers. im pretty sure that prep school show that was on bravo, about students at an exclusive prep school in new york, the popular girl was associated with and the other girl would do anything to be a part of.

link

It's not a club and it has nothing to do with popularity. It's a volunteer organization that works to bring cleft palate surgery to kids around the world who can't afford it. There are spoiled rich girls and boys in it as well as generous nice rich kids and mean poor kids and poor kids working to help somebody who's even worse off than they are. They have, as the article you quoted points out, chapters in schools of all levels all over the country.

The U of Virginia program is run through the medical school, apparently. At least that's where I found their web page.

The only significance is that it might provide a place for this guy to have met Morgan or her parents.

Operation Smile does some really terrific work; one of my childhood friend's father was a volunteer doctor. They do not deserved to be dragged through the mud on this.

Operation Smile does some really terrific work; one of my childhood friend's father was a volunteer doctor. They do not deserved to be dragged through the mud on this.

Yes, and I'm sorry I brought it up, since the chance of there being a connection through that channel is very slim.

One never knows where or how a connection might be made -- and, I don't think anyone here ever has it as his/her objective to deliberately malign an organization/person/idea/religion/hobby/point of view/etc. just for the heck of it. Sometimes finding the answer is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. And I dare say that many of these crimes go unsolved because investigators are unable or unwilling to think far enough outside of the box. All angles and facets must be examined in order to find the truth.

Do we have any evidence of their being afraid?

We don't have any proof. Many posters have suggested that the companions and MH hesitated to call LE because they were under the influence. My assumption was that they meant under the influence of hard drugs, but apparently you can be arrested just for being drunk.

Let me make this point clear: I do not believe that people should be encouraged to drink excessively.

However, how can LE build any trust with the group whom they are supposed to be protecting, if their policy is to arrest anyone who appears drunk --- on a Saturday night in a college town?

*raises hand*

I know there is a law about not being drunk in public.

I don't know how unruly you have to be to be considered "too drunk" and to draw attention to yourself by LE. Do I make sense?

I believe that if you have had a few drinks and you're still completely composed then LE will not bother.

I don't know that GH was completely composed, though. Was he?

How can they prove the person was drunk? Do they used breath-alyzers on people who aren't even driving?

If the person is behaving in a disorderly manner, an arrest might be reasonable; but a law that allows people to be arrested merely for being drunk is unfair.

However, how can LE build any trust with the group whom they are supposed to be protecting, if their policy is to arrest anyone who appears drunk --- on a Saturday night in a college town?

I can assure you that "arrest[ing] anyone who appears drunk" is not their policy, nor would it be even remotely possible, as anyone trying to drive down Rugby Road on a party night would know. They'd have to use the arena as holding tank!

Something to think about: Crushing injuries in two cases is not a coincidence. In addition, wasn't it stated previously that the killer was most likely from an influential family? Huguely is from an influential family. I wonder if LE hve checked out his whereabouts on October 17, 2009?

bbm

Some of us have speculated that if LE suspects someone from an influential family, that could be why they're being extra slow and careful with the evidence before making an arrest. I don't recall anything beyond that.

Huguely seems to fit the profile many of us had in mind for a probable killer, but that doesn't make him guilty of this crime...

Huguely seems to fit the profile many of us had in mind for a probable killer, but that doesn't make him guilty of this crime...

My understanding is that the crossover between stranger-killings and domestic- or quasi-domestic killings is negligible. If we learned that Huguely knew MH, that might be enormously important, in my judgment, but if they were unacquainted, it would seem very unlikely that there is a connection.

My understanding is that the crossover between stranger-killings and domestic- or quasi-domestic killings is negligible. If we learned that Huguely knew MH, that might be enormously important, in my judgment, but if they were unacquainted, it would seem very unlikely that there is a connection.

Yes, exactly.

I wouldn't have any trouble visualizing a scenario where she went to a party with somebody who picked her up, then turned down somebody like Huguely and had him follow her and kill her, but that wouldn't exactly be a stranger situation.

The one thing that bothers me is the report that he had Love's bloody t-shirt with him. Keeping a souvenir like that after a quasi-domestic incident isn't the usual thing, is it?

Yes, exactly.

I wouldn't have any trouble visualizing a scenario where she went to a party with somebody who picked her up, then turned down somebody like Huguely
and had him follow her and kill her, but that wouldn't exactly be a stranger situation.

Esp. if MH was already with someone else, H would not likely be enraged to the point of murder over a rejection from a woman whom he did not know ...

More likely MH tagged along with some group, the group was doing crack & booze, one thing led to another, and then they ended up killing her.

(BTW: Just using "H" for the alleged killer because "GH" is MH's mother. )

The one thing that bothers me is the report that he had Love's bloody t-shirt with him. Keeping a souvenir like that after a quasi-domestic incident isn't the usual thing, is it?

If H is guilty of involvement in both crimes, more likely he participated in the murder and/or cover-up of the murder of MH, then YL may have suspected this fact, or maybe she just "knew too much."

Crimes of passion typically get lesser sentences than the cold-blooded killing of a potential witness to a murder investigation would. Were H & YL actually that romantically involved with each other?

Maybe the group put H up to take the fall. That's why he waived his Miranda rights. He wanted to cut the investigation short.

Maybe more than one person participated in the murder of YL; the DNA will hopefully reveal that information.

However, if H's killing of YL is a genuine "crime of passion," then any connection to MH's murder is highly unlikely.

Is there any news link to the story about YL's tee shirt?

I doubt that Huguely had anything to do with Morgan's murder. It appears that he knew YL and was involved with her. Look also at how quickly LE has identified a suspect in this case.

What both of these cases show is that young women are vulnerable, whether in supposedly "safe" environments or out in public.

there seems to be too many things in common with these two murders- not to look at H and/or his friends as being related to the MH murder.

1) H takes Love's shirt after the killing.
2) Morgans shirt found less than a mile from Love's apt. (presumably placed after killing)
3) a lacrosse player is confirmed as finding Morgans purse.
4) both very violent murders = hate against women.

i find it really interesting that H took Love's laptop with him. why???
it was going to be evident by anyone that knew the two of them that they had been in a relationship and had issues/fights. So why take the laptop when surely he had to know his apt would be searched as he would be number one suspect.

i never thought i would be one to think along these lines.... but I cant help but wonder if Love knew something about Morgan's murder and there was text about this on Love's laptop? Maybe he took it in an attempt to clear files regarding Morgan?
Could Love have placed Morgan's shirt on the bush b/c she knew H was involved in her murder? I've poo poo'd that idea until just recently- but it something I've been thinking about lately.

ps: i dont think H knew Morgan. if he or his friend were involved with Morgan's murder,
i think they were hanging out in parking lot (like the BB players were) & asked Morgan to go party and it went down hill from there.

I'd still LOVE to know who said they saw Morgan hitch hiking on the bridge. IMO that never happened. I think the killer got someone to come forward and say they saw Morgan hitch hiking. the killer convinced someone that Morgan had died due to an accident (alcohol poising or whatever) and they (the killer) needed someone to come forward to give speculation Morgan left town hitch hiking on her own- thinking this would lead the public/LE to think there was no foul play involved. not thinking that Morgan's body would ever be found.

It's not a club and it has nothing to do with popularity. [COLOR="Magenta"thats your opinion[/COLOR] It's a volunteer organization that works to bring cleft palate surgery to kids around the world who can't afford it. [COLOR="Magenta"]i know[/COLOR] There are spoiled rich girls and boys in it as well as generous nice rich kids and mean poor kids and poor kids working to help somebody who's even worse off than they are. They have, as the article you quoted points out, chapters in schools of all levels all over the country.yes and each level could differ in its members

The U of Virginia program is run through the medical school, apparently. At least that's where I found their web page.

The only significance is that it might provide a place for this guy to have met Morgan or her parents.
yes i get that. and if the charity in some areas is known to be what affluent people in the area participant in, and he is, then i was stating it was another reason there was a chance he was in it

ex.
"NEW YORK-APRIL 23: Operation Smile Junior Smile Event 2009 at Capitale 130 Bowery Street, New York, NY 10013. Hosted by Amanda Cole and Jessica Leavitt. Runway Show Host: Gretta Monahan of Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style. The 4th annual Jr. Smile Collection Event, a premier black-tie event was hosted by motivated teens from across Manhattan to raise awareness and funds for the children of Operation Smile and to enable Operation Smile to continue our efforts around the world. New York City business leaders, our Celebrity Smile Ambassadors, and the philanthropically-minded elite have agreed to lend their support to ensure children are given a new smile. PHOTO CREDIT:Copyright ©Manhattan Society.com 2009 by Christopher London | tel: Private |e-mail: ChrisLondon@manhattansociety.com"

BBM

"The wealthy take philanthropy and adapt it into an entire way of life that serves as a vehicle for the social and cultural life of their class."
Why the Wealthy Give:
The Culture of Elite Philanthropy
Francie Ostrower
Winner of the 1996 Virginia A. Hodgkinson Research Prize of the Independent Sector
Co-recipient of the 1996 ARNOVA Award for a Distinguished Book in Nonprofit and Voluntary Action Research

Walker - DIP (Drunk in Public) - I live in VA and here in my locality the only "drunks" that are usually locked up are the bums/homeless people. But I have seen a few taken in at the Salem Fair. LE will lock you up if you are creating a scene (and drunk), are having trouble walking and/or being out in traffic.

Ariel - yes it was mentioned that the reason no one has come forward for the reward of $150,000 is because $150,000 doesn't really mean anything to them/they don't need it - because they have much more than $150,000. I'm not sure if LE brought that up or who.

Geo. H - we know he obviously had a problem with women (his gf & the lady officer). Might it be possible that Geo. H was angry with his gf the night of the Metallica concert...couldn't get to her for whatever reason...and MH just happened to be a "convenient" target for his rage?

It may be unlikely for Geo. H to be the killer of Morgan...but it's not really a big leap in seeing the timeline of his rage and how it seemed to progress (all his run ins with LE) and the culmination of him killing YL. IMHO, I'm not saying Geo. H. is MH's killer...but then again...I do believe the possibility is there.

its obvious that GH is another monster on the loose.i would think with the info that LE has they would be able to rule him as a poi in MH murder rather quickly.it would be interesting to know if mrs P the newspaper lady recognizes him.just a thought.

i am sure she recognized him..just like she saw MH.....I don't know how she would pick her out of a crowd of young adults all dressed similar...she didn't know her ,she was not a former friend or neighbor...why did she say she knew it was MH.....I bet people that knew MH wouldn't have been able to see her...it was dark..she wasn't wearing a bright stand out outfit...but a short black skirt and boots...I was over by JMU several months ago and counted 8 girls with blond hair..short black skirts and boots...I just don't believe MH was walking around with a group of guys...
I have felt like prehaps she was passed out when they arrived at the concert...they left her in the car...that is why she was out and they were in and used the bathroom alibi ..I don't know, but I still think, it was someone close to MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper