Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Grady and 15th is very near an area I wouldn't be caught dead walking around in at 9:00 at night, and I do live in Charlottesville. You only need to go about 5 blocks east and the neighborhood totally changes.

from your link:

Learning that it is, in fact, Harrington’s shirt— which he discovered on November 11, a full three weeks after her disappearance— is “scary,” he says, “the closeness of it.”

This is very odd. Is the perp taunting police or trying to throw them off track? Why discard it out in the open in a highly visible area? Why not leave it at the crime scene or in a dumpster/trash receptacle?

and this from the same link:

Another person surprised by the revelation is Norma Parson, a newspaper deliverywoman who has long claimed that she saw Harrington— or an amazing lookalike— leaving a room on the West Lawn sometime around 3am on the night of the Metallica show.

Where is the West Lawn in relation to the location of the shirt finding and the bridge where she was last seen? I have not kept up with all the details in this case so I apologize if this has been discussed and answered. TIA

This news, about the shirt, just kind of backs it up for me and my belief that Morgan's backpack purse was brought back after the fact - that it wasn't out in that parking area all night.

Morgan was attending a show at John Paul Jones Arena. When you find that on the map attached, you will see Copeley Road. That is the last is the last place Morgan was seen, according to LE. The shirt was found on Grady Avenue where it connects with 15th St. The large green section on the map (Rotunda) is the lawn.

http://www.virginia.edu/parking/documents/maps/Bike_Map_Web.pdf

This news, about the shirt, just kind of backs it up for me and my belief that Morgan's backpack purse was brought back after the fact - that it wasn't out in that parking area all night.
I could see the perp not doing that if he thought there was a possibility of being caught on the JPJ Arena security cameras (even though we know in retrospect that was not a possibility).

But it is a great question. Was the perp calculating or was he just sloppy? If he was sloppy then she was probably in the area where the shirt was found that night. I think the placement of the body could mean he was sloppy, he didn't bury her or really try to conceal her body.

Also, it looks to me like the place the shirt was found is a straight shot down Grady from JPJ Arena. The Lawn area would definitely be a detour.

Almost correct Ghostmaster. The actually story of the shirt being found was broke by the C'Ville Weekly on January 29th.

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12032901101847453

and then was brought to the forum at findmorgan.com. While the validity of the find was being discussed, a member who had joined the forum on January 26th, an expert in geographical profiling in missing person cases stated for the record the shirt was in fact Morgan's. His appearance wasn't really out of the blue, he was working with Monica Caison and the CUE Center for Missing Persons doing a geographical profile, for the search that was upcoming. His post confirming the shirt was Morgans was one of his first two or three posts on the forum, but his posts were not the initial posts about the shirt. He posted 17 times outside the shirt thread also.

From an inside source at findmorgan.com, he was asked by Dr. Harrington not to talk about the shirt till dna came back and confirmed 100% it was in fact Morgan's shirt.

Dr. Harrington never made any comment on the findmorgan.com forum about the shirt.

The finding of the shirt first came to light on the family’s forum, findmorgan.com about six weeks ago. It was announced by an individual who was a member there and is a highly regarded PhD in the field of CSI who was then working independently on the Harrington case and not on behalf of, or at the request of the VSP. His post just seemed to come “out of the blue”. It was not related to any current discussion that night.

Dr. Harrington himself posted that same night it was indeed Morgan’s shirt. In the space of just a few hours all posts were removed. The gentleman who made the initial post followed up with one that said he was not working with the VSP but independently. You can assume he was told to make such a post. He has not posted or been mentioned since that night. When Dr. Harrington was asked a follow up question the next day, his answer was that he would have to defer to the VSP on all questions regarding the shirt. It became clear almost immediately that this was information the VSP didn’t want to be made public.

A post was made by the moderator of that forum that night saying, at the request of the investigating officers of the VSP that there was to be no discussion of the “possible” finding of the shirt as this was an active investigation. From what I understand, that forum and its members saw the logic in that request and honored it. The moderators of this forum also had the good sense to realize that any discussion or speculation could not only jeopardize the investigation but open up one of the members here to potential legal action against them in the future for something they might post. They asked that we not discuss it and we didn’t. This forum strives to always be a part of the solution to an investigation and never part of the problem like other vehicles such as this on the web can be.

Yes, the shirt has been discussed elsewhere on the web and at other forums. There are multi-faceted aspects of running a forum such as this that most of us never consider. Legal considerations are one of them. We log on and post, never thinking of any possible repercussions. Thank goodness our moderators are as good as they are. They consider so many things we may never think of.

The purpose of this forum is to above all else expedite the apprehension of Morgan’s killer(s). A free flowing exchange of logical ideas is an excellent means to that end. Idle gossip and speculation over a piece of potentially critical evidence only jeopardizes the final objective.

I hope this answers your question.

Almost correct Ghostmaster. The actually story of the shirt being found was broke by the C'Ville Weekly on January 29th.

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12032901101847453

and then was brought to the forum at findmorgan.com. While the validity of the find was being discussed, a member who had joined the forum on January 26th, an expert in geographical profiling in missing person cases stated for the record the shirt was in fact Morgan's. His appearance wasn't really out of the blue, he was working with Monica Caison and the CUE Center for Missing Persons doing a geographical profile, for the search that was upcoming. His post confirming the shirt was Morgans was one of his first two or three posts on the forum, but his posts were not the initial posts about the shirt. He posted 17 times outside the shirt thread also.

From an inside source at findmorgan.com, he was asked by Dr. Harrington not to talk about the shirt till dna came back and confirmed 100% it was in fact Morgan's shirt.

Dr. Harrington never made any comment on the findmorgan.com forum about the shirt.

Thanks for this info; you are corect about the Dr. (PhD) working with CUE, I had read and forgotten that. Dr. Harrington did post. His comment about refering questions to the VSP was on a thread started by Questioner. I just checked with my friends who are members over there (I am not) and they say it's still up, somewhere. The way he worded it left little doubt that a shirt was found.

Please be advised that no arrests have been made by police in the Morgan Harrington case, a $150,000 reward is being offer for any information on who murdered this beautiful young lady.

Contact Information

Tip Line: (434) 352-3467

State Police E-Mail: bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov

General: info@findmorgan.com

http://findmorgan.com

Miss Harrington was attending a Metallica concert on the night of Oct. 17, 2009, at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville,Va., when she became separated from her friends. She ended up outside the arena and was unable to re-enter the facility. Investigators have been able to locate and interview various individuals who recall seeing Miss Harrington outside in the vicinity of the arena that night between 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Her purse and cell phone were found in a parking area near the arena that Sunday morning.
http://www.myspace.com/friendsoffindmorgan

I believe it’s important that the public know there is reward money available. There is a killer out there, that needs to be caught!

People be aware of your surroundings and the people around you. There is money available...

Someone out there knows something, someone out there saw something….

The shirt, found a while after the murder, tells me a killer is on the loose who's proud of his work. I believe we can expect more dead young women in the future.

My opinion only

I agree, and I don't think she was necessarily anywhere near where the shirt was found.

Well, the large reward takes me back to Scott Peterson -- some enormous some of money was offered for info about Lacy -- trouble was, no one could pursue the reward because only Scott really knew what happened. So -- I've been thinking, just as in that case, money won't be an incentive to draw anyone out about Morgan -- because -- no one else has info. And you're right, Morgan's killer may well have murdered before, and may do so again. It's just as plausible a theory as any of the others.

money won't be an incentive to draw anyone out about Morgan -- because -- no one else has info.

Agreed. And, in my judgment, that makes it more likely that LE has a pretty good idea of who did it, but simply has no proof (yet).

I just watched the movie "the lovely bones" and It gave me chills when I saw the farm and the trees at the end.The fields in it looks so much like ACFarm.
If you haven't saw the movie yet,don't miss it! It is really put together well.
There is one part in the movie where Susie Salmon is yelling"What am I Now?Just the lost girl..the dead girl...look what he did to me!"I can just imagine MH feeling the same way.

My thoughts on the shirt...who first mentioned it??who found it? Was it placed there to taunt POLICE or to bring new life to the story?
(Just thinking like the creep that did this)
He may have kept the shirt,just to remind him..to hold it, to use it to ease the urge..the MEDIA coverage..the talk about the case may have kept him excited. The case starts to drop from the spotlight and he feeds the shirt .This new flurry of information,and the talk about it may be keeping the person in check....if the person is a serial killer ...he will strike again...why would he stop? I always said "You could get away with murder in West Virginia and Virginia...the court records are 9 years behind (when you try to look something up) Most of the court records are not on line.
My nephew was shot and killed and the cop had the bullet in his pocket..loose with change when he showed it to us....the 911 call said"I just shot my boyfriend".....the case was ruled a suicide ...he was left handed but the bullet entered the right temple...there are so many reasons the person I speak of should be in jail..but she is not she is collecting $1200 a month in social security benefits for the child she was carrying when my beautiful nephew..on January 1 ,who was in his shorts and tshirt had been making and recording a tape...just got up and shot himself....nothing has been done to right this wrong....the police said"she said" he just got up and shot himself...
How's that for Virginia LE??? He had his stuff all organized,like easy to pack up...they were fighting..she was still married with 2 children..he moved in to her home after she told him she was pregnant....he was getting ready to leave...I think he was moving out and she killed him...she got away with it and now is raising my nephew...that we never see.The wheels of justice seem to be snail crawling...WHEN will there ever be justice for Caylee,Haleigh...Morgan,Terry and all the others?

VSP: Deaths of Morgan Harrington and William Morris not Connected

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/91740544.html

Shortly after Willie Morris' suicide there was some discussion on this forum about a possible connection but things really got crazy around Cville making assumptions and pointing fingers. VSP may have released this to protect local LE from the criticism that they are "protecting their own".

I am saddened that this forum and others have seen such a drop in interest in this case and I blame LE for withholding so much information that could help solve this case.

Well -- do you think the police are withholding critical information, or, do you think maybe they genuinely don't know for sure who the culprit is?

I dont' have a drop in interest, I check this nearly daily, but, I just don't have anything to contribute. Other than my fervent prayer that the killer is found and brought to justice NOW.

Shortly after Willie Morris' suicide there was some discussion on this forum about a possible connection but things really got crazy around Cville making assumptions and pointing fingers. VSP may have released this to protect local LE from the criticism that they are "protecting their own".

I am saddened that this forum and others have seen such a drop in interest in this case and I blame LE for withholding so much information that could help solve this case.

I've not dropped my interest in this case, but without anything new coming out there's not much left to say :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy