Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the guy from link in Maryland eyes look a lot like Morgan suspect
Maryland: Suspect Named in Possible Serial Mother-Daughter Killings
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-named-serial-killer-mother-daughter-murders-md/story?id=11259640

I don't know how to post pictures

Here they are, side by side. You're right, that's a much stronger resemblance. The mouth is right, the eyebrows are right, and the jaw and nose are close. The upper head still doesn't match, but if Scott has lost hair since 2005, that might explain it.

Attachments

• ht_Jason_Thomas_Scott_100727_mn.jpg
    ht_Jason_Thomas_Scott_100727_mn.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 41
  • news-harringtonattackerwantedsketch-325x352.jpg
    news-harringtonattackerwantedsketch-325x352.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 36
Here they are, side by side. You're right, that's a much stronger resemblance. The mouth is right, the eyebrows are right, and the jaw and nose are close. The upper head still doesn't match, but if Scott has lost hair since 2005, that might explain it.

Thank You:blushing: I still have not figure out how to post pictures in the threads.

I think suspect face is little fatter...but the eys is what got me and cause me to go look for Jason Scott's picture.

Thanks again!

Thank You:blushing: I still have not figure out how to post pictures in the threads.

I think suspect face is little fatter...but the eys is what got me and cause me to go look for Jason Scott's picture.

Thanks again!

No problem. (The link for thumbnails is in the "advanced" form, which you get when you quote a post -- it's the paper clip up at the top, just past the smilies.)

Yes, the eyes are scary close, as is the overall expression. I've seldom seen anybody who looks so pure poison mean. The face in the sketch is wider, but any sketch done from witness accounts is going to be an approximation. I think it's close enough to be worth sending in to the Virginia tips number.

No problem. (The link for thumbnails is in the "advanced" form, which you get when you quote a post -- it's the paper clip up at the top, just past the smilies.)

Yes, the eyes are scary close, as is the overall expression. I've seldom seen anybody who looks so pure poison mean. The face in the sketch is wider, but any sketch done from witness accounts is going to be an approximation. I think it's close enough to be worth sending in to the Virginia tips number.

Thanks carbuff

I went back and check Jason Scott timeline

Copy and Paste
May 2009, a gun store burglary in Woodbine Maryland. It ended in June, when the suspect tried to sell two of the stolen guns to an ATF informant and was arrested.

The suspect was released on a $42,000 bond after his June arrest. He stayed free until September when he was charged in the home invasions cases and held on nearly one million dollar bail.

He was in jail Oct 17, 2009 when Morgan disappear.

Very close resemblance:waitasec:

I think the guy from link in Maryland eyes look a lot like Morgan suspect
Maryland: Suspect Named in Possible Serial Mother-Daughter Killings
http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-named-serial-killer-mother-daughter-murders-md/story?id=11259640

I don't know how to post pictures

Posting pics is quite easy.

1. Right click on the pic, and then click on "Copy image URL."

2. In the WS "posting box" where you type your text, look for the icon that is a yellowish square with a pic of a mountain. It's above the box where you type in the text. Click on it.

3. In the little box that pops up, copy the URL using Ctrl+V, and then click "OK."

That's it!

I usually then click on "preview post" to make sure the pic is correctly copied into the post.

For copyright purposes, PLEASE put in your post the URL from where you took the pic.

hth,

Hoppy

The photo of Scott shows a longer face (jmo), and lips are in smaller proportion to the face than in the face in the sketch. The upper lip too seems thinner in the photo. Scott has a higher forehead. His eyebrows are higher, longer and arch back. The distance between nose & lip seems significantly longer. His eyes are farther apart & have long lashes. Scott seems to have a square chin, while the sketch shows a perfectly round chin. The bone structure is also different; Scott seems to have prominent cheekbones and browridge, while the sketch seems to portray a more fleshy face. Despite the British-sounding (American or Jamaican) name, he looks vaguely Mideastern.

"It all started around when he was 10 years old. Peeping Tom, recording people when they were sleep or undressing," said an Upper Marlboro neighbor. "Then it went from breaking and entering, stealing vehicles. Somehow being very, very intelligent led him to a very bad history."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-na...-daughter-murders-md/story?id=11259640&page=3

The photo of Scott shows a longer face (jmo), and lips are in smaller proportion to the face than in the face in the sketch. The upper lip too seems thinner in the photo. Scott has a higher forehead. His eyebrows are higher, longer and arch back. The distance between nose & lip seems significantly longer. His eyes are farther apart & have long lashes. Scott seems to have a square chin, while the sketch shows a perfectly round chin. The bone structure is also different; Scott seems to have prominent cheekbones and browridge, while the sketch seems to portray a more fleshy face. Despite the British-sounding (American or Jamaican) name, he looks vaguely Mideastern.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-na...-daughter-murders-md/story?id=11259640&page=3

I agree that the resemblance is not real close, but sketches done from witness accounts are approximations. I doubt that the victim had time to sit there and study all the details of his face.

I agree that the resemblance is not real close, but sketches done from witness accounts are approximations. I doubt that the victim had time to sit there and study all the details of his face.

The personalities of the two criminals seem different: the sketch seems to portray a doltish, impulsive and brutal person with a low IQ, while Scott seems to be calculating, intelligent and deliberately evil.

But I agree. JMO: The victim may have been too terrified to remember his facial features clearly. Since she is foreign, she may also have been afraid of reprisals should the police take him into custody.

The personalities of the two criminals seem different: the sketch seems to portray a doltish, impulsive and brutal person with a low IQ, while Scott seems to be calculating, intelligent and deliberately evil.

But I agree. JMO: The victim may have been too terrified to remember his facial features clearly. Since she is foreign, she may also have been afraid of reprisals should the police take him into custody.

I agree, I doubt that Scott is the 2005 rapist. He looks younger than this guy was five years ago. I don't necessarily agree about the IQ part, but I agree in general that the 2005 rapist seems to have a more impulsive, violent personality than the very calculating Scott. But I also think it's too close to ignore.

If the victim feared reprisal, I don't think she would have cooperated with the sketch at all. But yeah, fear could have affected her memory of him. We don't know what the lighting conditions were or whether she even got a good look.

It's interesting to compare the Grim Sleeper sketches -- the woman who survived saw his face for quite a while before she realized she was in danger, but the sketch from her description is only a little like the guy they finally apprehended.

http://findmorgan.com/

UPCOMING EVENTS
9/16/10

Morgan’s skeletonized body was found at Anchorage Farm, Albemarle County on 1/26/10. The person(s) responsible remain at large, presumably still in the Charlottesville area. We ask that any information that might help in the investigation of this case be directed to: Virginia State Police tip line (434) 352-3467.

http://saratogian.com/articles/2010/09/01/news/doc4c7d5a41c573b483440783.txt

Victory Mills man pleads guilty to selling narcotic patches that ultimately resulted in Washington County teen's death

Published: Wednesday, September 01, 2010
By EMILY DONOHUE, The Saratogian

SARATOGA SPRINGS — A Victory Mills man pleaded guilty Tuesday to selling Fentanyl patches prescribed to his father to a Washington County man. The patches ultimately wound up in the hands of 17-year-old Morgan Harrington, who died as a result of ingesting the narcotic.

James Slingerland, 33, of 51 Herkimer St., Victory Mills, pleaded guilty to third-degree attempted criminal sale of a controlled substance, a felony. The sale occurred in May 2009.

The patches had been prescribed to Slingerland’s now-deceased father as part of a cancer treatment. Fentanyl is a narcotic pain reliever that is often absorbed through the skin; it is 80 times more powerful than morphine.

Slingerland sold the patches to a Washington County man who then sold the patches to several teenagers, including Harrington. Harrington chewed the patch and ultimately died of acute Fentanyl intoxication.

Slingerland is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 29 and will likely receive two years in state prison, plus 1-1/2 years post-release supervision.

I believe the 17yr old who died from the 'patch' was a young male from Albany County in NY.

NOT the female college student, Morgan Dana Harrington whose remains were found on a VA farm.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s1723257.shtml?cat=300
Posted at: 08/31/2010 10:18 PM
Updated at: 08/31/2010 11:14 PM

Officials say 17-year-old Morgan Harrington of Greenwich died in May of last year, after chewing and sucking on a Fentanyl patch, sending high doses of the drug directly into his stomach and system.

I believe the 17yr old who died from the 'patch' was a young male from Albany County in NY.

NOT the female college student, Morgan Dana Harrington whose remains were found on a VA farm.

Officials say 17-year-old Morgan Harrington of Greenwich died in May of last year, after chewing and sucking on a Fentanyl patch, sending high doses of the drug directly into his stomach and system.

Thanks. That was a bit startling there for a minute or two :p .

ETA: But what a bizarre coincidence!

Thank you! I thought that was bizarre.

Please keep Morgan and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Justice for all taken too soon.
J

Bumping for Morgan. It's long past time her killer was brought to justice. Her mom's blog on her website is so sad... I went and checked it today and saw that nobody even comments, anymore. Sad how quick we forget. :(

Bumping for Morgan. It's long past time her killer was brought to justice. Her mom's blog on her website is so sad... I went and checked it today and saw that nobody even comments, anymore. Sad how quick we forget. :(

Thank you for the reminder Lindsayma. I could not bear the thought of losing a child, especially losing a child under these horrific circumstances. May Justice come soon for Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l