Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
looked at the above pictures....it could be the same guy.....the features are very similiar....ie eyes and mouth...maybe even nose......without the mo and the beard and with longer hair it would be a close resemblance.....the 2nd picture looks younger than the 1st.

looked at the above pictures....it could be the same guy.....the features are very similiar....ie eyes and mouth...maybe even nose......without the mo and the beard and with longer hair it would be a close resemblance.....the 2nd picture looks younger than the 1st.

Plus the first picture is over five years old.

But I was watching a show last night on ID where a guy held up a convenience store, and when the cop who arrested the perp asked the cashier if he was the perp was the guy who robbed the store, she said he wasn't. The cop explained that victims are often unable to identify a perp because they're too focused on a weapon they're being threatened with, stress, etc. Nonetheless, the sketch and the DNA are apparently all there is to work with at this point in this case.

Tonight the Charlottesville Fox news channel was planning on airing a segment about the Virginia State Police's techniques used in Morgan's case. Wish I lived closer and could have seen what they said. It was announced on the Fox 27 facebook page.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/11/cold-case-feature-morgan-harrington-murder-investigation/

"We know he (the man in the sketch) had contact with her (Morgan) the night of her disappearance, but they don’t know if he is responsible for her death. We are looking to identify and question him, and put the next pieces of the puzzle together.” Within 24 hours of releasing the sketch, the state police had 50 leads. Right now their time is spent eliminating duplicates between the departments and prioritizing the tips."

"Investigators are now searching for a vehicle they believe stopped in the middle of the bridge and possibly picked up Morgan. Also, investigators need the public’s help in finding a young woman the night of the Metallica concert that may have loaned her cell phone to Morgan."

Wow. This gal needs to come forward. I wonder why investigators believe a young woman loaned her phone to Morgan.?

http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/11/cold-case-feature-morgan-harrington-murder-investigation/

"We know he (the man in the sketch) had contact with her (Morgan) the night of her disappearance, but they don’t know if he is responsible for her death. We are looking to identify and question him, and put the next pieces of the puzzle together.” Within 24 hours of releasing the sketch, the state police had 50 leads. Right now their time is spent eliminating duplicates between the departments and prioritizing the tips."

"Investigators are now searching for a vehicle they believe stopped in the middle of the bridge and possibly picked up Morgan. Also, investigators need the public’s help in finding a young woman the night of the Metallica concert that may have loaned her cell phone to Morgan."

Wow. This gal needs to come forward. I wonder why investigators believe a young woman loaned her phone to Morgan.?

There were rumors about the cell phone from very early on.

Lord, please let them find this monster soon.

Bumping for Morgan :-(

Sad to see her family shut the forum down on findmorgan.com

is there anything more going on with this case? any forums specifically for morgan now since findmorgan is shut down?

Not that I know of, Blondie. I guess the police are waiting for a DNA hit from another case or arrest to get their POI. It's amazing that this repeat offender doesn't have a criminal record that could give us a name along with the DNA. It's very frustrating waiting for him to slip up, or waiting to have someone give LE the goods on him.

Responding to Missing & Unidentified Persons

February 22-24, 2011 | Appleton, Wisconsin

Dr. Daniel and Gil Harrington are the parents of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old University of Virginia student who went missing from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville in October 2009. She was separated from her friends and was the subject of repeated searches. In January 2010, her skeletal remains were found on a Virginia farm, 10 minutes away from where she went missing. "We are a prime example of the pain and the difficulty that families have after someone goes missing. There's no template. Law enforcement, communities, and parents don't know what to do," states Dr. Harrington. Morgan's parents have appeared on the Today Show, Nancy Grace, America's Most Wanted and Dr. Phil. They have also traveled to Washington, DC to meet with Virginia senators and other lawmakers to lobby for funding to train law enforcement and to increase resources for the families of missing persons. Dr. Harrington and Gil will provide participants with a family perspective on their national efforts focusing on a heightened awareness of campus safety for college students.

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=81

bumping Morgan off of page 5.

It's been nearly a year since Morgan was found. I hope she has some justice soon.

:heartbeat:

Just my :twocents:, I can't find anything that says LE said the "forensic link" was DNA. Corrine Geller's statement said they believe the man in the sketch "may have come in contact with Morgan the night of the concert or the morning after". I couldn't figure that out for the longest time. Where did the "morning after" come from when LE stated and the parents that she was likely dead before the concert ended? There are multiple articles that state that the authors attempted to confirm that the evidence was DNA but the VSP declined to confirm or deny.

Then it hit me - the next morning is when the purse was turned in. I am thinking the "forensic link" was a fingerprint to do with the purse or phone.

Whatchuthink? :waitasec:

Just my :twocents:, I can't find anything that says LE said the "forensic link" was DNA. Corrine Geller's statement said they believe the man in the sketch "may have come in contact with Morgan the night of the concert or the morning after". I couldn't figure that out for the longest time. Where did the "morning after" come from when LE stated and the parents that she was likely dead before the concert ended? There are multiple articles that state that the authors attempted to confirm that the evidence was DNA but the VSP declined to confirm or deny.

Then it hit me - the next morning is when the purse was turned in. I am thinking the "forensic link" was a fingerprint to do with the purse or phone.

Whatchuthink? :waitasec:

At this point, I think anything is possible. It seems LE is hesitant to put any info out at all regarding this case. It's extremely frustrating. We all sit here and try to read between the lines.

In this latest article it states, "The difficult terrain of Anchorage Farm has led investigators to believe that the only suspect in the case, whose sketch was released in July of 2010, knew the farm and surrounding area well."

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...k_at_Site_of_Daughters_Remains_114509359.html

IMO - that leads me to draw the conclusion that the "forensic link" had to have been discovered with Morgan's remains. The statement links Sketch to the location where she was found. But then again....who knows!! :banghead:

I agree -- and I think they know quite a lot more than they've let on.

Why do you all think they haven't released the cause of death, what jewelry she was or wasn't wearing, if the necklace was found or not, clothing that was missing or found with the skeleton, her whereabouts between 2PM and 6:15, and other things? Is all of that going to compromise a conviction of a suspect who exists only in a 5 year old sketch?

LE sure doesn't clarify much in this case. There is a lot of misinformation out there and it would be nice if they would just clear that up!:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay