Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrington case linked to Fairfax assault

The same man who abducted and killed Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington after a rock concert in Charlottesville last year may have sexually assaulted a woman in Fairfax City in 2005, state police said Thursday.

The link between the two cases provides the first significant break in the Harrington case, which made national headlines.

The 2005 suspect. (Va. State Police)
State police said there is a forensic link between the two cases. Sources said the cases are linked by a DNA match. Both are unsolved​
.​

PH2010070102754.jpg

a composite sketch based on the victim’s description of the suspect. However, the suspect may have changed his appearance over the past five years, state police cautioned.​

Well this really narrows things down! They kept saying that the killer was familiar with the area the body was discovered. It wasn't just a drive by body dumping. Now we have a description and color of skin to narrow it down.

I hope they catch this animal before he kills another inncoent girl.

Every parent's worst nightmare -- to have their child slaughtered -- by evil incarnate -- Lord have mercy

And I wonder -- how many other women are missing at the hands of this cretin??

Looking at the sketch would you say he's most likely AA or Hispanic? I was just wondering if it could possibly be someone that has worked at Anchorage Farm.

Looking at the sketch would you say he's most likely AA or Hispanic? I was just wondering if it could possibly be someone that has worked at Anchorage Farm.

He's AA according to the poster that was released after the 2005 assault.

ETA: Here is poster description

Black Male, 25-35 YOA
Height: Approx 6’0” Medium Build
Black hair with a beard and mustache

And I wonder -- how many other women are missing at the hands of this cretin??

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if there were a number more women. Fairfax and Charlottesville are a couple hours apart geographically, but they are worlds apart in other terms. Fairfax is caught up in the hustle and bustle of Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. and Charlottesville is a quiet, mountainous "college town." This monster gets around.

Also, has anyone read if he "let the other woman go," or if she fought him and got away? I do wonder if his intention was to kill her also. It seems like such a large step to take between that incident and Morgan's. Also, the time span between the two makes me think that there will be other victims as well. :(

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if there were a number more women. Fairfax and Charlottesville are a couple hours apart geographically, but they are worlds apart in other terms. Fairfax is caught up in the hustle and bustle of Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. and Charlottesville is a quiet, mountainous "college town." This monster gets around.

Also, has anyone read if he "let the other woman go," or if she fought him and got away? I do wonder if his intention was to kill her also. It seems like such a large step to take between that incident and Morgan's. Also, the time span between the two makes me think that there will be other victims as well. :(

I saw comments on the find morgan forums that he took off after a passerby spotted what was happening, not sure where that info came from, but if so he may very well have intended to kill her. I also think that there will be more victims.

Well this really narrows things down! They kept saying that the killer was familiar with the area the body was discovered. It wasn't just a drive by body dumping. Now we have a description and color of skin to narrow it down.

I hope they catch this animal before he kills another inncoent girl.

Now they need to take that sketch around to the home near and around the farm where Morgan was dumped. If the perp knew the farm area well like LE thinks he did then someone had to see this creep around the area working or playing.

The sketch looks like the former Guantanamo prisoner of Pakistani origins named Moazzam Begg.

But I'm assuming the DNA tells the person's ethnic background and the DNA identifies Morgan's killer as someone of African ancestry. I'm going to assume the killer is black.

The sketch looks like the former Guantanamo prisoner of Pakistani origins named Moazzam Begg.

But I'm assuming the DNA tells the person's ethnic background and the DNA identifies Morgan's killer as someone of African ancestry. I'm going to assume the killer is black.

He is described on the wanted poster as a Black Male, approximately 25-35 YOA, 6'0" with a medium build.

Just wanted to add the wanted poster was from five years ago so bump his age up to 30 to 40 years old now.

Well, I guess Walker's theory of a Manson style ritual murder is not holding up too well anymore.

Someone pointed out the similarities between the Fairfax case and Morgan's abduction

The details are so chillingly similar to the Morgan’s scenario…

Victim was walking home from a grocery store, turning off of a public roadway (Jermantown Rd.) onto a more residential street (Rock Garden Dr.) *at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night in early fall* (Sept. 24, 2005), when the attacker grabbed her from behind and carried her off the street into a park-like area where he sexually assaulted her and ran off.

Is there any way they can release something more? Something specific to look for? A tattoo/scar or ANYTHING? I live right here...and I'll be on the lookout - but for everyone's safety...I hope they can release something to help identify him. I'm actually scanning my brain about everyone I know, now =p

Oh. Boy. Guess what? There's someone on UVA"s basketball team (09-10) FROM FAIRFAX COUNTY!!!! He doesn't' match the description...but perhaps it's a friend of his that he went to high school with...that also moved to Charlottesville. That would also explain why she was spotted with them....perhaps it was a friend of a player all along! Would have been young...but...it's something =P

http://www.virginiasports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=88842&SPID=10616&DB_OEM_ID=17800&Q_SEASON=2009

ETA: Just the timeline/events really make me think this is someone FROM Fairfax Co...that travels here for concernts, college or a friend they want to see. US 29N would be exactly the route they would take back to Fairfax. (So, going south for a while on 29 wouldn't have been an inconvenience. JMO. I'm thinking this person is younger than thought.

ETA (a second time) - I'm also going to guess that the perp plays second fiddle to someone significant in their life...just by the way he attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay