Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud here again, but am i correct if i say that the friends drove her car from there? If so then wouldn't someone have known where she was going so they could take her car to her the next day at least? I usually don't drive peoples cars unless I know how I can return it. Not to mention if they had her car wouldn't they have had to come and pick her up the next day or WHO did they think would bring her back to get her car?
Edited to add didn't the parents say they expected her home that night? If so this makes this all more that disturbing that they just drove off with her car and not called anyone or supposedly didn't know where she was going and with who.

Doesn't surprise me. They're really good guys. Been a fan of theirs for the last 23 years!

While I can't say I'm a fan of Metallica's music, Cement Pond, I must say I'm a HUGE fan of your signature graphic! LOL! :laugh:

Just thinking out loud here again, but am i correct if i say that the friends drove her car from there? If so then wouldn't someone have known where she was going so they could take her car to her the next day at least? I usually don't drive peoples cars unless I know how I can return it. Not to mention if they had her car wouldn't they have had to come and pick her up the next day or WHO did they think would bring her back to get her car?

Completely stumped on all these points as well. And once again, it comes back to why it took so long for this to be reported-and only once father grew worried and had to contact them to see where she was. I do not want to lay any blame at all but I am really confused as to why they didn't worry enough about their friend being locked out of the concert and not heard of all night with no text nothing and not call her parents - I would have called the police if my friend was not picking up texts or calls and nowhere to be found. So what did they think they knew that we don't -that's maybe key

more on the request for help on FB discussion section:

"Thanks. Definitely - Lynchburg (south), Stauton and Harrisonburg (west) would need flyers at gas stations, motel/hotels, late night restaurants (especially drive up ones, which would make sense if one was avoiding a central lobby)."

more on the request for help on FB discussion section:

"Thanks. Definitely - Lynchburg (south), Stauton and Harrisonburg (west) would need flyers at gas stations, motel/hotels, late night restaurants (especially drive up ones, which would make sense if one was avoiding a central lobby)."

whats the FB link again?

Just popping in to see if any new news. Unfortunately it looks like they haven't found anything new. Where are you Dana?? May she be found soon!

I have a couple of questions that have been running through my mind.

Do we really know that she arrived at the arena? The only reports are from her friends and the eye witness reports (which IMO aren't completely reliable).

If she did arrive at the concert do we really know that she went outside and didn't ride somewhere with the friends? Again the only reports are from her friends.

I don't know why her friends wouldn't tell the truth about this, but then again I don't know why they would leave their friend hours away from home without a ride either.

I can't help but think of Britanee Drexel because so much of both stories rely on what the friends say happened...and it seems some pieces of both puzzles are missing.

I hope her friends have told the police the truth. It seems that the police don't have a good grasp on the situation. It just seems like if the police wanted the publics help they would have cleared up the early confusion with the car situation.

It seems now that the girls took Morgan's car to the concert. Is that correct? If so how did the rest of the friends leave. Who had Morgan's car keys? It is one thing to stand around and hang around your own car wondering where your friend is but when you take off in their car.... You know they aren't coming back. Thats just really odd unless Morgan was already high when they got to the concert and she didn't even drive down, or she had no intention of going back home with the rest of the "friends" and just gave them the car keys before she even left the arena. The key to the truth is with her friends.

I just hope chick didn't OD and some of her friends freak out and dump her somewhere. (I don't mean the friends she went down there with but some she met up with.) Her friends were into drugs and her dialated pupis tell me she was too. As my mom used to say, "birds of a feather flock together." I hope she just took off. I would love to know how she was doing in her classes? If she knew she was going to fail the semester she might have taken off, especially if mommy and daddy were paying for it....

Do we really know that she arrived at the arena? The only reports are from her friends and the eye witness reports (which IMO aren't completely reliable).

If she did arrive at the concert do we really know that she went outside and didn't ride somewhere with the friends? Again the only reports are from her friends.

I don't know why her friends wouldn't tell the truth about this, but then again I don't know why they would leave their friend hours away from home without a ride either.

I can't help but think of Britanee Drexel because so much of both stories rely on what the friends say happened...and it seems some pieces of both puzzles are missing.

I can't help but think of Britanee and Natalee... both sets of friends didn't seem to really care what happened to those girls...

I haven't heard too many discussions about the possibilities of the girls having a "falling out" right before the concert. Just speculating but this would explain why the reluctance of the girls to give too many details, call Morgan's parents, Morgan's parents saying a couple times that the girls did nothing wrong, etc. Maybe they argued and Morgan got angry and left to go outside and then realized she couldn't get back in. She could have still been angry when she called them and told them that she would just find her own way back.

I haven't heard too many discussions about the possibilities of the girls having a "falling out" right before the concert. Just speculating but this would explain why the reluctance of the girls to give too many details, call Morgan's parents, Morgan's parents saying a couple times that the girls did nothing wrong, etc. Maybe they argued and Morgan got angry and left to go outside and then realized she couldn't get back in. She could have still been angry when she called them and told them that she would just find her own way back.

Good point! Maybe aruging about who was driving later? Or just something petty--I know how girls can be sometimes :crazy:...this would make sense for their lack of involvement in terms of going outside with her, not contacting multiple times throughout night etc. Maybe they were feeling guilty by end of night, and spent time waiting at car for her before they were like "well, i guess shes really still mad at us, whatever lets just leave"

I'm pretty sure she made it to the concert. Didn't we see something about a security employee remembering her from denying her re-rentry?

P.S. It is freezing and raining where I am, about 2 hrs from Cville....hope its not raining and cold for Morgan, wherever she is. It's almost close to exactly 7 days since anyone has last seen or talked to her....

Some people might poo on this, but has anyone consulted a psychic? Cant hurt; might help.

THE SIGHTINGS AND LACK THEREOF

SECURITY -- Im thinking the maybe "security" folks may not tell the truth if it behooves them. (particularly if they know they weren't on camera.) Iow, "Ut-oh, I kicked out some kid who is missing now..." So... um... no ... I don't recall." and "Nope didnt see her; Sorry" Sad, but some people will lie to save their tushies or if they think they're saving their tushies.

PASSERSBY -- Additionally, the Pantera Tshirt and her unusual attractiveness and very light long hair do make her stand out imo; so it's a little odd that more people aren't reporting seeing SOMETHING - which tells me maybe they did but... BUT - Ok teh "but" is that I could fathom an uninvolved third party thinking to themselves that hypothetically, yeah, they saw a young woman fitting her exact description and she was scuffling with a man who had her by the arm.. But now they fear that they'll look like jerks b/c they didn't do anything to help her at the moment. So maybe they decided to keep it to themselves for fear of public backlash or whatever reasoning they come up to make themselves feel better.... IDK.

Im just the opposite; I report stuff that is probably nothing just in case. But some folks sadly, dont want to get involved for whatever myriad of reasons that they tell themselves in order to rationalize it.

JACKET/COAT
It seems so simple to tell us if she had a coat with her or what happened regarding a jacket. My point is and-I-do-have-one, ... even if she took a coat in, if she were only planning to go to the restroom (which is inside) then she would have for sure left the coat at her seat. If she left her seat with her coat to go to the restroom, then may suggest that she was planning to go outside imo. Sorry I keep raggin on the coat, and maybe there was no coat at all; But they haven't definitively said, have they? And even the smoking area is inside; but did she know that? If she is the only smoker among her group, that may explain why another girl didn't go with her.

The coat speaks to intent in several ways imo. It was cold (40 degrees) and lightly raining that night and the rain likely made it feel even colder. If she were outside without a jacket, that would perhaps make her a bit more motivated to find some place warm. Also, if she had a jacket on, the very distinctive "Pantera" part of the t-shirt would have likely been partially or completely covered.

This takes me back to the G D car (about which no one will tell us the exact parking spot.) If there were a coat at all and if it were left in the car, all the more reason for the friend with the car keys to meet her at the gate and give her the dang keys...unless she didn't want or need them which seems to sugget that there was someone else at hand or she thought there would be. Or maybe there was no coat period. It wasn't part of her initial description. And long live the run-on sentence.

HAIR
How did she have her hair styled? Long cascading blonde (light-colored) hair is an eye catcher for many males, and females for that matter. Not only for the sexual attractiveness factor, but for simple functions of the eye and how we process color and contrast. With long blonde hair falling on a black T-shirt (vs pinned up etc ) and/or all black ensemble, the very light blond on the very dark black makes a memorable image, for one, just b/c of the high contrast.

Was she in the habit of starting the evening with her hair down and later pulling it back or pinning it up? Or for some chicks, when it's down, it stays down.

DISTINCT T SHIRT
Add to that the "Pantera" name at a Metallica concert; not earth shattering in and of itself, but perhaps it's somewhat memory catching for some or many, especially when coupled with the other physical descriptive factors. Then add to that that she has a cute figure and beautiful face. Im a straight chick and I believe I would recall seeing her.

THE PURSE
What kind of purse did she have? Or did she have one with her? or was it in the car? Shoulder strap or hand-carry style? It's harder to drop a shoulder purse. Is it customary to take a purse into a concert? Seems like I'd take my phone, a little cash, maybe ID - and leave the purse in the car.

IDK

Some people might poo on this, but has anyone consulted a psychic? Cant hurt; might help.

THE SIGHTINGS AND LACK THEREOF

SECURITY -- Im thinking the maybe "security" folks may not tell the truth if it behooves them. (particularly if they know they weren't on camera.) Iow, "Ut-oh, I kicked out some kid who is missing now..." So... um... no ... I don't recall." and "Nope didnt see her; Sorry" Sad, but some people will lie to save their tushies or if they think they're saving their tushies.

PASSERSBY -- Additionally, the Pantera Tshirt and her unusual attractiveness and very light long hair do make her stand out imo; so it's a little odd that more people aren't reporting seeing SOMETHING - which tells me maybe they did but... BUT - Ok teh "but" is that I could fathom an uninvolved third party thinking to themselves that hypothetically, yeah, they saw a young woman fitting her exact description and she was scuffling with a man who had her by the arm.. But now they fear that they'll look like jerks b/c they didn't do anything to help her at the moment. So maybe they decided to keep it to themselves for fear of public backlash or whatever reasoning they come up to make themselves feel better.... IDK.

Im just the opposite; I report stuff that is probably nothing just in case. But some folks sadly, dont want to get involved for whatever myriad of reasons that they tell themselves in order to rationalize it.

JACKET/COAT
It seems so simple to tell us if she had a coat with her or what happened regarding a jacket. My point is and-I-do-have-one, ... even if she took a coat in, if she were only planning to go to the restroom (which is inside) then she would have for sure left the coat at her seat. If she left her seat with her coat to go to the restroom, then may suggest that she was planning to go outside imo. Sorry I keep raggin on the coat, and maybe there was no coat at all; But they haven't definitively said, have they? And even the smoking area is inside; but did she know that? If she is the only smoker among her group, that may explain why another girl didn't go with her.

The coat speaks to intent in several ways imo. It was cold (40 degrees) and lightly raining that night and the rain likely made it feel even colder. If she were outside without a jacket, that would perhaps make her a bit more motivated to find some place warm. Also, if she had a jacket on, the very distinctive "Pantera" part of the t-shirt would have likely been partially or completely covered.

This takes me back to the G D car (about which no one will tell us the exact parking spot.) If there were a coat at all and if it were left in the car, all the more reason for the friend with the car keys to meet her at the gate and give her the dang keys...unless she didn't want or need them which seems to sugget that there was someone else at hand or she thought there would be. Or maybe there was no coat period. It wasn't part of her initial description. And long live the run-on sentence.

HAIR
How did she have her hair styled? Long cascading blonde (light-colored) hair is an eye catcher for many males, and females for that matter. Not only for the sexual attractiveness factor, but for simple functions of the eye and how we process color and contrast. With long blonde hair falling on a black T-shirt (vs pinned up etc ) and/or all black ensemble, the very light blond on the very dark black makes a memorable image, for one, just b/c of the high contrast.

Was she in the habit of starting the evening with her hair down and later pulling it back or pinning it up? Or for some chicks, when it's down, it stays down.

DISTINCT T SHIRT
Add to that the "Pantera" name at a Metallica concert; not earth shattering in and of itself, but perhaps it's somewhat memory catching for some or many, especially when coupled with the other physical descriptive factors. Then add to that that she has a cute figure and beautiful face. Im a straight chick and I believe I would recall seeing her.

THE PURSE
What kind of purse did she have? Or did she have one with her? or was it in the car? Shoulder strap or hand-carry style? It's harder to drop a shoulder purse. Is it customary to take a purse into a concert? Seems like I'd take my phone, a little cash, maybe ID - and leave the purse in the car.

IDK

In a place like that I would never leave my jacket just sitting there. But that could just be me.
These are all good points though.

I hope her friends have told the police the truth. It seems that the police don't have a good grasp on the situation. It just seems like if the police wanted the publics help they would have cleared up the early confusion with the car situation.

It seems now that the girls took Morgan's car to the concert. Is that correct? If so how did the rest of the friends leave. Who had Morgan's car keys? It is one thing to stand around and hang around your own car wondering where your friend is but when you take off in their car.... You know they aren't coming back. Thats just really odd unless Morgan was already high when they got to the concert and she didn't even drive down, or she had no intention of going back home with the rest of the "friends" and just gave them the car keys before she even left the arena. The key to the truth is with her friends.

I just hope chick didn't OD and some of her friends freak out and dump her somewhere. (I don't mean the friends she went down there with but some she met up with.) Her friends were into drugs and her dialated pupis tell me she was too. As my mom used to say, "birds of a feather flock together." I hope she just took off. I would love to know how she was doing in her classes? If she knew she was going to fail the semester she might have taken off, especially if mommy and daddy were paying for it....
Wow all of you guys are making striking, thought-provoking points. Smart folks here who think outside the box; gotta love that.

I even wondered about a pregnancy.... could be a hard topic for a minister nurse mom, doctor dean dad, and minister living in the parents' home (if that's true; do we know?)

Also with mom being a nurse; Could Morgan have felt out of town was the only option? But it's been a week. So I'm leaning away from that notion now. Also, it sort of confounds the other info (getting barred from re-entry etc.)

Also, what's the consensus here as far as - did she FOR SURE arrive at the arena? Is there PROOF? (phone pings, security camera?)

Altho a thinking person who wanted to dump a body would deliberately keep the purse and phone and let the phone ping on purpose at some location to imply that the person made it to the area when in fact, only the person's PHONE made it to the area.

But that is so chilling and speaks so poorly of the friends I almost dont want to go there. Plus out of a group of folks, someome almost always freaks from the pressue and spills it.

In a place like that I would never leave my jacket just sitting there. But that could just be me.
These are all good points though.
Yeah., true; But you'd wouldn't leave your coat even with the friends watching it, holding it? I wouldnt want to take the coat into the nasty restroom b/c even the cleanest ones are eewwww. And my stuff almost always falls off that little door hook onto the floor. yikes. But moreover, I'd be even more inclinded to leave it in the car unless I had to walk a long long way in the cold. Again that goes back to where they were parked (how far from the entrance? and was there a shuttle?) which we dont know; do we?

JACKET/COAT

THE PURSE

IDK

Respectfully snipped - Kant - I love the way you think!

I have been really curious about the jacket because if I reported someone missing and had to describe what he/she was wearing I would start with the jacket. I would say she had on a black jacket with...whatever else. This has not been reported anywhere...in fact, quite the opposite. I also wonder if she would have taken the jacket into the concert. I never take a jacket just b/c I hate to keep up with it.

I also agree that if she had a jacket on it would have been difficult for people to see the Pantera t-shirt.

I do, however, take my purse everywhere so I can see that especially if she is a smoker and most likely didn't have pockets in her mini skirt. We smokers need the smokes, a lighter, plus the ID, cell phone, ticket and cash. Plus - I'm betting she would have had lipstick/gloss and mints or candy. Other things we smokers often have. I wish they would release what else was in her purse. I believe lots of things can be determined by what a woman has in her bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member