Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find. Know what RMC (his employer) is?

C6

I'm thinking this company http://www.rmcevents.com/.

I'm wondering when he spoke to her, where he spoke to her, what did they speak about, was she with anyone, how was her mood, what was she wearing, etc. So many questions. I wonder if he's spoken to law enforcement, at this point, I would hope so, but you never know.

Is this what she wrote back to him in response? Found it on the second link:

"Yeah, I heard about that on the news, it's so terrible! I echo your thoughts that she'll be found safe, and soon...try not to beat yourself up about it too much. You couldn't have known how things would turn out, and even though I wasn't there that night, I know that when you're on duty, you always perform above and beyond what is asked or expected. Certainly, her interaction with you provided a positive impact. Whether you realise it or not, you definitely leave an impression on everyone you meet. You have an uncanny ability to reach out to people and empathise with them, no matter what their issue is or how well you know them. It's your gift. All I know for sure is that of all people, you were the best RMC staff member she could have come across this weekend. Try to take comfort in the fact that you did all you could for her, considering you can't see the future. :::hugs::: Much love, always!"

I don't remember seeing this comment posted. (From Myspace.)

DW

Oct 19 2009 11:51 PM

no i'm fine. but this girl, morgan harrington, went missing at the metallica concert. if you've seen the news. well i had spoken with her that night, and i just feel like i should've done more to help. i feel quite distraught about it.

Where it was found: http://www.myspace.com/poniesrgr8
The person who left the comment: http://www.myspace.com/silverity

If this was posted, let me know and I'll delete it.

I'm thinking this company http://www.rmcevents.com/.

I'm wondering when he spoke to her, where he spoke to her, what did they speak about, was she with anyone, how was her mood, what was she wearing, etc. So many questions. I wonder if he's spoken to law enforcement, at this point, I would hope so, but you never know.

Sounds like he might have been part of event security. Possibly the one who refused her re-entry.

Melissa

Is this what she wrote back to him in response? Found it on the second link:

"Yeah, I heard about that on the news, it's so terrible! I echo your thoughts that she'll be found safe, and soon...try not to beat yourself up about it too much. You couldn't have known how things would turn out, and even though I wasn't there that night, I know that when you're on duty, you always perform above and beyond what is asked or expected. Certainly, her interaction with you provided a positive impact. Whether you realise it or not, you definitely leave an impression on everyone you meet. You have an uncanny ability to reach out to people and empathise with them, no matter what their issue is or how well you know them. It's your gift. All I know for sure is that of all people, you were the best RMC staff member she could have come across this weekend. Try to take comfort in the fact that you did all you could for her, considering you can't see the future. :::hugs::: Much love, always!"

Seems to be Sarah Szczerbiak's response to him (DW). I wonder about the nature of the encounter, since she talks of "positive impact" and his doing "all you could for her", not how I would describe refusing her re-entry under the present circumstances.

C6

I agree. Doesn't sound like they were talking about her refusal to be let in at all. So, I wonder what it was they talked about? How he met/came across her? Etc.

Seems to be Sarah Szczerbiak's response to him (DW). I wonder about the nature of the encounter, since she talks of "positive impact" and his doing "all you could for her", not how I would describe refusing her re-entry under the present circumstances.

C6

Maybe I'm naive or something, but why aren't they allowed back in the concert? Thanks in advance.

Im guessing 2 or 3 things: (1) fear of folks sneaking in without paying for a ticket; (2) decreasing their food and beverage sales (3) If they frisk people they'd have to re-frisk them upon re-entry.

And for the drinks and snacks etc, iow, if you can come and go, in and out to your car and fill your flask or down some shots, you're probably not buying THEIR liquor or other beverages.

They're probably thinking that, let's say you can re-enter with a ticket stub, for example; Let's say 4 go in with paid tickets. One of those 4 takes the other three stubs plus his own, outside. He gives the 3 stubs (that the first 3 - who are still inside -gave him) to the next 3 friends who are waiting outside. That way 3 people dont have to pay to get in. Or rather they can split the cost of the original 4 tickets among 7 people. I dont know the logisitics of the actual seating tho. A place to sit could be iffy if it's sold out and the format is assigned seating. IDK

C6

I don't think her comment was talking about the re-entry, but life in general and how good of a guy he is and he would do anything for anyone.

You're absolutely right. I hope he gets back to you and shares what he can.

My first reaction was that he wasn't talking about her not being allowed back in too. But what he said could be so many things with some of the "witness accounts or theories", so now it's going to bother me until I hear from him!

Shannon that is one of the questions I am asking. I always keep my keys. If somebody else is driving I give them the keys just as we leave. I like to have access to my car. I also wonder that she went to the bathroom alone. Women usually travel in pairs. I also wonder what made her go outside when her Metallica was going on and she had been waiting 6 months to see them. Then I wonder if she had her purse why wouldn't she have her ticket. You always keep your ticket in a safe place...purse or pocket.
I have thought while she was watching Lamb of God she got a phone call from somebody she and her friends knew and went outside to meet them. Sorry to say but it was probably the "bad boy" she was attracted to and her parents did not want her to see. She went outside to meet him. They might have argued and her phone was ringing with her friends wondering what was going on. He grabbed the phone and took out the battery to silence the friends. They argued, he grabbed her, she dropped her purse....
Anyway my mind is going in that direction. For some reason I keep thinking of the run a way bride. Hummm......

That's what I was thinking. I contacted him. I'll see if he responds.

We strongly advise that posters do not contact 'case players', if you think he knows something, or is involved in someway contact LE and let them handle it. You do not want to compromise the investigation. If I am misundertanding forgive me, I have not read every post.

I don't think her comment was talking about the re-entry, but life in general and how good of a guy he is and he would do anything for anyone.

Exactly. I don't think her response is totally specific to his interaction with Morgan. I'm thinking it is the re-entry guy and what she's saying is that she's sure that he tried to do as much as he could for Morgan within the rules of his job. He wasn't allowed to let her in, but she's saying she's sure he would have been nicer about it than most of the security people would have been. I do feel for him.

Sounds like a heavy burden has been placed on that young mans shoulders. I am sure everybody that was in contact with Morgan that fateful night is saying what if I .......

But fate is fate and the evening played its self out as it was meant to happen.

I just hope she is found and it is all a big misunderstanding but I am afraid for her.

I don't know about anyone else but I have a huge feeling that there is a big lead in her cell phone. I think that LE should purchase another battery to put into the phone so that they can turn it on & look through her phone. The fact that the original battery is missing out of that phone tells me there is something in it that the suspect didn't want LE to know about.

and this one from Sarah....Oct 17 2009 11:42 AM

Hi!!! I assume you're working the show tonight, which is pretty awesome...as much as I disagree with their views on file sharing, they're basically rock royalty. If they play Unforgiven one or two, think of me, 'cos I love those ;) I will be thinking of you fondly, and hoping you have a smooth shift, and hoping you DON'T get posted at a place that's akin to a wind tunnel. It's way too cold for that now! Much love always! :)

Maybe I'm naive or something, but why aren't they allowed back in the concert? Thanks in advance.

Not a clue. Different venues have different rules. Usually the tickets will state what is allowed and isn't allowed.

Melissa

Morning all (my time :))

On FB page they really need locals if anyone can help?

"Jeshua Valentino: More "Morgan's rangers" needed: Looking for volunteers experienced in hiking and biking to post flyers at
National parks in Shenandoah, Washington, and Jefferson forests. Any parks and trails in
West Virginia, Eastern Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina would be
most appreciated. We also need help of Pennsylvanians and Marylanders
too (I-81/I-68/I-70/I-76) to get flyers, keep a vigil, and the word out
."

Locals commenting on here and other sites who have been out there distributing flyers or checking the area all say how very dark and isolated and empty it is as you leave the area. You'd think that would mean so many places to thoroughly search. Still don't get why they stopped the ground search. I'm thankful people from here and other sites are continuing actively searching for her and canvassing the area.

Jeshua: "Third patrol night. I tried one of the most likely escape route approximately at 9:30 p.m. It being a college town, there's plenty of activity. One big difference is tonight, there's nothing going on at PJP arena. Using the access route on Copeley, I drove southbound this time onto route US 250 (Ivy Road - that becomes Ox Road).

I was out of town near darkness in less than nine (9) minutes (7 miles from PJP) west bound on route US 250. There's nothing much south of the road once you get past the first gas stations (Shell and Exxon), just woods and golf courses. There's a fork at about the tenth mile on US 250, where it splits to US 240 and I-64. It's at the junction under the rail road bridge by Mechem creek. After that, just isolation and darkness
."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member