Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Secret_Agent_Mom... where'd you go? FYI, I did get to sleep last night even after reading your post. :) I get spooked easily and I think it's b/c I'm very attuned to gifts like yours. I do think it's a gift. I don't have it but when it is described, I get chills, tears, and have very vivid images. I actually had a vivid image of Morgan pop into my mind last night while reading your post - not a picture I had seen but an image of her somewhere. I think that's why I got spooked!

Anyway, please post more - it's very interesting.

------------The stuff blocked off is a bit old/repeat a bit of other posters' ideas------------------------------------------

I've been reading the postings for days now. Since some of the facts go back and forth, I will try and throw out a coherent scenario (I wonder if the person who took her, assuming, reads these and uses the info to stay ahead of LE?)

Anyway, we know she gets to the arena, and is overly friendly. I think she is either naturally like that or on something. After they get inside, maybe they get free drinks? not sure. But if you look in findmorgan.com someone posted that they saw her taking pictures of people in her section, then later they saw her fall from a certain height, and breaks/busts her nose. The report says she was stoned completely and looked separated from her group.
I bet her whole group was stoned at this point, or they were somehow disoriented. This fits with the other report of a lady seeing someone in the bathroom (fitting description) crying, looking like she was hit in the face. So now, Morgan is stoned and most likely suffering froma concussion, and listening to death metal. If it was me, yeah, Id be in the bathroom at least, and more liekly out the door.

I think at first, she figured, she'd wait for her friends to come get her before Metallic started or something. She may have possibly been flush/feverish initially outside. She mite have texted them at first. Also, she may have tried to get in several times. OR told them, she was gonna wait at the car, at first, then realized she forgot the keys too.
So she waits on the steps of the arena. Why wait there, unless you expect your friends to come out. But they didnt, and she may have been thinking they were jerks for not stickin together. (someone tell me why they mention she bought more than one ticket, and who got the other ticket). It may also be during the time she is waiting, multiple guys have now passed her, and maybe some have been jerks. So when the couple, at the 9;30 approach, she's already crashing from the high, has been offended, by her friends and strangers, and she is definitey cold (my fingers would be numb).

So she figures/tells one person she's either gonna go wait somewher til the concert is over, and tell them where to pick her up, or maybe she'll come back to the car? Maybe she says she ll find someone to give her a ride--maybe to the train station? Not knowing it was already closed. Maybe she called a cab?
At this point, around 10ish, for me the details are fuzzy. IF the grandma's report is true, maybe someone was like yeah come with me, and at first she was like "WTF, ok, i cant just stay here." But at some point the dude reveals his intentions, and she's at least like F-u, and he's still tryin to help her out, and/or help himself out?

She may still have a concussion, assuming the fall-part was true and significant.And with , assumably now number fingers, she may be dropping the purse over and over (as someone reported seeing). So I think, she may be looking for either: a woman/girl for help, or someone with her school colors (good point to who made this), a couple, several dudes (somehow sometimes girls think nothing will happen if there are several dude?), or some ol' man who she has seen before or looks like he has a kind face.

I think maybe someone saw her and was like I'm gonna get somethin tonite. If she's dropped her purse already, wearing a Pantera shirt, maybe they think she wasnt at the concert, just hangin around for some reason? Also, she is alone, and presumably stoned, so maybe no one will miss her, or she's homeless, etc? Not sure about this. But Im sure almost anyone could say, "hey, ill solve your problem. the one your closest childhood friends didn't." "you can trust me, here look, i'm trustworhy because.insert any lie, such as I'm going to pick up my wife/gf...

I think after that point, maybe the concussion was in full effect? maybe they gave her drugs/alcohol to make it even more easy, and she had a reaction. Or theperson was on the prowl from the begnning?

I still don;t understand the RV part. What do people park there at that time of nite? Could someone have pulled up and given her a ride at that point? Meaning, the person doesnt drive an RV?

I have a lot of Q's.
Whats on the phone? what does the call text log reveal? Which towers did the phone ping off when it was active? How much juice was in the battery before they got to the concert?

If the cell towers are close enough, can "skilled" LE track the different pings off different phones from those towers and locate the owners, or direction of movement from the different phones?
Are there images on the phone that can be used to search surveillance? Is the person local or not local?

For the criminal:
IF youre local and you take such criminal actions? Do you, get outta dodge? lay low till the heat dies down (maybe thats why there isnt anything posted about this girl/no patrols)?
Head to the mountains and lay low? If you suddenly got this catch, and say you didnt expect it? Keep her alive or get rid of her? How will you feed her? Are you keeping her incapacitated? physically? mentally? Does the criminal give LE a tip to send them in the wrong direction, or confuse the factline? Stay in VA or go out of state?

For LE:
do you patrol undercover, evasdropping? Do you spread the search area out further? Utilize the public's assistance or keep it hush hush to "not jeapordize the investigation"?
Does an Amber alert technically jeapordize the investigation, in this way? when you follow up on leads, do you use a voice analyzer? who is coordinating all of this? Have you asked that all fans turn in every form of surveillance from the concert?
Who is reviewing this? Has every fan/willing, accounted for what they saw, when they came or left

I think the father will release more info, once he sees LE is not making major progress. Peoples' memories will get clouded or fade if they don't get more info out soon.

I also think you should look for people who are doing something out of te ordinary, like taking a vacation all fo a sudden, or not answering their phones when you expect them (you know what I mean)

I think the better thing to do is figure ifit was someone local, whom she met before at a previous concert. Is this/these person(s) a student? Can they canvass the student pop for students absent from classes for a week or so, and include those who were going to the concert or who can be placed in the vicinity around that time.

What was the hotel shutdown thing, really? and why just the parking lot? why not the whole place? I think if LE tries to put the timeline together and play catch up to wherever she mite be, they may end up way behind.

I think all motels, rest stops, hotels, grocery stores, every place this person will need access/materials should have flyers and be canvassed. Maybe an increase in the usae of utilities at a place that normally does not require much heat or electricity?
I don't think keeping it local was a good idea, if the perp(s) had a 24hr head start.

Back to the timeline thing, I think the person/friend who was contacted by Morgan was not necessarily the same person who decided they should stay and wait (Assuming this was true and they really waited for hours).
If it was me, I would waited then drve around, or split up into groups to achieve both. Maybe they called her a bunch of times, to no avail and decided she was having fun somewhere or she was angry at them? IF she was angry then maybe they decided it was not best to call the cops??

I think the father/mother told the public she didnt have a BF and didnt know anyone in C-ville, so if people spotted her with someone, they wouldnt think that was a friend/bf etc.

The real point is to keep the pressure on the criminal where he eventually is either too comfortable and makes a mistake or is under too much stress and makes a mistake.
I think if pressure rises on the perp(s) they will have to get rid of her (D or A) somehow. If it was a skilled criminal/s, then they might be long gone (Even if local) more than 24hrs later. Assuming they are keping her alive, then what minimizes their expenses, maximizes their safety from LE?

IF LE hasnt done a great job, then even about 1hr away, most people will not be aware or on guard., and with each hr of distance it'll be much worse since LE is "playing this one close to the vest".

Also, the point is to get the people with the best memories and analytics in LE and have them sift through the info. It would be better to somehow record and process alll info, seemingly unrelated, not just related to Morgan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The above post is old for me, from yesterday morning, and has some typos. So, some of the info has since been quoted by other posters and I agree, such as a second set of keys.

Going back to the video stuff now, I doubt that is her. IF you look in the Dan Harrington Hook, news posting, you see a picture of her and her legs/knees. The girl from the video does not have the same bone structure for legs or face, I think (Assuming the picture is not that old).

Plus, going back to the findmorgan.com witness report about MH falling, she was higher up.

I forgot to ask, if the friends said she had a camera with her, or her phone has flash/camera.

I think Uva is sand bagging themselves in the end by not supporting the search, which grows colder by the minute. They have an army of people/stuednts who could search for her and valuable resources to make this come to fruition.

Going back to the father, if I was him I'd be talking to all the universities to get the word out. I'd also pay for some billboard adds, like 1hr or 2hrs away from C-ville even (the perps usually seem to leave town to keep their new pets/brides, or whatever those freaks call them), and see if a mural/Find morgan poster could be posted on some of the university's buildings, and get them to keep it there for several months.

LE should put the word out that they're looking for people who havent shown up to work for a week unexplained....etc (have to cut these ideas short for now). I think they/we should try and figure out where the perp went or is...instead of focusing too much on her during the concert. Also, maybe the data from the phone will make more sense to someone not in LE? Also, they should set up a twitter tip line, and have people reviewing the various tips coming that way. I mean, i bet there have been people with good tips, who cant get through or do not get called back even.

And someone has to do something to get trick or treaters to have flyers when they go canvassing, uh i mean walking around next week.

Also, what about the various mountain areas in the region?

I may have said this before, but I think the best spots to target for posters, are convenience stores, hardware stores, pharmacies, and fast food stores.

Sorry for the rambling post.

Were there any RVs there that night? There's a special parking area for RVs right?

Also, the "passerby" who found the purse and turned it in sunday morning....

Morgan wasn't reported missing til early Sun afternoon, so why were they there? They weren't there on a "search" b/c she wasn't known to be missing yet.

Originally posted by Eyespeeled

[snip for space] (someone tell me why they mention she bought more than one ticket, and who got the other ticket).

I dont have a link handy, but I read where her dad bought "tickets" -- plural.

Were there any RVs there that night? There's a special parking area for RVs right?

Also, the "passerby" who found the purse and turned it in sunday morning....

Morgan wasn't reported missing til early Sun afternoon, so why were they there? They weren't there on a "search" b/c she wasn't known to be missing yet.

It seems likely that an RV area would allow them to remain parked there overnight after the concert/game/whatever event. Since many who have gone to look over this area have stated that it is not well lit, the person who found the purse probably noticed it as they were preparing to leave the next morning. It may not have been there when they got back to their RV the night before, or it may have just gone unnoticed in the darkness.

jmoo

kant---about the tickets. thanks for the reply.

do we/or you know who the recipients were?

we have final confirmation from the 3rd girl Morgan was with that night
Sarah Snead (Northside High) wrote
at 3:36pm
Those pictures are of a boy and girl that go to JMU...i actually know them through a mutual friend and am 100% positive that that is not morgan. She has longer hair, her shirt was not cut off, and she had on hose. That video was brought to my attention last night but i am sure that is not morgan. Keep up the good work though.

And now from the girl herself :)

snipped the friend's reply (part saying she doesn't think the photos are Morgan) and this is the part about the friend's involvement:
and as for her other friends, there are a lot of blogs and websites and videos and articles going around right now and it's hard for everyone to keep up with and respond to everything especially considering the pain everyone is going through right now. most of her friends are out being active in the search for morgan or working w/ the police and fbi and being with morgan's family and each other in personal settings.

I think this is important to notice. The people involved are working with LE and just because they aren't telling the story in the media I think it's safe to say that the friends have been questioned in a detailed manner and since LE seems to believe them I'd be willing to bet once you hear the full story a lot of the questionable things make sense.

Think about it I know if it was me I would fully cooperate with LE in any way possible, but unless the family or LE thought it would help and specifically ASK me to speak to the media there is no way in hell I would talk to them, those kind of things can blow up and get really ugly and out of hand really quick. In a case where there is no leads they are looking for someone to focus on and in the chase of the 'story' and dirty details today's media seem to regard facts and taking quotations in context etc. as antiquated inconveniences. These kids don't need that circus especially right now.

Also as far as things like "did they check the surveillance tapes" "have they interviewed her friends" "they need to get a new battery and check her phone" "have they pulled her phone records" “are they checking her computer” ?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Come on it's being investigated by local police, state police, and the FBI not Reno 911 or Mayberry PD. Look I know these agencies aren't prefect but I'm sure any obvious things like this have already been done give them a little credit.

Lastly about all these sightings I won't bore you with the detail but if you start to read through them many of them just don't make sense. Someone said something like ‘well there are so many of them some have to be true’ but I disagree b/c they did not come out all at once. One person tells a story then the next one the report weaves the details he/she heard from the last one into their story/memory.

This is how it works: grandmother sees something a little odd does not notice many details. She doesn't really think too much about it. 2 days later she hears about a missing girl and stories of her maybe being in a fight yada yada yada. She remembers seeing something she does not remember the details but her mind goes back and fills in the details based on what she has heard of Morgan from the media etc. With a day of thinking about it she is now sure she saw Morgan and exactly what happened. The grandmother is not doing anything wrong and is sincerely trying to help, she believes her memories and they seem real to her 100%, but they are not accurate and are colored by what she heard after the fact. This happens ALL THE TIME it’s just the way the human mind works our brains look to subconsciously 'fill in the details'. This is a big reason why in the last 15 years DNA testing has exonerated so many people who have been found wrongfully accused of rape. Some disproportionate number of these convictions were based solely or mainly on eye witness testimony. And again most of these witnesses are good people who were not consciously lying. Our minds take things we hear (and other bias we have) etc. and mix them with our actually memories sometimes creating false memories, or false details in our memories, and study after study has shown that in our minds these memories are as real as actually memories.

That being said IDK 100% of these stories could be true who knows, but I really wouldn't get too far out on any of them as it could lead away from what actually happened.

It seems likely that an RV area would allow them to remain parked there overnight after the concert/game/whatever event. Since many who have gone to look over this area have stated that it is not well lit, the person who found the purse probably noticed it as they were preparing to leave the next morning. It may not have been there when they got back to their RV the night before, or it may have just gone unnoticed in the darkness.

jmoo
I agree that the people in the RV have a reason to be there in the RV lot, of course; (dont know for how long tho; what's customary regarding RVs?) Anyway, they didn't really specify (that I heard) that the "passerby" who found the purse etc was indeed an RV owner/passenger; so that's why I was asking. :)

I think this is important to notice. The people involved are working with LE and just because they aren't telling the story in the media I think it's safe to say that the friends have been questioned in a detailed manner and since LE seems to believe them I'd be willing to bet once you hear the full story a lot of the questionable things make sense.

Think about it I know if it was me I would fully cooperate with LE in any way possible, but unless the family or LE thought it would help and specifically ASK me to speak to the media there is no way in hell I would talk to them, those kind of things can blow up and get really ugly and out of hand really quick. In a case where there is no leads they are looking for someone to focus on and in the chase of the 'story' and dirty details today's media seem to regard facts and taking quotations in context etc. as antiquated inconveniences. These kids don't need that circus especially right now.

Also as far as things like "did they check the surveillance tapes" "have they interviewed her friends" "they need to get a new battery and check her phone" "have they pulled her phone records" “are they checking her computer” ?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Come on it's being investigated by local police, state police, and the FBI not Reno 911 or Mayberry PD. Look I know these agencies aren't prefect but I'm sure any obvious things like this have already been done give them a little credit.

Lastly about all these sightings I won't bore you with the detail but if you start to read through them many of them just don't make sense. Someone said something like ‘well there are so many of them some have to be true’ but I disagree b/c they did not come out all at once. One person tells a story then the next one the report weaves the details he/she heard from the last one into their story/memory.

This is how it works: grandmother sees something a little odd does not notice many details. She doesn't really think too much about it. 2 days later she hears about a missing girl and stories of her maybe being in a fight yada yada yada. She remembers seeing something she does not remember the details but her mind goes back and fills in the details based on what she has heard of Morgan from the media etc. With a day of thinking about it she is now sure she saw Morgan and exactly what happened. The grandmother is not doing anything wrong and is sincerely trying to help, she believes her memories and they seem real to her 100%, but they are not accurate and are colored by what she heard after the fact. This happens ALL THE TIME it’s just the way the human mind works our brains look to subconsciously 'fill in the details'. This is a big reason why in the last 15 years DNA testing has exonerated so many people who have been found wrongfully accused of rape. Some disproportionate number of these convictions were based solely or mainly on eye witness testimony. And again most of these witnesses are good people who were not consciously lying. Our minds take things we hear (and other bias we have) etc. and mix them with our actually memories sometimes creating false memories, or false details in our memories, and study after study has shown that in our minds these memories are as real as actually memories.

That being said IDK 100% of these stories could be true who knows, but I really wouldn't get too far out on any of them as it could lead away from what actually happened.

I think when people post things like, "Have they checked her computer yet?" they are really asking, "What did they find? " or "Have they revealed yet what they found?" ...like that.

Iow, when you're trying to follow a case in pages and pages of different threads on multiples sites, you can miss part of something that was revealed if you missed that page. I think maybe it's just a semantics thing. :)

moo

Waddles, if you have found all these vids on your own you are AWESOMELY AMAZING. Heck even if you didn't find them all by yourself, you are still awesomely amazing.

Back to the clips, the friends who say they do not think it's her... are these the ones who were at the concert or other friends?

Will the friends or Harrington family give us some recent home movie clips for our own comparison purposes?

There are bound to many more videos floating around in cyberland imo. If people take the time to really really LOOK at them... it's worth a try for those who are inclined and who have time etc.

I know PCs are different and monitor resolution varies. FWIW, it may help to watch these more than once (again when we have time; dang that pesky working-a-job-business-getting-in-the-way of our sleuthing) :) but FWIW:

I watch the clip once with size as is & with sound

then I watch it again, but set at 200% enlarged & with sound

then again at full screen & with sound

then last one more time back to 200% but WITHOUT sound.

After that I only watch it as needed to check out other posters' responses when someone brings up a specific point etc on the time/seconds marker.

2 cents.

I know I could be in a delusional optimistic mode here, but I'm not convinced that it isn't her - not yet. Im not strictly going by "what mom said she was wearing" if something is a little off. (Removing tights for example is totally believable imo)

Also, the exact hair color is not deterring me b/c the lighting THERE can cast colors, tints, shadows, whatnot. And everyone's individual monitor has its own color issues; Plus the person's device on which is was shot (cell pohone, camcorder etc) could have its own color issues. So iow the exact hair color is not good enought to rule her out imo.

Additionally, what's the word on the possiblity of hair extensions?

tia
MOO

Hi sorry and thank you!! I just saw this-it was confirmed about an hour ago for real by the very girl who is in the video-her name is D-she even posted a pic as proof-I have gone back and edited my posts out of respect for her

I've been lurking and reading this thread and haven't seen this mentioned:
Why didn't she just ask her friends when she called/text to look for her ticket stub and bring it down to her? Or come down and try to help her to get back in? Also, I would reckon the roadies might have an RV in that lot and that one of them either saw her in distress, or if before the concert, promised her backstage entrance if she'd meet him downstairs or outside. Or someone posing as a roadie to trick a girl. Maybe these have been mentioned already.

On FB: I had a friend who went to the concert and he and his friend saw her outside the arena at about 9 PM. His friend contacted the police and relayed the details of the encounter. What is weird though is that the police did not contact my friend who was with him even though his friend gave them his contact info. His description of the encounter makes me think the encounter was relevant

have asked if this is the same couple who commented on the pantera t-shirt-awaiting reply-how odd LE did not contact them?

just a few comments

I think Uva is sand bagging themselves in the end by not supporting the search, which grows colder by the minute. They have an army of people/stuednts who could search for her and valuable resources to make this come to fruition.

I understand why many ppl think uva maybe hindering the investigation and obviously this is frustrating, but I have not seen anything more than suspisions listed here and no direct information that the university has done anything to hinder the investigation so maybe we should not slander them to much without any proof. As far as i know there were exstensive searches in the area for the first few days and honestly if there's nothing there, theres nothing there it doesn't matter if they search the area with a thousand people everyday till the end of time. If there is nothing more to be found then all that would be is a collousal waste of time.

Going back to the father, if I was him I'd be talking to all the universities to get the word out. I'd also pay for some billboard adds, like 1hr or 2hrs away from C-ville even (the perps usually seem to leave town to keep their new pets/brides, or whatever those freaks call them), and see if a mural/Find morgan poster could be posted on some of the university's buildings, and get them to keep it there for several months.

Most perps take the victim to the nearest location they feel safe do whatever they are gong to do and then drop the victim of usually deceased somewhere all within like 24 hours or so. There have been some well publisized stories lately about ppl being abducted and held for years, but I'm fairly sure that this is far far from the norm. As far as the father none of us know what we would in this type of situation till we are in it. Remember the man's 20 year oldsdaught is missing and mostly likely has experience some horrible things and this all has happened less than 10 days ago. I'm quite sure the mans plate is pretty full right now and sure he has been talking to anyone he can to get the word out, billoard couldn't hurt, but really billboards 2hrs away I think are not on the top of his priorities ATM.

LE should put the word out that they're looking for people who havent shown up to work for a week unexplained....etc (have to cut these ideas short for now). I think they/we should try and figure out where the perp went or is...instead of focusing too much on her during the concert. Also, maybe the data from the phone will make more sense to someone not in LE?

How do you know thats who LE is looking for? Although I, and it seems like you, think there is a strong possiblity she was abducted the fact is none of us even know that for a fact. Secondly it's highly likely that if who ever did this had a day off (and maybe even if they didn't) they did not miss any work at all. So then you put out that you are looking for someone who hasn't been to work in a week and you have Jane Doe who is really suspious of her co-work/friend John Doe and she is trying to decide whether or not to call in then she hears LE is looking for someone who has not been to work in a week so she decides not to call him in when in fact he is the perp......

It's fine to put things out there when you KNOW or are like 95% + certain they are FACT, but if you are putting something out there based on some theory of what MAY have happened then you are not only not being helpful you can actually end up being extermly UNHELPFUL.

Why didn't she just ask her friends when she called/text to look for her ticket stub and bring it down to her? Or come down and try to help her to get back in?

It's hard to tell because all the details are sketchy but my understanding is that it was not an issue of the ticket but the issue was they have a no re-admittance policy so if leave you can not come back in regardless of whether you have your ticket or not.

About the ticket and re-entry. At events I've been to at Virginia Tech there is no ticket stub anymore, just a ticket with a barcode. At the door there are people with handheld barcode readers. They zap your ticket their ticket reader thingie makes a doorbell-like tone and you are allowed to enter, keeping your ticket. Usually there is someone at each section who asks to see your ticket again to make sure you in place you belong (the cheap seats not the $$$ ones)

Presumably, once your ticket is read its barcode is no longer valid (otherwise savvy counterfeiters could mass produce tickets) and won't work to get back in. Its been a few years since I've seen anyplace that tears tickets anymore.
So if that was the system she might have been turned away when her ticket was rejected by the barcode reader person. There would have been nothing that a friend could have done to help her get around that except give her $$ to buy another ticket, I guess.

Hi sorry and thank you!! I just saw this-it was confirmed about an hour ago for real by the very girl who is in the video-her name is D-she even posted a pic as proof-I have gone back and edited my posts out of respect for her
I need to remove some stuff too right? (the photos?)

I'm not sure people should get too hung up on the RV angle. I believe that th lot is designated for RVs for football/baseball and other athletic events. For JPJ events it may be a pay lot with shuttle bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste