Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very disappointed by the press conference. I was hoping that LE had much more than they were sharing, but I no longer feel that is the case. They don't have anything. I'm not usually one to jump in and criticize how LE handles most cases, but it just really seems like they dropped the ball on this one. Last night's lead stories were about the Youtube video that was confirmed DAYS AGO to *NOT* be MH. I'm sorry, but it seems like even we, with our limited resources and limited (at least in my case) investigative skill are further along!

To hear that they're just now getting the phone records to confirm the timing of the calls? Insanity! I thought for sure that would have been something they had done and were just keeping from us for some reason. This timeline indicates only that several people came forward with sightings, not that any investigation at all has been completed. What about surveillance? What about nearby ATMs and gas stations? What about polling all local businesses for any images available? What about the flyers?

I'm really starting to worry that if we don't find her, there isn't much hope for the authorities finding her, and we have almost nothing to go on! Now more than ever I hope the friends make some public appearances, take some questions, anything might help, really, you never know where the one little nugget of information you need will come from. Sorry for the rant, I'm just very concerned at this point and losing hope for this poor girl.

I'm thinking you know how LE said nothing relevant was found on all surveillance cameras -maybe they meant nothing new-maybe they saw her and it tied in with times where everyone else saw her -like when she was trying to gte back in, so it was not relevant...

I'm thinking you know how LE said nothing relevant was found on all surveillance cameras -maybe they meant nothing new-maybe they saw her and it tied in with times where everyone else saw her -like when she was trying to gte back in, so it was not relevant...

That makes sense. I hope you're correct. Do you think we are to take these as verified, researched sightings? Specifically the bridge sighting. It's very odd that she would lose her purse and continue across the bridge like nothing had happened, that particular sighting sequence is curious to me.

So she is last seen at Lannigan Field parking and vanished from there, and her purse is found at the Lannigan Field parking, so really looks like she was indeed abducted in a car

oh sorry woops just saw the 930 sighting

So, she might have dropped/lost the purse at Lannigan Field before she headed further away from the arena on Copeley Bridge (depending on which way she was going on the bridge), or it could have been later if she returned to the lot.

On another poster's point, Copeley Bridge is over railroad tracks, not water.

I'm not particularly good with pinpointing on maps, but from the Arena to UHall is a couple hundred yards (at most) south, from there to Lannigan is a couple hundred more west (depending on where in the parking lot...if back by the baseball field, it's a bit more), and Copeley Bridge is between UHall and Lannigan, and slightly south of the Lannigan entrance. If M.H. was on Copeley Bridge going south it would be past a student apartment complex and a bank toward a 7-11 and a few other businesses. Turning right at the next intersection would be heading out of town on Ivy Road/250 Business, and there's a Chinese restaurant, then a grocery store, then a small strip shopping center, then not much else (with railroad tracks behind).

Going straight across Ivy road on Copeley would get into faculty and other housing and winding eventually (half a mile?) to central UVA grounds (with the Aquatic and Fitness Center gym where I saw flyers posted and the football stadium).

Turning left from Copeley onto Ivy would take one past a restaurant, the 7-11, a small shopping complex (camera store and a bank?), a UVA parking structure (set back from the road), and then a motel caddy-corner to main UVA grounds. Turning back north on Emmet Street one would go past UHall and get back to the Arena, circumventing a large block. Continuing east on Ivy Road/250 Business/Main Street (crossing Emmet) would be heading into town and would get one to "the Corner," the center of bar/restaurant activity nearest UVA grounds (and close to the Rotunda and the Academical Village) in about 4 blocks, passing a gas station, tennis courts, a practice/intramural field, the president's house, frats and sororities, the Rotunda, an Episcopal church, a bank, a bagel place, and another convenience store. I wasn't out that night, but it's oftentimes very busy there with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.

But if she was spotted on Copeley Bridge heading north (i.e., toward the arena or back to Lannigan Field), then the above is probably irrelevant.

Sure, I think she was spotted at some point walking toward that area in back of the arena where there is parking and was followed.
Who are the friends in the area she was so sure she could get to ride her back on a moments notice instead of just waiting another 90 minutes for the concert to end?
Weird.

This may have already been posted, but....

if she was that excited about seeing Metallica in concert, but couldn't get back in, why not just stand outside by the entrance and listen from outside? I'm sure it was probably loud enough to hear from the entrance door. It doesn't make sense to me that she would have left to get a ride home or walked away by herself. JMHO

Did I read this correctly: I think I read (from accounts of this morning's timeline conference) that the phone contact between Morgan and her friend when Morgan was outside the arena was initiated by the friend who was inside the arena, NOT by Morgan. Still not sure whether it was a voice contact or a text message.

How could LE have let the checking of her phone go until this week??? Seems unbelievable!!

Good idea about dredging the waterways around that area.

TIA.

This may have already been posted, but....

if she was that excited about seeing Metallica in concert, but couldn't get back in, why not just stand outside by the entrance and listen from outside? I'm sure it was probably loud enough to hear from the entrance door. It doesn't make sense to me that she would have left to get a ride home or walked away by herself. JMHO

Unless she was walking through parking lots to see if she could score an extra ticket that someone might have had, realizing her no-reentry predicament and really wanting to see the show in person...

and if i'm to understand correctly, her purse was found, nice and neat, with no sign of distress, only her cell phone inside was missing it's battery.

Do I really look that gulible people? do you think i buy any of this??????????
(speaking to her family and le)

And what "signs of distress" would you be looking for from the purse...furthermore all they said was no signs of a struggle I’ve never heard the condition of the purse elaborated.

I personally find the families behavior throughout the whole thing to be quite reasonable (and imo admirable). I find the fact they are already starting to accept that things my not turn out well and that they are holding up without lashing out or playing the blame game is a sign of good reasonable mental health considering the situation and also strength of character and faith. With every piece of information that is released from reliable sources (i.e. not some yahoo's comments on a blog somewhere) the story of the friends and the position of the family makes more sense. In this press conference they said friends talked to her and suggested ways she could get back in, also the friends initiated the call. It also said that she said I’ll get a ride home with friend in C'ville, with this information doesn't her friends stories sound much more reasonable. People can still disagree with the way they acted, but at least to me it makes a lot more sense to me.

I light of this I don't really understand your aggressive accusatory tone towards the family, although you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Do you have any reasons why? I realize you once walked of a movie theater and your friend just opened the door to let you back in, but the idea that this is the way it works at an event like this concrete is not realistic. It is not reasonable to feel that friends could have 'just come let her back in'.

EDIT: lol concrete should be concert, too much work for me (engineer).

What if she was followed by a car from Lannigan parking area, offered a ride to ATM or dorm, later the purse was thrown out back at Lannigan ... perhaps the person(s) who abducted HAD to come back to Lannigan to meet someone who had gone to the concert ...

If she was snatched in the Lannigan parking area and the purse was dropped- was there enough lighting in the lot to see a black purse at night ... or was it put back there later after the crowd had left ....

Wish I knew if prints other than MH's were on the cell phone or if it was wiped ....

Still no reason why she left the inside of the arena ...

At least we know that her friend CALLED her to check on her ...

Did I read this correctly: I think I read (from accounts of this morning's timeline conference) that the phone contact between Morgan and her friend when Morgan was outside the arena was initiated by the friend who was inside the arena, NOT by Morgan. Still not sure whether it was a voice contact or a text message.

How could LE have let the checking of her phone go until this week??? Seems unbelievable!!

Good idea about dredging the waterways around that area.

TIA.

I listened to the presser at http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11398011. Morgan did have a phone conversation, initiated by her friend who wondered where she was. It was at that time she told the friend she was outside the arena. They discussed ways she might be able to get back inside. She then said she'd try to get a ride home from friends in the C'Ville area because of the no re-admittance policy.

Really interesting Hoosll (something wrong with computer-I can't quote the message) -people who were there would include people who were picking up others later right, that scenario makes a lot of sense
But then where is she... :(

What if she was followed by a car from Lannigan parking area, offered a ride to ATM or dorm, later the purse was thrown out back at Lannigan ... perhaps the person(s) who abducted HAD to come back to Lannigan to meet someone who had gone to the concert ...

If she was snatched in the Lannigan parking area and the purse was dropped- was there enough lighting in the lot to see a black purse at night ... or was it put back there later after the crowd had left ....

Wish I knew if prints other than MH's were on the cell phone or if it was wiped ....

Still no reason why she left the inside of the arena ...

At least we know that her friend CALLED her to check on her ...

I have been thinking the same thing about the purse. It wasn't found until the next day. How do they know she dropped it there? It could have been anywhere and someone could have picked it up and tossed it into the RV parking lot.

Also - if she was seen on the bridge I am shocked that she was recognized. We were on the bridge at the same time of night and it is DARK!

Early on there was a report of her being seen on the bridge with 3 men ... I still think there is an scalper-ATM component to this since the closest ATMs would be at corner of Copeley and Ivy just over the bridge. The cheapest option just prior to the start of the show would be a scalper trying to dump tickets .... could she have encountered a scalper or somone with an extra ticket to sell as she passed the Lannigan lot .... needed cash... headed that way ... was then followed by scalper or others in bank lot near ATM - let's hope they checked bank cameras

Hello all, am new here but have been on these forums for a long time, helping with the Tori Stafford case, mainly.

Question for anyone- Do any of you think Morgan could have just wanted an "out" from her life? I know this may be far fetched but I know a lot of girls who grew up in wealthy homes who would just set up a scenario and disappear, either with friends in other provinces or sometimes complete strangers just to leave it all behind. Has this angle been discussed?
I apologize if this does not belong here, I suppose I need to read up on what goes where! :)
TIA :)

Unless she was walking through parking lots to see if she could score an extra ticket that someone might have had, realizing her no-reentry predicament and really wanting to see the show in person...

Why couldn't have one of the friends from the inside bring her the ticket to the front door??

I have been thinking the same thing about the purse. It wasn't found until the next day. How do they know she dropped it there? It could have been anywhere and someone could have picked it up and tossed it into the RV parking lot.

Also - if she was seen on the bridge I am shocked that she was recognized. We were on the bridge at the same time of night and it is DARK!

That's a good point about the purse.

I listened to the presser at http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11398011. Morgan did have a phone conversation, initiated by her friend who wondered where she was. It was at that time she told the friend she was outside the arena. They discussed ways she might be able to get back inside. She then said she'd try to get a ride home from friends in the C'Ville area because of the no re-admittance policy.

Strange I thought those venue's stamp your hand when you go in, so you can go out. She couldn't have been the only smoker out there.

Why couldn't have one of the friends from the inside bring her the ticket to the front door??

From what I gather, it wouldn't have mattered. Once the barcode on a ticket is scanned the first time, it cannot be used again.

You can't buy tickets on the inside so they couldn't bring her a new ticket, and there is a policy that once somene leaves they are not allowed back inside regardless of whether they have a ticket stub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg