Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here good with maps & familiar with the location enough to label a map including this timeline info? I'm a visual person so it would be nice to be able to see where she was. TIA

I don't GET this. are you telling me it's now the policy of arenas NOT to allow for smokers to step outside and then step back in? That sucks if so. But BEYOND that, her friends make it sound as if she was completly non-chalant about not being able to get back in. Again, this makes ZERO SENSE if we are to believe her parents that she purchased the tickets 6 months in advance and it was THE event she was living for........

Again, my gut tells me she was secrectly meeting a "boy" at the event. Only he wasn't who she thought he was, and thus........her demise.....

Supposedly the arena had two designated smoking areas that were outside on a balcony, but once you step outside the front arena doors you are not allowed back in, and this has been policy at most venues for awhile.
It's for financial and safety reasons.

Did she lose the purse before the bridge? Does the bridge go over water or is there water nearby?

So she is last seen at Lannigan Field parking and vanished from there, and her purse is found at the Lannigan Field parking, so really looks like she was indeed abducted in a car

oh sorry woops just saw the 930 sighting

from FB

8:20-8:30pm was outside enterance, 8:30-8:48pm outside arena on side facing UHall, spoke to friends about finding a ride home rom friends in c-ville at 8:48. 8:48-9pm witnesses observed her in the area on the exterior. No indications she reentered. Up to 9:10pm walking through UHall parking area, no one can confirm if ...she was alone but there were other people around. 9:10-9:20pm was in lanigan field parking area, next to coakley street bridge, limited interactions. 9:20pm those who encountered her left, no idication she left with them.Read more

thank you

IMO, sounds like she dropped her purse then walked onto the bridge.

Oh I don't think she dropped it and kept walking, I think she lost it in a struggle with someone who forced her in a vehicle.

Appears she was on the bridge after she was at Lanigan field which is where the purse was found. No mention she was having a problem on the bridge after leaving her purse behind.

(snip)
At 9:20, the individuals who encountered M.H. in the Lannigan Field parking area left in vehicles. Currently, there is no information that she left with them. We believe that there are other people in the vicinity either parking or on foot who should have seen M.H. and we need them to step forward.

At 9:30 (approx.) someone fitting M.H.'s description was seen on the Copeley Street bridge near Ivy Road. The last confirmed sighting of someone matching her description was at that location.

ETA: if the bridge sighting is accurate that is. IMO, the bridge sighting doesn't fit. It doesn't make sense she would drop her purse and keep walking to wherever. Sounds like whatever happened happened at Lannigan Field parking.

Purse was found in grassy area near Lannigan Field.

and if i'm to understand correctly, her purse was found, nice and neat, with no sign of distress, only her cell phone inside was missing it's battery.

Do I really look that gulible people? do you think i buy any of this??????????
(speaking to her family and le)

Appears she was on the bridge after she was at Lanigan field which is where the purse was found. No mention she was having a problem on the bridge after leaving her purse behind.

(snip)
At 9:20, the individuals who encountered M.H. in the Lannigan Field parking area left in vehicles. Currently, there is no information that she left with them. We believe that there are other people in the vicinity either parking or on foot who should have seen M.H. and we need them to step forward.

At 9:30 (approx.) someone fitting M.H.'s description was seen on the Copeley Street bridge near Ivy Road. The last confirmed sighting of someone matching her description was at that location.

Yes, but I think she could have walked back toward the field after being on the bridge and was nabbed and dropped the pocket book, or someone pulled a gun on the bridge forcing her back to the parking area and she dropped her pocket book in the process of being forced back to the field area where there is parking, or forced into the woods near the field.
I just don't think she dropped her pocketbook with all her things in it like an ID and cell phone, then just walked on to the bridge. Why wouldn't she pick it up if she accidentally dropped it?

Yes we have no further info, her state at the time she was seen, the state of the purse-whether everything strewn everywhere-, her emotional state, whether that very last sighting at 930 is reliable...

Oh I don't think she dropped it and kept walking, I think she lost it in a struggle with someone who forced her in a vehicle.

I agree with you - I'm not sure she would have left her purse on purpose. I think she dropped it and wasn't able to pick it up.

I'm not sure what I think about her being drugged, but if she was it's possible that the perp waited for her to get far enough away from people in order to take her. Less of a scene that way. Or maybe, if she was drugged or on drugs, she dropped it and didn't realize she dropped it.

and if i'm to understand correctly, her purse was found, nice and neat, with no sign of distress, only her cell phone inside was missing it's battery.

Do I really look that gulible people? do you think i buy any of this??????????
(speaking to her family and le)

I don't know what condition the pocket book was in, but the battery was out of it so it could have been thrown down, or easily removed..who knows.

Are you saying she ran off? I guess that's a possibility we can consider.
It's not like it's never been done before in these cases, but it's not the norm.

I would love to know what condition she was in when witnesses saw her. Was she stumbling around or was she perfectly normal?

As I am listening to this live, here is the gist:

Between 8:20 and 8:30 someone matching MH's description was confirmed on the exterior of JPJ at several locations, most likely in the area where you would enter or purchase tickets or on the side of the building where you would face University Hall.

From 8:30 to 8:48 we are confident that she was outside.

At 8:48 she did have a phone conversation initiated by her friend which confirms she was outside and they offered suggestions on ways to get in. At that point she said she would try to get a ride home from friends in Charlottesville.

From 8:48 to about 9:00 we have witnesses who say someone matching her description was on the outside. We currently have no credible information that she re-entered the arena.

From 9:00 to about 9:10 p.m. she was seen walking with a black purse through the University Hall parking area. While she was walking no one can confirm that she was with anyone, but she was around other people who were in the vicinity walking in the same direction.

Between 9:10 and 9:20 we can confirm that someone matching M.H.'s description was in the Lannigan (?) Field parking area.

The purse was black and had two straps so it could be worn as a backpack. She had it when walking through the parking lot near U Hall. The purse was found in the Lannigan Field parking lot, overflow parking for events and for R.V.s, adjacent to the Copeley Street bridge, near the railroad tracks and a heavily traveled area.

Again, a plea for anyone who might have seen anything after 9:30 to come forward.

Hope this helps!

Thank you PT Prof!

The most important information I gathered from this time line is that a person (or people) matching Morgan's description was seen at specific locations at particular times. This means it may - or may not - have been Morgan who was spotted.

Did the presser spokesperson mention if these sightings were made solely by "eyewitnesses" or if video revealed this information?

I agree with you - I'm not sure she would have left her purse on purpose. I think she dropped it and wasn't able to pick it up.

I'm not sure what I think about her being drugged, but if she was it's possible that the perp waited for her to get far enough away from people in order to take her. Less of a scene that way. Or maybe, if she was drugged or on drugs, she dropped it and didn't realize she dropped it.

Sure, I think she was spotted at some point walking toward that area in back of the arena where there is parking and was followed.
Who are the friends in the area she was so sure she could get to ride her back on a moments notice instead of just waiting another 90 minutes for the concert to end?
Weird.

I'm very disappointed by the press conference. I was hoping that LE had much more than they were sharing, but I no longer feel that is the case. They don't have anything. I'm not usually one to jump in and criticize how LE handles most cases, but it just really seems like they dropped the ball on this one. Last night's lead stories were about the Youtube video that was confirmed DAYS AGO to *NOT* be MH. I'm sorry, but it seems like even we, with our limited resources and limited (at least in my case) investigative skill are further along!

To hear that they're just now getting the phone records to confirm the timing of the calls? Insanity! I thought for sure that would have been something they had done and were just keeping from us for some reason. This timeline indicates only that several people came forward with sightings, not that any investigation at all has been completed. What about surveillance? What about nearby ATMs and gas stations? What about polling all local businesses for any images available? What about the flyers?

I'm really starting to worry that if we don't find her, there isn't much hope for the authorities finding her, and we have almost nothing to go on! Now more than ever I hope the friends make some public appearances, take some questions, anything might help, really, you never know where the one little nugget of information you need will come from. Sorry for the rant, I'm just very concerned at this point and losing hope for this poor girl.

Thank you PT Prof!

The most important information I gathered from this time line is that a person (or people) matching Morgan's description was seen at specific locations at particular times. This means it may - or may not - have been Morgan who was spotted.

Did the presser spokesperson mention if these sightings were made solely by "eyewitnesses" or if video revealed this information?

I believe they have established a timeline based on multiple and credible sightings-we have heard other sightings from people writing in on websites outside the timeline or contradicting the timeline so we can imagine these were discounted as someone else

Yes we have no further info, her state at the time she was seen, the state of the purse-whether everything strewn everywhere-, her emotional state, whether that very last sighting at 930 is reliable...

Great point. Who even knows if the sighting on the bridge is accurate, or any of the sightings to be honest.
This is maddening that a girl can just disappear like this without a trace.

"As to why the nine in general and the two friends who, along with a boyfriend, accompanied Morgan to the concert, have not been giving press interviews, Morgan’s mother sees innocent reasons."

??

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/27/morgans-parents-dont-blame-her-friends/

In regards to the boyfriend...

"Her father says Morgan drove herself and her longtime friend and Blacksburg roommate, Amy Melvin, to Harrisonburg to meet up with another longtime friend, Sarah Snead, who attends James Madison University, as well as a friend’s boyfriend."

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/26/sad-days-harrington-family-coping-waiting/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member