Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chromedaffodils - from every event I have seen, the RV's might get there earlier in the day, but are usually all gone by the next morning. It is very rare that I see any homeless people walking around the JPJ area, mostly it is on the UVA corner, which is a mile or two in the opposite direction from which she traveled. Also, with the amount of police that are usually there, I don't think that anyone that seemed homeless would have been to welcomed by them. & From my understanding, it really depends on the band for the type of people that are staying in the RVs, some might be "groupies" some are just people traveling that wanted to stop and see the show.

& I am pretty sure this weekend was parents weekend. This is the same time that it usually is.

SAM- your theory is something I would say "aye" to if I hadn't recently read that MH kissed one of the friends on the cheek before she left the party. So ideas of a real tiff to leave the concert, for a bubbly, look on the bright side gal, just kinda receded. And, since I'm slow sometimes, can you fill in/elaborate the theory on how she went from 5 to 6 on the timeline? (That is the other part that stumps me-without knowing more about the "limited interaction" with the RV people).

I missed the part that she kissed a friend on the cheek before leaving. Hmmm...that is odd and does seem to rule out my theory. Back to the drawing board?

I am not convinced that the sighting on the bridge is legit...or any of the other sightings for that matter.

I feel like everything is based on stories (with missing pieces) from her friends and sightings from people in the dark who really only got a glimpse of her. I have read lots of studies about how unreliable eye witness accounts are so maybe I am being too skeptical.

All I know for sure is that every time I think about this case I feel like this: :banghead:

MBlover- #4 seems very interesting. maybe MH saw a crime being committed from "high up" on the bridge- some murder/rape/violent down below. if she saw a crime, and was spotted, since visibility is good, according to nouveau, then the perp might have gotten after her. maybe LE can talk to victims at the local hospitals admitted that day/next and see where they were and what happened-maybe they didnt see MH, but they know the perp?

I agree that the sightings might not have been her/might not have actually happened.
I'm sorry, but what she was wearing was really not very distinct for someone going to a Metallica concert - black shirt, black skirt, tights, black boot - sounds like the majority of females I know would wear something similar to a concert. The Pantera shirt might have been the only thing that would have stuck out, but with all black, the logo could have easily not been seen.

SAM- -if one of the sightings were bogus, then that witness may be involved? some of the sightings should be more reliable because the pantera shirt will stick out-plus we dont know exactly what the knee high boots looked like--LE might use the description of the boots or something else to verify it was her (And not just the Pantera shirt).

but yeah, i feel the same way so....I was thinking of going to Home Depot, to pick up a drill and relieve myself of the consternation. j/k.

Man, I keep thinking that Morgan RAN AWAY. Do you think it's possible?

And how come, I have never seen her mom cry on camera. I think that's weird to me.

IMO, her mother may be taking sedatives or anti-anxiety medication. I know I most likely would if I were in her situation. If she is on these meds, her emotions are probably suppressed. Even if she isn't taking anything, no tears doesn't mean anything. She may be able to hold it together during the interview, only to break down once the cameras stop filming.

MBlover- #4 seems very interesting. maybe MH saw a crime being committed from "high up" on the bridge- some murder/rape/violent down below. if she saw a crime, and was spotted, since visibility is good, according to nouveau, then the perp might have gotten after her. maybe LE can talk to victims at the local hospitals admitted that day/next and see where they were and what happened-maybe they didnt see MH, but they know the perp?

My friend said she felt very sure of that MH saw something she shouldn't have - which could have been a crime of some kind - assault, rape, robbery, drug deal...

noveau, we're agreeing, i wrote that about the same time you did. anyway, maybe there is some small trinket the mom didnt tell us about, besides the boots, that they can also use, like a red necklace, or a silver chain?...speaking of which, MH wasn't wearing any jewel? really?

That reminds me...wonder why LE hasn't released a pic of the exact Pantera t-shirt? Surely, they could find it. I have Googled and have seen lots of different shirts. Maybe the exact shirt would jog someone's memory?

If the friends could clarify her exact outfit that night combined with LE showing a photo of the exact Pantera shirt combined with 150K reward maybe there would be some memories jogged and definitive info. to go on.

MBLover could this be the hispanic man she was seen with in the parking lot? Does your friend feel he ended her life? Was she killed simply because of something she saw/witnessed?

SAM, good ppoint...to play devil's advocate, would releasing a pic of the shirt create false positives and thus bogus eyewitnesses? idk

That reminds me...wonder why LE hasn't released a pic of the exact Pantera t-shirt? Surely, they could find it. I have Googled and have seen lots of different shirts. Maybe the exact shirt would jog someone's memory?

I've wondered the same thing, especially since there are shirts for women that look entirely different from a guy's regular tshirt.

Putting a copy of the shirt Morgan wore in the media is a GREAT idea!

Another thing -the people sitting around the group of friends probably heard them talking amongst themselves if there was a fight or any significant exchange those sitting around them would have heard.

MBLover could this be the hispanic man she was seen with in the parking lot? Does your friend feel he ended her life? Was she killed simply because of something she saw/witnessed?

I believe that is what ***** was alluding to during the reading...she just wouldn't come out and say it.

I know she has said of "Native American"/Caucasian mix or similar coloring - which I believe could describe a person of Hispanic descent also.

Another thing -the people sitting around the group of friends probably heard them talking amongst themselves if there was a fight or any significant exchange those sitting around them would have heard.

That's true - unless they were relying on someone in between them to pass words back and forth between people... That's one way how misunderstandings arise...

So I was out and about in Charlottesville last night...and Morgan came up quite a few times with locals at bars, etc...and I truly believe that she WAS seen outside of the arena.

Our driver was outside of the arena that night...and yes, this was reported to LE. He/She is truly a wonderful person and never leaves my side on nights out. He/she said they saw Morgan (WITH tights on) walking in the parking lot WITHOUT her purse, and WITHOUT looking intoxicated. He/She also said they saw a hispanic male about 3 car lengths behind her walking. Usually, he/she would have stopped a girl walking alone and offer assistance, and he/she feels awful they didn't, but it was a concert and there were a lot of people around. It's part of this person's job to observe and be ready when needed....so, I believe this.

Why did your driver zero in on the Hispanic male if there were a lot of people around? Was he acting suspicious?

IMO, her mother may be taking sedatives or anti-anxiety medication. I know I most likely would if I were in her situation. If she is on these meds, her emotions are probably suppressed. Even if she isn't taking anything, no tears doesn't mean anything. She may be able to hold it together during the interview, only to break down once the cameras stop filming.

The parents are both highly trained medical professionals and I know the trainings for traumatic situations teaches them to disassociate in a way a soldier does to deal with the crisis at hand and then deal with the emotions later. It is not healthy to do this for an extended period, you get ptsd easily. But, we should not judge them, they believe they are doing the right things to keep a clear head and focus until the emergency is through. I feel so bad for them because they have to be a mess inside.

I am starting to feel like we are going back in time, on this board I mean. Can I make a simple suggestion that we not keep reposting all of the articles and links that have already been posted on threads 1 and 2 (or 3) of this discussion?

snipped by me.

Does Websleuths allow for a Links forum where all interviews, newspaper articles, etc. are listed in one place? If so, how do we go about setting it up so that it's easily accessible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska