Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2uj1qtx.jpg

Copeley Bridge over the tracks looking back towards the University Hall/Parking. John Paul Jones Arena is behind the UHall.

Something about this bridge just eats away at me......I'd never walk it alone at night no matter how well lit it was. I just can't fathom it being well lit and safe, especially on a misty night. With the concert in full swing, I'm sure traffic was light at that time and the bridge was probably more or less deserted except for the very occasional vehicle.

Something else I am thinking of. If Morgan wasn't really into Metalica as much as her father thought she was. We know she was short on cash because her checking account was overdrawn. She is sitting down with dad on Sunday to go over...how to take care of your finances. He is probably not going to be handing out cash but trying to get her to better use her money. She wants a little cash so she sells her ticket.

She has a poster of them on her wall, which indicates she was in fact a big fan.

Originally Posted by mark00 View Post
There is something more compelling about these links: the person who started the Facebook group is interviewed in the first transcript (it is only a few lines, you have to scroll down).

That person is also on the Metallica Facebook group, which interestingly, also has Harrington among its members.

There are only 217 people in that group, and they are not listed alphabetically, so they may be listed chronologically. Dude is on page one, Harrington on page 2. Presumably, the person who started the Facebook group would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance. Coincidence?

Has this been checked?

1. He is the same person who started the Facebook group "Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington" !

2. He is interviewed in the transcript (read those things he said carefully!!!)

3. He is also on the Metallica Facebook group (also has Harrington among its members!!)

4. He would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance

5. He lives in Stanardsville, Va (15-20 minute drive from Charlottesville, Va)
(Forensic Astrology)

6. His post here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10368
(Post # 19) "I worked part-time at the arena" a question for point 7. & 8.
(Post # 10) "involved with search and rescue in this area"

7. Did he worked there this evening? He knows this place! The area around the JPJ arena! Dark places, Parkinglots etc.

8. Is it possible for him to re-enter the arena? which doors can he use?

9. HARRINGTON: It does not appear there were other calls to Morgan during that period of time. There was some texting of Morgan to a young gentleman that she was friends with, but it was no one in Charlottesville. It was further away and so -- but he`s not a suspect at all at this time.

GRACE: Right. So they were just probably texting about what, the concert, that she was at the concert, stuff like that?

HARRINGTON: Yes.

I think it was in the previous thread where someone local mentioned the bridge is lit up the nights where there are events at the arena/university. IIRC, the poster also mentioned the bridge has a lot of pedestrian traffic those evenings.
OK I thought I recalled that post, but I thought it was the field beside the RV lot (where the displaced athletes parked) that got lit up on event nights rather thatn the bridge. But I could be totally misremembering.

Something about this bridge just eats away at me......I'd never walk it alone at night no matter how well lit it was. I just can't fathom it being well lit and safe, especially on a misty night. With the concert in full swing, I'm sure traffic was light at that time and the bridge was probably more or less deserted except for the very occasional vehicle.
Origianlly posted by honeybun1807
I really don't think that was her walking on that dark bridge in that area that late at night. No woman would ever think of that unless she had some kind of protection on her. I think those that "think" they saw her were mistaken. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Again, (like with the railing height) maybe the angle of the various shots we've seen on this thread and the prevoious #3 one is making that trek on foot look longer than it is; but that looks like... not a short walk. Also, I keep reading that she didn't have a coat. I know there's a belief that alcohol makes you feel warmer than you are - (and who knows if she drank... or what or how much or when) but I can't imagine any amount of booze could overcome 42 degrees, a t-shirt, a mini even with tights, and misty rain. And then the reported 6 MPH night breeze is just enough to make damp skin feel uncomfortably, (maybe unbearably?) cold. The walk just doesnt make sense to me. (But many thngs dont make sense; so what else is new.) I know many, including LE and the parents - who no doubt have more compelling info than I'll ever have - are accepting the bridge sighting as legit. I cant seem to jump on the bandwagon... b/c I JUST.DON'T.GET.IT.

Maybe if we could read a detailed account of the sighting, or better yet see and hear the witness describe the sighting it would come across as convincing. But dream on waiting for that to happen. (or has it?)

I beleive it was poster SAM (Secret Agent Mom) who posted pix of that bridge at night under misty conditions and it gave us all the collective willies. I see what looks like light poles, but were they on? If so, are they bright? From SAM's pictures (was it SAM?) that bridge is dark and foreboding - downright spooky even - and looks like no place anyone would walk by choice, especially a lone female who already had a sure-thing ride. Sorry; I know; go ahead and say it. kant, you're a tedious gasbag and thou beat-eth a deceased equine.

:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I cant help it. Sometime you can toss the same thing around in your head a hundred and two times; then on the hundred and third time, something new and useful actually occurs to you. KWIM?

Hi germanhelp, that link won't work for me-it just redirects to my FB homepage...

Originally Posted by mark00 View Post
There is something more compelling about these links: the person who started the Facebook group is interviewed in the first transcript (it is only a few lines, you have to scroll down).

That person is also on the Metallica Facebook group, which interestingly, also has Harrington among its members.

There are only 217 people in that group, and they are not listed alphabetically, so they may be listed chronologically. Dude is on page one, Harrington on page 2. Presumably, the person who started the Facebook group would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance. Coincidence?

Has this been checked?

1. He is the same person who started the Facebook group "Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington" !

2. He is interviewed in the transcript (read those things he said carefully!!!)

3. He is also on the Metallica Facebook group (also has Harrington among its members!!)

4. He would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance

5. He lives in Stanardsville, Va (15-20 minute drive from Charlottesville, Va)
(Forensic Astrology)

6. His post here: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10368
(Post # 19) "I worked part-time at the arena" a question for point 7. & 8.
(Post # 10) "involved with search and rescue in this area"

7. Did he worked there this evening? He knows this place! The area around the JPJ arena! Dark places, Parkinglots etc.

8. Is it possible for him to re-enter the arena? which doors can he use?

9. HARRINGTON: It does not appear there were other calls to Morgan during that period of time. There was some texting of Morgan to a young gentleman that she was friends with, but it was no one in Charlottesville. It was further away and so -- but he`s not a suspect at all at this time.

GRACE: Right. So they were just probably texting about what, the concert, that she was at the concert, stuff like that?

HARRINGTON: Yes.

Update!

Hope the link works now. If not. Go to "Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington" and look under "Search Partys"

To the bridge theory: To Stanardsville, Va you have to Turn left on 250 and turn again left on 29.
Also a direct and straight way to put something back afterwards.

I brought up about the alcohol making one feel warmer - Here's a little excerpt from a web-site that talks about this.

http://firstaid.about.com/od/heatcoldexposur1/f/07_alcohol_warm.htm

But Alcohol Makes Me Feel Warmer!"
Of course, you knew it couldn't be that simple. Alcohol has a reputation for warming us up on cold days because it makes us feel warmer when we drink it.

Alcohol causes blood vessels to dilate, which shifts blood flow to the surface of the skin where nerve endings respond to changes in temperature. A gallon of 99-degree blood flowing past our natural thermometers makes us feel all warm and cozy. (Anyone who's sipped hot toddies by the fire knows that feeling.)

Unfortunately, when we're skiing in snow and we take a sip of brandy to give us a warm little pick-me-up, we aren't heating anything at all. Instead, we're letting more blood flow past the surface of the skin, where the cold outside air is able to steal a little bit more heat from our core.

Thanks to the brandy, we're actually getting colder, not warmer.

Alcohol does nothing to warm us up and is a quick way to get hypothermia in a cold environment

The LE seem to think these witnesses are credible though. I don't recall LE confirming the sightings Caylee like they have with Morgan.
I guess I'm just wondering why some are dismissing the LE presser and their time-line. The sightings had to be found credible to create that time-line LE released to the press.
You would think they did some independent investigating to come out and give that time-line, and not just depend on what someone told them, right?
In LE's statements to the press they have Morgan inside the arena "moving around freely" with a small injured chin from a fall inside the arena. Then outside trying to get back in, then walking alone with her pocketbook back through the one parking lot, through the JV field, and the last sighting on the bridge.
Sorry, not buying the "she never showed to the concert" theory.

Until someone can give me credible proof something else took place I'll go with LE's official word for right now.

jmo
I think people dismiss it or doubt the timeline etc for couple of reasons. (maybe?)

LE plays semantic games sometimes:

In some instances LE says things in the media for a purpose other than public knowledge. (read that: legit ulterior motive) and that's fine if that's in an attempt to gain info or verify it, rule it out, whatever. (Like LE saying in a presser that they believed balloon boy dad's absurdties in hopes of gaining his trust, putting him at ease and luring him to the station in a casual manner rather than having to haul him in, scare him, give him a heads-up on how to respond to questions, fill-in-the-blank)

Maybe if we knew what LE knows we'd come to the same conclusion they did, but for whatever reason that isn't workable at this time so....

Common sense and personal experience:

It's human nature to think if that were me, as a female of x age, I'd be freezing and I'd do such and such. And some things (a few) are somewhat universal or perceived to be. Or when I was at XYZ I did this and that...

The witnesses to the sightings:

What if 3 lucid unrelated people describe the same individual they think fit Morgan's decritpion on the bridge b/c they indeed did see a someone... somewhere.. near or on the bridge and they remember the person as fitting Morgan's decription and all three didn't see Morgan, but truly believe they did.

I wish I could find it, but there is this, thing... not a game.. a test of sorts online where you can gauge your skill at eye witnessing. And this is when you are CONCENTRATING. When you see random things that, at that moment when you see them, have no que or reason to make you notice or recall it later.... IDK what I"m saying.

Guts:

Also some people put a lot of stock in just pure plain old gut feelings. And some have some serious legit reasons to... b/c they're right.

moo

Update!

Hope the link works now. If not. Go to "Help Find Morgan Dana Harrington" and look under "Search Partys"

To the bridge theory: To Stanardsville, Va you have to Turn left on 250 and turn again left on 29.
Also a direct and straight way to put something back afterwards.

So you're talking about WT, who started the Fb site-a number of us have been in private FB message with him-he did see MH that night -he's all kosher :)

he and couple others on there are in close contact with LE

I brought up about the alcohol making one feel warmer - Here's a little excerpt from a web-site that talks about this.

http://firstaid.about.com/od/heatcoldexposur1/f/07_alcohol_warm.htm

But Alcohol Makes Me Feel Warmer!"
Of course, you knew it couldn't be that simple. Alcohol has a reputation for warming us up on cold days because it makes us feel warmer when we drink it.

Alcohol causes blood vessels to dilate, which shifts blood flow to the surface of the skin where nerve endings respond to changes in temperature. A gallon of 99-degree blood flowing past our natural thermometers makes us feel all warm and cozy. (Anyone who's sipped hot toddies by the fire knows that feeling.)

Unfortunately, when we're skiing in snow and we take a sip of brandy to give us a warm little pick-me-up, we aren't heating anything at all. Instead, we're letting more blood flow past the surface of the skin, where the cold outside air is able to steal a little bit more heat from our core.

Thanks to the brandy, we're actually getting colder, not warmer.

Alcohol does nothing to warm us up and is a quick way to get hypothermia in a cold environment
I totally agree about the alcohol myth. Every time I mention the temperature and her attire, I get "but she was bombed so she was warm."

We dont know that she was bombed and I doubt she was anything close to warm.

IIRC, the implication is that she might have been texting that guy. I would think LE already checked the cell # of the guy she was texting and have talked to him. I was under the impression from MH father's statement that the guy in question wasn't at the concert.

My opinions are in blue. I do think Le should interview the guy if they haven't done so already, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep dwelling on him. Does anyone know WS's rules regarding discussing people who aren't POIs or suspects?

I understood that we arent's supposed to use full names unless those names are already "out there" circulating as public knowledge that one could find anywhere.

But... anyone know the details?

I totally agree about the alcohol myth. Every time I mention the temperature and her attire, I get "but she was bombed so she was warm."

We dont know that she was bombed and I doubt she was anything close to warm.

Right... we don't know... But could explain how she was out in the cold and apparently the cold didn't bother her.

I don't know of any way she could be warm either - unless she was hot natured... Then again residing up in the NRV (New River Valley) - it's quite possible she got used to the colder weather. It's usually colder up there then down in the Roanoke Valley...

I understood that we arent's supposed to use full names unless those names are already "out there" circulating as public knowledge that one could find anywhere.

But... anyone know the details?

I just deleted the post you are referring to because Waddles posted at about the same time that the person in question (WT) is in close contact with LE. I didn't want to further the discussion about WT since it's evident he's not connected to her disappearance.

I know about the rule against including full names unless the person has already been officially made public (always a good reminder). I don't know the TOS on discussing people who aren't POIs or suspects but wasn't comfortable leaving my post for people to comment on further and would welcome anyone sharing the information.

“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said.

"Probably"?

Interesting choice of words there. Almost as if he does not really know the individual in question and is mentally constructing a profile on her personal characteristics.

he and couple others on there are in close contact with LE
I believe YOU.

(Dont know him.)

But question - do you know what you know about him b/c he told you? or some other verification? (Just nosy nose and cynical)

tia.

I believe YOU.

(Dont know him.)

But question - do you know what you know about him b/c he told you? or some other verification? (Just nosy nose and cynical)

tia.

there really is nothing in WT, he just felt very connected to this as he had been there -many of us frequent FB page people are in touch with him and he is in touch with LE regularly. He even gave us all his phone number.

OK I thought I recalled that post, but I thought it was the field beside the RV lot (where the displaced athletes parked) that got lit up on event nights rather thatn the bridge. But I could be totally misremembering.

That was my post a thread back.
Yes, both the field is lit and the bridge. There are street lights on the side opposite of the field, which if she was walking on the proper side of the road, would have been the same side. There are also street lights at the end of the bridge, where the intersection is to Ivy.
I drive through Copeley and JPJ area almost everyday/night. I myself would not have felt that it was unsafe, even if I had never been there, being that it is so light, and you can see the banks from the bridge.

there really is nothing in WT, he just felt very connected to this as he had been there -many of us frequent FB page people are in touch with him and he is in touch with LE regularly. He even gave us all his phone number.

I am sorry if I sound rude- I don't mean to be. So what if he gave you his phone number? Does it mean he is not to be questioned by LE. My uncle is in law enforcement and he said that often the suspect is working with the police and very involved in the solving of the crime. Often is is someone you would least expect. Remember Ted Bundy, by all accounts of friends "a great guy" and we know how he turned out. I have been reading this board since day one and alot of suspicious things come to mind, read some of them above. Just don't believe everything someone tells you. This guy should still be looked at and if he has nothing to do with this whole thing he will not mind will he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member