Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any searches have been done outside of the immediate Charlottesville area? I really don't know what that area is like. Is it suburban, with houses everywhere or every 200 feet or so? Or are there long stretches of just woods and darkness? It seems like a helicopter search would have been done at this point or huge volunteer search parties created to search the surrounding area. Is any of this being done? If not, LE needs to get off their a&&es and do it.

Rev.%20Diane%202007.JPG
The preacher who lives with the Harringtons.http://www.unityroanokevalley.org/diane.htm

I do not personally know her - have met her briefly on a couple of occasions and she seems to be a really sweet lady.

Just some thoughts.

First, I wish any/every poster would quit second guessing the brother's actions re: putting Morgan's photo on his FB default and sleeping in her bed. As the majority of us have already expressed, he most definitely put the photo up to honor her. As for sleeping in her bed, I can understand this. Someone said if they were him they'd be out there looking, but really, how can you know WHAT you'd do if a sibling were missing?? Or how you'd react? If one of my sisters went missing I'd want to be sleeping in their bed too, just to feel "closer" to them. The poor guy is probably a wreck. And where exactly is he supposed to be out searching? Just walking around randomly and hiking in the woods? Virginia is a pretty big state; she could be anywhere. Her brother is grieving; give him a break. This isn't the time to be judging him.

Second, these girls she was with don't sound like real friends. Maybe they were jealous of Morgan; I saw a picture of the 9 of them together and clearly Morgan has matured into a real knockout. The others, not so much. God, that sounds horrible and shallow but just something I have a feeling about. Who knows? Something made them treat her so horribly as to leave her alone out in the cold and leave C'ville without her, in her own car. Even if she did have a tiff with one/some/all of them, it seems the minute she called them/they called her and it was revealed she was locked out of the arena alone any petty argument would be forgotten and a real friend would go to be with her or help her.

There are really only two options at this point:
1) She made secret plans with someone no one seems to know about to run off together (I'm hoping, but less likely considering her probable intoxication/falling/taking pictures - if she did have a plan to meet someone and run off her mind would be on that - not getting high and taking photos.)
2) She was abducted/murdered and her body is hidden in probably some rural area just about anywhere in Virginia, and will probably only be discovered if they catch the kidnapper and he reveals all, or someone happens to stumble across it.

Like many here, this case has just "gotten" to me for some reason. I hope Morgan is at peace, wherever she is.
That's just it; what's normal for me - is just that and only that... normal for me. What's nornal for him, is normal for him and that's fine too.

The only hinky meter I was pinging is on is the friends' story and that may turn out to sound normal too; If we had more of the story maybe it'd make some freakin sense. Right now - it so doesn't make sense tho (for me.)

damn I keep saying I'm going to sleep and I'm still up

Excellent post Mia, I agree and yes at this stage only those two options except that you forgot that the two options could converge...as in option number 1 correct but not in the run off and everything is beautiful way...option 1 could have turned into option 2

I appreciate all who provided a photo and bio of the minister who lives with the Harringtons. I agree she is very attractive...and I wonder why she lives with the Harrington family. Is the Unity church headquartered around Roanoke?

BTW - and somewhat O/T - her bio says she studied at Chartes Cathedral (probably a Catholic cathedral, but not sure) and followed the path of Mary Magdalen through France. I didn't know Mary Magdalen was ever in France, but maybe so and quite interesting. MOO.

Large Unity Church about 3 minutes from my home. Beautiful grounds with labrynth to mediate while walking through, play ground equipment for the kids and a walking trail.

O/T: More about Mary Magdalene - read anything that has to do with Rennes Le Chateau - anything by Margaret Starbird - anything regarding the Languedoc Region of what is now France (very long standing legend of Mary Magdalene arriving with her child and others on the coast of France and her living the rest of her days there after the supposed crucifixion of Jesus).

This may be a stupid question, but why did she leave school on Friday/ Saturday to come home and then have to drive back to school to pick up her friend? Only for her mom to help pick her outfit? Seems to be alot of back and forth. What time was her last class on Friday? If her dad is a psychiatrist does he have "samples" of medication from pharmaceutical salesmen at his home? Some prescription meds can be pretty strong.

This may be a stupid question, but why did she leave school on Friday/ Saturday to come home and then have to drive back to school to pick up her friend? Only for her mom to help pick her outfit? Seems to be alot of back and forth. What time was her last class on Friday? If her dad is a psychiatrist does he have "samples" of medication from pharmaceutical salesmen at his home? Some prescription meds can be pretty strong.

She drove from her school - VT (Blacksburg) - then to her parents home (Roanoke) - then to her friend's school - JMU (Harrisonburg) - then to the JPJ arena in Charlottesville

It's only about a 30-35 minutes ride from Blacksburg to Roanoke

Are we absolutely certain the guy on FB is Morgan's brother? When asked where he is from, he says "Around Northwest of Washington D.C." Huh... Both Roanoke VA (his parents' home) and the Univ. of Va (Charlottesville) are pretty far to the southwest of Washington DC.

Of course it's possible he has no sense of direction whatsoever, but he's a college graduate, wouldn't he know the difference between north and south? :)

I just need to know that you've all verified if this is indeed MH's brother. Thanks!

Thank you, MBLover, for the information you provided in the post above this one. I will read about that, especially Mary Magdalen and her child!

MacyW, perhaps she came back home to pick up the tickets off the 'frig....But that makes me wonder why she didn't pick them up when she was at her parents' on Wednesday. Somehow, I was under the impression that she picked up her gf's bf in Roanoke on Friday night as well...is that wrong?

Thank you, MBLover, for the information you provided in the post just above this one. I will read about that, especially Mary Magdalen and her child!

You're very welcome! It's fascinating reading - and there are many more books/information out there than what I posted.

There is even a "feast day" in France for her!

Just to clarify my earlier post - the body found could not be her because the person who found the body first saw a purple sock. Therefore (hopefully) the body could not be Morgan because there was a purple sock. See the article.

She drove from her school - VT (Blacksburg) - then to her parents home (Roanoke) - then to her friend's school - JMU (Harrisonburg) - then to the JPJ arena in Charlottesville

It's only about a 30-35 minutes ride from Blacksburg to Roanoke

So has anybody figured milage on those four drives? Or is there a map we can follow the routes. Does seem a bit strange to do all that driving.

Are we absolutely certain the guy on FB is Morgan's brother? When asked where he is from, he says "Around Northwest of Washington D.C." Huh... Both Roanoke VA (his parents' home) and the Univ. of Va (Charlottesville) are pretty far to the southwest of Washington DC.

Of course it's possible he has no sense of direction whatsoever, but he's a college graduate, wouldn't he know the difference between north and south? :)

I just need to know that you've all verified if this is indeed MH's brother. Thanks!

He appears to be the same person. I have not personally verified it.

I wondered if maybe DH was married before being married to GH and had AJH - who lived mainly with his mother. Or I guess it's possible he went to a boarding type school away from home?

Does anyone know if any searches have been done outside of the immediate Charlottesville area? I really don't know what that area is like. Is it suburban, with houses everywhere or every 200 feet or so? Or are there long stretches of just woods and darkness? It seems like a helicopter search would have been done at this point or huge volunteer search parties created to search the surrounding area. Is any of this being done? If not, LE needs to get off their a&&es and do it.

On one of the FB pages they have been discussing searches and it seems like only the immiedate area near the arena was searched. People have volunteered to help with a search if one is organized, but so far...nothing. I think I even read that LE had been contacted and had not gotten back to the anyone about a search.

I TOTALLY agree with you!! I can't believe so little is being done. It saddens and worries me. And to be totally honest it pi$$e$ me off.

So has anybody figured milage on those four drives? Or is there a map we can follow the routes. Does seem a bit strange to do all that driving.

The only strange part I thought was

Why did MH drive all the way to Harrisonburg. Why didn't the other gf drive to Staunton and they meet there at the I-64 exchange and drive into Charlottesvile.

I wasn't sure why MH had to drive out of her way (a little over 20 miles) and then double back down to I-64 to get to JPJ.

Great question; is that how it went? Does anyone recall how far her apt is from her parents home? Someone had found that info for me a few days ago and IIRC they said it's a bout a 35 mins drive; but Im not sure that Im remembering it right. Was Amy at the apt? Not disputing you, just following the line of questioning and the only reason I ask is b/c IIRC Amy has a sister at JMU; but that doesn't mean she was already there at JMU... b/c ... I have no idea. Also it'd be interesting to know the answer to the other question about the last class time too.

The only strange part I thought was

Why did MH drive all the way to Harrisonburg. Why didn't the other gf drive to Staunton and they meet there at the I-64 exchange and drive into Charlottesvile.

I wasn't sure why MH had to drive out of her way (a little over 20 miles) and then double back down to I-64 to get to JPJ.

Maybe she spent the night in Harrisonburg before she and her friends headed to the concert the next day.

Just to clarify my earlier post - the body found could not be her because the person who found the body first saw a purple sock. Therefore (hopefully) the body could not be Morgan because there was a purple sock. See the article.

All of the clothes have been released.
http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/21481783/detail.html

So unless the perp changed her clothes - then it doesn't sound like it could be MH.

Isn't it amazing that within 24 hours LE released her clothes and we still don't know the REAL facts about MH????? :banghead:

snipped:

I interpreted this to mean that he had been living in the Northwest area of D.C., perhaps for a short time after graduating from UVa and decided he had to get out of that area -- Washington and its suburbs. Maybe his dad had connections to get him a job in D.C., but it didn't work out.

I was very curious as well about the living arrangements as in are they some kind of just-temporary-until-you-get-settled-cuz-you-just-moved-here sort of thing? Not trying to make something of nothing; but it's not every day that your minister lives with you. jus sayin

I have no idea why the minister lives with them. Yeah, maybe it is a little odd...but the reasons that come to mind are:

1)She's single and doesn't like living alone

2)Maybe this is how the H family tithes - is by allowing the minister to live with them

3)Maybe the church is going thru some financial hardship and instead of giving her a housing allowance (as is given to most ministers) this was cut back and she can no longer afford to live on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee