Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's completely profane and not befitting of a person who is putting himself at the front of a search for a missing girl.

sorry but I so don't agree with this, we all at FB forget what is in our quote page -he prob didn't get around to changing that -it has nothing to do with it JMO

It's not necessarily important, but IMHO it is intriguing. Someone posted that link to the FB group yesterday along with links to the Metallica discussion group on FB (I forget who the poster was, someone from Texas Tech) and it was quickly deleted.

It was one of us here on WS who wrote it -but it's still up there on front page FB
She directed me to the link

This was posted on FB in the car thread I set up to clear confusion. This person, MKC, I have reason to know she would know... I'm asking her if she knows more. Here is what she says:

From what i understand, Morgan's car was found in Harrisonburg with the keys in it? That means the car was maybe left unlocked...unless she had a spare. Why would someone do that? Why not leave the keys in her friends dorm room?

Does this not strike you as really odd?
And I guess that clears that up about the car...
So why oh why have we been given consistently false info bout the car? grrr

It was one of us here on WS who wrote it -but it's still up there on front page FB
She directed me to the link

I don't see it there, but that's OK. If I should delete those links from WS, let me know, and I will.

Yes, we were reminded earlier to remove FB links from WS so if you have any just delete them and explain how to get to it.

And about the poster who deleted the link can you remind me who it was who deleted what from where because I got a bit lost I think :)

Yes, we were reminded earlier to remove FB links from WS so if you have any just delete them and explain how to get to it.

And about the poster who deleted the link can you remind me who it was who deleted what from where because I got a bit lost I think :)

I was just saying that someone on FB reposted a set of links originally posted here, and they included a link to the WS thread where they originated. Incidentally, they didn't work, because they were pasted in the shortened form that WS uses to display links.

Those links disappeared from the FB group pretty quickly. I don't know who posted them or who deleted them, but I think they were in the theories and tips part 2 thread. They consisted of links to the FB Metallica page and some profile detail for WT. They have since been reposted here as screenshots.

I was just saying that someone on FB reposted a set of links originally posted here, and they included a link to the WS thread where they originated. Incidentally, they didn't work, because they were pasted in the shortened form that WS uses to display links.

Those links disappeared from the FB group pretty quickly. I don't know who posted them or who deleted them, but I think they were in the theories and tips part 2 thread. They consisted of a some screenshots of the FB Metallica page and some profile detail for WT. They have since been reposted here as screenshots.

Gotcha! thanks, maybe poster changed their mind or were told to remove or admins or WT removed it themselves. Sorry, this wasn't what I thought you were referring to and i didn't see this.

Not sure, kant.

From the article in the Hook (a weekly Charlottesville newspaper):

"As for the parking area where it was found, it is what a sign describes as the "RV lot," a small piece of asphalt, gravel, and grass that UVA spokesperson Elizabeth Wilkerson [said] is typically filled with recreational vehicles at football games but reserved for athletes losing their usual parking during concerts.

The triangular parcel is surrounded by Copeley Road, the UVA athletic fields, and the CSX/Buckingham Branch train tracks. Shrouded by trees and not part of concert parking, it does not appear lit like the nearby paid parking lots."

(italics mine)

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2...dMorgan-E.aspx

Does anyone here have contacts with anyone at Equusearch -would MH qualify or is it more for kids?

Hmm, now you have me wondering if the facts point to more than one car going from JMU to JPJ arena. Amy, Amanda, Morgan, Sarah and a young man - make 5. Five could fit into a car, but I thought I saw there were only 4 in the car.

This could explain some of the confusion over the cars. I dont think the news has even ran a picture of Morgan's car. The news stories that I have seen when talking about Morgans car being left at JPJ arena show a large silver car in a grass parking lot with state police vehicles in the distance.

I also originally heard that her parents came to Charlottesville to get her car.

LadyLeggs,

I saw an article in the Roanoke paper that mentioned Morgan's car and showed a picture. Her car is a black 06 Honda Civic 4 dr. The picture showed part of the Harringtons brick house with Morgan's car parked in the driveway.

Hmm, now you have me wondering if the facts point to more than one car going from JMU to JPJ arena. Amy, Amanda, Morgan, Sarah and a young man - make 5. Five could fit into a car, but I thought I saw there were only 4 in the car.

This could explain some of the confusion over the cars. I dont think the news has even ran a picture of Morgan's car. The news stories that I have seen when talking about Morgans car being left at JPJ arena show a large silver car in a grass parking lot with state police vehicles in the distance.

I also originally heard that her parents came to Charlottesville to get her car.

Just one thing though. No one actually said for sure that the guy came all the way to the concert with them, just that he was there for the first part of the trip, is that right?

Does anyone here have contacts with anyone at Equusearch -would MH qualify or is it more for kids?
TES conducts searches for many missing people, not just children. I believe the family would have to call and request their services, I don't know if they have done that or are even aware of the organization. My guess would be that someone has told them about TES by now, but I don't know for sure.

Waddles, do you remember where you read that Amanda was part of the group? TIA.

Hi CindyS, sorry I didn't see this post. We established on here back at the start that it was Amelia (Amy), Amanda and Sarah. I've looked back to find articles stating this and all I can find is that journalists appear to be calling both Amelia and Amanda "Amy" and have got them confused. I will keep searching.

But you have a good point-it may be that she did not come along as I see this:

She had gone to the concert with Amy Melvin, her roommate in Blacksburg, and another friend from James Madison University. Harrington drove.

Melvin said Harrington went outside before Metallica took the stage. She said she wasn't sure why.

"Everyone assumed she'd be coming back," said Amanda Melvin, Amy Melvin's older sister and a friend of Harrington's. Friends and family still haven't heard from Harrington, she said.

Amanda Melvin said Harrington's purse and cellphone were found outside the stadium and her car was still in the parking lot. She said Harrington wouldn't abandon her friends there.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/223121

So yes, this does not indicate Amanda was present, you're right :)

TES conducts searches for many missing people, not just children. I believe the family would have to call and request their services, I don't know if they have done that or are even aware of the organization. My guess would be that someone has told them about TES by now, but I don't know for sure.

Thank you :)

yes I went on their site and saw the family needs to fill in a form

LadyLeggs,

I saw an article in the Roanoke paper that mentioned Morgan's car and showed a picture. Her car is a black 06 Honda Civic 4 dr. The picture showed part of the Harringtons brick house with Morgan's car parked in the driveway.

My last three vehicles, dating back to 1998, have had keyless entry. I know nothing about Honda Civics but how do we know her car didn't have keyless entry? I rarely take my keys out of the car...leave them in the door pocket where they are not visible but always lock the car. I'm still confused on the car thing...it just makes no sense she would say she would find a ride if it was her car there. You know, when the Alabama preacher's wife went missing from the arena in Shreveport there was no video either. Of course, she turned up several months later in New York state as a run away. Where was the bus station in regards to where Morgan was last seen? I'm still thinking this might be a run away.

Another longtime "lurker" here with my 2 pennies worth...
I agree with all of you who speculate LE HAS to know more than they are letting on. I believe her family knows a little more, too, hence the reason the parents are not saturating the media with pleas for help. Isn't the father a doctor? I would think he carries a little more "weight" than, say, Somer's mom, yet I have only seen Morgan's parents on NG a couple of times. We all know money speaks loudly, when it warrants.
This whole case is just...STRANGE!

This was posted on FB in the car thread I set up to clear confusion. This person, MKC, I have reason to know she would know... I'm asking her if she knows more. Here is what she says:

From what i understand, Morgan's car was found in Harrisonburg with the keys in it? That means the car was maybe left unlocked...unless she had a spare. Why would someone do that? Why not leave the keys in her friends dorm room?

Does this not strike you as really odd?
And I guess that clears that up about the car...
So why oh why have we been given consistently false info bout the car? grrr

HMM. This and justathought's post makes me wonder if there were the physical keys to enter and start the car, as well as a keyless electronic fob. They may be separate and Morgan had the keyless while her friends had the keys. The friends would assume Morgan could at least get in the car to wait for them. This doesn't really solve the main dilemmas, but makes the friends apparent lack of concern seem more benign.

C6

Have you all had a look over http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90862

There is info there pertaining to the case from Tarheelplaya06 (not to do with psychic readings) that has a whole other story about the car. Sorry I don't know how to quote from one thread to another.

"a)drove to roanoke at the harrington's house to pick up their tickets that the dad bought with 2 cars B) they left morgans car at the harrington's house and drove the other car with 6 ppl in it to save gas. plus morgan wanted to study for a test with her dad since she didnt have time to that night C) concert driver had the keys, cant specify who the driver was but only that is wasnt morgan, or her car d)they came home to va tech and not to morgans, this is where the dad got suspcious and called the cops

i know u are asking urself the question, why the hell would they do that, i asked them this. but it was the norm for them to do this. they leave each other alone at concerts sometimes. u also would have to think that they atleast have an IDEA who she was meeting up with. they would have to trust that she was getting a ride with someone familiar. doesnt mean she GOT to that particular guy but they arent going to tell that. the police knows that info and they assured me they know that info. but they arent going to say just in case that guys finds out they have that lead. "

then it goes on to say :

"3 girls(2 of them roommates and one morgan) drove to jmu. they picked up the girl and her boyfriend at jmu

drove morgans car with the 5 of them to va tech. 4 girls and 1 guy. That is another definite

One of the girls, not the guy, had the keys after they parked in the main lot. They stayed with a friend in va tech after the concert ande left in the morning assuming morgans phone went dead and she had a ride.

"

Another longtime "lurker" here with my 2 pennies worth...
I agree with all of you who speculate LE HAS to know more than they are letting on. I believe her family knows a little more, too, hence the reason the parents are not saturating the media with pleas for help. Isn't the father a doctor? I would think he carries a little more "weight" than, say, Somer's mom, yet I have only seen Morgan's parents on NG a couple of times. We all know money speaks loudly, when it warrants.
This whole case is just...STRANGE!

Welcome to WS Luvstm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members