Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I am glad to read about this in more detail! You know, I just don't think these sightings are Morgan :( I keep feeling like people are seeing a blonde girl dressed in black and they assume it's her. I don't see why she would take off her tights, epecially with it being pretty cold....

If Morgan were to go somewhere with strange guys, you think she'd call or text her friends..."Hey, I'm partying with some cool guys I met, talk to you tomorrow!" If she had innocently lost her purse (which I don't see happening) you think she' d ask to borrow their phone to let her friends know.... there would at least be a record of this in a call/text to her friends. Even though she's been described as trusting, I just can't see her taking off with trangers and not letting her friends know.....

I agree with you, i think most people mean well in their reports of "sightings" however there are a ton of blond girls out there that could fit the description.

When it's mentioned she was wearing tights, do they mean tights as in nylons, thigh-high "tights", or "tights" that went past her knees a little?

Her friends seem pretty not caring, especially since she gave them the keys to take her car home. Their not questioning that she made it somewhere okay or attempting to check on her is rude (understatement, lack of better words). It's rude, uncaring, and not how best friends act.

Maybe her friends were privy to info we don't have, such as if she was supposed to meet up with someone.
Her parents saying she didn't date.. well at her age she most likely did, she's old enough. Maybe she didn't say anything as her parents were overprotective. Her friends i would think she may mention things to if she were dating.

I see it's not at UVA, but at Bridgewater.

11/09/09 Bridgewater College students are being warned about a man that has been seen at several locations around campus, exposing himself at least once.
Campus Police are investigating the report in which a Hispanic male in his late 20's or early 30's allegedly exposed himself in his vehicle Friday morning as he was driving out of the McKinney Hall parking lot.

A suspicious person with a similar description was also reported standing near both Bowman Hall and the entrance to the Kline Campus Center parking lot.

I hope they catch the perv, that type of behavior can escalate.

oh yeah, and who'da ever thunk a fellow soldier and trusted psychiatrist (!) would shoot up a room full of his comrades

OT: MANY people. He was a problem and they were too afraid to deal with him because of the PC mentality. But yea, he was moved around because of his issues.
So a lot of people probably had an idea that he was a loose cannon.

After checking out that map, it seems only logical to think that where her purse was found was where she was abducted. Wasn't there a mention of her being spotted on both sides of the bridge going different directions? Or was she going in the same direction when spotted? I'm just asking because maybe she went back that way and was taken from there. I mean it seems to create a pattern somewhat. Not to mention that would explain why her purse was left there. I have never dropped my purse and not gone back for it.

is it possible that a person could have been with her that she know or something then after whatever happed happed they could have dropped the purse off somewhere in an attempt to throw LE off. I do agree the if she was abducted it was from where her purse was found.

Too bad one has to doubt what sounds like a possible sighting. You just never know the reasons folks say they've seen someone. But the details about her clothing seeming out of place and the reason she noticed what was on the woman's shirt sounds authentic to me. I'd love to think this is true cause it may mean Morgan took off on her own - much better than the alternative.

Here is a follow-up to that initial reported sighting:

"The girl I saw at Sheetz's in Orange,Va that Sunday morning appeared to be alone as I did not see her talking to anyone. I remember her coming out as I was going in. Her head was down. When I left the store, I distinctly remember seeing her as she was dressed in all black. She was standing next to the trashcan. I saw the letters Pent which made me do a double take to see if it was going to say Pentech, but it was Pentera [sic - Pantera]. She was just standing there not talking to anyone. I reported all I remembered to the State Police. They looked at the video from the store but said they didn't see her, but also said they didn't see me. The cashiers confirmed I was there. So I'm wondering if maybe they would go back and go over the video again. It haunts me when I close my eyes and can see the word Pantera on her shirt and know from the description, it could have very well been Morgan. When I read the description of what she was wearing I got so excited that I immediately put it on Facebook and notified the State Police. I have wracked my brain trying to think of any more details. I got more fliers yesterday at the search and will distribute them in Orange and Gordonsville. I just hope the information might give her parents some hope. I continue to search and pray for her safe return.
Thank you for your comments, because the one that commented he wouldn't put any weight in this wasn't very nice. I am very sure of what I saw and I truly believe I did see Morgan. I would swear on my mothers grave, that's how sure I am."

fwiw. if it was MH, and she was alone, argues for amnesia or leaving by choice, but without purse and cell, how could she sustain that?

I agree with you, i think most people mean well in their reports of "sightings" however there are a ton of blond girls out there that could fit the description.

When it's mentioned she was wearing tights, do they mean tights as in nylons, thigh-high "tights", or "tights" that went past her knees a little?

Her friends seem pretty not caring, especially since she gave them the keys to take her car home. Their not questioning that she made it somewhere okay or attempting to check on her is rude (understatement, lack of better words). It's rude, uncaring, and not how best friends act.

Maybe her friends were privy to info we don't have, such as if she was supposed to meet up with someone.
Her parents saying she didn't date.. well at her age she most likely did, she's old enough. Maybe she didn't say anything as her parents were overprotective. Her friends i would think she may mention things to if she were dating.

ITA with you.
I just imagine her friends were probably not thinking clearly and maybe MH also not thinking clearly.
At their age, even with knowing what is in the news, you feel invincible. You never think anything is going to happen to you.
We are looking at this through sober matured eyes, but when you're young and partying at a concert, things might not seem as serious.
Like maybe her friends didn't think it was a big deal she was locked out because MH made it seem fine over the phone?
idk

I still think it was a stranger abduction.

And didn't LE surround a motel several days ago because of the truck in the parking lot?
They probably have no witnesses of her being abducted, but I bet that's what LE thinks happened to her if they reacted to a truck like that.
JMO

excuse me for my ignorance, but am i right that fwiw means "for what it's worth" and ita means "i totally agree" and ot means "off topic"?? i need schoolin on proper posting shorthand

I see it's not at UVA, but at Bridgewater.

11/09/09 Bridgewater College students are being warned about a man that has been seen at several locations around campus, exposing himself at least once.
Campus Police are investigating the report in which a Hispanic male in his late 20's or early 30's allegedly exposed himself in his vehicle Friday morning as he was driving out of the McKinney Hall parking lot.

A suspicious person with a similar description was also reported standing near both Bowman Hall and the entrance to the Kline Campus Center parking lot.

I knew that it wasn't at UVA, but had heard it was at JMU. Since I didn't know, I looked it up. Bridgewater College is a little bit southwest of Harrisonburg, 6.7 miles from JMU (and the possible destination if MH was catching a ride). Probably unrelated, but at this point...

excuse me for my ignorance, but am i right that fwiw means "for what it's worth" and ita means "i totally agree" and ot means "off topic"?? i need schoolin on proper posting shorthand

What I've discerned so far:

IIRC - if I recall correctly
LE - law enforcement
TIA - thanks in advance
FWIW - for what it's worth
POI - person of interest
PIO - public information officer
ITA - I totally agree
MOO - my own opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion
OT - off topic

corrections? others?

so were the contents inside of her purse still there? like her wallet? when it was found?
if so, and she was spotted in a convenience store, how is she paying for stuff?

i would love to know if LE thinks she's deceased or still with us?

thank you so very much, kind sir...part time prof! smiles. now back to sleuthing

What I've discerned so far:

IIRC - if I recall correctly
LE - law enforcement
TIA - thanks in advance
FWIW - for what it's worth
POI - person of interest
PIO - public information officer
ITA - I totally agree
MOO - my own opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion
OT - off topic

corrections? others?

I use IMO - In my opinion (might have created that in my mind)

I've seen IDK - I don't know

And the one that totally confused me when I first started was BBM - Bold by me. :)

so were the contents inside of her purse still there? like her wallet? when it was found?
if so, and she was spotted in a convenience store, how is she paying for stuff?

i would love to know if LE thinks she's deceased or still with us?

This totally confused me when we were searching. We were told that they were looking for items that were in her purse...but they didn't give any specifics. My friend that was with me found this REALLY funny because you never know what you might find in my purse.

We were also told to look for other items, but not told what they looked like or what type they might be (for example, the battery).

I think it would be helpful to know what was and was not in the purse...amonsgt other things. I understand that LE needs to keep some things secret, but to tell searchers to search for things when they really don't know what they are searching from seems insane. IMHO

Dr. Phil will focus on the Morgan Harrington case on his show at 3 p.m. Thursday on NBC12.

“Abducted by a Predator”
It seems that every day we hear stories about women and children being abducted by strangers, and oftentimes never found alive. Recent news stories include the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing during a Metallica concert, and 7-year-old Somer Thompson who was kidnapped and murdered while walking home from school. In exclusive interviews, hear the emotional struggles from Morgan and Somer's parents. Do you know the top methods predators use to lure women and children? And, could you be making mistakes on social networking Web sites that put you in danger? Tune in to find out legal, forensic and defense experts' advice for spotting predators, avoiding abduction and fighting off attackers.

[END QUOTE]

Source: http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11470106

This totally confused me when we were searching. We were told that they were looking for items that were in her purse...but they didn't give any specifics. My friend that was with me found this REALLY funny because you never know what you might find in my purse.

We were also told to look for other items, but not told what they looked like or what type they might be (for example, the battery).

I think it would be helpful to know what was and was not in the purse...amonsgt other things. I understand that LE needs to keep some things secret, but to tell searchers to search for things when they really don't know what they are searching from seems insane. IMHO

I think the reason why LE was specific about items and then not specific as to what brand, color, etc. is to keep someone from "planting" evidence... Someone wanting to say...look what I found when they were the ones who actually put it there... Sad, but some people just want 5 minutes of fame...and sad that there are actually some people who will go to any lengths to get it.

I think the reason why LE was specific about items and then not specific as to what brand, color, etc. is to keep someone from "planting" evidence... Someone wanting to say...look what I found when they were the ones who actually put it there... Sad, but some people just want 5 minutes of fame...and sad that there are actually some people who will go to any lengths to get it.

Good point, MB.

Just a hinky thought..what if she never made it to the concert? What if something happened in Harrisonburg..and the reason she didn't have her keys is because she was never there.
They went on with the plan of the concert...made the calls...dropped the purse...waited around and then drove back...16 hours later they get a call from mom and dad...if the friends didn't already know what happened to her it appears they would have been the ones to call to just chat about the concert and check up on her ...can't help but say maybe the search aught to include Harrisonburg.

Just a hinky thought..what if she never made it to the concert? What if something happened in Harrisonburg..and the reason she didn't have her keys is because she was never there.
They went on with the plan of the concert...made the calls...dropped the purse...waited around and then drove back...16 hours later they get a call from mom and dad...if the friends didn't already know what happened to her it appears they would have been the ones to call to just chat about the concert and check up on her ...can't help but say maybe the search aught to include Harrisonburg.

That is chilling and yet I see the logic.

There has been so much negative posting about her friends behavior that I just had to say something...

From everything I have read about MH she reminds me very much of one of my best friends in HS and college... M... At MH's age all of M's friends would have told you what a good and caring person M was... Her parents, both professionals and EXTREMELY involved in their church would have told you how close they were to her and what a "good girl" she was... would never .....

In reality, yes she was always a good and caring person but she didn't always make the smartes choices or act in the most responsible way. I can't tell you how many parties/ dances/ concerts / sporting events we went to that she left with some guy she met there or knew slightly. When she drove either my other best friend or I would carry the keys - just in case. We would never had thought to call the police if she didn't meet up with us and would have expected the call the next day to pick her up... or telling us what went on... She also on more then 1 occassion just randomly went away with someone she barely knew.

Now, I don't think any of these things made her a bad person. We still keep in touch - just live in different countries now. But I did want to give some insight... from a good friend - who wouldn't have thought too much into the "I'll get a ride."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member