Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting. I believe Morgan transferred to VTech after two years at James Madison U.

My son is employed at a University in Ohio and my granddaughters have the benefit of paying much lower tuition and fees. So I wonder if VTech offered the same to their staff.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that she attended JMU previously. Do you know where you heard that? This would certainly make her more familiar with the Harrisonburg area.

A quick glance at her FB friends looks to me like the majority of her friends are at Tech/in Roanoke. It actually seems as if she has more friends at UVA than JMU. I didn't do a complete count though, she has a lot of friends.

I still find it strange that the guy who accompanied Morgan and her friends hasn't been publicly identified. And if he is in fact a POI, then that would probably explain the friends' silence, seeing how he was/is the boyfriend of one of them.

It's also interesting how the Harrington's so quickly dismissed the person Morgan last texted as being a POI. Could it be that person really is a leading POI, but they and LE don't want to reveal that? Or that this person and the guy are one and the same?

It seemed like from the very beginning they believed she was abducted and had an idea of who did it. It's just strange though that if they did have a prime suspect how they haven't came up with anything in over a month.

It would explain their silence, especially if they are following the advice of family lawyers as well..
You'd think that LE would have enough info by now to either say that they have a POI or 2 in this case..
If the boyfriend is suspect, would the friends choose keeping quiet about him over helping find out what happened to Morgan, who was "like a sister"?

As for the guy Morgan texted, maybe he had an airtight alibi for that night and time (for example was in a club on video and seen by witnesses)? LE may have good reason to rule him out, i would think he was seriously checked into that night, being he may be the last person Morgan texted.. at least from her phone or a borrowed "phone"?

This is all my opinion. Anyway if i had to choose, i would say the guy she texted was ruled out by LE, it was said that he was not in the area that night and that LE did not consider him a suspect. LE could have had his phone pinged as well and saw his whereabouts that night. I would think they would take steps to at least rule him out. I would think that for sure the guy she texted and the "boyfriend" are 2 different people.

"In a pre-press conference email, Geller declined to elaborate on the number and source of texts sent or received, but Morgan’s father, Dan Harrington, told national crime show anchor Nancy Grace that his daughter texted that night with a “young man” who was not in the Charlottesville area and was not considered a suspect."
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...-joins-harrington-parents-new-details-emerge/

If the young man Morgan texted that night cooperated with LE and showed him all the texts from Morgan, told them everything that was said, and has a solid alibi combined with evidence of that, i would LE could rule him out..

I would think LE would try their hardest to rule out the last people who seen or heard from Morgan that night. I do think it's very strange we've not heard the name of the boyfriend that was there. It makes me wonder who his parents are, and if they are politicians or something, maybe they don't want the family name "tarnished"..

Morgan's brother is named Alex, not eric.
I think it's sweet he held a vigil outside where Metallica was performing in NYC to remind people his sister is still missing & to give thanks to the band for helping with the reward money =)

Yes you are right..thanks for the heads up. I went up and changed it.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that she attended JMU previously. Do you know where you heard that? This would certainly make her more familiar with the Harrisonburg area.

A quick glance at her FB friends looks to me like the majority of her friends are at Tech/in Roanoke. It actually seems as if she has more friends at UVA than JMU. I didn't do a complete count though, she has a lot of friends.

I am sorry I will look for that link. Also looking for anything on DS this morning I came upon an article saying she goes to James Madison University..Morgans former college. She is a sophmore. Morgan a junior I wonder if that is where they know each other from.

I am sorry I will look for that link. Also looking for anything on DS this morning I came upon an article saying she goes to James Madison University..Morgans former college. She is a sophmore. Morgan a junior I wonder if that is where they know each other from.

Oh it's no problem I was just curious. :) There is so much information flying around out there it is hard to keep it all straight! One article I read made it sound like Morgan and DS had some mutual friends (maybe SS who does go to JMU)? JMU and VT students knowing each other is very common.

That is interesting. I believe Morgan transferred to VTech after two years at James Madison U.

My son is employed at a University in Ohio and my granddaughters have the benefit of paying much lower tuition and fees. So I wonder if VTech offered the same to their staff.

is there a link or something for this? This is the first time I've ever heard that stated. I don't mean to imply that it is incorrect. I would just like to confirm if it is legit information because it would be very interesting and far more relevent than a lot of the stuff i see being picked apart here. Didn't at least two of the people who aledgedly rode to the concert with her go to JMU and that was where they were staying right?

Oh it's no problem I was just curious. :) There is so much information flying around out there it is hard to keep it all straight! One article I read made it sound like Morgan and DS had some mutual friends (maybe SS who does go to JMU)? JMU and VT students knowing each other is very common.

This is the link for DS going to James Madison U. She is a sophmore there.
http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/66764102.html

Hey everyone, I have not really commented on this thread yet, but I've been here mostly lurking 4 a while now, anyhow I live about 45 miles from Charlottesville and about 30 from H-burg, this is the latest on the local news, thought I'd post it cause I didn't see it yet. Hope this link works....

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/72837152.html

Hey everyone, I have not really commented on this thread yet, but I've been here mostly lurking 4 a while now, anyhow I live about 45 miles from Charlottesville and about 30 from H-burg, this is the latest on the local news, thought I'd post it cause I didn't see it yet. Hope this link works....

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/72837152.html

Welcome to Websleuths, Pinkbay and thank you for posting the link to the article.
I think the BB players are just witnesses and that's all, imo..

"Wood says the basketball players were interviewed as witnesses, and they cooperated completely with police. Their names are not being released.
The statement from UVA Public Affairs reads, "Because of the number of rumors that have been circulating about members of the University's men's basketball team in regard to the Morgan Harrington case, we felt it was important to make a statement to set the record straight."
(from above link)

I really am glad that the made this public statement, that should clear it up for those who may have suspected the young BB players.

I really haven't followed this case,so I feel out of the loop on her personality and background if there were any problems before this happened.I was thinking a bf parents wouldn't approve of,she had pick her up or meeting someone in the concert and leaving with them.
I do know Charlottesville is an affluent area,people go for visits to see the mountains and events in the city,one of the best hospitals and doctors in Virginia.A Metallica concert would have attracted people of different ages from 2 or 3 hours away.But,dressed as she was,for a concert,mini skirt and black boots,many of us have had our youth and dressed cute for an event.But,walking around in that area,which makes no sense to me,why was she walking,she would have attracted upteen SOs.I do wonder if she called someone she knew and was going to a meeting place away from the arena to sit down,like a restaurant or mall.Someone could have followed her from the concert and picked her up when they had thier chance,also.If this is the case,it could be anyone in the Charlottesville area.

I wanted to add this,there are popular hiking,biking and mountain climbing areas and if this is the case,abduction and the worst case scenario,it would more than likely a hiker or someone like this to find her.Noone has come up with a suspect or any sign of her past seeing her walking in the area.

I wanted to add this,there are popular hiking,biking and mountain climbing areas and if this is the case,abduction and the worst case scenario,it would more than likely a hiker or someone like this to find her.Noone has come up with a suspect or any sign of her past seeing her walking in the area.

I agree. There are so many very rural and woodsy areas around Charlottesville. I'm not even sure who owns a lot of the land outside the National Park/Skyline Drive area. I wonder how easy it would be to encourage citizens to just take a quick search of their property.

I agree. There are so many very rural and woodsy areas around Charlottesville. I'm not even sure who owns a lot of the land outside the National Park/Skyline Drive area. I wonder how easy it would be to encourage citizens to just take a quick search of their property.

You know,they've never caught the 29 stalker who terrorized women from Northern Virginia to Culpeper,he drove around in that truck picking up women.If people would look at the map and see Orange,Louisa and Culpeper,there have been a serial killer or more than one that's never been caught.An event like a concert with women everywhere would attract a lowlife like that and they know the area all around obviously.The Vtech couple in Roanoke were just killed in the Jefferson National Park while camping and I don't believe there's been a suspect,that happened in September.Actually Morgan kind of looks like that girl,the suspect could even be a student at VTech.
Here's an old article from 2006 of a composite drawing of the stalker on 29...

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=25&sid=714427

You know,they've never caught the 29 stalker who terrorized women from Northern Virginia to Culpeper,he drove around in that truck picking up women.If people would look at the map and see Orange,Louisa and Culpeper,there have been a serial killer or more than one that's never been caught.An event like a concert with women everywhere would attract a lowlife like that and they know the area all around obviously.The Vtech couple in Roanoke were just killed in the Jefferson National Park while camping and I don't believe there's been a suspect,that happened in September.Actually Morgan kind of looks like that girl,the suspect could even be a student at VTech.

We are thinking in similar ways. It does seem like there is a chance the potential suspect in Morgan's case could be using similar techniques to gain trust as the Route 29 stalker did - offering assistance, being very polite, playing "the good samaritan" role.

We are thinking in similar ways. It does seem like there is a chance the potential suspect in Morgan's case could be using similar techniques to gain trust as the Route 29 stalker did - offering assistance, being very polite, playing "the good samaritan" role.

Especially if she felt like she was going just a short distance to be dropped off to meet someone.

Maybe she's the type to do what her parents want,but really didn't want to go to the concert and just decided to ditch when she got there.There's not been any talk of someone she was seeing at least one of her friends knew about,that could have been going to pick her up?I'm not saying that is suspect,just someone who was going to pick her up.What was the deal with her cellphone,why was it not with her?That's wierd,young people live by thier cells to text,it's as important as thier make up.

****Respectfully Snipped****
You know,they've never caught the 29 stalker who terrorized women from Northern Virginia to Culpeper,he drove around in that truck picking up women......

Okay, this is creepy. Compare NK with the stalker drawing.... Of course the stalker is around 5' 10",
I do not know how tall NK is....

nkane1.jpg

18423.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads