Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped and BBM.

It is soooo odd. I would never ever give my password to my parents, unless it was maybe to my bank or credit card account so they can pay it or help with balancing check book? DH never specified which passwords he had he never said it was to her social sites. We are the ones implying that.

Oh,I see,I thought I had read it was social sites.If it was passwords from online,that's more than likely social sites.But,still a 20 year giving passwords is either from a very strict parent or since parent is paying for things,they would want accountability for behavior,I would think.

Has the brother or parents ever directly talked to her in a press conference?If they've not talked directly to her than I would think they don't believe she would leave without telling them.JMO

Has the brother or parents ever directly talked to her in a press conference?If they've not talked directly to her than I would think they don't believe she would leave without telling them.JMO

IIRC, I think that she has talked to her directly in her blog....

You know listening to the Dr Phil show with her parents,I noticed her mother said that Morgan had three choices of what to wear to the concert and "we" narrowed it down to the one and also helped or picked out the purse and just was pretty meticulous of why the purse was chosen so Morgan could dance with the purse.I mean,it's just odd,when my daughter would go to a concert,I didn't pick out her clothes,I would just shake my head.LOL But,anyway,her mother helped her narrow it down and even a purse chosen for a particular thing,that is just very,how do I want to say this,um controlling.I'm ducking,anyway she also said Morgan smoked up till six months ago,there was something else that came up about six months ago with the parents.Could she have just wanted to break free and live her own life,I can't imagine the pressure of having your parent choose your clothes and purse,friends,etc.The last communication was 9:20 and at 9:30,she was on the bridge,credible sighting,they said.They said they can't imagine her doing this,I'm not being critical of the parents,but in looking for a possible scenario,it's very feasible she just left or went with someone and something happened to her.

Dr. Phil mentioned the purse,this was a special purse.Quoting Morgan's mother,"I" actually reviewed with Morgan,she had three options of what she was going to wear to this Metallica concert.So,"we" narrowed it down to one and she wanted a purse that she could dance with."We" found a purse that had a handle that she could unzip..."

You know listening to the Dr Phil show with her parents,I noticed her mother said that Morgan had three choices of what to wear to the concert and "we" narrowed it down to the one and also helped or picked out the purse and just was pretty meticulous of why the purse was chosen so Morgan could dance with the purse.I mean,it's just odd,when my daughter would go to a concert,I didn't pick out her clothes,I would just shake my head.LOL But,anyway,her mother helped her narrow it down and even a purse chosen for a particular thing,that is just very,how do I want to say this,um controlling.I'm ducking,anyway she also said Morgan smoked up till six months ago,there was something else that came up about six months ago with the parents.Could she have just wanted to break free and live her own life,I can't imagine the pressure of having your parent choose your clothes and purse,friends,etc.The last communication was 9:20 and at 9:30,she was on the bridge,credible sighting,they said.They said they can't imagine her doing this,I'm not being critical of the parents,but in looking for a possible scenario,it's very feasible she just left or went with someone and something happened to her.

Dr. Phil mentioned the purse,this was a special purse.Quoting Morgan's mother,"I" actually reviewed with Morgan,she had three options of what she was going to wear to this Metallica concert.So,"we" narrowed it down to one and she wanted a purse that she could dance with."We" found a purse that had a handle that she could unzip..."

But this is just her mom's point of view. Maybe Morgan and her were really close. My mom used to sew dresses for me all my life, she's an amazing seamstress. So I could understand helping her pick out an outfit.

Maybe Morgan and her were really close. My mom used to sew dresses for me all my life, she's an amazing seamstress. So I could understand helping her pick out an outfit.

If my 21-year old son is going for a job interview, a hot date, a formal-ish occasion, he'll ask me my opinion of what to wear. We're very close, and respect each other's opinions.

Also, I read Gil's comment about the purse like maybe they went shopping together for the purse ... i.e. Gil paid for it! What kid wouldn't appreciate Mom paying for a new accessory?!

As for passwords, I do have my son's password for his college e-mail, as he has trouble keeping up with things (ADD), and I read it and ask him if he fufilled whatever requirements and/or responsibilities he had. When he gets 10-20 e-mails a day, it can overwhelm him. I don't have his FaceBook password, nor do I know if he has a personal "secret-from-me" e-mail account.

We also have his password for his savings account, but we don't do anything to it. I was originally on his saving account, as he was a minor, and we've just never taken me off.

My points being, don't over think what the parents are saying.

If my 21-year old son is going for a job interview, a hot date, a formal-ish occasion, he'll ask me my opinion of what to wear. We're very close, and respect each other's opinions.

Also, I read Gil's comment about the purse like maybe they went shopping together for the purse ... i.e. Gil paid for it! What kid wouldn't appreciate Mom paying for a new accessory?!

As for passwords, I do have my son's password for his college e-mail, as he has trouble keeping up with things (ADD), and I read it and ask him if he fufilled whatever requirements and/or responsibilities he had. When he gets 10-20 e-mails a day, it can overwhelm him. I don't have his FaceBook password, nor do I know if he has a personal "secret-from-me" e-mail account.

We also have his password for his savings account, but we don't do anything to it. I was originally on his saving account, as he was a minor, and we've just never taken me off.

My points being, don't over think what the parents are saying.

I agree with this. I am an independent 24 year old (I live my own life and have never felt stifled by my parents) and have given them login information at various times. For example, this summer I was traveling overseas and gave my mom my email password so she could keep an eye out for an important email I was expecting. I gave my dad access to my student loan account a few weeks ago because I had a question about a statement.

I think the bottom line is parents and children have a wide variety of relationships. I definitely don't share every aspect of my personal life with my parents, but I do still very much trust them, and think they have a very accurate idea of things I would and wouldn't do.

On a completely unrelated topic, snow has blanketed the entire area between Charlottesville and Harrisonburg today.

My conclusion is either one of these scenarios: she either fell prey to a SK or disturbed person ( stranger or not) or partied and something went wrong and died bc of it.

Do not believe she ran away. She had her own apartment, was finishing her bachelor's, had what seems to be a great relationship with her brother, came from a well to do family that could help her, was smart and beautiful. With all these qualities there's nothing she cannot overcome. Of course, if she was mentally unstable ( which we do not have any evidence of ) then maybe.

Just a small point: she was only beginning her junior year at VTech. Whether she had spend her freshman & sophomore years at JMU is on the list of things which we do not know. We don't know if she was very successful at her studies or if she was being stressed out. Her father needed to help her with her math course. Extreme stress or pressure is sometimes an apparent motive for someone to go missing.

I think you all hit the nail on the head. It depends on the relationship. One of my daughters had a very best friend. She was an only child. Her mother was maticulous. Every single day of that girls life the mother picked out a perfectly ironed and matching outfit for her to wear to school or to wear anywhere she wanted to go. I often thought that the strangest thing. The girl never complained and always looked like she steped out of a magazine. But now that girl is a college graduate, a trainee for one of the large colleges. She is married and has two lovely little ones. She too keeps a maticulous home. I wonder how they raise them like that?

JMO: parents need to express disapproval of the negative social values expressed at such events; appreciating the event as drama, art, music & sound is okay, but the drugs, drinking & high risk behavior should be severely criticized. Morgan should not have been forbidden to go; but her parents should have had a warning attitude, rather than being so indulgent.

All family relationships are different,but to me,it was how she said "we" reviewed and Morgan picked out one outfit and just some other little things.I was looking to see if she could have left to have more freedom and decision making on her own for her age.Stress from school,parents,etc was what I was looking for.I mean it's a rock concert,not a formal concert,ballet,or prom.Was she breaking free and liked new friends better than older ones and just wanted to get out of there?Her Mom said she stopped smoking six months ago,well stress can cause you to smoke,maybe she did go out to get a cigarette with others outside,then wanted to go to a party around the area.All parents want to believe their kids wouldn't do this or do that,but kids want to please and will sneek around,especially if they're put under pressure to do just as thier told with little or no freedom.

I just thought about this.

I was reading a post in Facebook by the security guard who was distressed cause he could not help Morgan and he said something like she went outside looking for her friends and could not re-enter the arena.

If you look at the video I posted during Lamb of God, it seems that Morgan was down by the stage during their act. Let's assume she was alone down there. When Lamb of God finishes their act she tries to get back to her friends at their assigned seats and does not find them. She calls or texts them and they cannot be reached or she has no reception. Thinks they went outside or left the concert so she goes outside. Goes and checks her car or whatever car they all drove in and it still is in the lot. Calls her friends again and reaches them and they tell her that they are indeed inside the arena so she should go back in. She tries but gets denied. Tells her friends this and they suggest other entrances. She gets denied again and then she vanishes.

All family relationships are different,but to me,it was how she said "we" reviewed and Morgan picked out one outfit and just some other little things.I was looking to see if she could have left to have more freedom and decision making on her own for her age.Stress from school,parents,etc was what I was looking for.I mean it's a rock concert,not a formal concert,ballet,or prom.Was she breaking free and liked new friends better than older ones and just wanted to get out of there?Her Mom said she stopped smoking six months ago,well stress can cause you to smoke,maybe she did go out to get a cigarette with others outside,then wanted to go to a party around the area.All parents want to believe their kids wouldn't do this or do that,but kids want to please and will sneek around,especially if they're put under pressure to do just as thier told with little or no freedom.

You could be totally correct, that Morgan found it difficult to live under her parent's thumb, so to speak. I'm certain a lot of kids would feel that way. But it could also be that Morgan either didn't mind involving her parents in all her activities, or she may have felt secure getting their advice and assistance.

Its such an individual thing, depending on the child. Think also Morgan may have shared her password to certain sites but she may have also had an e-mail account etc. with a password known only to her. Just the fact she chose a red dress for the prom, when the other friends wore white dresses says, to me, that she definitely has a mind of her own.

I was reading a post in Facebook by the security guard who was distressed cause he could not help Morgan and he said something like she went outside looking for her friends and could not re-enter the arena.

If you look at the video I posted during Lamb of God, it seems that Morgan was down by the stage during their act. Let's assume she was alone down there. When Lamb of God finishes their act she tries to get back to her friends at their assigned seats and does not find them. She calls or texts them and they cannot be reached or she has no reception. Thinks they went outside or left the concert so she goes outside. Goes and checks her car or whatever car they all drove in and it still is in the lot. Calls her friends again and reaches them and they tell her that they are indeed inside the arena so she should go back in. She tries but gets denied. Tells her friends this and they suggest other entrances. She gets denied again and then she vanishes.

If I am not mistaken, it has already been discussed, and the woman that looks like morgan that is down by the stage has already publically identified herself and verified that it is her in the videos near the stage at the concert that night. (Multiple mentions in the previous threads on this case, she was even on NG I believe.)

No one would purposely leave a concert because they can't find their friend(s) because they know they will not be able to get back in. Especially before the main band gets on stage. You can get back with your friends without alot of difficulty simply by waiting in the area you were all seated. I have gone thru this dozens of times in the largest arenas and none of my group has ever been lost.

I feel more that she left to meet an ex boyfriend and that it was prearranged (her friends not panicing over her leaving the arena) and perhaps this meeting did not go as planned. IMOO

Absolutely agree, it doesn't matter if you're a black belt in all the martial arts, if someone comes up behind you and takes you by surprise, or is a lot bigger than you, or has a weapon, there's really nothing you can do unfortunately.

A great example of this is the case of Gary Michael Hilton who killed a number of women, last of which was Meridith Emerson. She was a high level martial arts person, was hiking with her dog. He was 61!!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321107,00.html

JMO: parents need to express disapproval of the negative social values expressed at such events; appreciating the event as drama, art, music & sound is okay, but the drugs, drinking & high risk behavior should be severely criticized. Morgan should not have been forbidden to go; but her parents should have had a warning attitude, rather than being so indulgent.

Do we know that this disapproval DIDN'T happen? The point being if I am allowin my future child to attend a Metallica concert I know what is gonig on there. I al so realizee that my 18/19/20 year old is or has probably experimented with drugs and alcohol. That happens. I don;t particularly like the "indulgent" statement, especially when we don't know what their convo was about that.

No one would purposely leave a concert because they can't find their friend(s) because they know they will not be able to get back in. Especially before the main band gets on stage. You can get back with your friends without alot of difficulty simply by waiting in the area you were all seated. I have gone thru this dozens of times in the largest arenas and none of my group has ever been lost.

I feel more that she left to meet an ex boyfriend and that it was prearranged (her friends not panicing over her leaving the arena) and perhaps this meeting did not go as planned. IMOO

This makes a lot of sense to me. Her leaving for any other reason doesn't make any sense. The parents said that she had had the tickets for months and was really looking forward to going to the concert. She buys a new outfit to wear to the concert which doesn't make sense to me as people are all crowded together usually standing clapping, etc, and why the new purse so that she can dance? Most people young or old don't get all dressed up to go to a concert where you don't even really pay any attention what anyone is wearing. I would bet most of the kids there were in pants and tops ready to rock. I don't know how she could have been dancing unless she was talking about dancing in place crowded between the people on both sides of you. I know it can get a little wild but why not tuck some money in your pocket if you want to buy a drink, your ticket in hand, and car keys in your pocket and you have both hands free and don't have to worry about a purse.

It bothers me that the friends weren't frantic when they couldn't find her after the concert. If she was really locked out why not have one of the friends bring her car keys to a door to give to her and she could have picked the friends up after the concert if she really got locked out? Maybe her plans did change and someone that she knew planned to meet her at the concert...outside...and she was going to go with him and meet the rest at home later. Maybe the concert wasn't the reason for the new outfit and purse. Regardless of how it came to be I really think this gal is not with us anymore. It's been to long for her not to have contacted someone by now.
I wonder if she did hitchhike even though she should have known better in this day and age but a lot of the time young folks just don't think anything could happen to them. I hope she is still alive and is just taking a break but I just have a feeling that is not the case. She did seem to be pretty close to her family. Dad still balances her checkbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro