Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This board is spinning off in some outlandish directions. Obviously the last know person(s) to see Morgan is extremely important to the investigation and, realisticly, must be "investigated" so that LE can ascertain if 1) the witness is telling the truth: in which case they become the single most important lead. 2) the winess is lying because he is, in fact, the perp or 3) the witness is lying/exhagerating/embelishing for some other reason; probably trying to insert themselves into the investigation. False/misleading witnesses can totally de-rail an investigation.

What I would like to know is 1)What did Morgan say to the Basketball players and 2) What is the full "story" of the hitch hiking "sighting". Evidentally, LE does not want to disclose this "information".

This rumor that she was seen at the 7-11, is there anything to it? There should have been a video cam and anyone working there should have remembered her. This would be huge. It would change everything and render all previous sighting, including the B-ball players, relativly unimportant.

Are we that bored that we're posting at each other?

:hand: :argue: :bigstick: :biggrin: :tsktsk: :grouphug:

I think the fact that she was talking to the team players is she was going around looking for a ride and hanging out talking to people.It's a college campus area and anyone looking to pick up a girl,party or a SO would be there.Someone could have followed her from the concert,7-11,parking lot,or just cruising,it could be anyone of any age from two or three hours away.It could be anyone.Unfortunately,in Virginia,if missing people are found,it's usually by people walking on the mountain trails.I'm sorry,but this is how it is,I really think she would have contacted her family during the holidays.

Two perps could be responsible, which could up the odds that one of them would slip up - and the case could be solved. And we're not seeing that so far... So I dunno.

I think it makes sense to question the fact that MH did not jump out of a car (that we know of) and get to safety. My mom used to go to UVA in the late 1960's & she had to jump out of a car where somebody had ill intent. It does happen there. Back then it was an almost all male school. Anyway, the multiple traffic lights in town would have given MH an opportunity to do that. UNLESS: the perp had some level of pre-planning (i.e. doors that don't unlock from the inside; she was in the trunk; or restrained with ducktape etc.)

IMO we need to stay on topic here. Wouldn't it make sense that the perp could be on here and is trying to steer us in the wrong direction. Just saying.

This is my second posting. My first was waaay back on the #4 or #5 thread ;)
But I am following along closely with this case -- reading every post here.

I haven't seen this rumour posted here...a poster named jerzE who says he or she is a friend of the friends posted on the findmorgan.com forum that the friends went back to Charlottesville to look for Morgan on Sunday morning and then called the Harringtons when they still hadn't heard from her. jerzE posted this on December 1st in the What If Morgan Just Left thread.

If indeed the friend went back on Sunday, it could explain the dumped purse that was found later on Sunday (as opposed to someone finding it right after the concert)?? This rumor only fuels the way I'm leaning -- that the friends have *something* to do with MH's disappearance or are covering up for something.

-Liv

You know,I'm watching CNN right now and the "Breaking News" is Tiger Woods mother in law went to the hospital for a tummyache,Wow!If the missing people in our country could get the same media attention,instead of what they see as sensational,wouldn't that be wonderful?

The 12 year old they just found in Chicago strangled a block from her home,didn't even get an Amber Alert and poor little child didn't get media attention until she was found dead and the media wanted to make a story out of it.Even LE will keep this case open longer,I'll bet.Our local news does blah blah mostly useless stories,but if it has to do with VA Tech,they're all over it.This is sad,as all these missing people need and deserve the same media exposure and media attention.

This is my second posting. My first was waaay back on the #4 or #5 thread ;)
But I am following along closely with this case -- reading every post here.

If indeed the friend went back on Sunday, it could explain the dumped purse that was found later on Sunday (as opposed to someone finding it right after the concert)?? This rumor only fuels the way I'm leaning -- that the friends have *something* to do with MH's disappearance or are covering up for something.

-Liv

Hm,interesting.

Hello to all;

I have been off this forum for a few days and was surprised to return to it today and find all this negative energy with the numerous comments about race, politics, where someone grew up or their sexual orientation. I want to remind all of you that we are better than that.

I was attracted to Websleuths because of the caliber of people that post here. You all seemed to be collectively and genuinely interested in Morgan. Compared to other boards I read (but never joined) this group seems to be much more mature, responsible and civil towards one another.

That is until I read the posts today. After “catching up” with all the comments I would like to offer an observation. Short of Morgan being abducted by aliens and taken to another planet, it would seem that all of the possible scenarios have been discussed, re-discussed and then discussed some more. I sensed a great deal of frustration with the recent posts as to none of us having much of anything new to discuss. The friends aren’t talking, LE isn’t talking and the case is seemingly fading from the public eye. Virginia Doll made the statement recently that she felt like all of us were just going in circles; I think that about sums it up for all of us. But it’s not an excuse to take shots at one another. We remain the strongest when we collectively think and work as a group. Ideas flourish when encouraged in a supporting environment, not a hostile one. Disagreement is fine and expected but it should not dominate the forum. And it should not constitute a reason to take shots at one another.

Think about the frustration we are experiencing here on this forum. Then think about Morgan’s family. I think you see my point. Our frustration pales in comparison to theirs. I remember a missing person case when I was in LE in Virginia years ago. We suspected that the missing family member had met with foul play. I remember being in the families living room updating them on our progress. One of the officers made a comment to the parents that he was sorry about their situation and nothing could be worse than losing a child (in this case a teenager). To which the father replied, “Yes there can be; and that is never knowing what happened to your little girl and never seeing her again”. I never forgot those words or the look on his face when he spoke them. It was like he was dead inside from not knowing. In this case it turned out that the girl had run off with her boyfriend only to have a change of heart a couple of weeks later.

The Harrington’s are living that same nightmare right now. Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers. Let’s keep in mind that we are the strongest as a team and when we are strong the Harrington’s can take strength when they read this forum that all of us are working together to find Morgan.

What we are suffering from is rehashed hash... The LE never said that they had a POI but it seems that they did... He was cleared and now more silence.

The silence in this case is deafening but one thing keeps ringing in my head. It is the sound of the LE at the 1st press conference stating that MH's friends need to get involved or be proactive and then the silence is deafening. My question to all of you... How many friends or associates of someone, who is missing, has to be asked to get involved? Usually the only ones who don't want to get involved are the ones who know something.

I do find all the "rumors" interesting. All of them seem to be saying that whatever happened, is MH's fault... I find that fascinating considering these rumors seem to be attempting to remove any blame or suspicion from the toooo quiet "friends" or associates. It is just an interesting form of damage control to me, because all of you know as well as I do some of the so-called friends or associates can google themselves and find out exactly what the suspicions are regarding them.

It has also been speculated the closeness of the group that attended the concert... Speaking for myself... My associates don't drive my car... My best-friend does...

The player from UVa who took a leave of absence has since rejoined the team. We don't even know if this is the same player that was questioned by police. Based on the timing of the leave of absence, I wouldn't be surprised if he was borderline on losing his academic eligibility due to grades so he took time off to concentrate on the books. Since he took the leave of absence around midterm and rejoined the team near the end of the semester, this seems as likely as anything else.

The player from UVa who took a leave of absence has since rejoined the team. We don't even know if this is the same player that was questioned by police. Based on the timing of the leave of absence, I wouldn't be surprised if he was borderline on losing his academic eligibility due to grades so he took time off to concentrate on the books. Since he took the leave of absence around midterm and rejoined the team near the end of the semester, this seems as likely as anything else.

Just to clarify, the player from UVa who was suspended from the team for three games has rejoined the team. The player who took an indefinite leave of absence is still absent, from what I can tell. I don't know that either or both were the players MH interacted with, nor what their absences from the team were related to, but grades are very plausible, I agree with you.

Just to clarify, the player from UVa who was suspended from the team for three games has rejoined the team. The player who took an indefinite leave of absence is still absent, from what I can tell. I don't know that either or both were the players MH interacted with, nor what their absences from the team were related to, but grades are very plausible, I agree with you.

Basketball player J.T. took an indefinite leave of absence on November 11, 2009. As of November 29, he was no longer on a leave of absence.

What we are suffering from is rehashed hash... The LE never said that they had a POI but it seems that they did... He was cleared and now more silence.

The silence in this case is deafening but one thing keeps ringing in my head. It is the sound of the LE at the 1st press conference stating that MH's friends need to get involved or be proactive and then the silence is deafening. My question to all of you... How many friends or associates of someone, who is missing, has to be asked to get involved? Usually the only ones who don't want to get involved are the ones who know something.

I do find all the "rumors" interesting. All of them seem to be saying that whatever happened, is MH's fault... I find that fascinating considering these rumors seem to be attempting to remove any blame or suspicion from the toooo quiet "friends" or associates. It is just an interesting form of damage control to me, because all of you know as well as I do some of the so-called friends or associates can google themselves and find out exactly what the suspicions are regarding them.

It has also been speculated the closeness of the group that attended the concert... Speaking for myself... My associates don't drive my car... My best-friend does...

You hit the nail right on the head! The rumors all sound like pure spin.

What is a man-stealer anyway? Isn't it more likely that maybe she and some other girl were interested in the same guy? If the guy was neither married nor engaged, then how could she "steal" him?

Also, she supposedly always leaves her friends without telling them anything? Why would they trust her enough to go anywhere with her at all then? And, why is the rumor that only her friends are heroin addicts, and not she herself? Maybe the spin-doctor figured the tale wouldn't fly, so she attributed the addiction to the more nebulous and vague "friends."

The part about which car was in Charlottesville & who had the keys has never been clarified. At one point, her father said that both the car and the keys remained in Harrisburg that night.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, :confused: remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke.

On another board, someone wrote up a list of all the things we don't know about this case; if the implications were not so grim, it would have been funny. For example, we still don't know how many people she was with, if they were all girls or if at least one guy accompanied them, what her tee shirt looked like, which vehicle(s) were used to get to Charlottesville, whether MH's car was driven to Charlottesville, if and why she left her car keys behind, whether she had been a student at JMU the previous semester, how many tickets had been purchased and who paid for them, exactly what time she had called her father on Saturday afternoon, what happened before the trip to the concert, where she was planning to stay that night ...

Posted by LRS9S; One more question: is there any confirmation one way or another of Morgan's sexual orientation? Is it possible that any number of the "guy problem" scenarios posted on this forum could actually be true but for the fact that they're really "gal problems"? Just throwing that out there

Also in the above post you are hinting at the basketball players. So are you racist?

So what are your rules? You can ask question and no homophobic tendencies to your inquiries but when I ask...I am wrong.

The athletics complex through which MH was walking that night is huge, and some parts are open to the Charlottesville community, like the McCue Center. When we discuss the possibility of BB player/athlete we are not limiting discussion to any race.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17800&KEY=&ATCLID=1134428

I don't think it is one bit racist for Honeybun or anyone else to look at the people who were last known to be with Morgan (just as, for example, Joran van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers were suspects in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, not because of nationality or race, but because she got in a car and left with them). So in Morgan's case, the list would include her friends, the people who called her or texted her that night, the basketball players and others in that physical space where the phone was found, etc. It is also worth noting that many basketball players are white Americans or Europeans from Lithuania, Italy and other countries where basketball is played. I am one person who was taken aback by a major player leaving that team just after--just after--Morgan disappeared. If he was cleared--that answers one question. But I am going to look at the LE statements to see just what was said about "clearing" the player.

I agree. My point was just that word "racist" is just tossed around very casually to intimidate people & block discussion. There were witnesses who described the BB players; therefore, certain suspicions are reasonable. They might know something that they are holding back, or they may not recall some tiny but significant detail (the way Elizabeth Smart's sister felt that the voice of the abductor was familiar to her, but she couldn't place where she had met him before.) Not only that but there could have been many more athletes/BB players in the area; maybe some that they didn't even see.

Secondly I don't think people used the term racist to "intimidate and block discussion", the fact that the BB players were the last people known to interact with MH is very relevant, the fact that they were raised in "other ways" or that she is photographed with a black guy so it must be the BB player does border on racist or at the very least culturally depraved. Citing that the number of black people at the concert is likely to be very low is not racist though.

I think we need to keep our personal idealogies from bleeding into discussions here but as other have said, I think we are frustrated. My gut tells me we're heading to cold case territory and it saddens me. Now amount of pushing will keep any type of media spotlight on this without any new leads. Unless LE has a working theory with a POI or two they need to drop more info if anything just to generate leads. If we're lucky CNN will run a story in 5 years when Nancy Grace spends 30 seconds on it during a future broadcast.

Perhaps we need to get creative and try to interview some locals, bartenders, etc, maybe over the phone or something. Find some local WS'rs who are willing to go gather the rumors.

Either way I don't think her parent's choice of church is very relevant, I really don't feel there is much correlation between one's street smarts and the flavor (or lack) of religion they were exposed to as a child.
JMO: One's basic beliefs about life influence everything one does.

Secondly I don't think people used the term racist to "intimidate and block discussion", the fact that the BB players were the last people known to interact with MH is very relevant,
I agree.

the fact that they were raised in "other ways"
JMO: could lead to misunderstandings, and conflict.

or that she is photographed with a black guy
BF/ex-BF is always a suspect. He isn't necessarily her ex-BF or BF, but JMO: almost everyone else seems disagree, but the Unity photo suggests that she may have had some interest in him personally.

so it must be the BB player does border on racist or at the very least culturally depraved.
Not all BB players/athletes are Black though. This area of UVa is saturated with huge sports facilities.

Citing that the number of black people at the concert is likely to be very low is not racist though.
This fact might tend to exonerate the guy in the photo to the extent of any harm which may have been caused inside the arena, if any such harm did occur.

I think we need to keep our personal idealogies from bleeding into discussions here
Actually differing viewpoints might be helpful. JMO: the real problem here is that we do not have enough solid information. MH's companions that night must know many more details than they are revealing. A woman cannot just suddenly disappear. She is somewhere & can be found.

You hit the nail right on the head! The rumors all sound like pure spin.

What is a man-stealer anyway? Isn't it more likely that maybe she and some other girl were interested in the same guy? If the guy was neither married nor engaged, then how could she "steal" him?

Also, she supposedly always leaves her friends without telling them anything? Why would they trust her enough to go anywhere with her at all then? And, why is the rumor that only her friends are heroin addicts, and not she herself? Maybe the spin-doctor figured the tale wouldn't fly, so she attributed the addiction to the more nebulous and vague "friends."

Respectfully snipped by me.

Actually, I don't think the rumors sound like spin at all. They sound like local talk from people who actually knew and associated with Morgan and the Harringtons throughout the years and know more info than police and sleuthers who had never met these people would know. And let me clarify that no matter what may have happened to Morgan, whether it was drug related, love triange related, fight with friends related, sneaking off to meet a guy related, WHATEVER, it was NOT her fault. No one deserves to have anything like this happen to them, and no family ever deserves this kind of hell. I look at my four year old little boy every day and wonder if there's a feeling more horrific than not knowing where he is and if he is safe. I cannot fathom how her parents must feel :(

Also, I don't think these rumors are an attempt to remove blame from the friends or anyone else, it's more to try and determine the possible scenarios that might have taken place that night-friends involved or not!

And BTW, a "man stealer" is a girl who breaks apart another girl's relationship by going after the guy, whether that girl is engaged, married, dating the guy, or whatever. Is a couple dating seriously for 5 years any less important than a married couple of 2 years? I would say not at all. I am of Morgan's age group, I know that man stealing is actually a pretty big deal to a lot of girls. Basically, you just don't do such a thing to a friend, it's taboo. And most girls will not go after a guy that dated a friend unless that friend is totally ok with it.

ETA: I don't think it was specified that only some of the people she associated with were heroin addicts and not her. I think it was left open ended...you've gotta remember, anything is possible here, we know almost nothing for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3