Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video pictures posted above the girl I am seeing has long blonde hair that is wavy and is wearing a light colored shirt with a backpack type purse. Was Morgans hair that long and that blonde? Was her shirt in fact light colored instead of black? Did she make it to the floor and not the 300 section.

If they want us to let them know if we saw a young lady getting into a car then they have to show us what the young lady looked like that night. I don't think that is asking so much.

Ghostmaster I believe the parade you are talking about was put on and Morgan represented by the group she volunteered for in the summer months. Victims of domestic violence. I saw a video and there were maybe ten marching. I will try to find that for you.

A group from Forgotten Victims, a non-profit for which Morgan Harrington used to volunteer, has organized “Let’s Bring Morgan Home for X-Mas” floats (cars) as part of upcoming holiday parades. The cars will showcase www.FindMorgan.com signage, fliers will be distributed, and children from the Forgotten Victims organization will carry a Find Morgan banner.

This parade was a week or so ago. I don't know if any other friends were in this parade.

Honeybun, thank you for the post about Forgotten Victims, Morgan volunteered with the children.

BBM
In all fairness to LE, if they gave us every detail then they'd have all kinds of wackos coming out of the woodwork to claim they "seen" Morgan for their 5 minutes of fame, attention, or some other odd reason.
IMO, i wish they released more info, however we already have an idea of what she wore for the most part that night to the concert. LE has to keep some details to themselves so that they can determine which sitings are legit or not.

IMO, i don't see how knowing exactly what she was wearing that night is going to help us solve this case. We can't personally question witnesses who claim to see her. Most of us don't even live around there and for those that do, they may not have been at that concert that night. LE said they were treating this as a criminal investigation (i forget the exact wording missing person-being looked at as criminal investigation) that would lead us to believe foul play was involved at some point.
LE needs a body. I hate to have to say it, it's a horrible thing, however at this point with so much time passed... IMO, i really don't think Morgan ran away. I think she met up with someone she just met the night of the concert and something bad happened..

LE gave out enough info for people who may have been at the concert or around there and had possibly seen her to come forward.

The most important thing is Morgan's face. People can cut and dye their hair, change their clothes, however faces stay the same. IMO, all this is why i think that every detail about what she wore isn't as important as working with other info that we have.

IMO, i wish they released more info, however we already have an idea of what she wore for the most part that night to the concert. LE has to keep some details to themselves so that they can determine which sitings are legit or not.

IMO, i don't see how knowing exactly what she was wearing that night is going to help us solve this case. We can't personally question witnesses who claim to see her. Most of us don't even live around there and for those that do, they may not have been at that concert that night. LE said they were treating this as a criminal investigation (i forget the exact wording missing person-being looked at as criminal investigation) that would lead us to believe foul play was involved at some point.

The most important thing is Morgan's face. People can cut and dye their hair, change their clothes, however faces stay the same. IMO, all this is why i think that every detail about what she wore isn't as important as working with other info that we have.

I feel pretty safe in guessing that quite a few girls who match Morgan's description and were dressed similarly attended the concert. Morgan's outfit would not be unusual to wear to a metal concert. Long blonde hair, short skirt (blanking on color/thinking black but not sure), black stockings, boots and black t-shirt (people may not have necessarily seen the shirt was Pantera and there are quite a few different Pantera tees). Not very helpful in a crowd of thousands at a metal concert. We already have the confusion with the Dee sightings.
I can't imagine that no one took pictures that night and why it would be an issue for LE to release the photo. A pic of the necklace wasnt released until a week or so after she went missing and it looked large and clunky so it would stand out. Tho I am not sure about that becasue the photo wasn't of anyone wearing the necklace.
(orig post snipped by me)

I have looked and looked, and cannot find an official statement from LE stating that the UVa basketball player or players has been cleared. One player who took a leave of absence is back on campus, but not playing, according to the Uva bb website I saw yesterday. Now, an earlier post on this thread said that the player had been cleared; another stated that UVa had stated that police had cleared the player. But I can't find corresponding media sources that verify those statements. Are there media links, and I just missed them? I have checked mostly print and some local TV. I think it is important to establish, if we can, who says the player was cleared.

Respectfully snipped:

My second and less optimistic thought is that maybe they are losing hope and it's starting to show :( If you read some of their recent blog posts, the tone of losing hope is obvious.

I agree with this. As much as I hate to say it, there is only so long one can continue to hold out hope that Morgan is alive, being held against her will. It must be absolute hell for her family, hoping against hope for almost eight weeks.

I realize LE need to keep info about the case private, but it does seem that the amount of info not being released is a bit much - we still really know very little for certain. Almost like someone wants confusion.

Think I'm gonna take a break from this case, as I don't think LE has a suspect in mind and, with so little info to go on, we're just spinning our wheels. Its just soo dang frustrating!

IMO, this case is bothering me and i'm sure a lot of us..
Also, IMO i think there is nothing odd about Gil; Morgan's parents at all, they are classy and are handling this case very respectfully while hoping for the return of their daughter. Especially if you compare them to Cummings and Croslin, the Harringtons are saints.
I do believe that the "evasiveness" you notice from parents of missing children when they are interviewed on talk shows etc may be due to them not being allowed to give out too much info due to LE and what may potentially hurt the case.

Why do you think Gil comes off as odd? It may be just certain questions LE told them not to answer, or they feel uncomfortable about it..imo

please be sure that i mean no disrespect in any form. well, if i knew what it was exactly then i suppose it wouldnt be "odd", lol, i dont know what it is. and yes they seem as very upstanding, good, honest and kind people - without much doubt, im not suggesting anything to the contrary. and yes they are without a doubt saints compared to the parents that you mention. i understand that le most likely has to do with what info they are allowed to convey to the public, it wasnt that she was evasive it was how she handled it that struck me as odd...im sorry for not saying that clearly.

I have looked and looked, and cannot find an official statement from LE stating that the UVa basketball player or players has been cleared. One player who took a leave of absence is back on campus, but not playing, according to the Uva bb website I saw yesterday. Now, an earlier post on this thread said that the player had been cleared; another stated that UVa had stated that police had cleared the player. But I can't find corresponding media sources that verify those statements. Are there media links, and I just missed them? I have checked mostly print and some local TV. I think it is important to establish, if we can, who says the player was cleared.

You know I was just sitting here thinking about the different sightings of Morgan and how accurate they were. That made me think I wonder if the basketball players knew Morgan well enough to say for sure yes that was Morgan we saw that night. Every sighting was from strangers and I have seen a couple of pictures that people said looked like Morgan and to me didn't look like her one bit. One being the picture of the playmate Jennifer Pershing. The other one was one somebody sent in and said they thought it was Morgan..didn't look one bit like Morgan. In fact looked about ten years older.

The reason I am asking is because from the beginning I have had my doubts she ever made it into that concert that night. No video and no pictures.

If the video posted above is Morgan then she is looking different than we were told with a light shirt on.

Weezie, I am sure that many others are feeling the same frustration you feel...I feel it also

More and more I am thinking back to the Chandra Levy case..

all of the "stuff" really didn't matter....the congressman, the love affair, the fact she was moving, the guy at the gym....in the end it boiled down to a young woman alone and vulnerable for a few sad moments ...the misfortune of running into a sick predator

and I think ultimately this may be the same...it won't matter about the cell phone, the friends, why she left the arena..

bottom line...she was out there alone and ran into MR WRONG

the scary thing is that to search all the RSO's, felons etc ...may not even yield anything...every serial killer has his "first" and/or maybe has not even been recognized

I am feeling more and more this was some horrible but random act

and one day...someone walking a dog....hiking with a dog....will find her
just as they found Chandra

Ghostmaster I believe the parade you are talking about was put on and Morgan represented by the group she volunteered for in the summer months. Victims of domestic violence. I saw a video and there were maybe ten marching. I will try to find that for you.

A group from Forgotten Victims, a non-profit for which Morgan Harrington used to volunteer, has organized “Let’s Bring Morgan Home for X-Mas” floats (cars) as part of upcoming holiday parades. The cars will showcase www.FindMorgan.com signage, fliers will be distributed, and children from the Forgotten Victims organization will carry a Find Morgan banner.

Ok - this is the first I've heard of her working with victims of domestic violence.

Let's look at a new theory - this might be a remote possibility, but, hey, anything is possible.

What if she ticked someone off while working with the domestic violence victims? A victim's boyfriend, ex-husband, etc. Perhaps the disgruntled male heard her mention something about the concert, and arranged to have her lured outside?

Unlikely, yes - but at this point I think anything short of alien abduction needs to be considered.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/79008717.html

Some good news re. info.: RSBM

"Gellers says they do have leads. But, there is still a large gap of information missing from the night Morgan disappeared.

"We have these gaps," said Geller. "But, we have a sighting the next morning up in the Culpeper, Orange area that could be very viable. But, unfortunately, we don't have surveillance video. Nobody at the gas station recalls seeing her there."

The possible Culpeper/Orange sighting is one of many leads investigators are following up on. But, the key information remains at the Copeley Road bridge where multiple people last saw Harrington trying to hitch hike."

Very interesting. I guess they believe the woman that saw her at the gas station....

Maybe she is alive and well. Maybe she ran away or has amnesia?

Okay, Morgan had seats in the 312 row or around there i believe. So she paid tickets (or her dad did) for those seats in that row. However many times in concerts people want to get "better seats" so they will sneak into the floor area in front of the stage (which isn't the area they paid for, however you can see a lot better and you are right there in front of the stage). Even if there's seating in the floor area in front of the stage this still happens. It happens all the time at big concerts. There's so many people that security can't possibly keep track of people sneaking into the "better area" in front of the stage all the time. So if Morgan wanted to and was able sneak down to get down to the part right in front of the stage for a better view. Everyone is standing up or milling about, it's a sea of bodies.

She wouldn't have to scalp her ticket for a better one, it's unnecessary, IMO, all she had to do was sneak into the floor area which was better and it's free.

In my younger days i've done this myself. Sometimes they catch people, most of the time they don't. If your smart about it they won't catch you.
There's a lot more concert goers than hired security. In all fairness to the security, they can't be watching everyone the same time, they are outnumbered.

I hope this is easier to understand now =) if not just let me know and i'll try and explain better. Others might know what i'm referring to if they've been to huge concerts. Not every concert is like this, just some.
A lot of concerts may have general admission, and there are no seating arrangements. Some of them have seating arrangements, however the whole place gets up anyway and goes towards the front in front of the stage.

Correct, all of the girls' tickets were for seats in the 300 section. I really don't think Morgan tried to make it down to the floor area right in front of the stage. The person in these new videos who people are saying might be Morgan looks like Greg Allman to me, at least from the back. At the very least it looks like a guy with stringy long really blonde hair wearing a whitish/yellowish shirt. Anyway, again, I don't think Morgan was even interested in getting closer to the stage. It sounds like not long after she made it into the arena, she left for whatever reason. The question continues to be not where she was exactly inside the arena anyway but what happened to her after she left.

I agree, I wish LE would release more information or some viable lead would come up or a good tip called in. I'm really starting to lean toward the lone perp theory, someone Morgan didn't know and had never met before, who somehow got her into his car and proceeded to abduct her for nefarious purposes. If her friends were involved or anyone she knew was involved, LE would have found some evidence by now. The reason LE has nothing is because the perp has no connection to her life whatsoever before that night, and apparently he's a real loner or good at keeping secrets, because it doesn't seem like he's talked. I also think this is sadly turning into a cold case, and will continue to be one unless some hiker or hunter happens to stumble across her remains.

Respectfully snipped...

1. MH & AM drive to Harrisburg. They may have separated with plans to meet up later. MH & unknown parties meet at the dorm room or apartment of an unknown party or some other place. (Seems very unlikely that any confrontation occurred inside a dorm room at JMU, since typically dorms afford little privacy, and we would have heard all about it by now; but maybe MH was acquainted with someone who lived off-campus & a bit out-of-the-way).

The vast majority of students who live in dorms on JMU's campus are freshmen. There are very very few upperclassmen who still live on campus (because of space and the ever increasing size of incoming freshman classes). There are NUMEROUS apartment complexes located within walking distance of campus, but there are also others spread throughout Harrisonburg that are not within walking distance.

My point being, based on Morgan's age it is more likely any friend she was visiting would have an offcampus apartment and would not live in a residence hall.

Also, just as a small side thought for people who might not be familiar with the area...the city where JMU is located is HarrisONburg, not Harrisburg. It's a very common mistake and even mail addressed to Harrisburg, VA will get delivered. But, it makes looking up specifics on maps or in the news easier if you spell it Harrisonburg :)

ETA: I saw a missing poster posted in the drive thru window of a DQ in Harrisonburg this evening.

"We have these gaps," said Geller. "But, we have a sighting the next morning up in the Culpeper, Orange area that could be very viable. But, unfortunately, we don't have surveillance video. Nobody at the gas station recalls seeing her there."

The possible Culpeper/Orange sighting is one of many leads investigators are following up on. But, the key information remains at the Copeley Road bridge where multiple people last saw Harrington trying to hitch hike."

Then we get into the same set of questions as before ... there is more than 1 of that company's gas station in the area, and since neither MH NOR the woman that reported seeing her showed up on video, did LE go to the wrong location?!
AARRGGGHHHHH!!!

Okay, Morgan had seats in the 312 row or around there i believe. So she paid tickets (or her dad did) for those seats in that row. However many times in concerts people want to get "better seats" so they will sneak into the floor area in front of the stage (which isn't the area they paid for, however you can see a lot better and you are right there in front of the stage). Even if there's seating in the floor area in front of the stage this still happens. It happens all the time at big concerts. There's so many people that security can't possibly keep track of people sneaking into the "better area" in front of the stage all the time. So if Morgan wanted to and was able sneak down to get down to the part right in front of the stage for a better view. Everyone is standing up or milling about, it's a sea of bodies.

She wouldn't have to scalp her ticket for a better one, it's unnecessary, IMO, all she had to do was sneak into the floor area which was better and it's free.

In my younger days i've done this myself. Sometimes they catch people, most of the time they don't. If your smart about it they won't catch you.
There's a lot more concert goers than hired security. In all fairness to the security, they can't be watching everyone the same time, they are outnumbered.

I hope this is easier to understand now =) if not just let me know and i'll try and explain better. Others might know what i'm referring to if they've been to huge concerts. Not every concert is like this, just some.
A lot of concerts may have general admission, and there are no seating arrangements. Some of them have seating arrangements, however the whole place gets up anyway and goes towards the front in front of the stage.

Sorry, I disagree. If people without floor tickets are getting onto the floor, the security is not doing their job at all. The floor should be barricaded with a couple of manned gates, and they will make you stand there and wait to get in as they check tickets. If they catch you jumping the barricade, you're usually out the door on your ear. In almost twenty years, the only way I have ever seen someone get around it is by somehow getting a wristband off someone else's arm and changing places. Scalpers make a fair amount off "trade-ins" from people who got seats and want floors.

Probably a moot point anyway, unless we have reason to think she separated from her friends to head down front one way or another. But I think it pretty much precludes her from being the girl in the LOG video.

Then we get into the same set of questions as before ... there is more than 1 of that company's gas station in the area, and since neither MH NOR the woman that reported seeing her showed up on video, did LE go to the wrong location?!
AARRGGGHHHHH!!!

I have to find where I read that she specified which location she was at. I think it was at the Finding Morgan in Facebook under a discussion thread. Ill look for it in the morning.

Sorry, I disagree. If people without floor tickets are getting onto the floor, the security is not doing their job at all. The floor should be barricaded with a couple of manned gates, and they will make you stand there and wait to get in as they check tickets. If they catch you jumping the barricade, you're usually out the door on your ear. In almost twenty years, the only way I have ever seen someone get around it is by somehow getting a wristband off someone else's arm and changing places. Scalpers make a fair amount off "trade-ins" from people who got seats and want floors.

Probably a moot point anyway, unless we have reason to think she separated from her friends to head down front one way or another. But I think it pretty much precludes her from being the girl in the LOG video.

It is very easy to get on the floor. Embarrassed to say but my husband's friends do it all the time. They buy a lot of tix during the pre-sales and they bring the rest to the floor with the tix from the people on the floor. Example: One from arena goes out to meet the others at other sections and gives them the stub from the people already in arena.

Mia...we think alike

I tend to think that even if her friends were on TV making pleas to find her it won't help if this is a stranger abduction. More and more that seems a strong likelihood, sad to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member