GUILTY VA - NFL QB Michael Vick, 3 others indicted for dog fighting, Surry County, 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested, you can contact the NFL at the following:

Here is one more important step to ensure your voice is heard: Please take a moment to leave a message with NFL Public Relations at 1-212-450-2000 (you may have to leave a message in voicemail) and urge the NFL to suspend Michael Vick.

Also, here is the Commissioner's address:

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Thanks a bunch!

Yeah, hope he loses that 120 million from his Falcon contract.

I don't know why but sometimes I find the inhumane treatment of animals more disturbing than people. Is that bad? I guess cuz they are just so defenseless and at the mercy of inhumane people.

Kato, don't feel badly about that. I feel just as you do and know several people who feel the same way. Animals, children, and the elderly -- there is NO EXCUSE for allowing their abuse.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESS CRITTERS and LOCAL and STATE POLITICIANS -- tell them how you feel and demand change!

CNN is reporting that Nike has suspended the release of the new Michael Vick shoe.

Good first step, now cancel his ad campaign with you.

Me and my doggie are doing the doggie happy dance!!

Kato, don't feel badly about that. I feel just as you do and know several people who feel the same way. Animals, children, and the elderly -- there is NO EXCUSE for allowing their abuse.

WRITE YOUR CONGRESS CRITTERS and LOCAL and STATE POLITICIANS -- tell them how you feel and demand change!

Words straight from my own heart! Those are things I do not tolerate!!

Email your Congressperson's entire office staff and request that Michael Vick be suspended immediately.

http://www.outsourcecongress.org/outsource/congress/schstaffers.html

To: Andrew_Billing@Isakson.senate.gov; Nancy_Bobbitt@Isakson.senate.gov; Nancy_Brooks@Isakson.senate.gov; Chris_Carr@Isakson.senate.gov; Loula_Davenport@Isakson.senate.gov; Jared_Downs@Isakson.senate.gov; Houston_Ernst@Isakson.senate.gov; Marie_Gordon@Isakson.senate.gov; Monica_Heil@Isakson.senate.gov; Catherine_Henson@Isakson.senate.gov; Jeremy_Johnson@Isakson.senate.gov; Joan_Kirchner@Isakson.senate.gov; Margaret_Krueger@Isakson.senate.gov; Caroline_McLean@Isakson.senate.gov; Mike_Quiello@Isakson.senate.gov; Jody_Redding@Isakson.senate.gov; Jason_Skipper@Isakson.senate.gov; Glee_Smith@Isakson.senate.gov; Bradford_Swann@Isakson.senate.gov; Tyler_Thompson@Isakson.senate.gov; Sheridan_Watson@Isakson.senate.gov; Sarah_Adams@Chambliss.senate.gov; Justin_Clay@Chambliss.senate.gov; Teresa_Ervin@Chambliss.senate.gov; Catherine_Fore@Chambliss.senate.gov; Leslie_Gavin@Chambliss.senate.gov; Jennifer_Hayes@Chambliss.senate.gov; Rich_Horne@Chambliss.senate.gov; Camila_Knowles@Chambliss.senate.gov; Lindsay_Mabry@Chambliss.senate.gov; Theresa_Milligan@Chambliss.senate.gov; Ashley_Nelson@Chambliss.senate.gov; Monty_Philpot@Chambliss.senate.gov; Anne_Russell@Chambliss.senate.gov; Marisa_Simpson@Chambliss.senate.gov; Nancy_Staves@Chambliss.senate.gov; Clyde_Taylor@Chambliss.senate.gov; Michael_Venet@Chambliss.senate.gov; Kate_Vickers@Chambliss.senate.gov
Subject: Suspend Michael Vick
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 9:25 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Vick is an ugly blemish on the great State Of Georgia, as well as our United States.

SUSPEND HIM NOW!!

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

(Want to keep these e-dresses in the forefront for a while so they'll be handy.)

Let's hope this sociopathic blood thirsty gets convicted.

There was an article in the Washington Post yesterday written by Michael Wilbon. That guy sure is a bonehead. He actually compared Vick's case to the Duke lacrosse players.

What?
lol
okay..Wilbon.
Whatever.

I have been a lurker for a long time and I finally have decided to post. I first came here following the story of a Beautiful Child. I am so glad people are getting upset about this. I and a lot of my friends have pits and they are so sweet that is why we decided to get one. The media always reports a pit attack. I work in a hospital and a elderly woman was attacked by two german shepherds and they killed her yorkie and that was never in the news but when a pit attacks everyone hears about it. My vet said he has never seen a pit born mean, if they are mean someone made them mean. It makes me sick they do this to these dogs, yes you see their tails wagging because after all they have been through they still love humans. It is sickening. You always here family pitbull attacks child but then there is always that followup article that nobody sees, oh and it was a fighting dog :banghead: but no at first it was a family dog. My son who is 8 jumps all over his dog and I would trust that dog with our lives. He is such a lover. I hope more people open up their hearts to pits and their plite!

I have been a lurker for a long time and I finally have decided to post. I first came here following the story of a Beautiful Child. I am so glad people are getting upset about this. I and a lot of my friends have pits and they are so sweet that is why we decided to get one. The media always reports a pit attack. I work in a hospital and a elderly woman was attacked by two german shepherds and they killed her yorkie and that was never in the news but when a pit attacks everyone hears about it. My vet said he has never seen a pit born mean, if they are mean someone made them mean. It makes me sick they do this to these dogs, yes you see their tails wagging because after all they have been through they still love humans. It is sickening. You always here family pitbull attacks child but then there is always that followup article that nobody sees, oh and it was a fighting dog :banghead: but no at first it was a family dog. My son who is 8 jumps all over his dog and I would trust that dog with our lives. He is such a lover. I hope more people open up their hearts to pits and their plite!
Thanks for joining in imthemom; don't be a stranger. Yes, I agree that pit bulls are unfairly maligned, and their unfortunate reputation is directly attributable to a narrow group of mean demented owners. I'm glad you chimed in and offered your own experience.

Welcome Imthemom. I appreciate your nice words about pits.
Are they not the smartest dogs in the world?

Welcome Imthemom. I appreciate your nice words about pits.
Are they not the smartest dogs in the world?
Great News for all of us animal lovers here on WS. It turns out that Senator Byrd-VA- took the floor and railed against Michael Vick today, and expressed great affection for God's creatures. If you are not familar with Senator Byrd, he is the senior member of the Senate, having served continuously from the 1950's. He is very highly respected. That's simply great news. I am hoping I'll have a chance to catch a rerun of it, in its entirety, on C-SPAN

Great News for all of us animal lovers here on WS. It turns out that Senator Byrd-VA- took the floor and railed against Michael Vick today, and expressed great affection for God's creatures. If you are not familar with Senator Byrd, he is the senior member of the Senate, having served continuously from the 1950's. He is very highly respected. That's simply great news. I am hoping I'll have a chance to catch a rerun of it, in its entirety, on C-SPAN
Thanks for that info BUzz. I took your info over to our local sports discussion board. I managed to kill the thread.:(
I will continue to post whatever you do.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the Falcons are going to let Vick play until at least after the trial:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290061,00.html

I hope everyone boycotts the Falcons. Their vocal choice does not speak well for the character of the owner, players, or NFL, in my opinion. Maybe we need to write stronger letters and more letters. Vick is contrite all right ... he's sorry he got caught.

Here's a Humane Society related email to the NFL regarding Vick--please send one in:
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_dogfighting_nfl2?rk=u12Uqo51Nbs8E

The Smoking Gun
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

More info

Philip H. Knight, Chairman of the Board
Mark Parker, Chief Executive Officer
Charlie Denson, President, Nike Brand
Nike World Headquarters
One Bowman Drive
Beaverton, OR 97005-6453
800-344-6453
6am - 4pm PST

http://www.nike.com/nikebiz/nikebiz.jhtml?page=37

For other Nike questions and assistance, please contact Nike USA Consumer Services at:
- 1-800-344-6453 - (6 a.m. - 4 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday)
http://swoosh.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/swoosh.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank
general manager Rich McKay
commissioner Roger Goodell
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007951758

Here's another Falcon's feedback site:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/About/Contact_Us.aspx

My email said:

SUSPEND MICHAEL VICK

HE'S A BLIGHT ON ALL HUMANITY

Email your Congressperson's entire office staff and request that Michael Vick be suspended immediately.
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/out...hstaffers.html

To: Andrew_Billing@Isakson.senate.gov; Nancy_Bobbitt@Isakson.senate.gov; Nancy_Brooks@Isakson.senate.gov; Chris_Carr@Isakson.senate.gov; Loula_Davenport@Isakson.senate.gov; Jared_Downs@Isakson.senate.gov; Houston_Ernst@Isakson.senate.gov; Marie_Gordon@Isakson.senate.gov; Monica_Heil@Isakson.senate.gov; Catherine_Henson@Isakson.senate.gov; Jeremy_Johnson@Isakson.senate.gov; Joan_Kirchner@Isakson.senate.gov; Margaret_Krueger@Isakson.senate.gov; Caroline_McLean@Isakson.senate.gov; Mike_Quiello@Isakson.senate.gov; Jody_Redding@Isakson.senate.gov; Jason_Skipper@Isakson.senate.gov; Glee_Smith@Isakson.senate.gov; Bradford_Swann@Isakson.senate.gov; Tyler_Thompson@Isakson.senate.gov; Sheridan_Watson@Isakson.senate.gov; Sarah_Adams@Chambliss.senate.gov; Justin_Clay@Chambliss.senate.gov; Teresa_Ervin@Chambliss.senate.gov; Catherine_Fore@Chambliss.senate.gov; Leslie_Gavin@Chambliss.senate.gov; Jennifer_Hayes@Chambliss.senate.gov; Rich_Horne@Chambliss.senate.gov; Camila_Knowles@Chambliss.senate.gov; Lindsay_Mabry@Chambliss.senate.gov; Theresa_Milligan@Chambliss.senate.gov; Ashley_Nelson@Chambliss.senate.gov; Monty_Philpot@Chambliss.senate.gov; Anne_Russell@Chambliss.senate.gov; Marisa_Simpson@Chambliss.senate.gov; Nancy_Staves@Chambliss.senate.gov; Clyde_Taylor@Chambliss.senate.gov; Michael_Venet@Chambliss.senate.gov; Kate_Vickers@Chambliss.senate.gov
Subject: Suspend Michael Vick
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 9:25 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Vick is an ugly blemish on the great State Of Georgia, as well as our United States.

SUSPEND HIM NOW!!

Hi! I wasn't calling the town Badnews, please don't take it that way. I was stating that VICK had that on his site. From what I've heard, Newport News is actually quite beautiful. Vick had that on his site as a reference to his 'other' affiliation, his 'kennel/dogfightin' name. I'd never make a blanket statement about a town, race,religion or even breed of animal. I'm a Puerto Rican chick that lives in the south, loves her heritage but listens to country music, loves NASCAR and is married to a country boy, I'm kind of a contradiction to any blanket statement that someone could say about Puerto Ricans...so I'd never be that insensitive. :)

Thanks catsmeow,
I didn't mean to over react. :blowkiss:

Wow! I didn't know that! You're right, they probably won't care.

I've heard that the owner of the Falcons is also the co-founder of Home Depot. Does he have anything to do with Home Depot anymore?? Anyone know?
Wikipedia says he retired as co-chairman of Home Depot in 2001. :cool:

In the first link, I believe, Vick said, "...I know I need to make some changes around me to make sure that the people in my life have my best interest at heart."

To me, this statement sounds like he is going to blame it all on the people who he was hanging out with. It's all their fault. I can't describe how sickening it is what these guys have done to innocent animals. It is scary to think that there are people who actually get a thrill out of torture and murder of animals. What must be going through the minds of these degenerates who find pleasure in suffering? It's scary. They say that serial killers often tortured and killed animals when they were young. I don't see much difference in these guys...except now they are full grown adults.

I agree with others that the sentence of six years is way too light. The laws need to change. I couldn't even watch the segment on Nancy Grace last night. I just can't stand cruelty to animals or children. I think those who do this are the lowest of low and should be locked away forever.

Good for him! :clap: :clap: Finally someone in power is speaking up for the rights of animals. Even though this is a felony in most states, the punishment isn't enough, imo. Only if Vick gets the maximum sentence of 6 yrs. will this mean anything to him but it still isn't enough.

Good for him! :clap: :clap: Finally someone in power is speaking up for the rights of animals. Even though this is a felony in most states, the punishment isn't enough, imo. Only if Vick gets the maximum sentence of 6 yrs. will this mean anything to him but it still isn't enough.

What will get his attention is if he's kicked out of the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx