Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where in northern Virginia is she from? And where in the state park was her car found? Has anyone created a map with points of interest such as home, job and found car? I would if I knew how. Thanks!

Can we map out her home, her last location, and the areas where she did crossfit and off trail adventures?
If we have the addresses, I can map it.

She lives in Woodbridge, VA, which is on the northeast edge of Prince William County. Her last text is reported to have come from the area of Warrenton, VA (Fauquier County). The FB poster, who said Nicole's Mini Cooper was found 5 minutes from her home in a trail parking lot, lives in Syria, VA, which is in Madison County, VA. Another poster here said the car was found in Shenandoah County, which would be considerably farther than 5 minutes from Syria. I've attached a county map. Looks like she basically drove West from her home, presumably with the intent to hike. I don't why she wasn't reported missing until Friday unless she had planned to spend the night away from home on Wednesday. I know firefighters and police offers work crazy shifts, so if she is living with her husband, it's possible they were on opposite shifts and he didn't realize she hadn't been home on Wednesday night/Thursday.

virginia-county-map.jpg

I'm thinking it is likely she is injured somewhere out there, overexertion (heart, etc), or maybe hurt her leg, maybe fell or got stuck in some kind of crevace. Hope they get to her soon!

:praying:

Update from VSP:
http://www.facebook.com/FindNicoleNow/

Still searching for Nicole.
Her vehicle was discovered yesterday, Sat April 16th, in Shenandoah County.
Reported missing on April 15.
Car found abandoned shortly before 8pm on Saturday in a parking lot in the Shenandoah National Park.
State Police and US Park Police spent the night searching by ground and air.
Call VSP, #77 from a cell, or 911.
Email: questions@vsp.virginia.gov

That's very interesting - the original poster says April 13, but she wasn't reported missing for two days?

I know her husband and family must be so scared. I hope she's found very soon and is OK. Praying she is just injured or lost and no foul play has come to her.

Here we go. Finally some msm:

Woman, 31, reported missing from Woodbridge, car found in Shenandoah National Park
http://wtop.com/prince-william-coun...bridge-car-found-in-shenandoah-national-park/

"WASHINGTON —Virginia State Police are searching for a missing Woodbridge, Virginia, woman who hasn’t been seen since April 13, though her car was found Saturday — miles away in Shenandoah National Park.

Her 2009 Mini Cooper was found abandoned shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday in a parking lot in the park*in Madison County, according to a police release Sunday morning.

Mittendorff’s family has said on social media postings that she “is extremely dedicated to her job” as a paramedic/firefighter, but failed to show up for shift changeover Friday morning. The Fairfax County Fire Department confirmed to WTOP that she is a career firefighter/paramedic with the department."

MISSING: 31-year-old Woodbridge woman
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/missing-31-year-old-woodbrodge-woman/138760597

"FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA9) -- Police need help locating a missing 31-year-old woman from Woodbridge, Va.*

Nicole K. Mittendorff, 31, was reported missing to Virginia State Police on Friday and police say her car was found abandoned shortly before 8 p.m. on Saturday. She has not contacted her family since Wednesday."

It seems people on fb have been submitting this case to various media outlets, not sure about NG specifically.

I have a question that I've been wanting to ask for a while.

Does LE ever give the media an order NOT to cover a case? I've wondered about this before as related to our serial sniper here in Colorado. And I wonder about this now, here, if maybe LE has asked the media to refrain until they can complete this phase of their investigation (specified search)?

I'm a missing persons advocate and I can say that where I live, the media will not pick up a missing persons case until LE has requested they do so, in the form of an internal press release. It is very strict and sometimes very prohibitive if LE isn't moving as fast as we are. In this case though, her husband is a State trooper, so I believe if they wanted the media exposure, they could easily get it.

Police looking for Woodbridge woman missing since Wednesday
http://www.insidenova.com/headlines...23e-04b4-11e6-ae51-af1b4c0f41fc.html?mode=jqm

"The Virginia State Police are looking for a missing Woodbridge woman whose vehicle was found Saturday night in Shenandoah*National Park.

Nicole Katherine Mittendorff, 31, was reported missing Friday, according to the Virginia State Police website.

Her last known contact with friends and family was Wednesday, April 13, when she sent a text message at about 10:50 a.m., according to the Facebook page, Find Nicole.

Mittendorff was thought to be near Warrenton when she sent the text message, the Facebook page says.

When she failed to show up for work on Friday, April 15, she was reported missing."

More media outlets carrying her story, nothing new yet except the mention of the Madison County portion of the park at the second link:

Virginia State Police searching for missing 31-year-old woman
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/124352373-story

Car Belonging to Missing Woman Found in National Park
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...g-Woman-Found-in-National-Park-375992221.html

"Search efforts are continuing on Sunday in the Madison County portion of the park."

Virginia State Police: Va. woman missing, car found abandoned in national park
http://wjla.com/news/local/virginia...-missing-car-found-abandoned-in-national-park

Search underway for missing Virginia woman
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/17/search-underway-for-missing-virginia-woman/

I must be missing something.
Last known contact was the 13th, but not reported missing until the 15th?
Wasnt her husband worried when she didnt come home the nigh of the 13 OR 14th?

We have hiked the White Oak Trail and the Limberlost Trails. They are both popular with families, as neither are difficult, though White Oak Canyon can get steep at times. They are also popular with runners. White Oak Canyon is a trail that descends into the canyon with waterfalls along the way toward the bottom. It crosses the Limberlost trail a couple of times and there are fire roads off of it as well, as I recall. It is very easy to get lost if you go off trail.

The temps would have been pretty cool on Wednesday, especially in the earlier hours. I would say probably close to freezing. I live near Woodbridge and I don't think it got warmer than 60 or so that day and Shenandoah would be a good 20 degrees cooler, I think.

There likely would not have been many people on the trails midweek and without the foliage really blooming there yet.

It is usually pretty crowded when the weather gets to the 70s and on the weekends, especially with families.

I hope she is found safe. I wonder if she took any camping equipment and just wanted to get away for a short time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what firefighter schedules/shifts are like on a rotation basis; if they are 12 hour or 24 hour? Assuming she was off Wednesday and Thursday?, last known contact was Wednesday when thought to be going for a run, perhaps her family thought she was home/friends home the evening of the 13th and 14th. If there was marital discourse at the time, they may not have been speaking or keeping track of each other. Who knows?

It doesn't matter as the past can't be changed. What is important is that her family and husband are in need of support and prayers.

Respectfully, IMO

I'm genuinely curious and would appreciate any insight/opinions on the subject. Is there any significance to the term "abandoned" being used in regards to her vehicle or is that just the chosen term when a vehicle is found and its unaccompanied. To me, abandoned sounds pessimistic. Unless there is some information that's not being released (100% possible!), it sounds like there's a high probability that she parked her vehicle where it was found, and then proceeded on with her plans as if it were a normal day for her until something/someone altered those plans.

I just finished reading there... Sounds like a bunch of gossip from people with a lot of time on their hands. And no mention there of her disappearance either. Rsbm

Disgusting. These are supposedly adults/colleagues posting but they sound like a bunch of preteens! Sorry, but this shows the sexism and harrassment that females still endure in the workplace. Asking for pics of NM, sickening...

I must be missing something.
Last known contact was the 13th, but not reported missing until the 15th?
Wasnt her husband worried when she didnt come home the nigh of the 13 OR 14th?

Something is off here. Her father texted with her on April 13, but I wonder if it is confirmed that she was texting. It doesn't make sense that her husband wasn't concerned earlier than April 15.

Oh my. Her car was found by a trail? Didn't someone say that she might have gone running somewhere in the morning she went missing? I would look it up, but I'm on mobile and it's a pain in the neck. It sounds like she may have had an accident while running, if that information is correct. Would a runner normally take their cell phone with them on the trail? Either way I hope they find her soon, and safe.

She may have fallen and injured herself. I wonder if the park (has cell service). Some places that are away from town and quite rural still have spotty service. Her battery may also have died. Praying they find her today!!

I'm genuinely curious and would appreciate any insight/opinions on the subject. Is there any significance to the term "abandoned" being used in regards to her vehicle or is that just the chosen term when a vehicle is found and its unaccompanied. To me, abandoned sounds pessimistic. Unless there is some information that's not being released (100% possible!), it sounds like there's a high probability that she parked her vehicle where it was found, and then proceeded on with her plans as if it were a normal day for her until something/someone altered those plans.

I was wondering this as well. "Abandoned" sounds like it was ditched on the side of the road. Reading the stories in the press, it sounds as if it was parked, the way any other visitor would park. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl