Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is off here. Her father texted with her on April 13, but I wonder if it is confirmed that she was texting. It doesn't make sense that her husband wasn't concerned earlier than April 15.

The only thing I can think of is with opposite schedules, he may have worked Wednesday and Thursday and assumed she was in and out and they missed each other. A call from work on Friday may have been the first time he realized she hadn't been home.

FWIW, some police and FF/EMS work 12, 18 or 24 hour shifts and 2 days isn't a long time to not see each other.

Just seen this on a friends FB feed. Subscribing

Find Nicole!

The only thing I can think of is with opposite schedules, he may have worked Wednesday and Thursday and assumed she was in and out and they missed each other. A call from work on Friday may have been the first time he realized she hadn't been home.

FWIW, some police and FF/EMS work 12, 18 or 24 hour shifts and 2 days isn't a long time to not see each other.

Still, everyone has a phone, so it seems like something is off if they don't communicate for 2 days.

I was wondering this as well. "Abandoned" sounds like it was ditched on the side of the road. Reading the stories in the press, it sounds as if it was parked, the way any other visitor would park. ???

To some people words are not important like my wife. I, however, read something into every word. Why would you use the word abandoned instead of found if it was discovered in a designated parking area?

this is true, but husband / wife still text or communicate in some way even when they work opposite shifts. it seems curious to me that her husband didn't find it odd that he hadn't heard from her in 2 days - especially a state trooper.

It is disheartening that this case is not getting more attention from the press. And yet word is getting out via social media. There are currently 11 members and 82 guests viewing.

Hello and welcome to our guests.

Where in northern Virginia is she from? And where in the state park was her car found? Has anyone created a map with points of interest such as home, job and found car? I would if I knew how. Thanks!

Welcome hokeechic and all guests. :)

:welcome5:

Some new photos were just shared on the Find Nicole FB page. Looks like she has some tattoos (one on her inner left wrist). I can't figure out how to link the photo post though.

Link to FB page. Scroll down for new photos: https://www.facebook.com/FindNicoleNow/

direct link to photo from the find FB page showing Nicole weight lifting. Note tattoo on wrist and partially visible tattoo on torso above ribs opposite side from wrist ink.

https://www.facebook.com/FindNicole...0.1460930329./489495557918763/?type=3&theater

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-17-16-24-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-17-16-24-41.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 567
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Fire-closes-trails-in-Shenandoah-National-Park-375993031.html

This link says there is a fire burning in the park. Im not lot local to the area ,but im wondering how close this is to where they are searching?

"LURAY, Va. (NEWSPLEX) --A fire burning in the southern district of Shenandoah National Park has forced officials to close several trails.

The park says the Rocky Mtn Fire 2016 has burned about 200 acres, but adds the burn has been entirely within the park’s boundaries.

Three trails are now unaccessible to hikers: Rocky Mountain Trail, Gap Run Trail and Onemile Run Trail. The park says they will keep the Skyline Drive open.

Snip

"The cause of the fire is under investigation, but the park believes it was likely caused by humans."

Still, everyone has a phone, so it seems like something is off if they don't communicate for 2 days.

this is true, but husband / wife still text or communicate in some way even when they work opposite shifts. it seems curious to me that her husband didn't find it odd that he hadn't heard from her in 2 days - especially a state trooper.

Not necessarily. When my partner goes interstate for work, as he does frequently, we generally don't talk at all during that time. If we do it's usually just a quick update on the kids every two or three days. We just aren't like that. We're both unsentimental introverts who have little need to talk about anything unnecessary. We can sit in a room together for hours and barely say a word to each other. It's worked well for us for over 12 years now.

I admit that might be unusual (when my mother visits she gets texts and phonecalls constantly... it would honestly drive me up the wall), but it isn't an inevitable sign of trouble.

Disgusting. These are supposedly adults/colleagues posting but they sound like a bunch of preteens! Sorry, but this shows the sexism and harrassment that females still endure in the workplace. Asking for pics of NM, sickening...

I have recently come to realise that there is a sadly large amount of men who view women as something less than human. A living sex-toy, kitchenhand and broodmare, basically, and nothing more. Never mind a woman's mind or soul or ambitions and dreams - they're unimportant compared to what a woman can do for a man in the kitchen and bedroom. This attitude is always most obvious when an attractive woman is in the news for literally any reason - her life is in danger or she's a bridesmaid to a royal or in between. It's frustrating. I'm actually pretty conservative but it would be nice for men to at least regard women as full human beings, especially in a case like this. /rant

Not necessarily. When my partner goes interstate for work, as he does frequently, we generally don't talk at all during that time. If we do it's usually just a quick update on the kids every two or three days. We just aren't like that. We're both unsentimental introverts who have little need to talk about anything unnecessary. We can sit in a room together for hours and barely say a word to each other. It's worked well for us for over 12 years now.

I admit that might be unusual (when my mother visits she gets texts and phonecalls constantly... it would honestly drive me up the wall), but it isn't an inevitable sign of trouble.

I have recently come to realise that there is a sadly large amount of men who view women as something less than human. A living sex-toy, kitchenhand and broodmare, basically, and nothing more. Never mind a woman's mind or soul or ambitions and dreams - they're unimportant compared to what a woman can do for a man in the kitchen and bedroom. This attitude is always most obvious when an attractive woman is in the news for literally any reason - her life is in danger or she's a bridesmaid to a royal or in between. It's frustrating. I'm actually pretty conservative but it would be nice for men to at least regard women as full human beings, especially in a case like this. /rant

My understanding is that this married couple were simply doing what they normally did, which includes going to work. To normally go days without any communication suggests to me that there is something wrong in the marriage. Wouldn't they connect at least to make a plan for when they see each other again? ... a dinner plan? ... a quick update on what's going on in their lives? I suspect that this is a murder.

My understanding is that this married couple were simply doing what they normally did, which includes going to work. To normally go days without any communication suggests to me that there is something wrong in the marriage. Wouldn't they connect at least to make a plan for when they see each other again? ... a dinner plan? ... a quick update on what's going on in their lives? I suspect that this is a murder.

Dunno. My partner and I don't need to communicate in order to have dinner, because we literally have the same dinner every single night due to dietary routines.

ETA:

I know people always jump to the husband, and not without good reason because of woeful statistics on partner violence, but I remember with poor murdered Stephenie Scott in Leeton NSW, people thought it was weird her fiance didn't raise the alarm sooner (she was last heard from on 1pm Sunday; she failed to meet him for dinner on that evening; he didn't report her missing until 3pm Monday), but it wasn't him who killed her, it was someone who worked at her workplace.

Often true, however there have been times I didn't hear from my husband during his 24 (especially if he was riding the medic) or only heard from him at the begining of the shift. Although it is curious, I am not sure I would get hung up on it. What would be interesting/telling is to see how busy station 30 was during her shift. However, I believe the only way to know that is to go into the CAD system at a fire station. I cannot speak to the VSP side of things as I only have knowledge of fire side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966