Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a suicidal person go to the gym for a crossfit workout right before disappearing? I just don't see that happening.

It could. Training/fitness is important for her. Maybe it started off as clearing her head for awhile then something happened/or she she changed her mind. It's difficult to understand what another person is thinking.

She worked Monday, correct? A 24 hour shift until Tuesday morning.
her shift ended Monday I think, given everything posted but the shift published goes against the 24 on 48 off that I thought someone said was FF schedule

Would a suicidal person go to the gym for a crossfit workout right before disappearing? I just don't see that happening.

I don't think we have any confirmation that she worked out in warrenton. I just saw that her last known location was Warrenton and people are speculating that is where she could have gone was to a crossfit place in Warrenton that she was a member of. Although people pass by Warrenton to get to SNP all the time and that could just be the route she was comfortable taking getting there. So my point is I don't think we have concrete evidence that she did a workout before her trip to SNP.

The father posted, "My daughter Nicole went missing on Weds, 13 April 2016 about 1100 in the morning in Northern Virginia. The last contact was text messages about 1050. The last known probable location was Warranton, Virginia." He never said he was the last one to talk to her, but the last contact was text messages about 10:50. He has the cell account in his name, according to the family post about wanting a lawyer last night. Maybe that's how he traced her last text message location, or maybe from what was said in the texts she was around that area, because he said probable location was Warrenton.
VSP triangulated to get the last pinged location and it hit warrenton. I think that was originally posted on her FN page but I know there have been a lot of edits to those posts

Shifts are usually 12 hours, paid works the day shift, volunteers do the night. The post about the texts by her father is the original one, he's taken that info off and edited his post. Fire does have 24 hour shifts, but I'm not sure what she worked.

I just can't wrap my head around how the last text was 10:50a and she "went missing" 10 minutes later. Like, how does that work? Why not 3 hours later? Why not immediate after? How does he know she disappeared 10 minutes after? Or do you think he's rounding up for brevity-sake?

With so little info being put forth, all one can do is speculate as to the why, how etc. I would imagine that LE has spoken with all the people relevant to her work and gym to ascertain her state of mind. IMO the family is worried that she may cause harm to herself for whatever reason and as of this moment, finding her is paramount. No doubt VSP will do everything to help one of their own and I am praying today is the day. IMOO

Shifts are usually 12 hours, paid works the day shift, volunteers do the night. The post about the texts by her father is the original one, he's taken that info off and edited his post.
That's Prince William. Fairfax has full professional coverage with volunteers to supplement. Three 24 hour shifts.

Perhaps that has been her experience only. I agree, not all people in healthcare act that way. However, where men and woman work closely together, rumors and innuendo probably exist.

Very true Zuri!

That's Prince William. Fairfax has full professional coverage with volunteers to supplement. Three 24 hour shifts.
I had edited my post to say fire does 24 hour shifts, but not sure what she worked.

Update: I should've edited it to say paid firefighters work 24 hour shifts, volunteers come in the evening and night shifts.

Looking at this from a different angle -

Perhaps Nicole spent the night with someone Tuesday night and called into work Wednesday morning. What if something happened to her that morning before ever leaving wherever she was? The other person, not even driving Nicole's vehicle, could drive into Warrenton and send a text to her dad before shutting off the phone. It would leave the last contact with that message, last location as Warrenton and being considered missing at the point the phone was shut off a few minutes later. Nicole's car wasn't located until 3.5 days later and there's no known evidence that her vehicle was in that lot prior to Saturday evening/night. It could just be a dump spot for the vehicle and she or sadly her body could be anywhere. The location of her vehicle, the text or anything found in her vehicle could be red herrings - especially if the perp was someone Nicole was familiar with.

Shifts are usually 12 hours, paid works the day shift, volunteers do the night. The post about the texts by her father is the original one, he's taken that info off and edited his post.
This information is incorrect Fairfax County Fire & Rescue is 24 hour shifts their schedules are 24hrs on - 24hrs off -24hrs on- 24hrs off -24hrs on -4 days off - So the beginning of NM work week was Monday April 11th 2016 at 6 or 7 am not sure on start time exactly

Has it been confirmed that she was at the gym Monday? Source?

Looking at this from a different angle -

The location of her vehicle, the text or anything found in her vehicle could be red herrings - especially if the perp was someone Nicole was familiar with.

BBM. This has been my hunch from the beginning.

She would have been at work so there would be no way she would have been at the gym on Monday

you're right aeronomy...and consider this, if we continue with a foul play scenario:

1 perp -- would have to have followed her or found her at shenendoah. otherwise he/she wouldn't have had a way to get 'home'. supports the theory that she did indeed call in sick to go for a long run...
2 perps -- fit into your theory, because if the car is a red herring or a simple dump job, it would require 2 people to drive that and a return trip vehicle.

this is of course assuming a non-national-park-assisted-suicide...

This information is incorrect Fairfax County Fire & Rescue is 24 hour shifts their schedules are 24hrs on - 24hrs off -24hrs on- 24hrs off -24hrs on -4 days off - So the beginning of NM work week was Monday April 11th 2016 at 6 or 7 am not sure on start time exactly

I've already addressed that to the other poster where I had edited my post. I think I'll make that my signature. ;)

What is their protocol for calling in sick? I understand it had to be done by 5 or 5:30 a.m., but do firefighters call into the station directly? I know some companies have automated services for such purposes. Would she have had to speak with someone directly?

Where I live, there is no calling in sick to the fire dept; instead it is all done through an app and/or a website that can be accessed by mobile phone or a PC. You just mark yourself off for sick leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214