Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...9/23/how-to-best-survive-a-black-bear-attack/
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...being-eaten-by-a-black-bear-179225111/?no-ist
The links list some ways to avoid being attacked by a black bear. The most important finding they found was it was usually the lone hungry males, because they're hungry. If you google "child killed by black bear" you'll get incidents, and they weren't just children. Don't be fooled into thinking they won't attack.

It is a possibility, but it's often overstated as a likelihood. Wikipedia has a page that lists fatal bear attacks in the US, broken down by black bear, grizzly, etc. Since 2000 there have been 4 fatal attacks in the east by wild bears (there was another by a captive bear that attacked it's owner's wife, in PA). 1 was an infant which I assume was left unattended by the porch of the family vacation home in NY, 1 was a 6 year old in TN, a 50 year old in TN, a 22 year old in NJ whose group was running away. Nothing recent in VA that I saw. It's small consolation that the offending animals are usually identified and killed (and then verified to be th right bear).

Still, if she was obviously injured, weak, disabled, I think she would be a target for the right bear. I have lots of bear stories from Shenandoah and most of them end with the bear running away in fear, but occasionally just ambling off. I have been so close to a big bear that I spooked down in Big Run that I felt the ground shake and I spun around in a circle looking for the horse that I thought was going tp trample me, I was cooling off in a pool once, wearing just my glasses, watching the fish, looked up and saw one checking me out 10 yards away, head moving up and down, sniffing, looking at different angles (they don't have great eyesight). I was a little concerned about that one but the bear turned away and resumed it's exploring elsewhere. Had I made any move at all it probably would have high-tailed up the ridge (I was getting ready to do some moves to demonstrate that I wasn't carrion but a healthy human being) . Many more encounters but those are a couple of the closer ones.

Mountain Lions have been reported, and seems likely a couple are around from what I've read, but no proof and no attacks in VA for like 100 years or more. I would think the ones that made it this far would be very discrete and stay far away from people. I heard a pack of coyotes in the evening, on an overnight backpacking trip in November. Don't think they would attack anyone that could move at all. There's reports of Coy-wolf which I am guessing are the larger coyotes that are part wolf and supposedly originate in the Great Lakes region. For the most part I think a carnivore will not attack, but may keep track of a vulnerable person from a safe distance.

you're right aeronomy...and consider this, if we continue with a foul play scenario:

1 perp -- would have to have followed her or found her at shenendoah. otherwise he/she wouldn't have had a way to get 'home'. supports the theory that she did indeed call in sick to go for a long run...
2 perps -- fit into your theory, because if the car is a red herring or a simple dump job, it would require 2 people to drive that and a return trip vehicle.

this is of course assuming a non-national-park-assisted-suicide...

1 perp - dump spot could have been chosen because it's near perp's home or near a friend or family member's home, 1 perp could have pulled a Randy Taylor and called a cab from near the dump spot or from the other side of the forest after hitting the trails, 1 perp could use the trail system to get home

If 1 perp, it could explain why her car was left in that area instead of any of the other parks and trail systems all over NoVA

Maybe the family wants to see if the downloaded files were maps from another location she was going to run. That way they would have a better idea where she was if attacked, or abducted, and the car was parked there by someone else. Seeing her lift the weights to see how strong she is, she's not going to be taken easily. Even with her size, she seems to be stronger than alot of men.

1 perp - dump spot could have been chosen because it's near perp's home or near a friend or family member's home, 1 perp could have pulled a Randy Taylor and called a cab from near the dump spot or from the other side of the forest after hitting the trails, 1 perp could use the trail system to get home

If 1 perp, it could explain why her car was left in that area instead of any of the other parks and trail systems all over NoVA

Randy Taylor the I-5 killer from the 70s??

Today at 12:36pm
Why is it just made public today that she called in sick last Wednesday?

Comments

Find Nicole
Rita, please understand this is an ongoing investigation and information is being released as deemed appropriate by the family and the involved authorities.

The above is from the Find Nicole site in reply to a question about info re Wednesday.

IMO...they know what's up and don't really need the publics help, for anything.

It is a possibility, but it's often overstated as a likelihood. Wikipedia has a page that lists fatal bear attacks in the US, broken down by black bear, grizzly, etc. Since 2000 there have been 4 fatal attacks in the east by wild bears (there was another by a captive bear that attacked it's owner's wife, in PA). 1 was an infant which I assume was left unattended by the porch of the family vacation home in NY, 1 was a 6 year old in TN, a 50 year old in TN, a 22 year old in NJ whose group was running away. Nothing recent in VA that I saw. It's small consolation that the offending animals are usually identified and killed (and then verified to be th right bear).

Still, if she was obviously injured, weak, disabled, I think she would be a target for the right bear. I have lots of bear stories from Shenandoah and most of them end with the bear running away in fear, but occasionally just ambling off. I have been so close to a big bear that I spooked down in Big Run that I felt the ground shake and I spun around in a circle looking for the horse that I thought was going tp trample me, I was cooling off in a pool once, wearing just my glasses, watching the fish, looked up and saw one checking me out 10 yards away, head moving up and down, sniffing, looking at different angles (they don't have great eyesight). I was a little concerned about that one but the bear turned away and resumed it's exploring elsewhere. Had I made any move at all it probably would have high-tailed up the ridge (I was getting ready to do some moves to demonstrate that I wasn't carrion but a healthy human being) . Many more encounters but those are a couple of the closer ones.

Mountain Lions have been reported, and seems likely a couple are around from what I've read, but no proof and no attacks in VA for like 100 years or more. I would think the ones that made it this far would be very discrete and stay far away from people. I heard a pack of coyotes in the evening, on an overnight backpacking trip in November. Don't think they would attack anyone that could move at all. There's reports of Coy-wolf which I am guessing are the larger coyotes that are part wolf and supposedly originate in the Great Lakes region. For the most part I think a carnivore will not attack, but may keep track of a vulnerable person from a safe distance.

I remember that 6 year old attack, so horrible, you know I'd be more afraid of mountain lions or coyotes. Coyotes have been coming into places where people live in the county, and attacking animals on farms. They're not afraid of people, at all. The bears have also, but I've not heard of any attacks, animal control just takes them, but it's mostly just sightings.

Randy Taylor the I-5 killer from the 70s??
Think he was too young in the 70's. Randy Taylor who dumped Alexis Murphy's car in C-ville, walked to Applebee's and phoned a cab back home to Nelson County.

I'm leaning more and more towards the idea she has disappeared on her own terms.

Wednesday: 10:50 texting with Dad, last known location: Warrenton. Calls in sick to work. Heads to SNP
Thuraday- nothing
Friday: MPR posted, with reference to 11am Wednesday morning
Saturday: car found at White Oak Canyon trail parking lot Syria, VA

its not being reported as a crime. She is listed as missing and endangered. Family is being really tight lipped about personal details. And they are looking for downloads to her phone. Which I would put money on where Maps. The Maps would be available to her with out cell signal. She is a marathon runner and triathlete- she could be anywhere by now.

I have the same opinion at this time. I do think her family said they are wanting to see what she downloaded including maps.

I do not believe any of the police agencies are in cahoots with each other either nor trying to cover anything up. I think they are all working tirelessly to find Nicole.

I also do not believe her husband is involved in her disappearance in any way. LE has long had ample time by now to verify his alibi and he may have taken a polygraph and passed for all we know. I think he is genuinely distraught that she is missing and cant be found. I haven't sensed LE believes something happened to her by another person but do think she may have left on her own accord or has done something to herself. I do think they know a lot about her personal life but would never divulge that to the public in case it does turnout to be suicide. Suicides are a very private personal matter so I think that is why LE is very tightlipped in case this turns out to be one.. All the cases of missing persons that committed suicide (when finally found) that I have seen the police all along were very mindful of information they put out to the public when trying to find them.

Depression is a strange thing. Some can overcome it and some cannot yet they can mask that pain in front of others and they do it very well. My husband's nephew committed suicide at the age of 24. We knew he had had depression off and on but at the time it happened he seem to have everything going for him and was better mentally than he ever had been or so we thought. He appeared happy/upbeat even the day he decided to commit suicide. He had been promoted at his workplace and had a beautiful fiancé he planned to marry in three months. The very night he killed himself he went out to eat with his fiancé ...laughing and talking with her about their wedding plans and their future. 45 minutes after kissing her goodnight he lay dead in his grandparents' front yard from a shotgun blast. So even if everything appeared normal for Nicole it may not have been.

I just pray she is found one way or the other. The not knowing where she is or what happened to her has to be so hard on all who loves her.

I feel at this time she was either depressed severely about something and may have gone off and committed suicide. We have seen other cases of females who did commit suicide in remote areas and it took the searchers weeks or even months to find the bodies. Heck we have seen other cases where females or males who had been murdered where there were extensive searches and the bodies were never located. Then later on years later right in the same general area a camper, hiker, or fisherman would stumble upon the remains by pure happenstance. Looking for a body in a vast area is really like looking for a needle in a haystack and sometimes they had the wrong haystack all along and the missing person was found right outside of the perimeter that had been searched.

I do not feel this is foul play and with LE being so private about personal information I don't think they think its a case of foul play either.

IMO

It was not a fake registry but was likely created in conjunction with her wedding registry (sister sites). Per VSP, NM was and is not expecting. I'm not sure if they said never, but they did say the site was not created by N&S when fox reporter "broke" the registry on Twitter.

AFAIS, on the visitors' posts on the facebook page, the last documented siting was a late entry to her crossfit gym after work on Monday (which would mean Wednesday was the sick day)
Apologies if the reference to the reporter's tweet or the fb post are not allowed references.

Hold up!

I need some help, including links if this is going to be permitted to be discussed.

Bear with me because I am taking a crash course here so appreciate you guys directing me -

1) What is VSP?
2) MSM tweets are always permitted. I just need a link.

Guys, I apologize in advance because I almost never ask for these things. I am more than willing to search them out for myself. However, this case has fast breaking news and I am trying to handle this thread, 2 other hot ones, as well as pre-trial stuff in one forum and put out fires in yet another. :pullhair:

Any help you guys can give me will be MUCH appreciated.

Hold up!

I need some help, including links if this is going to be permitted to be discussed.

Bear with me because I am taking a crash course here so appreciate you guys directing me -

1) What is VSP?
2) MSM tweets are always permitted. I just need a link.

Guys, I apologize in advance because I almost never ask for these things. I am more than willing to search them out for myself. However, this case has fast breaking news and I am trying to handle this thread, 2 other hot ones, as well as pre-trial stuff in one forum and put out fires in yet another. :pullhair:

Any help you guys can give me will be MUCH appreciated.

Virginia state police

Beach, VSP is Virginia State Police

The Find Nicole FB page has all the other info posted, especially in the comment and response section.

I watched the press conference and I don't think VSP wanted this out at this time. A reporter asked if her coworkers could talk about what Nicole was like and Capt Hall stepped up to the mike. The calling in sick came out then. Would have to watch the video to see what prompted him to say that - maybe a schedule question.

The Find Nicole FB page has all the other info posted, especially in the comment and response section.
I think the point is comments and responses by random people are NOT acceptable.

Seeing her lift the weights to see how strong she is, she's not going to be taken easily. Even with her size, she seems to be stronger than alot of men.
Yes, that is one of the reasons that I doubted abduction and assault, she wouldn't be easy to grab and control by a man, as long as she wasn't totally gassed from running or injured. She would likely have a game plan and even if she were overcome her attacker would probably have a mark or 3, likely on his face.

I know a couple of female firefighter/crossfitters, who last summer rode motorcycles across the country, mostly off-road, on the Trans-America Trail. Mountains, desert, prairie, rocks, sand, mud, irate ranchers, mechanical breakdowns, tumbling and sliding... That's tough no matter who you are.

If someone was stalking her, it seems they would have known something about her to leave the car in an area she had trained before. Unless, it was just the red herring as someone else said, because that's the trail the two women had been killed. The only thing we know for sure is she called in a sick day, and there were texts on her phone, and downloaded files. The question is was she forced to make that sick call and was she the one making the texts, and downloaded files. As her Dad said she was very dedicated to her job, I don't think she'd make that call lightly just for a run, unless she was under duress. She would've known someone would have to cover a 24 hour shift and be called in on their off day.

Thank you!

I think the point is comments and responses by random people are NOT acceptable.

EXACTLY. Thank you!

The social media pages I approved are linkable but only the Admin posts are to be referenced.
Absolutely no comments. ANYONE can comment and that is how the rumors perpetuate.

Also, any and all LE pages and MSM pages - both Facebook and Twitter.

Yes, that is one of the reasons that I doubted abduction and assault, she wouldn't be easy to grab and control by a man, as long as she wasn't totally gassed from running or injured. She would likely have a game plan and even if she were overcome her attacker would probably have a mark or 3, likely on his face.

I know a couple of female firefighter/crossfitters, who last summer rode motorcycles across the country, mostly off-road, on the Trans-America Trail. Mountains, desert, prairie, rocks, sand, mud, irate ranchers, mechanical breakdowns, tumbling and sliding... That's tough no matter who you are.

This is the fourth day they've been searching that area, I don't think she's there, unless they've found signs and looking for a body. I think the post by the family last night says they've not found any signs of her yet. She could be attacked if she was unaware, maybe wearing earphones, etc. I think that person would have alot of wounds on him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214