Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as she's into fitness, attends the events, etc, I just don't see suicide. Even though fire and rescue is stressful, she has an outlet, maybe even more involved in what some would see as just a hobby. There's also other Fairfax firefighters involved in the weight lifting and events, it's important to keep yourself fit as a firefighter. She seems totally involved in it. I think the location of the last texts being close to Warrenton means something.

I'm wondering why she was a member of Crossfit Warrenton (as opposed to other locations). It's not close to her home or her work.

I have been thinking about that since the beginning as well. She works at the Merrifield station- apparently lived in Woodbridge- but attends a Crossfit an hour away from both locations?

I have been thinking about that since the beginning as well. She works at the Merrifield station- apparently lived in Woodbridge- but attends a Crossfit an hour away from both locations?

I have a friend who is into Zumba and lives in Silver Spring, MD. She would go to different classes, as far as Alexandria VA or even PWC. Not that unusual, I think.

"The next day, there was no phone call made. From there, the phone calls started happening," Hall said. "Nicole if you can hear us, reach out to us, give us a call," Hall said. "Your home is still here. We're waiting for you."

The fact that she called out Wednesday, and almost immediately after that they started calling her and saying stuff like "your home is still here, we're waiting...." makes me think she was definitely having mental health issues, and they knew that.

I'm wondering why she was a member of Crossfit Warrenton (as opposed to other locations). It's not close to her home or her work.

Where is her home?
Do we know where she has been living?

http://find.mapmuse.com/map/cell-towers/near/VA

Here are links to Cell Towers in Virginia. You can see two towers in Warrenton, one in Brandy station, one in Culpeper, and one in Madison.
If her last Ping was from Warrenton- that means she didn't use her phone at all between leaving Warrenton and her arriving at White Oak Canyon Trails.

Significant to me because: That would indicate she wasn't using GPS because GPS would have pinged Brandy station, Rixeyville or Culpeper. So she either has been to the place before and knew how to get there. (or she wasn't driving at all- but I am leaning towards the former)

Where they are expanding their search to leads me to believe she was either running on a circuit training run or if she was intending to disappear she was headed towards the main App. Trail.
http://www.guidetosnp.com/web/LogoftheDrive/logc2.aspx
Scroll to the bottom of the page and it shows a map and gives details about how the trails intersect.

http://find.mapmuse.com/map/cell-towers/near/VA

Here are links to Cell Towers in Virginia. You can see two towers in Warrenton, one in Brandy station, one in Culpeper, and one in Madison.
If her last Ping was from Warrenton- that means she didn't use her phone at all between leaving Warrenton and her arriving at White Oak Canyon Trails.

Significant to me because: That would indicate she wasn't using GPS because GPS would have pinged Brandy station, Rixeyville or Culpeper. So she either has been to the place before and knew how to get there. (or she wasn't driving at all- but I am leaning towards the former)

Where they are expanding their search to leads me to believe she was either running on a circuit training run or if she was intending to disappear she was headed towards the main App. Trail.
http://www.guidetosnp.com/web/LogoftheDrive/logc2.aspx
Scroll to the bottom of the page and it shows a map and gives details about how the trails intersect.

Or it means she was abducted near Warrenton and the phone was disabled so as not to ping off any towers. Pull the SIM card out does that right?

Or it means she was abducted near Warrenton and the phone was disabled so as not to ping off any towers. Pull the SIM card out does that right?

If she has an android device. Iphones don't have SIM's.

Does anyone else find it ironic at least that a Firefighter is missing and her car was found at the sight of a (now) massive forest fire? :thinking:

This case is very interesting and all over the place. One minute I'm thinking she had an accident then I'm certain she was killed the next I'm thinking she may be suicidal but then I really don't believe she is/was suicidal. I think either she met someone there or her car was left there by someone other than her. IMO

They don´t want peoples help and they don´t think anything criminal has happened to her. Her husband talks to her and asks her to come home and the fire captain said "your home is stil here" and "we are waiting for you". To me it seems like they all think she is suicidal and has or is thinking about taking her own life. IMO she already has.

EDIT: I find it a little strange that she did not leave a suicide letter or something like that, so that they could find her and give her a burial. Even though people are depressed they should think a little about the ones they leave behind. I have been suicidal, and I would never do it somewhere where no one would find me. The family needs closure, and when they never get the opportunity to get an answer the one who commits suicide makes everyones life a living hell. Who would want that for their loved ones? (I´m not saying this is the case here, I´m just talking generally).

Above bbm
I don't think we know whether or not she left a note. It's possible she did. I don't think LE would release that information, nor do I believe the media would report it. In fact, it seems to me the way things are coming out flow in a way that does indicate they may have found something to suggest it. The words of the fire captain you've quoted above and the words from her husband in the press conference seem to indicate there has been some kind of evidence found leading them to believe she may have willingly left or done something.

If some kind of evidence was found in the form of a suicide note or the like, then I hope it wasn't a red herring.

Does anyone else find it ironic at least that a Firefighter is missing and her car was found at the sight of a (now) massive forest fire? :thinking:

This case is very interesting and all over the place. One minute I'm thinking she had an accident then I'm certain she was killed the next I'm thinking she may be suicidal but then I really don't believe she is/was suicidal. I think either she met someone there or her car was left there by someone other than her. IMO

To put this in context the forest fire in SNP is over an hour long drive away from where her car was found or about 50 miles. So saying it is at the site of a huge forest fire might be stretching it a bit.

I have a good friend who is very in to crossfit. He travels 45 minutes to his gym even though there are two that are closer. There's a few reasons; equipment available, competition opportunities, but the biggest one for him is the atmosphere and personalities of the gym. It is very physically challenging and you want to be surrounded by people who motivate you best. It is often recommended to try a few gyms and see which one feels like "home".

If she has an android device. Iphones don't have SIM's.

Yes iPhones that are GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile) have SIMs. Just like Androids do. However CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) phones do not have SIMs. I thought everyone knew this.

I believe these two events are connected, not a coincidence at all.

The fact that she called out Wednesday, and almost immediately after that they started calling her and saying stuff like "your home is still here, we're waiting...." makes me think she was definitely having mental health issues, and they knew that.

I'm sure they don't know what to think, probably feel she's just left. Although they know alot of what's been going on concerning the station, and they've talked to other firefighters, and the husband. By him saying that it could mean he thinks she should prioritize her life as being a married firefighter and accept it, make a choice this is your home and life, etc. It just seems to me she's been more involved with fitness and events, maybe there's been ongoing issues. It could be this has caused the duress, not have mental issues that would cause suicide.

I have heard it suggested that someone could have started the fire to cover evidence and I've heard the fire is too far away. But thinking a bit out-of-the-box and along the lines of suicide, I can't say the thought of someone in a suicidal frame of mind starting the fire as some kind of symbolism, before committing suicide, didn't cross my mind.

EDIT: I find it a little strange that she did not leave a suicide letter or something like that, so that they could find her and give her a burial.

There's this myth about notes and suicides... in fact very few suicides leave notes, the most common figure I've seen is 25%.

As far as location goes, some people choose to go to a place they know they won't be found, at least not quickly, and not by family or friends. Or a place of importance to them. Those are the ones who can wind up here as missing, but we don't see or hear about the vast majority. Over 100 Americans a day commit suicide according to a 2014 report, and for every one who succeeds, 25 others are attempting suicide. One person every forty seconds worldwide commits suicide; it was the 3rd biggest cause of death for 15-44 year olds (http://www.save.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=705D5DF4-055B-F1EC-3F66462866FCB4E6).

Just take that in for a moment, balanced against all the other stuff going on in the world, all the disease and war.

Suicide is out there. Suicide is big, bigger than people want to deal with. The ones we see here are, by their very appearance here, likely to be out of the ordinary.

I don't know if Nicole took, or was planning to take, her own life but there is much to lead one to see it as possible. I know there's a huge search on, but how many times have we seen missing people found close to a last known location, days, weeks, months later despite huge searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange