Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard it suggested that someone could have started the fire to cover evidence and I've heard the fire is too far away. But thinking a bit out-of-the-box and along the lines of suicide, I can't say the thought of someone in a suicidal frame of mind starting the fire as some kind of symbolism, before committing suicide, didn't cross my mind.

Just know that the smoke will throw off the dogs looking for her scent regardless of how close that fire is to where she went missing.

Hold up!

I need some help, including links if this is going to be permitted to be discussed.

Bear with me because I am taking a crash course here so appreciate you guys directing me -

1) What is VSP?
2) MSM tweets are always permitted. I just need a link.

Guys, I apologize in advance because I almost never ask for these things. I am more than willing to search them out for myself. However, this case has fast breaking news and I am trying to handle this thread, 2 other hot ones, as well as pre-trial stuff in one forum and put out fires in yet another. :pullhair:

Any help you guys can give me will be MUCH appreciated.
Sorry if already answered. VSP is Virginia state police. The tweet is here
[video=twitter;722519185637654532]https://twitter.com/peggytv/status/722519185637654532[/video]

I have been thinking about that since the beginning as well. She works at the Merrifield station- apparently lived in Woodbridge- but attends a Crossfit an hour away from both locations?
Doesn't she work at the Burke station where they're holding the vigil?
I think she might have been a member at a couple of crossfit gyms?

Doesn't she work at the Burke station where they're holding the vigil?
I think she might have been a member at a couple of crossfit gyms?
Yes, well, Fairfax Station. By the plaza with Kohls. Drive by it frequently.
And keep it mind she had four days off in a row every week and a half. Plenty of free time.

The fact she called in sick on Wednesday makes it even clearer (to me) that this was a planned departure. I very much hope she is alive, but am not optimistic. It's obviously possible she was just playing hooky and/or some unrelated bad thing happened to her, but the odds of that sort of coincidence are clearly lower than everything fitting together into one sensible narrative.

Yes iPhones that are GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile) have SIMs. Just like Androids do. However CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) phones do not have SIMs. I thought everyone knew this.

Iphones have SIM cards. My 6 Plus Verizon had one and my 6S Plus AT&T has one.

admin note

as of right now, below are the approved social media pages that are okay to link and reference. (as i review i may add to this list.)

find nicole now - offical facebook support page

find nicole.com

help save the next girl

please review the parameters set forth in the social media rules cited in my earlier post.

• links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by msm reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***note: comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • regarding group support pages, i.e., "help find..." and "justice for...”: If at any time the ws staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

bumping

The fact she called in sick on Wednesday makes it even clearer (to me) that this was a planned departure. I very much hope she is alive, but am not optimistic. It's obviously possible she was just playing hooky and/or some unrelated bad thing happened to her, but the odds of that sort of coincidence are clearly lower than everything fitting together into one sensible narrative.

Interesting. I feel the opposite. I'm thinking she may have taken the day off, played hooky, to spend the day with someone. A friend, acquaintance, husband. Anyone, really. But that's just me.

Interesting. I feel the opposite. I'm thinking she may have taken the day off, played hooky, to spend the day with someone. A friend, acquaintance, husband. Anyone, really. But that's just me.

In the government you only have to send an email to request sick leave. Technically she could have been missing since Tuesday (at the time her supervisor received the request) or before.

I have been thinking about that since the beginning as well. She works at the Merrifield station- apparently lived in Woodbridge- but attends a Crossfit an hour away from both locations?
It is long drive, but she may have started at that place before the other 2 were open, and/or she has a bond with people where she is now. Of course people have had issues at one box (crossfit gym, they are usually started up in a warehouse/industrial building) and moved to another.

New here... so upset by this disappearance. I pass by that fire station every day on the way to work, and head to Shenandoah several times per year to get away from the busy DC life. This reminds me of the disappearance of Bryan Glenn in Fairfax several years ago. By all outward appearances, he was happy and in good spirits, with lots to look forward to in life (he was a student at Woodson HS at the time). One morning, he skipped school, went to a local Dunkin Donuts and then left his car in the parking lot of a small park in Fairfax City. Search teams looked for days - but it wasn't until a family member organized a search time about a week after his disappearance, that they found his body in the park. He had committed suicide - such a shock to his family and community. I hope and pray that the outcome in this case is different...

Considering her line of work and her husbands, it seems logical that NM would not hike in SNP without a buddy. I think it's most likely she met someone there or that her car is in fact a red herring.

attachment.php

I wanted to share this photo from WJLA it was from a 4pm news broadcast could not find a link for it but took a photo with my phone the reporter circled the search area and puts black dot where the exact location where the car was found thought this infomation might be useful ,.... Just for reference because the picture is kind of blurry it says Upper Hawksbill Parking & its looks like you would come in on route 608 to enter that particular lot

Attachments

• 20160420_161048 (1).jpg
    20160420_161048 (1).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 361
attachment.php

I wanted to share this photo from WJLA it was from a 4pm news broadcast could not find a link for it but took a photo with my phone the reporter circled the search area and puts black dot where the exact location where the car was found thought this infomation might be useful

And that would mean Nicole did not drive into SNP to park her car.

It has been mentioned on here a couple times that she was seen at her crossfit Monday night class in Warrenton. Do we have a source?

If she is on 24's and works B shift- shouldn't she be on shift Monday night?

I totally agree. I often take off for a drive and a run just to get out of the rat race... if Nicole did that I can understand, but it seems so far to go that way. Most people go out 66 to Big Meadow. If she went through Warrenton, she was headed to Sperryville, then would hang a left and go south some more before she got to White Oak Canyon. And in order to get to Warrenton, she'd have to be on 66 anyway and exit at Gainesville. That's a LONG WAY to go for a run, especially when you know you will be really tired and have to drive all the way back, sweaty, in your car. Doesn't make sense to go that far. Last time I decided to run trail (I live in Fairfax) I went to Manassas Battlefield. This is 4-5x farther away. Plus, (and this is just my opinion) runners run for the endorphins, so suicide doesn't make much sense to me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse