Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned on Fox 5 at 10:00 AM...no link...just watched it on the news.

I just saw on the tv too! Fox 5 DC is reporting she called in sick last Wednesday. No link on website yet.

hmmm...if you're playing hooky from work, do you go to crossfit for a workout?

I would say very likely so if she's calling in for a stress related issue and not a physical ailment. Many of us with mental disorders know the benefits of physical activity. If you feel overwhelmed with stress, depression or anxiety, the best thing you can do is get moving. If she regularly works out then she probably knows that as well. :moo:

maybe...but I doubt it. too public a place and if she was a 'regular' a whole lot of people would know she was playing hooky. firefighters would highly frown upon this. I don't think she was at crossfit. maybe just said so on a text. or said she was in warrenton for something else...

Fairfax county firefighters work "24 hour differentials", "three operations days" just like the captain said. so presumably, she goes to work Monday, say 6am-6am. Tuesday's probably a sleep day. Wednesday morning she calls in sick and texts dad around 10:50. presumably not an alarming text or he would've reported her missing before her co-workers said she didn't show up friday.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/deptinfo/orgchart.htm

if someone could find a link to that presser?

i agree schmae but i just don't think she'd "go public" like that. she'd find another place (like shenendoah) to go running...something more private where she knew she wouldn't run into anyone (no pun intended)...

Careful with the FOX news story -- someone watched or heard the press conference and said the Captain said she called in sick, but didn't say if it was Wed or Mon.

http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/04/family-missing-firefighter-seeks-cell-phone-data/

If it's her father's account how can they stop him accessing data on his account, also is it not strange that her father seems to have control of her phone contract.

I've literally not been on my parents plan since I was 19, and I'm the same age as Nicole, so.. that is strange. He should be able to access all of her records then if it's his account. I'm not sure what he's searching for... I mean, I'm sure they've pinged her phone. He could log in and see outgoing and incoming calls..

Let me tell you - we had a guy from a blocked number call our firm one day here in Fairfax City. The guy threatened me and told me he was going to come blow my ****ing head off if I didn't stop calling his wife's business. I called the cops and they were like "so what do you want us to do...." Frustrating. Anyway, I think my point is, cops are hesitant to subpoena phone records in any case - even if someone threatens to kill you. I believe it's due to lack of resources.

@fox5melanie is the verified account of a reporter on twitter

USAR is involved, state police requested it and feds approved. Not sure if that means anything to any of you

It's usually cheaper to bundle your phones, Nicole might have stayed on her parents' plan to save money

I've literally not been on my parents plan since I was 19, and I'm the same age as Nicole, so.. that is strange. He should be able to access all of her records then if it's his account. I'm not sure what he's searching for... I mean, I'm sure they've pinged her phone. He could log in and see outgoing and incoming calls..

Let me tell you - we have a guy from a blocked number call our firm one day here in Fairfax City. The guy threatened me and told me he was going to come blow my ****ing head off if I didn't stop calling his wife's business. I called the cops and they were like "so what do you want us to do...." Frustrating. Anyway, I think my point is, cops are hesitant to subpoena phone records in any case - even if someone threatens to kill you. I believe it's due to lack of resources.

Not strange... I know a ton of people who are still on their parents phone plans and I'm in my 30s. It's so much cheaper on a family plan.

I wouldn't read anything into the phone contract. Many people have family plans outside of parents and kids at homs because it saves money. Not strange at all.

Not strange... I know a ton of people who are still on their parents phone plans and I'm in my 30s. It's so much cheaper on a family plan.

My whole family does this, it is just cheaper. Except for me (they all live overseas I am in the US). I really want to get my fiancé on my plan so we can save some $$$$

As far as workplaces with mostly one gender, I really don't know. I've only worked in healthcare, my brother used to be a paramedic at Dulles International Airport in Northern Virginia, when you're new the coworkers can be mean. He was definitely bullied, as rookies are usually, even in the military. As volunteer emts,.firefighters you're treated as less than, male or female, because you're not experienced enough to be paid. At the Fairfax Firefighting Academy you have to volunteer for a year before they might accept you. They get paid well too when they graduated and its competitive getting on a good station like Merrifield where she was. Nicole would've had to have done that, but who knows where she volunteered, could've been anywhere.
I won't get into rumors. But if people are talking about you in a disparaging way of course it's upsetting. In this field you have to know it happens. In nursing school we were told "nurses eat their young" meaning older more experienced nurses are mean and horrible to new grads, and they are. It's a club. I keep to myself because I learned my lesson, even after 10 years. You really can't trust anyone in this profession. Not worth trying to be friends with coworkers.
It seems that LE knows a lot we don't know. And we can see how LE handled similar cases and speculate as to why they're doing what they're doing with this case. I really hope they find her soon. It seems like it's pointing to suicide IMO, or she wanted to disappear. But there are other things that it could be. Although I rule out her being injured, attacked by animals or lost. Could be foul play, but the VSP have her car, they seem to have her phone. I'm sure there are clues in the car.

I hear you and understand where you are coming from. I was once a young RN, now just an older experienced one after working for 33 years. Other women can be tough on women in any profession and make life unbearable. I am so sorry you experienced that and please know, it is not always this way. Jealousy does rear its ugly head and women can certainly be cruel to each other instead of lifting each other up. IMO

My young adult children are all on my phone plan with no end in sight lol.

Surely the dad has looked at the accounts to see if or who else she was in contact with.

So what is the last verified known sighting of her?

Forgive my ignorance here: Do most cars have a built in GPS tracking device? Or is that just rental cars?

The last sighting we know about would be her shift on Monday if it has been confirmed that she called in Wednesday(and it sounds like it or she wouldn't be able to be out and about). Nothing for Tuesday or Wednesday has been discussed. Her shift likely ended Tuesday morning, April 12

It's usually cheaper to bundle your phones, Nicole might have stayed on her parents' plan to save money

this. my bf's entire family is on his sisters plan since she works for the company. it's cheaper then them all having their own accounts. situation could be similar.

But unless she texted to call in sick on Wednesday, she must have talked to someone at work on Wednesday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr