Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a suicidal person go to the gym for a crossfit workout right before disappearing? I just don't see that happening.

Why not? It's very common for suicidal people to keep their routine absolutely normal until the last moment. We had one case here where many were totally convinced someone hadn't committed suicide because they'd had their hair done a couple of days earlier and CCTV showed them buying gas and snacks the day they disappeared. Her husband came here and spoke very openly and heartbreakingly about why he believed his wife had committed suicide, as indeed was proven the case when she was found.

Welcome Gut_feeling! Good post. So sorry for your experience with your mom, it must have been horrible.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

again, agree with you just k (the rabbit can't thank or quote posts).

idk, I have no idea what's being said on any other site because I don't read them so I have no idea what y'all are talking about regarding rumors. and yet my hinky meter is still off the charts.

then again it usually is...:blushing:

Just catching up on this one. Very odd. I hope she is located soon and is safe.

I found the other forum everyone is referring to, but cannot find the specific posts. Someone help me!

Very odd about the baby registry as well. Of course she may have been expecting at one point and was just excited to do a registry and then lost the baby, but I could never imagine a male co-worker setting up anything like a fake registry.

I'm also getting the feeling that things aren't adding up. Interesting that a poster a few posts up mentions she *may* have called in sick on Wednesday. If that's the case, who knows how long she's been missing or if someone else could have made the 10:50 text.

Do we know the last time anyone actually saw her in person?

It was not a fake registry but was likely created in conjunction with her wedding registry (sister sites). Per VSP, NM was and is not expecting. I'm not sure if they said never, but they did say the site was not created by N&S when fox reporter "broke" the registry on Twitter.

AFAIS, on the visitors' posts on the facebook page, the last documented siting was a late entry to her crossfit gym after work on Monday (which would mean Wednesday was the sick day)
Apologies if the reference to the reporter's tweet or the fb post are not allowed references.

That is exactly the way it was when Dr. Teleka Patrick went missing. Because police were saying very little most believed she had been murdered by a Pastor she had been stalking but they finally found her body in a body of water close to where she had abandoned her vehicle and she had not been murdered by anyone. She was having serious mental issues at the time of her death. It took them sometime to find her body though.

OT
I never believed the pastor physically harmed her, she was stalking and harassing him in barrage of weird tweets.. I don't know how she fully functioned at work with her severe mental illness, and her non stop- tweeting, with so little sleep. I believe she was found in a pond in Portage, Ind. or close it. We will never know what happened.:( She's at peace now.

I haven't read anything that said she was at a Crossfit gym on Wednesday? Is that verified anywhere?

I haven't read every single post, so forgive me if this info has been sorted out already. I wanted to comment on the possibility of a miscarriage and how this may or may not have anything to do with her being missing.

This is just my experience, and I know not everyone is the same, so take it with a grain of salt. I had a recent miscarriage and it devastated me. I started falling apart, couldn't stop crying, began having thoughts of suicide. I was also physically affected, as it caused me to bleed for over two weeks & I felt tired, weak, and run down. I was going downhill fast and I was not in the best mind for taking self-care measures.

My boss found me sobbing on the stairs at work (again) and ended up telling me if I didn't call for help, she would be calling for me. I decided to call myself because I didn't want her calling 911. 😐 I called & scheduled a follow-up with my midwife, who suspected PPD & sent me to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist diagnosed me with PPD and started me on an anti-depressant. He said the miscarriage, besides obviously being sad and traumatic, had thrown my hormones off & was affecting my brain chemistry. After a while on the anti-depressants, I was still sad, but less out of control with my feelings and suicidal ideation.

This is just my own perspective, but I was very distraught and it wasn't too far out of the realm of possibility to think about driving to a forest and walking into it, not caring what ended up happening after that, or maybe taking pills/meds of some sort & then walking in, etc. NOT saying this is what happened here, but until recently, I didn't know one could develop PPD after a miscarriage (not a full-term birth), either.

From being on WS, I'm pretty jaded & generally lean towards suspecting foul play over suicide or an accident in the majority of cases. I haven't caught up on this entire case, yet, but is there a general consensus from WS members on what may have happened here?

Hi Lark, I'm sorry about your miscarriage, my wife and I experienced that too. It was like a missile had struck our home in the middle of the night. I hope things are much better lately. I think you're onto a very relevant Idea. NM possibly having had one would explain the registry, and possibly any questionable behavior, including self harm. IMO.

I haven't read anything that said she was at a Crossfit gym on Wednesday? Is that verified anywhere?

Not as far as I know. I believe it's being assumed by some because her last known location was listed as the town where her gym is located.

@peggytv

Virginia State Police: Mittendorff's did not create registry site & Nicole is not pregnant

Peggy Fox is a WUSA9 reporter

She is on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another idea (just from experience). When we go hiking (we do not backcountry camping due to my fiancé paranoia LOL) we have to carry a lot of gear if we are camping (like in a campsite that would be close to a parking space). Backcountry camping requires some more gear because (in the case of the SNP) you have to have some type of canister to keep your food away from bears. I just do not see her doing all this preparation for a middle of the week trail visit.
I really hope she did not go to this place to do something to herself. She seems to be rightfully employed and has a family that loves her. If she was indeed depressed I do not see why she would not confide in her family or friends or EAP at her place of employment (it is supposed to be 100% confidential).
To me if she indeed intended to spent the night at SNP she might have been ill prepared (temps change drastically at night). But again she knew better.

What is their protocol for calling in sick? I understand it had to be done by 5 or 5:30 a.m., but do firefighters call into the station directly? I know some companies have automated services for such purposes. Would she have had to speak with someone directly?

if there's a verified sighting at crossfit, I can't find a link to it. this is all the news said:

"She participates in CrossFit, is a gym regular and can often be found riding and running on trails."

(huffpost, Washington post, aol, oldtownpost.com, all published the same quote)

"The last known probable location was Warranton, Virginia, which is northwest of her home. "

BBM...

I think someone is thinking that she was in Warrenton for crossfit because she has ties to the gym there. The last I've seen is someone confirming she did show up to her crossfit class Monday night (albeit late because the OP had said she didn't show up)

She worked Monday, correct? A 24 hour shift until Tuesday morning.

I haven't read every single post, so forgive me if this info has been sorted out already. I wanted to comment on the possibility of a miscarriage and how this may or may not have anything to do with her being missing.

This is just my experience, and I know not everyone is the same, so take it with a grain of salt. I had a recent miscarriage and it devastated me. I started falling apart, couldn't stop crying, began having thoughts of suicide. I was also physically affected, as it caused me to bleed for over two weeks & I felt tired, weak, and run down. I was going downhill fast and I was not in the best mind for taking self-care measures.

My boss found me sobbing on the stairs at work (again) and ended up telling me if I didn't call for help, she would be calling for me. I decided to call myself because I didn't want her calling 911. 😐 I called & scheduled a follow-up with my midwife, who suspected PPD & sent me to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist diagnosed me with PPD and started me on an anti-depressant. He said the miscarriage, besides obviously being sad and traumatic, had thrown my hormones off & was affecting my brain chemistry. After a while on the anti-depressants, I was still sad, but less out of control with my feelings and suicidal ideation.

This is just my own perspective, but I was very distraught and it wasn't too far out of the realm of possibility to think about driving to a forest and walking into it, not caring what ended up happening after that, or maybe taking pills/meds of some sort & then walking in, etc. NOT saying this is what happened here, but until recently, I didn't know one could develop PPD after a miscarriage (not a full-term birth), either.

From being on WS, I'm pretty jaded & generally lean towards suspecting foul play over suicide or an accident in the majority of cases. I haven't caught up on this entire case, yet, but is there a general consensus from WS members on what may have happened here?

I am so sorry for your loss and what You went through. The family has confirmed that NM was not pregnant FWIW. Your points are well taken.

The father posted, "My daughter Nicole went missing on Weds, 13 April 2016 about 1100 in the morning in Northern Virginia. The last contact was text messages about 1050. The last known probable location was Warranton, Virginia." He never said he was the last one to talk to her, but the last contact was text messages about 10:50. He has the cell account in his name, according to the family post about wanting a lawyer last night. Maybe that's how he traced her last text message location, or maybe from what was said in the texts she was around that area, because he said probable location was Warrenton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214